It’s my birthday today! 😀 And on a Friday, of all days! *squeeee!!* That means I can pretty much shirk my responsibilities, right? Sometimes I wonder if I should scowl at my birthday ’cause, you know… *whipsers* the “getting older” thing. But my husband always makes my birthdays so fun and he’s soooo sweet the whole day, so it’s my favorite. And since it’s Friday… I’m making it my birthday weekend.
*glances at husband*. <— Poor him. *snort* 😛
Yep. So I’ll give him a hint right here. I’m hoping to eat lots of cake, drink sugary dessert-drinks (Amy… any recommendations?), and!! Indulge in books all day with no husband-eye-rolling as I tell him about the stories. I want him to be completely entertained by my *snorts* and occasional tears, and he must be (or at least act as if) he is loving the scenes I tell him about. Yes. He must humor me. Alllll weekend. LOL!!! I’m feeling bratty.
In fact, I’ve just pulled off of my MAIN TBR list that I’m already wanting to tell him all about. Yep! I’ve been a good girl sticking with it (on and off as I sample some new recommendations that come my way), but so far, it’s been good to me!
Which one is it? You guys are gonna be shocked that I haven’t read it yet. I’m almost ashamed to admit it, considering:
1.) How much I LOVE this author and pretty much can’t go wrong with any of her books. Yes… of course some are better than others (I do have my favorites in her HUGE repertoire), but really, she just rocks my world.
2.) I absolutely LOVE every book in this series so far, and one of my #1 heroes in the book-world comes right out of this series. How I managed to skip over this book? I have no clue.
3.) He’s a total no-nonsense alpha male (but of course!!!) AND AND!!! He’s a cop (<—- *swooooon* YAY ME!!), and she’s a shy woman that has been pining over him for years. YEARS I tell you!!!!! And he’s kind of mean to her. A lot. <— YAY ME again!! This book (so far) is just perfect for me.
Can you guess which one it is? 😉
Maryse: Just started “Breathe (Colorado Mountain Book 4)” by Kristen Ashley and *gasp!* Chase is almost worse than Tate in his jerkish ways!!! The stuff he tells her. Gah! So meeeeeean. She’s got her work cut out for her. Yay me!!! 😀
Sarah: I’m making my way through CM also! Been on a KA kick (first time reader). In the past 2 weeks, I’ve read all four Dream Man, 3 Unfinished Heroes, 8 Rock Chicks, 2 Chaos, finished The Gamble yesterday and am now on Sweet Dreams And I agree with you about Tate. Gonna have to work to turn me on him
Paula: It’s sooooo good! I love Faye.
Sarah Theisen Oh, I’m so jealous that you’re back in KA land! I wanna be there too!!!
Erin: OMG!!! Enjoy! This is a good one.
Sarah: Oh Sarah you will end up loving Tate!! He redeems himself. And Maryse, You know that you’ll end up loving Chase. KA knows what she’s doing!
Tiffany: Oh love this one too!! When it comes to KA you can’t go wrong right?!!
Melissa: You are going to LOVE it!! I have read it three times.
Donna: This is a great one! You will love it! Chace is…something else!
Michaela: I just finished Lady Luck today. O M Gee!!!! Love me some Colorado Mountain Men!! Can’t wait to start Breathe!
Melanie: I know but omg Chase he will make you love him! But hey I love all KA’s alphas!
Tracie: OMG have you not read this one?! This was my first KA book ever and I FELL IN LOVE!!! Faye is the best fraking heroine ever!! I cried a few times in this one. Oh Maryse I’m so excited for you!
Maryse: I know Tracie. I am chagrined. *shakes head* I can’t even believe it, but I feel like I fell into quite the hidden-treasure that has been out in the open all this time. So I’m happy I get to indulge in some old-school KA magic.
Tracie: No doubt this is one of her best! Way to Kick off your weekend!!
But for those of you that have already read Kristen Ashley’s Colorado Mountain series, or are looking for something else (or a bunch of “something elses”) to read, here is today’s Friday bargain finds and reader recommendations!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Changing Course (Wrecked and Ruined Book 1) by Aly Martinez <— I. LOVED. THIS. BOOK!!!!!! Just take a look at my review. 😀 It’s a one-clicker for sure! These also reminded me a bit of Kristen Ashley books. The *feel* but certainly have their own voice. Just plain awesome! And AND!!!!
