BREAKING NEWS UPDATE (Monday November 24th 2014)!!! THREE books have just gone live today!
- Maybe Not: A Novella by Colleen Hoover (two roommates that can’t stand each other. Sounds like FUN TIMES!!) and it’s about the characters in her book Maybe Someday (here’s my review of that one: Maybe Someday)
- Yesterday’s Half Truths (Carolina Days Book 2) by Carey Heywood (take a look at this “5 Fun Facts” about the book PLUS a KINDLE GIVEAWAY!!) and
- Scenes from the City: A Knitting in the City Wintertime Surprise by Penny Reid (and here’s the Knitting in the City Series Reading Order and my review of book #1 and one of the latest books: Neanderthal Seeks Human and Beauty and the Mustache).
HAPPY RELEASE DAY to the authors! 😀
First… I want to say I am reading “Frenched” and I’m almost done. Whoooooo hooooo that book is steamy and sweet all in one! Good stuff.
Next, look at these goodies I found amongst the latest “movers and shakers” and new releases, and even one my aunt keeps telling me to read. THESE LOOK AWESOME. I mean it!! I’m struggling between wanting to start the one my aunt recommends (Last Breath), and one that I keep wanting to read and for some reason, I keep forgetting it (Draw), and a new one that sounds Ah-MAZING (Brawler). Plus, everything below, I have personally *blurb-jolted* on and I’d say they ALL look like great reads. Like that “Roomies” one…
Oh! And one of the Kindle readers (Kindle, 6″ Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi – Includes Special Offers) is on sale today!! —->
Ready? Get a load of these!
- Roomies by Lindy Zart <— I loved this author’s other standalone book (Take Care, Sara), and am very excited about the premise of this one! She’s in love with her awesome roommate…. and his brooding brother? Ruh roh…
- Saving Poughkeepsie by Debra Anastasia <— Book #3 JUST RELEASED!!
- Keep Me (Grayson Sibling Series Book 1) by Faith Andrews <— This one’s on SUPER-SALE and it looks up our alley! She’s a single mother, starting a new life, and runs into her friend’s bad-boy brother…
- Keep Her (Grayson Sibling Series Book 2) by Faith Andrews <— and there’s a book #2, too! Reviews look verrrry promising!
- Brawler by Tracey Ward <— BAD BOY BOXER alert! Another one that’s up our alley! Friends since they were young, he protected her growing up… “Now my biggest worry isn’t how to keep her safe from the world. It’s how the hell am I going to keep her safe from me?” *oooomph!!!*
- Draw (Gentry Boys#1) by Cora Brent <— How do I keep forgetting about THIS one!?? I’m dying to read it every time I read that blurb… “He and his brothers were tough, lusty forces of nature I’d known since childhood. Years ago, Cord seduced me as a sick game. I’ve hated him ever since. Now here he is again, a man who beats other men bloody for money. Cord has always been heartless, dangerous, not to be trusted. And I want him so much I can’t think.” MINE!!!
- Nashville – Boxed Set Series – Part One, Two, Three and Four (A New Adult Contemporary Romance) by Inglath Cooper <— FOUR books in this series bundled for – you guessed it!! – A SUPER-SALE price. She’s on her way to Nashville, and two football players come to her rescue on the side of the road….
- Last Breath by Michael Prescott <— My aunt just finished this one and loved it! She says it caught her attention from the very first sentence. And all week she’s been following me around saying “You should read “Last Breath”. LOL!!!! Okay so here I am, looking it up… Oooooh scary-suspense sounding!!!! “Now an LAPD cop, C.J. faces danger every day on the streets of Newton Division – “Shootin’ Newton,” the city’s roughest territory. But the greatest danger lies in C.J.’s own home, where a stranger’s eyes are watching her – a stranger who plans to finish what he started sixteen years ago …“
- Make Me Forget (It’s Kind Of Personal Book 1) by Anna Brooks <— Jenny recommends it! “All five star reviews so far!! I loved this book!” Sounds angsty! “After enduring years of manipulation and an immeasurable amount of loss, Charlotte Kelly makes one last ditch effort to change her life and try to find happiness again. She knows she’ll see him when she moves back to Wisconsin. She’s planning on it, the connection she still feels to him after all these years is undeniable. But one lie tore them apart years ago, and she’s afraid some mistakes can’t be forgiven.“
- Maybe Not: A Novella by Colleen Hoover <— RELEASING TOMORROW!!!! Or at midnight… 😉 *squeeeee!!!*
- The Rocker Who Shatters Me (The Rocker… Book 9) by Terri Anne Browning <— PRE-ORDER is up! It’s releasing December 1st!
