Okay okay… really it’s usually called “Friday Finds” but since it’s Black Friday, I couldn’t help but *tweak* my title today. 😉 PLUS! Plussssssssss!!! I think most of these book bargains I just found us are on super-sale BECAUSE it’s part of the Black Friday Deals, so it fits, right? 😀 SATURDAY UPDATE: Two more books just went live today that sound great so I added ’em below. 😀
P.S. These are still on “Black Friday” sale (I just checked… so far still going):
- Fire, 7″ Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB – Includes Special Offers, Black <— That new super-priced Kindle Fire that just came out a few months ago? You should see the price right now. *gasp*
- Amazon Fire TV Stick <— I have this and I LOVE it. Here’s the Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote, too. SUPER SALE on these and so worth it (I paid full price and it’s worth it).
- Amazon Echo <— This sounds like the coolest “home tool” ever. It plays all of your audio stuff, it puts stuff on your grocery list, you tell it what to do with your voice and it does it. You know… within reason. It doesn’t have arms or legs so… 😛 .
- Kindle, 6″ Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi – Includes Special Offers <— Regular Kindle but bargain-priced!!
- Kindle for Kids Bundle with the latest Kindle, 2-Year Accident Protection, Kid-Friendly Blue Cover <— Kindle for kids?! Very cool… Black-Friday priced! You can set reading goals for practice and it helps with difficult words, and flashcard practicing AND is just for reading…
- All-New Kindle Paperwhite, 6″ High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi – Includes Special Offers <— Back on sale!!
- BOSE HEADPHONES <— Two sets both at an awesome price!
What am I reading? Easy! I’m reading book #2 (Give Me Your Answer True) in a super-angsty love story series that I am SO into. Of course, book #1 is not a cliffhanger or anything, but book #2 gives us so much more perspective and detail and makes this love story beautifully complete. Well I think, anyway. So far so good, and many tell me #2 is even better than #1! YAY ME!! If you missed it, here is my review of #1: Book Review – The Man I Love by Suanne Laqueur
P.S. For those that want to see all of the deals (book related or not, as they update hour to hour, here they are —> ALL the Amazon BLACK FRIDAY DEALS) and for those that want to see my separate “Black Friday Finds” post, here it is —> Black Friday Bookish Deals and Cool Bookish Gifts Finds + a $20 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway!!
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Tempting (The Tempting Series Book 1) by Alex Lucian <— STUDENT-TEACHER ROMANCE ALERT & Angie is IN LOVE WITH THIS ONE! “I wanted to recommend a book to you. …this is the BEST student/teacher I’ve read since Gabriel’s Inferno. It is out of this world. I was going crazy over it the other day. The writing is SO GOOD. And it’s unbelievable realistic. The characters are just so authentic and real. It’s also extremely hot. LOLOL. Like WHOA on the heat scale. It has so much heart this book. SO MUCH heart. I fell madly, deeply in love.” PLUS!!! It’s on super-bargain right now.
- The Fall (The Reluctant Romantics Book 1) <— SATURDAY UPDATE! This one just went LIVE!
- The Girl’s Got Secrets (Forbidden Men Book 7) by Linda Kage <— SATURDAY UPDATE! JUST WENT LIVE!! (She fakes being a guy to get into a band, but *whoops* falls for the singer…)
- Forgotten (Brides of the Kindred Book 16) by Evangeline Anderson <— JUST RELEASED & HIS “BEAST” NO LONGER ACKNOWLEDGES HER AS HIS MATE!!! OH I LOVE THE SOUND OF THIS ONE! She’s human (I think) and he’s human-ish. 😉 I think, in this series, they are aliens and… “…the Wulven carry a Beast inside them that will kill anyone unlucky enough to be near when it emerges. Only a female who has tamed a male Wulven’s Beast is immune from this danger. Rone once had such a mate—before she was snatched away. For months he’s been searching for his missing bride but when he finally locates Kate, he finds that she has forgotten him completely. Not only that, but his mere presence engenders a panic response in the woman who once loved him.” <— OH NO!!! YES!! 😀
- Tease (Kings of Korruption MC Book 2) by Geri Glenn <— JUST RELEASED! PEOPLE THINK HE’S A MONSTER! “I know in my heart that someday, my own prince charming will come along and appreciate me for exactly who I am – I won’t settle for anything less. Meeting Tease seems like the beginning of my fairy tale … until he opens his mouth…“
- Forget Me Not: Charity Anthology Supporting Alzheimer’s and Brain Health by Tammy Falkner, Jane Charles, Lexi Eddings, Ava Stone, Lj Charles, Caren Crane, Diane Franks, Jerrica Knight-Catania, Andris Bear, Marquita Valentine <— JUST RELEASED!! AND it sounds like such a great unique idea!! “10 artists auditioning for a shot at working with the Reed Brothers
10 skins, each with a story to tell
10 perfect tattoos so they’ll never forget
A little bit of healing
A whole lot of heart
An anthology of ten short stories by ten different authors who are donating 100% of the proceeds to benefit Alzheimer’s and brain health. Join Tammy Falkner, Jane Charles, Ava Stone, Marquita Valentine, Lexi Eddings, Lj Charles, Andris Bear, Jerrica Knight-Catania, Caren Crane and Diane Franks to help combat this terrible disease.”