- Stolen Course (Wrecked and Ruined Book 2) by Aly Martinez <— book #2 is on sale today TOO!!!! I loved it also (there is a scene in it that gave me goosebumps). GAH!! —> my review. AND AND!!! The reason both books in this series are on sale today is ’cause Aly just announced who the 3rd book will be about. BRACE YOURSELVES!! —>
- Among The Echoes by Aly Martinez <— Oh! And fellow reader Lauren just told us: “Among the Echoes by Aly Martinez, which is a new release, will introduce you to the hero of book 3 of her Wrecked & Ruined series….LEO….and there is a chapter of book 3 @ the end. Love me some Leo!!!!” YAY for the inside “Aly Martinez” scoop!!! 😀
- Neurotica by Eliza Gordon <— Recently released! From the blurb she sounds like a “hermit”. Doesn’t want to have anything to do with men… hides behind her keyboard. I’m not sure where it goes from there…
- Substitute Boyfriend by Jade C. Jamison <— JUST RELEASED! Short novella (just a bout 100 pages) and sounds fun. She’s a writer with a “friends with benefits” that she really likes. “She’d like for Ridley to commit to be her permanent and real boyfriend, and she thinks that’s where they’re headed until she finds him getting way too cozy with another woman in a bar. At that point, she enlists the help of her friend, fellow college instructor Roman Decker, who offers to temporarily take Ridley’s place while she sorts through her emotions. She grows confused when she realizes she’s also attracted to Roman…“
- UNMASKED: Volume 3 by Cassia Leo <— JUST RELEASED!!! And it’s the conclusion to the trilogy (listed right below) so I can’t read the blurb… 😉
- UNMASKED: Volume 1 by Cassia Leo <— Here’s book #1. OOOOOH YES!! I remember this blurb. I think she’s disfigured (childhood issues)… and then: “I moved out and now I hide. I have a night job that pays the bills. Every night, I put on my mask and walk to work. Then one night, I hear and see something that will change my purpose in life… forever: a murder that will bring him to me. He says he wants to protect me. And, through a series of events I can’t fully make sense of, I find myself believing him. But our nightly visits are always cloaked in darkness. I don’t know his face and he will never know mine. I was born into this world unwanted. I will leave this world unmasked.” Oh yah this sounds right up my alley and even better, the series is now complete!!! YAY US!!!! 😀
- UNMASKED: Volume 2 by Cassia Leo <— Here’s book #2 LOTS of great reviews, too!!
- Beg Me To Slay (Entangled Covet) by Lisa Kessler <— it’s a paranormal and looks pretty good! “The relationship is supposed to be strictly business, but fighting demons together stirs up emotions they never expected. Turns out demon slaying is a breeze compared to facing their scarred pasts and even worse – hearts.“
- Worth the Fight (MMA Fighter Series Book 1) by Vi Keeland <— MMA FIGHTER ALERT!! (here’s my book review).
- Somebody’s Angel (Rescue Me Saga #4) by Kallypso Masters <— BDSM MASTER ALERT!! 😉 “When Marc d’Alessio first rescued the curvaceous and spirited Italian Angelina Giardano at the Masters at Arms Club, he never expected her to turn his safe, controlled life upside down and pull at his long-broken heartstrings. Months later, the intense fire of their attraction still rages, but something holds him back from committing to her completely…“
- Captured: Warriors of Hir, Book 1 by Willow Danes <— Recently released!! ALIEN claiming his human mate alert!! 😉 She runs out of her North Carolina cabin to investigate the crash… and finds HIM. “After years spent searching for a compatible mate to bond with, an enemy attack lands him on a backward, primitive planet and right to the very female he has been seeking. And a Hir warrior’s first task in claiming a mate is to capture her . . .” Not our usual read, but sure. Why not. 😉 Sounds like it could be fun!
- Mister Black: A Billionaire SEAL Story, Part 1 (In the Shadows) by P.T. Michelle <— Oh here’s a “new-to-me” one! “We all have someone who crossed our path and fundamentally changed us. That one person who blew through our lives, their presence forever stamped on our psyche. They linger in our thoughts, in our hearts, and in the decisions we make. A soul crusher or a dream maker, depending on the perspective. My person is Mister Black…”
- Landslide by NJ Cole <— Stephanie found us this one! A senator and the girl he wants… “On the night of his thirty-fifth birthday, Max finds a goddess waiting for him in his hotel room. She is beautiful, sexy, and very willing, yet the fruit she offers is very forbidden. Not only is she barely legal at nineteen, but she also happens to be the daughter of his best friend and political advisor. Mackenzie Wade has had a crush on the senator for years. When an overheard phone call affords her the opportunity she needs to make her fantasies a reality, Kenzie jumps at the chance, offering herself as a birthday gift…“
- Separation Anxiety by Lisa Suzanne <— Aimee found us this one saying: “someone recommended this one back in July…been watching for price reduction and HERE it IS.” Oh it DOES sound good! Great blurb! “We all get one true love in our lives, and it’s up to us to find it. Fate will act and try to push us together, but ultimately it’s up to us to recognize who that one person is when he’s standing in front of us. It turns out that I recognized who my one person was when I was separated from my husband.” So, to help out, her “player” colleague from work tells her she can crash at his place and she begins to suspect that he’s her “true love”. Except… “If only my husband would stop getting in the way of the man with whom I was meant to be.”
