In celebration of the upcoming release “The King: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood“, I thought we could “play” in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series a bit.
Below, I discuss (er… more like *squee* over ) each of the first seven books in the series, I posted links to my reviews, AND added links to pictures of how I envision each character. 😀 Now, I’d love to know who YOU guys “see”.
PLUS… I have a special treat coming on Tuesday for us Black Dagger Brotherhood fans (*eeeeeeep* I feel like fainting every time I think of it!!)!
Yes… I know our crew is more “contemporary/bad-boy/dark-read romance-centric these day, but let me tell you… —> It’s The Black Dagger Brotherhood guys that set the “bad-boy/bad-ass” standard for me. Them, and them alone. These are the REAL book-bad-asses.
The vampire thing is just a plus (a MEGA-plus), I promise you. Even today, now that I’ve settled down in my vampire-craze (and have been choosing human males over paranormal males), I’d totally re-read these and I WOULD WANT the “vampire” angle, ’cause it’s SOOOOOOOO intense and sooooooo good, and makes these guys that much awesomer. <— I know… I know. Not a word. *giggle*
Vampire or not, these guys are SO for us. Right up our alley, and so very human, even in their supernatural state. You’ll see. You’ll alllll see.
- You like bad-ass biker types? THEM.
- You like brooding, angry, scarred & tortured heroes? THEM.
- You like leather-clad rock star-like hotties? THEM.
- You like SUPER-alphas that protect the sh!t out of their women? THEM!!!! (YEP!!!! See what they made me do? They turn me into a potty-mouth). Speaking of potty mouth…
- You like dirty dirty-mouthed males? THEM!
- You like invincible, infuriating alpha-jerks? THEM! (oh they’ll make you mad, and you’ll love very moment of it!) THEM!
- You like men that might make you cry (in good and bad ways)? THEM!
Amy: I’m *really* trusting you here, Maryse. I just bought the entire BDB series. The. Entire. Series. Even the ones not on sale. And you *know* how many books I already have. I would say I need a Grape Excess martini (so fitting!), but I’m pretty sure I have more self-control issues than what a martini can fix.
Maryse: Amy Amy Amy… Just wait until you get to Z. OMG (my FAVORITE – and his twin Phury < — *swoooooon*… for awhile they were neck ‘n neck… Z is the “bad” twin and Phury is the “good” twin but just you wait!!!!!!!) You will LOVE!