- Preacher: Rapid City Stories by Dahlia West <— JUST RELEASED! BETRAYED BY HIS MC ALERT! “Two roads stretch out in front of him. One leads to the city and one deep into the black hills where no one knows him as the former President of the Badlands Buzzards…” Broken and beaten, I think he ends up at HER ranch to hideout… and he’s readying himself for revenge…
- Gloves Off Boxed Set: The Complete Series 1-7 by L.P. Dover <— JUST RELEASED MMA FIGHTERS ALERT! The entire series bundled at a bargain price!
- Nashville Nights Box Set by Stacey Mosteller <— JUST RELEASED!!
- The No Bad Boy Rule (Rule #2) by Ashley Erin <— JUST RELEASED!! SINGLE MOM MEETS BAD BOY NEXT DOOR ALERT! “The bad boy across the hall makes her want to abandon it. Those hazel eyes piercing her, as though they can read her mind. That gentle smile as he interacts with her son. Dax awakens something in her that she’s never felt before.
Will she regret opening her heart to another bad boy?”
- Redemption by Alla Kar <— JUST RELEASED!! SHE FINDS A BEATEN MAN JUST RELEASED FROM PRISON ALERT! “When she finds a beaten man in the woods beside her home, her entire life changes and things get—complicated…”
- Masters Forever (Masters Saga Book 3) by Ginger Voight <— JUST RELEASED!! UNCONVENTIONAL LOVE STORY ALERT, and the series is now complete! “The shocking secrets finally unfold in MASTERS FOREVER, Book Three of the Masters Saga, Ginger Voight’s unconventional love story that will stick with you long after the last page.“
- See Me by Nicholas Sparks <— LATEST ONE BY NICHOLAS SPARKS ON SUPER-SALE ALERT!!! HE’S TRYING TO CLEAN UP HIS LIFE AND SHE’S A SUCCESSFUL LAWYER WITH A TRAUMATIC PAST… “A chance encounter on a rain-swept road will alter the course of both Colin and Maria’s lives, challenging deeply held assumptions about each other and ultimately, themselves. As love unexpectedly takes hold between them, they dare to envision what a future together could possibly look like . . . until menacing reminders of events in Maria’s past begin to surface.“
- Finding Us (A Nucci Securities Novel Book 1) by Debra Presley <— FAMOUS POP STAR & HER BODY GUARD! On super-bargain right now, but only for a few days.
- The Librarian Principle by Helena Hunting <— COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT! “Annaliese Harper knows that one tiny mistake can jeopardize a career before it’s even begun. Letting your boss find the extensive collection of porn on your personal laptop is one way. Sleeping with him is another. Liese manages to do both.” and it’s super-bargain priced today!
- The Lessons: Off-Limits #1 by Elizabeth Brown <— SOUNDS LIKE ROMANCE FUN!!! She hires a “sexual surrogate” to help her rid herself of her virginity… and it’s on super-bargain today!!
- Electrified (Electric Tunnel Book 1) by Rachel Blaufeld <— FREEBIE of the day!
