There’s so much good stuff going on with our authors these days, from amazing sounding upcoming book releases to fun contests, to TV & movie news, to… well. Just how plain awesome they are. I love them, we love them, and I couldn’t help but compile this info into this awesome list of awesome news! (P.S. Also check out some brand spankin’ new releases, at the bottom of the list, that just went live, and a few new bargains, too 😀 )…
- Renee Carlino reveals the book cover to her upcoming release (After the Rain: A Novel <— that’s the pre-order link). It’s releasing November 11th 2014. YAY Renee! 😀 Oh WOW now check out a portion of the blurb. My heart already aches!
Under the bright arena lights of a rodeo show, young Avelina Belo falls for a handsome cowboy with a larger-than-life personality. After a whirlwind courtship, she happily moves away from her family in northern California and settles into married life with her cowboy on a seven-thousand-acre cattle ranch in Montana. One freak accident later, Avelina’s hopes for the future come to an end.
- Nalini Singh (author of GUILD HUNTER SERIES & THE PSY-CHANGELING SERIES) will be releasing a new contemporary romance ROCK STAR book in September, entitle “Rock Addiction”. This is her first foray into “indie publishing” and I simply cannot wait to read it!! 😀 Here’s what she said on her Facebook page:
I’ve written a hot contemporary romance featuring a rock star hero. It’s sexy, it’s emotional, and it’s deeply romantic.It’ll also be out in ebook & in print in about six weeks. Yes, this SEPTEMBER. For real. Promise. See, I don’t always torment you with long waits for a release!!
- Kristen Ashley just revealed her latest book cover for the next book in her “Unfinished Heroes” series. Deacon (The Unfinished Heroes Series Book 4) will be released on September 23rd 2014 (and it’s up for pre-order on Amazon). Ohhhh what a blurb!
“From the first time she sees him, Cassidy knows Deacon is dead inside. She knows he’s the kind of man who could destroy a woman. But one night when Deacon’s control slips, Cassidy takes a chance. He might break her. He also might be her dream come true.”
- Kristen Ashley also posted this sweet piece of news!! “Look at what you did, Rock chicks and Rock Gurus! Love from the Rock Chick Nation to our sisters. And not surprisingly, Thistle Farms put that goodness right to work!!!” Here is a part from the note Thistle Farms sent her:
“Kristen – we are thrilled!!! Thistle Farms just received an $11,000 check from t-shirt proceeds from you. This will go directly to help us train 5 new women, all survivors…”
- J.R. Ward NEWS! First, the next book in the The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series: The Shadows: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood is now available for pre-order on Amazon!! Second, she announced a new contemporary romance series that she’s working on. From RTBookReviews: “… about a series of wealthy Kentucky families who made it big in the bourbon industry. The first currently untitled book is set to release in late 2015.” And here’s a bit from her Facebook page:
“I’m writing book one of my new series, The Bourbon Kings, right now- and then starting Trez and iAm’s book September 1! IMMORTAL, the last of the Fallen Angels series, comes out in October so get ready for Jim’s final battles!”
- Atria Books is having a Jamie McGuire contest, to celebrate her Beautiful Oblivion: A Novel (The Maddox Brothers Series) release! And today is the last day to enter!! It’s “a chance to win limited edition hardcovers, a sweet tote bag, copies of Beautiful Oblivion for you and a friend, and/or a Trent Maddox Kept Me Up All Night postcard!” Click here for details.
- Jeaniene Frost has a ton of great news for us. First, she’s got a brand new release coming in August. Paranormal, YES! But a completely different series/storyline. The Beautiful Ashes (A Broken Destiny Novel) will be releasing August 26th, 2014!
“Adrian knows what Ivy doesn’t: that every step brings Ivy closer to the truth about her own destiny, and a war that could doom the world. Sooner or later, it will be Ivy on one side, Adrian on the other, and nothing but ashes in between….”
- Jeaniene Frost also announces her upcoming book signing tour schedule and a special Cat & Bones announcement on her blog. She says:
I decided to post a never-before-seen, deleted alternate version of the middle of Destined For An Early Grave. Because it’s so long (over 30K words!) I’m going to post it in four parts on my blog. Part One will go up this Saturday, July 26th, with the remaining three parts to release on August 2nd, August 9th and August 16th. So for the next month, there will be free reading on my blog on Saturdays. Hope you enjoy!
“For context, this alternate “middle” version starts on page 207 of the published version of Destined for an Early Grave, or 55% into the ebook, so if you want to familiarize yourself with what was going on back then, grab your copy and brush up.You’ll see some scene overlapping with only small changes at first, then the new content starts after Cat arrives at the military base.”
