Now…onto the part that made me squeal in delight!
J.R. Ward gives us tidbits into her upcoming book Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 9). No real spoilers, of course, but enough juicy detail to make you really ponder what’s coming…
(Side note: Lily…brace yourself. Your two favorite characters in this series – V and Butch – appear to have some integral moments in this upcoming one).
My first hint to something really important was when Jessica revealed that the end of this book made her "weepie", and J.R. Ward said:
"That’s just because you were pissed Butch was in tears."
and I thought to myself…whaaaaaaa?
So here’s the juicy on Lover Unleashed!
- She is currently finishing up the Mary and Rhage novella and then will move onto Wrath & Beth’s (she can’t wait to write it!)
- Rhage and Mary are having a difficult time in the beginning of the novella, but it’s a "beautiful thing" watching them become parents. In fact, her editor cried.
- No release dates as of yet for either novella.
- Blay and Qhuinn are both in the upcoming book (my side note: but of course – there would be outrage and pillaging if they weren’t!!)
- Oh oh!! Saxon proves just how much he loves them both… (and she "sniffed* at the end of that comment). Take of it what you will, ladies…I think I can guess 😉
- Someone also asked if Saxon was going to get a HEA (happily ever after) and she said keep reading, and then someone else asked if Sax is going to get his heart broken, and wonders if Blay and Qhuinn are going to figure out they’re meant to be and J.R. says:
"UMMM. iM GOING TO KR THE BLAY AND QHUINN STUFF IM AFRAID AND SAXTON IS PART OF THAT".
Well ladies, it appears, that no matter how many ways we ask the same question, we’re not gonna get the answer 😉 – although I do remember her mentioning in a past chat that Blay and Qhuinn will be getting their HEA (but is it with each other? ahhhhh, we assumed, but do we really know?)
- Someone asked if Manny was going to be related to Butch and J.R. replies that the "brother" reference was not just about Payne, but she wasn’t going to divulge anymore.
- There will be a downward spiral for Vishous, and the choices "affect him and Jane and Butch more than anything else". Ruh Roh!! (*squeal*)
- Someone asks why Butch was crying, and her answer to that was: His heart was broken, he had to do something that "just killed him", made him real emotional. She goes on to say: sometimes, to be there for someone (like especially if that someone is V), that "you have to go places that are devastating for you"…She said we’ll understand once we read it. OH WOW – I can’t WAIT to find out what this is going to be. This book is going to be AWESOME!! March is so far away! Yes, I’m whining!
- She doesn’t know who comes after Payne and Manny (and it’s the first time this has happened to her, in the series)
- She does indicate that the hero of Envy (her next Fallen Angels book) will appear in Lover Unleashed.
- She doesn’t travel much because of her grueling book schedule (many deadlines).
- Not sure about possible movies or t.v. of the BDB – she is simply concentrating on the books for now.
- Her original contract for the Black Dagger Brotherhood series was for three books, (the original concept for the series was 10 books), and now the future of BDB appears to be open-ended as long as her readers remain interested, and the Brothers keep "talking".
- Here’s a little "character tidbit" –> V hates MAC (as in prefers PC over Apple). He doesn’t like anything with "i" in front of it. Poor guy. He’s really missing out without an iPad 😉 These things ROCK!
- Another "character tidbit" –> Murdher has "another side"
OK slight *spoiler* alert on this one for her Fallen Angels series (for those who haven’t finished Crave (Fallen Angels, Book 2) yet:
- MATTHIAS will be in future books (and she says nothing is a coincidence).
and here’s a super funny moment when J.R. Ward reveals something that Jessica Andersen seemed to have misunderstood, in her book:
[J R Ward] AND THEN SHE SAYS OH, ONE MORE THING…
[J R Ward] YOU HAVE THE BEST TYPO
[J R Ward] EVER
[J R Ward] I WINCED AND SAID, HIT ME
Jessica Andersen] I SOOO WANTED TO BRING THIS UP!
[J R Ward] AND SHE SAID, ITS THE ONE WHERE YOU SAY FOR ALL OF HIS LIFE, VISHOUS HAD BEEN F&%$@#G HIS PANTS
[J R Ward] LOLOLOLOL
[J R Ward] ITS SUPPOSED TO READ
[J R Ward] THAT HE’D BEEN DOING IT WITH HIS PANTS ON…….
[J R Ward] (BEFORE HE MET JANE OF COURSE)
[Jessica Andersen] I KEEP GETTING THIS *IMAGE* IN MY HEAD!
[J R Ward] MAN A SET OF LEATHERS NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD
LOL! So I bet you wished you didn’t miss this chat, now huh?
While I did list the *good* tidbits, the all-out hilarious antics of this crew made the chat that much more fun. As soon as the whole chat transcript is posted, I’ll link it right here for you to read in it’s entirety.
In the meantime, for those who are not familiar with the series yet – whatareya waitin’ for!!?? Here is the link to the reading order guide:
J.R. Ward – The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series Reading Order:
THANKS!!! I missed the chat but LOVE her BDB series and also love Jessica A.’s series.