They all look good!!
I know!!! A book for every reading-mood. 😉
Oh I have had Frenched on my tbr forever. Maybe that will turn into today’s read since you are liking it. A Sunday afternoon in Paris sounds wonderful.
I can not remember why but Draw was a DNF for me.
Okay, well then I’ll give it a go, but maybe Brawler will be my next…
It might of just been a mood. Especially since I can not remember a reason why.
I love it when the book, mood, and day all seem to match each other, lol, if that makes sense.
Frenched, so excited!
I agree with Sherry!!! So many good sounding ones! Hmmm I didn’t finish Draw either but it could have been my mood too Bev:)
Just one-clicked Perfect Chaos by Nashoda Rose. $2.99 for the first two days I think.
Onto book 4 of Kate Daniels series!!! They are so good!!! Love Ilona Andrews writing, it just sucks me in!!
Also author Joanna Wylde put this one up on her Facebook page that she loved and it sounds good! For the thrill by Nora Flite
Frenched was sooo cute, a great weekend read!!!
I still need to read the Poughkeepsie books, but I’m ascared of how sad it will make me. Yeah, I said it. A book actually scares me! Sweet guy who is homeless? Um, that right there makes my chest clench.
On a lighter note, isn’t Draw part of the series about the HOT identical triplets?? Oh man…
Yeah, those guys work for me. 😉
Love, love, love those Gentry tripets.
Oh….beware..Brawler is actually the book Knockout by the same author, just in the male POV. I believe some of us didn’t care for Knockout…the whole “keeping it in the family” thing Kellan had going on bothered us. A lot.
I loved Frenched! I just finished Indebted by Pepper Winters and I have to go right into the second book. I need to see where this is going. These dark reads intrigue me!
Amy – I haven’t read the Poughkeepsie books yet either but if they are anything like Finding Home then I will have to read them soon. I want to start the Dark Light series next though.
I read Draw and remember loving it. Sorry to disagree Bev. I always feel so bad when I disagree. So I’m doing it with a hug. (Huggzz)
Draw pulled at my heartstrings. It’s about a set of triplets. Boys. Who have, against all odds, pulled themselves out of a horrible childhood and are fighting every day to be better men than their family roots designed them to be. Her background is much better on the surface but far from great. She’s had to work hard to better herself and reach her life goals. She finds herself in one of those horrible life situations and in trying to correct the path her life is taking she accidently runs into one of the twins. They have bad feelings between them from an old incident back in their teen years. No trust and plenty of hearsay about each other. But there’s a pull between them now. Can they overcome the many secrets between them and their shared history?
I can’t wait to read more about these brothers!
Yeah Laura, these are the Gentry brothers. I live them too. Three brooding, dangerous alphas with secrets to spare and looks to blind girls to them. 🙂
I read Draw as well and liked it…not loved but enough that I bought Risk the second book about the next triplet. The last book just came out too, Game.
Picked up Poughkeepsie on sale and want to finally read that series as well.
Roomies was a 1-click for me – love love Lindy Zart anything!
Marse i just had field day 1- clicking all the above books including all the recommendations from our fellow readers.
I like the cover for Roomies. Sometimes I like the bright cute covers.