- Penny Reid lets us into what her guys “look like” to her. What a GREAT pic, and for anyone reading (or about to read) her awesome comedy romance series (Knitting in the City Series), this should help a TON! I loved #1 (here’s my review of Neanderthal Seeks Human), and intend on continuing. I hear they get better and better!
- S.C. Stephens’s upcoming book Thoughtful —> (Kellan Kyle’s POV from Thoughtless) is now up on Amazon. Well… sort of. 😉 Not a pre-order link just yet, but definitely “in place” for it! Expected release date, February 24th 2015. *squeeeeeeee!!!* Kellan was one of my absolute first loves, and this book remains “up there” for me in my absolute forever favorites. Like… right up there with Beautiful Disaster. Yep. I loved it HARD!!!! Check out my review of Thoughtless and my What to Read After Thoughtless list.
- Sherrilyn Kenyon’s crew links us up to a sort of… “Infinity: Chronicles of Nick” movie trailer! They warn, though that: “It’s a mock-up, pre-production trailer that functions like a storyboard for the Infinity movie that will begin filming soon. These are *not* the actual actors who will be in the movie, nor have they been cast in any DH/CON role.”
- Taylor Jenkins Reid <— one of my newest and most favorite-est authors (see my review of “After I Do” and “Forever, Interrupted“) just announced news about a show she helped create, saying: “Very proud to officially announce the show that I created with Alex Jenkins Reid (my husband!) and our dear friend, Natalia Anderson.” Here’s a bit about the show from (deadline.com):
“Series is set in the most hormonally overloaded, sexually active, out-of-control workplace in the world: a college dorm. It follows a group of resident advisors as they navigate sex, drugs, and midterms.”
- Aly Martinez (another one of my newest most favoritest 😉 authors of the Wrecked and Ruined Series) just announced that she hit “publish” early on Amazon. So now we wait. In the meantime, check out my reviews of Changing Course and Stolen Course. She said: “So this happened…..I can’t believe I just pressed publish on my 4th book (if you count Savor Me.) EEEKKK!! Among The Echoes is COMING!!!” Among the Echoes is not a part of the “Wrecked” series but I can’t wait! I’ll post it as soon as it’s live. 😀
- Tiffany Reisz (hugely popular amongst our group!) answers the frequently asked question on whether her Original Sinners Series will ever become a movie. Here’s just a tiny tidbit, but definitely click on the link for the whole shebang:
“…the reason my books are not movies are because I don’t own a movie studio, and no one who does own a movie studio has bought the film rights to any of my books yet…”
- Kylie Scott is having a “Stage Dive” T-shirt giveaway (<— click this to enter) to celebrate the release of her latest awesome rock star book Lead: A Stage Dive Novel. I just finished it this morning and will be reviewing it shortly. It was great (I’m thinking 4 stars)!
- Penelope Ward has some upcoming book news, too! She says: “How about a new book from me to come before Jake Understood? Jake is still coming back in early 2015. But first, you’ll get to meet Elec, likely in September. Add Stepbrother Dearest to your Goodreads TBR“
- K.A. Tucker is having a book (galley) giveaway (<— click that for details) for her upcoming release: Burying Water: A Novel. Ooooh you guys!! It sounds SO gooooood!! A bit from the blurb:
Left for dead in the fields of rural Oregon, a young woman defies all odds and survives—but she awakens with no idea who she is, or what happened to her. Refusing to answer to “Jane Doe” for another day, the woman renames herself “Water” for the tiny, hidden marking on her body—the only clue to her past. Taken in by old Ginny Fitzgerald, a crotchety but kind lady living on a nearby horse farm, Water slowly begins building a new life. But as she attempts to piece together the fleeting slivers of her memory, more questions emerge: Who is the next-door neighbor, quietly toiling under the hood of his Barracuda? Why won’t Ginny let him step foot on her property? And why does Water feel she recognizes him?
- CARNAGE #2: The Story Of Me by Lesley Jones <— I know MANY were very excited for book #2 after that crazy tumultuous story in book #1 (my review of Carnage #1). Well, you don’t have to wait anymore. It just went live!
- Draw (Gentry Boys #1) by Cora Brent <— Oh I like the sound of this. Bad boy (considered “white trash” triplets)… “He and his brothers were tough, lusty forces of nature I’d known since childhood. Years ago, Cord seduced me as a sick game. I’ve hated him ever since. Now here he is again, a man who beats other men bloody for money. Cord has always been heartless, dangerous, not to be trusted. And I want him so much I can’t think.“
- The Mitchell Family Series Box Set 1-4.5 by Jenn Foor <— just bundled and put on sale!
- Forbidden Fruit: Preacher’s Son (Omnibus) by Jasinda Wilder <— all three bundled!
- Indestructible (Harmony Book 3) by Angela Graham <— pre-order is up and it’s releasing on AUGUST 12th 2014!