Wow… I have NO clue what I’m picking next. And it’s gotta be a good one ’cause I wanna record my weekly reaction video. 😉 Tee hee! I’m always so embarrassed, but it’s fun, ’cause it’s exactly how I am. I did end up reading a latest release from this week’s list (from one of my favorite authors) and while it had her signature super-unique, detailed steam that never fails to blow my mind… I was left a little indifferent towards the story as a whole. *sigh*. I’ll review it today.
But in the meantime, I need something to excite and titillate me. Help! HELP!!! LOL!!
Might be from this list below. I know a bunch in our crew will buddy-reading one that’s featured down there, Vanguard (Bronze Horseman feel, so I’ve been told!!). Plus there’s a few HIGHLY anticipated brand new releases from our fav authors that were released over the last couple of days, like that one up there to the left (Targeted), and the gritty biker sequel to “Nine Minutes” (below – Out of Time). Or, maybe that psych-thriller mystery looking one, Relinquished (mysterious brothers that help a girl sort of living on the street). Or maybe the twin brothers in love with the one girl (and some marriage arrangement?!). Or the *oomphy* one when she realizes she just let it all out – and I mean ALL OUT – to her new boss’s son (Truth & Temptation, or maybe the hot guy in the man-auction that asks his girl best friend to bid on him so he doesn’t have to “date” anyone (but thing is… she likes him!! YIKES! Bidding on Brooks). Or maybe the blind, angry hero (RUSH). Or OR!!!! Some Boys (the bullied girl that is becoming close to… the bad-guy’s best friend)!
*gasp* What do I choose??!
OR!! My next might be from my latest TBR list. Or… maybe something from your comments? Let me know… I’m all ears.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Out of Time (Nine Minutes Book 2) by Beth Flynn <— JUST RELEASED/CLIFFHANGER RELIEF? Biker lovers rejoice!!! It’s finally out!
- Targeted (Brides of the Kindred Book 15) by Evangeline Anderson <— HUGELY POPULAR SCI-FI EROTICA!!
- Relinquished by K.A. Hunter <— JUST RELEASED & SOUNDS NEW-ADULT THRILLER-LIKE! Just released from the foster system and struggling for her daily survival, she meets brothers and feels protected… “But can these mysterious brothers keep her safe from the dark monsters that lie in wait, ready for their final revenge? And how in the hell does older brother Dante know so much about her anyway? Unbeknownst to her, things have been set in motion ever since she was ripped from her mother’s womb and, as each jagged piece of her life unfolds, she will begin to wonder, who’s really in charge of her fate?“
- Truth & Temptation (Summer Love Book 3) by Riley Edgewood <— JUST RELEASED BLURB *OOMPH* ALERT – THE SON OF HER NEW BOSS!!! It’s a standalone. She’s got a bad reputation but hides a ton of hurt. And then she runs into the sexiest guy she’s ever met and she has a sexy one night but “…before the night is out, he strips her of way more than she means to reveal—without removing of a single piece of clothing. That comes, too, of course. He’s gotten under her skin like nobody before him, and what’s the harm in one night with a sexy stranger? Exposed or not, she never has to see him again. Except she does. On Monday morning, they come face-to-face. He’s the son of her new CEO—and he threatens to bring her entire world crashing down, making her face every lie she’s ever told.”
- Obsession and Surrender (The Billionaire’s Temptation Book 7) by Cali MacKay <— JUST RELEASED & can be read as a standalone! Second chance romance? She has a stalker and… “Keane’s offering her his protection, and feeling cornered, she takes it. Stuck living with him for the foreseeable future, it’s hard to deny the chemistry that still exists between them…”
- Devil’s Blood: (Royal Blood #3) by Amity Cross <— JUST RELEASED!!!
- Vanni: A Prequel (Groupie Book 4) by Ginger Voight <— JUST RELEASED!! A ROCK STAR PREQUEL to a super angsty rock-star series that so many of us loved a couple of years ago!! (here’s my review of book #1 – “Groupie” to give you an idea). And MJ recommends it saying: “I know you realize Vanni is being released on Friday and I just want to say that your love for Giovanni Carnevale will increase ten-fold with this book. Ginger Voight has written a true gem.”
- Promise My Love (Love in Bloom: The Bradens): Wedding Novella by Melissa Foster <— JUST RELEASED!!
- One Last Sunset (The Long Ranch Series Book 1) by Michel Prince <— JUST RELEASED Ex-rodeo bad-boy and a girl that has changed…
- Trust Honor Love (Blind Vows Book 1) by J.M. Witt <— JUST RELEASED! Twin brothers and one woman… and a marriage arrangement that one is unhappy about…
- Scandalous Lies: An addictive, sexy beach read by Nigel May <— JUST RELEASED and sounds like fun/tumultuous Hollywood drama!
- The Billionaire Boyfriend Dilemma: A Kavanagh Family Novel by Kendra Little <— JUST RELEASED – THERE’S HOPE UNTIL A PHONE CALLS SHATTERS HIM!! He’s the black sheep of this rich family and just got out of prison… “When Damon “the demon” Kavanagh gets out of jail, he wants nothing to do with his family. That is, until Becky Denny comes along and gets him agreeing to do something he vowed not to—see his parents again. Falling head over heels in love with a grown-up Becky has got him reassessing his life and his values, and given him hope. Until it all unravels in one morning, with one phone call that leaves him shattered.” <— WHOA. WHAT HAPPENED???!