Fabi, your so nice. I’m glad that you disagree. One because it makes me more comfortable voicing a dissenting opinion. Also, not that me saying no to a book means that much but I don’t want to turn someone off of a book that could be a great read for them.
Well great! That means I have a 50/50 chance of loving it. 😉 I love you guys!!!
Very cool find Amy!!! I like ’em!
Frenched was a DNF for me a while back. Another one I need to revisit??
Im at about a 4 star level with it, and im at 85%.
Good writing, good emotion. It’s nthing surprising or anything, a typical sweet-sexy contemporary romance, but I like it.
Awww, I am feeling the love around here tonight. I want in on it! Any of y’all call me creepy and you’re gonna get the stinkeye. 😛
*snuggles into Bev and Fabi*
Hey, where are you going Maryse?!? Get your behind back here and join the snugglefest!
Tracy, Light Shadows is next for me! 😀
Amy, you’ve read the first two already? I might start Dark Light after my current read. It really sounds good and been on my tbr for a while.
I love snuggling!!!!
*nestles into the puppy pile*
Awww puppie pile, what a cute way to describe it
I loved Frenched! Read Poughkeepsie when it was Twilight fan fiction. It was good. I like the sound of Roomies – can’t wait to hear if anyone has read it yet. Reading Captivated By You right now.
Fabi – I loved the Dark Light series. He is a bit like Ryder from Fae Chronicles, and King from the King Trilogy, who was also a bit like Barrons from Fever… so he is MY KIND OF GUY. I think you’ll like it.
Awesome. I’m reading Found in the Kindred Brides series right now and will have to read Maybe Now tomorrow but after that I’m going to try Dark Light.
It feels good to be getting a few off my tbr.
Yep Fabi, I’ve read the first two Dark Light books and the novella Nikolai (which you don’t want to skip). I know I’ve said it several times before but that second book was a freaking gut twister and heart pulverizer for me!! And Dorian is soooo deliciously naughty. 😉
I stayed up way too late reading First Debt. I kept waiting to get sleepy but nope! This series has totally sucked me in. I’m almost done so then it’s onto Dark Light!
Oh no Amy! Now I’m scared of reading it.
Don’t worry, Fabi, I’ll be here for ya with the manatee. We can even get another “puppy pile” going…gotta love Maryse for using that adorable term!
I’m with MichelleS in thinking you will like the Dark Light series. 😉
I’m so enjoying this book so. Just makes me want to go to Paris.
Always so nervous when trying to post a link, lol.
OMG Bev, that’s the cutest thing ever!!! 😀
I’m still loving the Nordic Lords MC Club series. I went back to book one where it all started. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think this may be one of the best yet…. right up there with Sheehan, Wylde, Ashley, Jewel…. it’s just so real. The dialogue works. It’s not over the top. Just enough of everything. Really likable characters. People who love each other but are torn apart by all the dealings of others, and how they find their way back to each other. Love it….
*sniff* so I’m finished all the mercy Thompson books *sniff* someone tell me she will write more?! It was sooooo good 5* for them all I think I need to read the omega ones now? Are they sort of a spin off?
Laura, The Alpha and Omega series is Charles story. And has more romance,I think. Well of what I read so far. So not sure how it is sold in the UK, but I believe here Cry Wolf is sold as first book, but there is a novella that is really the first book and must be read first. I read both of these in pb, the novella part of a anthology. On US kindle I believe it is marketed as Alpha&Omega: A Companion novella to Cry Wolf.
Oh score I typed in the Nordic Lords MC and I have the first book already. I love when that happens!
Laura the novella can also be found in the On The Prowl bundle available for kindle. I went this route when I started the Alpha and Omega series since it had another of my favorite series, the Monere series by Sunny, included in the anthology.
Michelle – wait til you get to book two of Nordic Lords MC – the story of Ryker and Faith – OMG – can’t put it down. I don’t think I have ever read an MC Club series back to back like this. I actually put down Light Shadows (Dark Light Book 3) to read this series. I was just “in the mood” for an alpha MC dude I guess.