- Side Effects by Lisa Suzanne <— Recently released!! And this one sounds good too. She doesn’t do “serious” because she’s been traumatized by a man in her past (that she loved). So she has her bad boy “friends with benefits” who’s totally her type… She happy with that. “…until she meets Reed Porter, the typical pretty boy with blue eyes, blonde hair, and zero tattoos. He is the exact opposite of everything Quinn likes.“
- Being Sawyer Knight (Souls of the Knight Book 1) by Nicola Haken <— Aimee found us this one! “This was recommended by someone a while back and I have been watching over the past month or so. M/M romance.” A bit from the blurb: “He’s actually gotten pretty good at pretending… at living the lie. Until Jake Reed, his ex-best friend and the only person who’s ever made him ‘feel’, waltzes back into his life as the band’s new head of security. Jake wants Sawyer – always has, always will. Now, he just needs to get Sawyer to admit that he feels the same…“
- Breaking Alexandria by K.A Robinson <— Aimee found us this deal too! “Alexandria’s drug-dealing boyfriend, Joel, isn’t exactly the white knight she’s always dreamed of, but she can’t deny the crazy connection they have. She would do anything for him, including helping him sell drugs in order to fit perfectly into his world…” but then!! She meets a good boy…
- Unrequited: Unrequited Book #3 The Chosen Series by Alisa Mullen <— Aimee found out this one too. But I think they have to be read in order…
- Shattered: An Extreme Risk Novel by Tracy Wolff <— Aimee found us this one, too! “I have read several of Tracy Wolff’s books and LOVE everyone of them. This is the second one in the series and can be read as a stand alone. Steamy romance w/ HEAs…my fav. Definitely a writer I would recommend you check out!” Oh yes! A cancer survivor and a snowboarder that is giving up on life, after losing his parents… And then they meet.
- Crash Into Me (A Shaken Dirty Novel) by Tracy Wolff <— And here’s another by this same author: “Jamison Matthews has lusted after Ryder Montgomery since she was a preteen. But now that Ryder and her brother’s band, Shaken Dirty, has made it huge, she’s just one of many pining for the brooding lead singer. Too bad Ryder still sees her as a little sister…“
- The Rocker Who Wants Me (The Rocker… Series Book 7) by Terri Anne Browning <— RECENTLY RELEASED and this appears to be a HUGELY LOVED rock star series!!! Clare: “I just found this series and fell in love with everyone im just in the middle of book 6 cant wait for book 7 Dallas and Axton i hope it comes out soon.” Yep it’s out now, Clare!!! Teresa: “I love this series. Each book in this series has been 4.5-5 stars with book #1 being in my top 10.” Oh wow!!! I need to jump in! Jean warns: “Yes they should be read in order…. I love this series!!!” —-> Okay then! Here is the series reading order. 😀
- Indulge (Red Rebels MC Book 1) by C.D. Breadner <— JUST RELEASED/BIKER BOOK ALERT! From the blurb I got that she’s recently divorced and wondering if she’s played it too safe all her life…
- A Family Man (The Freaks MC. Book 1) by Sarah osborne <— Aimee found us this biker book, too! (He’s the MC enforcer). ” don’t recall who recommended this book but have been watching over the course of the past few months and notice it’s on sale for the next 6 days.”
- S-Duality: A Marauders Novella by Lina Andersson <— Speaking of biker books, Marauders fans, look what else just came out!
- The Keatyn Chronicles: Love Me: Book Four. by Jillian Dodd <— Aimee saying: “Attn Ladies!! All of the Keatyn Chronicle series by Jillian Dodd are on SALE. I know this has been a popular series for several of our folks…grab it while it’s hot!!” Here is the The Keatyn Chronicles Reading Order. 😀
- BEWARE by Shanora Williams<— Stephanie found us this one saying: “Love is Scary. Love is Brutal. Love is Deadly. Careful Who You Fall For. This is a story full of dishonesty. Disloyalty. Broken hearts. Pain. Suffering. Lies. Destruction. And it just might break you. You’ve been warned… ★ BEWARE by Shanora Williams ★ On SALE for limited time.“
- No In Between (Inside Out Book 4) by Lisa Renee Jones – expected release date August 19th 2014
- Filthy Beautiful Lies by Kendall Ryan – expected release date August 19th 2014
- Seducing Lauren (Love Under the Big Sky Book 2) by Kristen Proby – expected release date August 19th 2014
- Trust in Advertising by Victoria Michaels – expected release date August 19th 2014
- Flight from Hell (An Otherworld Novella) by Yasmine Galenorn – expected release date August 19th 2014
- Hard to Hold On To: A Hard Ink Novella by Laura Kaye – expected release date August 19th 2014
- Boarded by Love (Bellevue Bullies Series Book 1) by Toni Aleo – expected release date September 8th 2014
- Bang Bang by Rachel Van Dyken – expected release date September 8th 2014 (standalone Mafia romance novella!)
- Raced: (Reading Companion to the bestselling Driven Series) (The Driven Trilogy Book 4) by K. Bromberg <— expected release date September 15th 2014
- Slow Burn by K. Bromberg <— expected release date March 3rd 2015