It was fun reading your summary and reactions to the chat!
LOL! Now if only I had video’d my reactions…lots of giggling and blushing cause they had some serious fun on that chat! LOTS of innuendos 😉
OOOOOOO I cant wait……the little piece of info above has me worried I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE Butch and V and Im worried,,I dont think Ill be able to handle Butch crying….UGH!!! mind is spinning,,,well it will be here before we know it…coarse we do have “SHADOWFEVER” release date to help keep our minds off march lol ….OH no dont think Ive been cured of the FEVER Mac and Barrons are still a big piece of my insanity…ANYWHO…..
I read Midnight Awakening,,,,and I love Tegan….he was all the fine qualities I love in man,,,Hardcore jerk, (with his wonderful tender moments)talk dark and scary,,,,i mean sexy..lol I love when those big bad a** ill never love again blah blah type shells start cracking,,,I felt bad for Sterling, but I believe his HEA is in the near future…so I havent started anything new ,,,I still have kiss of a demon king..just hadnt started it yet,,,trying to hold out for the weekend so ill have something to do while im at work..lol well I guess thats all I really have,,sorry im so scattered brain this morning,,,im kind of overwhelmed with all the info I missed and catching up all at once..
well as always,,,
Thanks for sharing…
Jen? We need to meet. Another Butch/V lover and a Barrons lover to boot? Oy.
I have not read the others you guys are talking about.
Again I will post this ALL over the net if I have too but
If a chosen ends up in my Quhay sandwich I’m gonna be pissed.
LOL!! “Quay sandwich”? (thats funny) I like Quinn and Blay quite a bit,,myself,,,As soon as i finished “Lover Mine” I have been waiting for this book,,,I had a feeling it was going to be Payne’s book,,,but I had a different “lover” in mind,,,the doc was bit of a surprize to me..As soon as I finished “Crave” and got a preview of “Lover Unleashed” anxiety went into overdrive…now im on meds to keep the ‘bdb” at bay…lol just sayin thats all…
LOL!! You guys crack me up! 🙂
Ahh! We try! lol….
I cant believe Lily hasnt met any of the Midnight Breed ….there the next best thing to the “Brothers”
Lily….you must meet Lucan, Dante, and Tegan,(heart pounding) unfortunately those are the only ones Ive become aquainted with,,but I look foward to spending time with the rest..lets see.. Theres Rio, and Niko, and a few others…sheesh,,,Im such a vampire slut…
Ya know…i think she’s read the first one (Lucan’s) but then she quit!! Grrrrr!! I have no clue why, cause Lucan rocked and I just wanted to know more..then Tegan – WOW – kinda like another more subtle version of “Z” *sigh*
Ok ladies I will get back with the Breed – I have a couple of the novels but the problem was I kept getting them out of order. I will settle down and get it done. Soon.
If they are the next best thing to the BDB it’s got to be good. Ok ya’ll win.
Thank you so much for the cliffnotes of this chat. I had no idea that there was a chat going to happen, and now I’m a sad panda that I had missed such a rare opportunity to meet the WARDen. (She hasn’t been to my stretch of the woods in Canada.. yet.)
I have read ALL of the Midnight Breed and I have to agree. They are ALL very nice. Lucan, Dante, Rio, Tegan, Kade, Andreas and Brock (and all of their Breedmates of course) have treated me VEEEERY nicely 😀 I even got my husband into reading both the Midnight Breeds as well as BDB! (He says his favorite Brother is Butch)
I bought Crave as well as the latest Breed book on my trip to Edmonton this past month, and I can’t WAIT to crack into Crave now!!
Thanks again for all the updates!
I LOVE that your husband got into BDB!! Butch is pretty cool… hehe
Who knew reading could be sooo much fun!! I never read, hated it actually, then someone told me to read Twilight and I liked it, then they said you HAVE to read JR Ward… I havent stopped! BlackDaggerHood is AMAZING!!! for someone who never read and has read over 70 books since last April, paranormal love stories thinks JR Ward is amazing! I have read this series twice and started them again, just waiting for March 29th! I cannot believe how many series are out there similar to these…. thank you!
Rudayna…do you have a favorite brother?
Ok I know nobody asked me, but I have to chime in and say my fave brother is v 😉 love him! Maybe we should rate r fave brothers?
V is a big favorite!! My second, actually (on par with Wrath for me). Mine of course, as I keep drilling into everyone’s head, is Z.
z is my absolute favorite! I loved his story so much! Rhage and V was a tie for second.. I really hope she writes a book for qhuinn and blay! I am rooting for them to be together! My heart broke for blay
I believe she will be writing their story as a novella. Love them. I hope it’s a long novella 😉
I know this is waaaay behind, BUT ANOTHER ‘Z’ FAN?! life is amazing! 🙂
wrath and V are tied for second.
But i LOVED the midnight stories aswell!
Hey Estherr! V and Wrath are also tied at second for me! Actually Phury was for the longest time, until I got to his book… then, not so much. Hehe!