- Bad Son Rising by Julie A. Richman <— Lauren found us this one! “Bad Son Rising by Julie A. Richman. AND….a special bonus book included, Searching For Moore (ahhhh, Schooner Moore…LOVE HIM!!). Bad Son Rising is actually about the son of Schooner Moore.”
- Vanguard by CJ Markusfeld <— BRONZE HORSEMAN FEEL ALERT!! Recently released and getting the attention of many in our crew when Anne announced it as having Bronze Horseman feel but, contemporary! Now we’re starting a buddy-read over it! “She embarks on a mission like no other before. Unless Sophie can find him, their long-delayed chance at love will be lost forever. With the world’s security forces deadlocked and the camp’s commander seeking vengeance, Sophie is on her own. She must bargain for the life of the man she loves – and everyone else in the camp – before the commander destroys them all.“
- The Dark Light of Day by T.M. Frazier <— GRITTY & RAW ALERT!! rock bottom price on this great gritty read! (here’s my review)
- Bidding on Brooks: The Winslow Brothers #1 (The Blueberry Lane Series Book 7) by Katy Regnery <— MAN- AUCTION & MUCH LOVED AUTHOR BY OUR CREW ALERT!! and a recent releases is at a rock bottom price! Oh fun! A MAN auction!! “Railroaded into a bachelor auction by his sister, Jessica, Brooks Winslow asks his friend, Skye Sorenson, to bid on him to avoid the possibility of any romantic entanglements.” Things is… she has a crush on him…
- RUSH (City Lights: New York City Book 3) by Emma Scott <— JILLIAN GIVES IT 5 STARS ALERT (the hero is blind)!! Jillian says: “Rush by Emma Scott is a must read!! Perfectly written and paced. Angry, bitter blind man and his personal assistant, a violinist who has been through heartache herself, struggle to accept their fates and ultimately their love for one another. I know it sounds depressing. But it’s real and beautiful and unique. Five plus stars! It is a stand alone. No worries! 🙂 “
- Some Boys by Patty Blount <— HER BULLY’S BEST FRIEND ALERT!! Er… well worse than a bully actually. Not really bargain priced but it just sounds AWESOME. Nobody believes that she was raped by the popular kid in her school… and okay… I gotta use the whole blurb it’s too good. “When Grace meets Ian, she’s afraid. Afraid he’ll reject her like the rest of the school, like her own family. After she accuses Zac, the town golden boy, of rape, everyone turns against her. Ian wouldn’t be the first to call her a slut and a liar.Except Ian doesn’t reject her. He’s the one person who looks past the taunts and the names and the tough-girl act to see the real Grace. He’s the one who gives her the courage to fight back. He’s also Zac’s best friend.“
- Love Hurts (Caged Love Book 1) by Mandi Beck <— MMA FIGHTER ALERT!! Lauren recommends this one BIG TIME!! “Love Hurts by Mandi Beck is a MUST READ!!! The reviews are excellent….I absolutely loved it & reread it all the time.“
- The Brush of Black Wings by Grace Draven <— bev found us this one!! “I hadn’t realized A Brush of Black Wings by Grace Draven was out. Happy claps for me.”
- All About You (Love & Hate series #1): romantic suspense new adult and bad boy college romance by Joanna Mazurkiewicz <— FROM THE BULLY LIST and it’s a Lauren recommendation BIG TIME! “The Love & Hate series….one of my favorites. I just recommended this series a few weeks ago to someone who posted on Maryse’s FB, asking for a good YA series. I told her not to curse me at the end of book 1…..DAMN….that was BRUTAL!!!”
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie). Okay so MY Matchmaker shows these books in my library with audiobooks that are awesome sounding for super cheap if you already have the ebook:
- Backstage Pass: Sinners on Tour Series, Book 1 by Olivia Cunning <— SUPER-STEAMY ROCK STAR BOOK! And it’s bargain priced if you already have the ebook, which many of us do, ’cause we got it free way back when, remember?? YAY!!!
- The Good Girl by Mary Kubica <— And Lisa recommends THIS one as an audiobook! “Today the good girl kindle is …way cheaper than usual. Although I would highly recommend this book as an audible, it has several great narrators, I still would suggest the book. One of my favorites of the year with a twist at the end. I highly recommend – Loved!!!”
PRE-ORDERS (next week’s!!)
- Bound By Temptation (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles Book 4) by Cora Reilly – July 27th
- Just One Lie (Just One Night series Book 2) by Kyra Davis – July 28th 2015
- Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy – July 28th 2015
- The Bourbon Kings by J.R. Ward – expected release date July 28th 2015
- Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy – July 28th 2015
- Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements) by Jennifer L. Armentrout – expected release date July 28th 2015
- Servicing the Target (Masters of the Shadowlands Book 10) – expected release date July 28th 2015
- Racing the Sun: A Novel by Karina Halle – expected release date July 28th 2015
- Servicing the Target (Masters of the Shadowlands Book 10) by Cherise Sinclair – expected release date July 28th 2015
- Wicked Fall (The Wicked Horse Series Book 1) by Sawyer Bennett – July 28th 2015
- Crossroads by Riley Hart – July 28th 2015 <— Nicole found us this one! “…also on my preordered list for next week is Crossroads by Riley Hart which comes out on the 28th as well. M/M but sound so super good. Next week is going to be a great reading week I can feel it!!! “
- Bound to Darkness: A Midnight Breed Novel (The Midnight Breed Series Book 13) by Lara Adrian – July 30th 2015
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).