- Beaten (Broken Book 1) by Rebekah Rue <— SHE HAS A BAD PAST & FALLS FOR A STREET RACER ALERT! Plus it’s on sale today! “Change is hard, especially if it’s being forced. So when life gives you a second chance, you take it. You make it right. You play it safe. You don’t fall for a dangerous street racer. I was warned.“
- Fighting for Forever (The Fighting Series Book 6) by J.B. Salsbury <— MMA FIGHTER BOOK on super-sale alert!! (Actually I think the WHOLE series is bargain priced like this one!!) —> Fighting Series Reading Order
- A Lover’s Lament by by K.L. Grayson & BT Urruela <— SHE WRITES A LETTER TO A SOLDIER ALERT!! “In my grief, I sent a letter to the first boy I ever loved. I hoped in writing it I’d find some peace from the nightmare I was living, some solace in my anger. I didn’t expect him to write back. I wasn’t prepared for his words, and I certainly wasn’t ready for the impact this soldier would have on my life. A deep-rooted hate transformed into friendship, and then molded into a love like I’d never known before…” and it’s on super-sale today!!
- Ride Steady (Chaos) by Kristen Ashley <— AWESOME KRISTEN ASHLEY SUPER-SALE ALERT!!! I’ve read and LOVED ALL of these! JackieV and Lauren found us these book deals!! “Kristen Ashley books on sale today ….Ride Steady (Chaos), Mystery Man (The Dream Man Series Book 1), Breathe (Colorado Mountain Series Book 4), The Gamble (Colorado Mountain Series Book 1), Motorcycle Man (The Dream Man Series Book 4), Fire Inside: A Chaos Novel…..all down….”
- Mystery Man (The Dream Man Series Book 1) by Kristen Ashley <— ONE OF MY FAVORITES OF ALL TIME FROM HER REPERTOIRE!! (my Book Review)
- Motorcycle Man (The Dream Man Series Book 4) by Kristen Ashley <— ONE OF MY FAVORITES OF ALL TIME FROM HER REPERTOIRE!! (my Book Review)
- By Moonlight by Nancy Gideon <— Theresa highly recommends this series! “Reading Nancy Gideon newest in her Moonlight Series. For all that still read some paranormal, I think this author has gotten the short stick. She has created a great world, great characters, great story line that keeps going, romance, steam, suspense. It appears she may be spinning this off in the future...”
- Red Rising (The Red Rising Trilogy, Book 1) by Pierce Brown <— BOOK FOG ALERT! Carol HIGHLY recommends this one! “After finishing up the Hunger Games movie last weekend, I was in the mood for something similar. I picked up Red Rising by Pierce Brown. I read through the night until 4 am. Yesterday, I read his second book, Golden Son! This series does not disappoint! It was amazing and well worth this book fog that will likely stick with me until Feb when book 3 concludes this wonderfully surprising series!”
- Aerling Series by DelSheree Gladden <— Stephanie found us a series bargain – and I mean SERIOUSLY bargain-priced! “Olivia’s best friend is not imaginary. He’s not a ghost, either. And she’s pretty sure he’s not a hallucination. He’s just Mason. He is, however, invisible.”
- Hollywood & Vine by Olivia Evans <— HOLLYWOOD STAR ALERT!! Nancy found us this super-bargain!! “Maryse I’ve been too busy 1-clicking to be working on Thanksgiving Dinner, but here our some super deals…” LOL!!! 😛 “When costume designer Josie Bane first lays eyes on Anders Ellis, she hates him instantly. Conceited and arrogant, he’s the epitome of a Hollywood playboy…”
- Time Served by Julianna Keyes <— JUST GOT OUT OF PRISON ALERT! Nancy found us this super-bargain one, too! “Dean’s back, crashing uninvited into my carefully cultivated, neat little lawyerly life. Eight years behind bars have turned him rougher and bigger—and more sexually demanding than any man I’ve ever met. I can’t deny him anything…and that just might end up costing me everything.”
- Final Debt (Indebted Series Book 6) by Pepper Winters <— HUGELY POPULAR DARK READ SERIES PRE-ORDER ALERT!!! It’s ready… for November 30th 2015 (here’s the series reading order) AND AND!!!!!! Indebted Epilogue (Indebted Series Book 7) <— OMG.
- ALL OF ‘EM BARGAIN LIST ALERT!! I’ve selected a bunch and posted them with my own notes, up there, but it looks like HarperCollins & Avon are having some mega-supersales on their books, too. So here are tons of their romances currently on sale directly on Amazon —> super-sale Avon books romance & super-sale HarperCollins romance & more HarperCollins romance super-sales & here are more Avon super-sales)
And for AUDIOBOOK LVERS
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
- Frosted by Katy Regnery <— The author says: “Somehow, the audiobook of FROSTED is cheaper than the paperback right now on Amazon!! I’ve never seen this happen and it might be a mistake…but if you like audiobooks? I’d snatch it up now before Amazon realizes their mistake!!”
