“Since I know you love Christmas and have read many books centered around the holiday can you share with me a few of your favorites? I always try to read one book set during Christmas time each holiday season!”
Well, there are TONS to choose from, but unfortunately, while I am a Christmas enthusiast, it would seem that my Christmas-book experience is highly limited. Ask me to give you a movie favorite is easy… (it’s Elf!! :D) but books? Ahhhh.. *whoops* my bad. 😉
Mind you, I’ve read a ton where “Christmas” happens in the book (and I LOVE that) but a dedicated Christmas romance? *hans head in shame*
But that’s okay! ‘Cause we are a HUGE reading group, and a bunch of you helped me out. Here are THEIR favorites:
- Married for Christmas (Willow Park) by Noelle Adams <— Jillian said: ” I just read Married for Christmas by Noelle Adams. I think maybe it was on your bargains list a week or so ago. Anyway, it was quite angst-y – wasn’t expecting that. So if you’re looking for some angst, with the main hero as a pastor! (this is not a religious themed book, still a contemporary romance) and Christmas I would recommend!”
- Miss Kane’s Christmas (A Christmas Romantic Comedy) by Caroline Mickelson <— Lauren says: “Hi! Miss Kane’s Christmas is a sweet (chaste, but romantic) romance. A touch of fantasy and magic, and a quick read, and it’s all about” What’s it about? hehe. —> “Carol Claus agrees to her father’s request that she leave the North Pole on a mission to help save Christmas. Joining single father Ben Hanson and his children for the holidays seems an easy enough task until Santa informs her that Ben is the man behind the disturbing new book ‘Beyond Bah Humbug: Why Lying to Your Children about Santa Claus is a Bad Idea’.” <– run roh!
- Their Merry Little Christmas (Love Square) by Jessica Ingro <— recommended by Debi (oh book #1 in this was an intense affair-ish love triangle. I wonder where THIS one leads?
- Under The Mistletoe With Me (With Me In Seattle) by Kristen Proby <— recommended by Debi
- Holidays with the Walker Brothers (Alluring Indulgence) by Nicole Edwards <–Recommended by Debi likely super-steamy. 😉
- Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances by John Green, Lauren Myracle, Maureen Johnson <— Kaci recommends this one! And Steph agrees saying: “LET IT SNOW by John Green, et al is youngish YA, but is my fav holiday read! I re-read it every year!”
- A Proposal for Christmas: State Secrets\The Five Days of Christmas by Linda Lael Miller <— Sharon says: ” I liked all the Ones LINDA LAEL MILLER wrote!!”
- Checking It Twice by Jodi Redford <— oh wow… look at that *ahem* cover. 😉 Vicki says: “Jodi Redford has 2 that take place around Christmas but you better add a little something to your egg nog before you read them. Checking it Twice and the Naughty List.”
- The Naughty List by Jodi Redford <—- Tee hee!!! This is the other one recommended by Vicki. I wonder what she got for Christmas. 😉
- A Vampire’s Christmas Carol by Cynthia Eden <— Andi recommends this one: “For a paranormal novella Cynthia Eden’s A vampire Christmas Carol” and Angel agrees saying: “Cynthia Eden’s Vampire’s Christmas Carol is my favorite of the ones I’ve read this year.”
- A Toast to the Good Times by Steph Campbell and Liz Reinhardt <— Steph says: “shameless self-promo here, but A TOAST TO THE GOOD TIMES is a NA Holiday Romance I co-wrote with Liz Reinhardt and is on sale through the New Year and takes place over Christmas.”
- Season of Seduction: Five Golden Rings\Naughty Nicks\Menage on 34th Street\Matzoh and Mistletoe <— recommended by Lindsey saying: “Naughty Nicks by Christine d’abo, five golden rings by Jeffe Kennedy, and Matzoh and Mistletoe By Jodie Griffin. They are about 2.51$ each but I believe Carina Press sells it as an anthology all together. Super good!”
- Wolfsbane and Mistletoe <— paranormal Christmas fun recommended by Sapphire
- Christmas in Lucky Harbor: Simply Irresistible/The Sweetest Thing/Two Bonus Short Stories by Jill Shalvis <— Tanya recommends this one saying: “I had a really hard time with this too, as I needed to read one for book club and didn’t want to read something that was part of a series. I ended up with a Jill Shalvis read, Christmas in Lucky Harbor I think it was.”
- All I Want for Christmas Is a Vampire (Love at Stake, Book 5) by Kerrelyn Sparks <— Missy recommends this one and YES!! It was so good! Here’s my review.
- The Magical Christmas Cat by Lora Leigh, Erin McCarthy, Nalini Singh, Linda Winstead Jones<– Laura recommends this one!
- Holiday Sparks by Taryn Elliott <— Stephanie recommends this one saying: “fun and steamy. AND currently 99 pennies!”
- The Christmas Throwaway by RJ Scott <– Jackie recommends this m/m romance!
- Christmas with a Soldier (Soldier Series Romance Novellas) by Makenna Jameison <— Brazgirl recommends this one!
- The Five Kisses (Pride Meets Prejudice Regency Romance #1) by Karla Darcy <— Divya suggests this one.
- Emilie’s Christmas Love by Joyce Lavene, James Lavene <— and Melinda suggests this one (tons of GREAT reviews! and I think I see why with this little part from the synopsis: “Emilie Ferrier wants to adopt a child to fill her empty life. She’s given up any hope of meeting the ‘right’ guy. She can offer a child anything, except two parents. Nick Garrett owns the mechanic shop that works on Emilie’s cars. He’s fresh out of the military, caring for his niece and nephew following his sister’s tragic death in a car accident. He promised her he would give her children the one thing she and Nick didn’t have: two parents.“