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
That Indebted epilogue makes me want to scream. At least it’s being released the same day, right? Maybe a HEA after the hell of the first six books? ROFL Gah, seriously it’s one of my favorite dark reads. However, the second debt is still the most horrific in my opinion. *shudders*
I’m about to start Tease (Kings of Korruption). I’ve been waiting on this one since I read the first chapter at the end of Ryker (Kings of Korruption Book 1).
6 or 7 Nicholas Sparks books on super sale today….it was in the same email from Amazon that had the Kristen Ashley sale. His books are usually $12.99-6.99. The ones on sale are $3.99.
Oh YAY on the Nicholas Sparks books!! 😀
Thank you Lauren!
Tessa, I need to read that series. I know i’m gonna love it… I haven’t read ANY blurbs except for the first…
I’m going to warn you, it’s intense. I’m serious about that second debt. Everything else, and there was some major ack, wasn’t as bad to me as the second debt paid. Also, I’m sure I’m on homeland’s security watch list based off looking up references in that book. :/
I wonder about that sometimes… 😉
MichelleS, Im definitely going to have to one click on The Last Hour.
Some of you HR readers will have to try the sample of These Old Shades while on sale. I love that Hero & Heroine. LOVE.
I think I read that MANY years ago. It was one my mom recommended. 🙂 She didn’t just recommend some shifty things.
I thought about it, and Homeland Security probably already had my name from research I did for a character I played in a game. She specialized in poisons. 0.0
ooooh, I really, really, really want to read the Indebted series! Super excited! Anything that you’re telling me, may put me on Homeland Security list sounds like a must read *giggle* I need to finish Nanowrimo first! Gah, how are you doing Tessa?
Hi all, how is everyone surviving the post Thanksgiving food coma? LOL!
Tempting and Hollywood & Vine look delicious too! I read Eighteen last night, I liked it.
Hello everyone…I hope you’re all coming out of your food comas. 🙂
If any of you haven’t yet read the Indebited series you really do need to move them on up your lists. Its a bit like book crack cos you cannot put them down once you start. Totally addictive. And I’m not usually a huge dark reads fan but this one hooked me.
Downloaded A Lovers Lament and Librarian Principal because I’ve loved Helena Huntings Pucked series and Clipped Wings. She’s becoming an ‘immediate one-click’ author for me.
I’d join in on you’re Black Friday tales but I have no idea what you’re talking about Maryse. I suspect its some super sale that I need not know about.
Grey. with Nanowrimo, no so good. I got to a part that someone has to die, and I’m stuck. I write like two sentences of the scene, then run away. lol I’m such a chicken.
Lisa, pretty much everywhere goes on sale and everyone goes shopping. The day after Thanksgiving is the official Christmas season here. 😀
Ahhh Tessa we have Boxing Day sales here the day after Xmas which are practically a blood sport! I love a good shop but sales just don’t do it for me. I think I’m in love with the beautiful merchandising that draws me in and convinces me I need yet another MAC gloss or new outfit I’ll never wear. And sales lose that romance. Shopping should never be a contact sport *winks*.
My husband says its only ever a bargain if you need it….and usually I don’t *grins*.
Oh. My. These Old Shades has an audio sample. No no no no!!! That is NOT Avon’s voice. Just no no no.
Lisa, I love a sale, lol. I just wish more online places would do the sale and free shipping.
OMG, Tessa on the Homeland Security list because of her Google searches…LOL!!!!!! *raises sparkling cider*
Yes, sparkling cider. I’m completely sober tonight since I went a little overboard last night…here I thought I was so sneaky in making everyone think I was drinking cider with them while I was actually guzzling champagne, and now I’M the one drinking cider this evening ’cause ohhhhh my head and tummy. 😕 I still gave my tummy the one-finger salute though and gorged on leftovers today!
Maryse…you’ve sold me on The Man I Love, even if it is all-male POV. The fact that you went right into the second book says a lot…now I’m just debating whether or not to read your review first or go into it blind. Hmmm…
But first I’m starting God-Shaped Hole since something about it is really tugging at me right now. I came across it while I was organizing (yet again) my Collections in the Kindle app. So fun but SO time consuming! This time I’m sorting by year purchased…2013 was a year of mass purchasing for me, and I’m pretty sure that’s around the time that I became addicted to Maryse’s Tuesday and Friday lists! *snort!!*
I first heard of Kristen Ashley through Maryse Book Blog and I have to comment on the sale because Mystery Man and Motorcycle Man are two of my top three faves! (At Peace is the other) don’t miss out!!!!
Hi guys! You definitely have me wanting to readset the Indebted series now! I have them, just been waiting for the complete series!
Somehow I missed this list yesterday. Had to get Forget Me Not because I am a huge Reed Brothers fan and it’s a great cause!
Still reading On Paper and really loving it! A sweet romance so far…..
Amy, did you ever read Endless Possibility? I did finish The Soul Mate and loved it! I was cussing you a little because I hated/loved Gerik and LOVED Xan!!!
Amy..do it!! Read God-shaped Hole. Please.
Then get back to me on what you thought. It was in my top ten. Oooohh I wish it was me reading it for the first time.
I just finished Sidekicks by Jack Ferraiolo. It was fantastic! So, so good. I would have never even heard of this book much less picked it up if it hadn’t been for an awesome review and recommendation on GR. I am so influenced by titles and book covers, and this one really didn’t do it for me. Plus, Amazon says its geared towards a younger age group. I am so glad I finally read it. I would put it in the YA PNR category. Great story.
I feel like there were more book sales last year that I had to have. Or maybe all I want I have I just have to read them.
I keep seeing the B&N commercial and it makes me want to go hang with Tony and buy pretty pretty hard backs. And watch You Got Mail.
Jean, I did read it and loved it! It was crazy how my heart was hurting for him and yet it felt so FULL at the same time. It was heartbreakingly beautiful and *perfect*!
If you were cussing me while reading TSM then that means it had the desired effect, LOL!!! If you loved/hated Gerik then you have, have, HAVE to read book 2 and then the novella. I *promise* your emotions will be all over the place because of Gerik and Xan, and you will be fiending for the third book like the rest of us! My emotions were in a tailspin throughout book 2 and OMG the heartache by the end…it was GREAT. 😀
I’m going to check that one out, Fabi…sometimes I just get a craving for YA PNR and I don’t care that I’m waaaaaaaayyyyyy past the target age group for that genre. 😉 Heck, I bought Mockingjay tickets as soon as they went on sale and drug hubby with me to watch it last weekend…and it was just as great as I hoped it would be!
Bev…funny, I was thinking the same thing last night. I didn’t go on a one-click spree like I did last year. *snort* Like that’s a bad thing, right?
Oh, and Lisa…I’m starting GSH tonight!!
Teri, have you read KA’s Golden Dynasty? Absolutely wonderful! And you don’t even really need to read the first book in the series.
Sooooo I’m just gonna go eat some more leftovers and finish organizing my ebooks before starting GSH since all y’all are hiding out somewhere. 😛
Fabi, I just one clicked on a sale book that looks good. Thought it might be up your alley. Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda.
Oh the name Simon makes me think of Carry On. Funny how something will make you stop and sigh over another book, lol.
Bev, Bev, Bev…you shock me. I hear “Simon” and automatically think of the Others. *shakes head* Too much turkey for you, I fear…
I can not talk of that Simon right now. Maryse is already reading some “Big” book, bless her heart.
Hey, Amy we should do a book swap some time. I have In the Fields and you have 2 YA ones I rec’d you could choose from.:-P
Oh Bev, In the Fields is soooooo freaking good! I trusted you on APTCH (and you were right about it!) so trust me on ITF. Okay, which two YA books are you thinking of?
And what book is Maryse so wrapped up in that she can’t come and check in here? I would ask HER but she isn’t around like she said she was going to be. Hmph. *side-eyes Maryse’s empty seat*
OH MY GOD Amy!!
I missed parts of this conversation, and now am backtracking over the comments and yes… LOL! I was (and still am) in book #2 which is just as BIG as book #1. SO good… review coming tonight or tomorrow but yep.. I was missing in action, it appears. *sigh*
Lol. I do owe you a book.
Jellicoe Road & The Sky is Everywhere.
Maryse, is reading Give Me Your Answer True. And I’m very happy for her. Really. Hmm.
Gwen Stefani’s songs have been hit or miss for me over the years but THIS song… *oomph*
Not too sure of the video itself (her facial expressions just looked a bit forced to me despite her recent heartbreak) but the words of the song…oh, my heart. “You go, I’ll stay. You can keep all the memories.” *sigh* I love when certain songs cause a slideshow of books and scenes to run through my head…
OMG Amy I’m gonna listen to it.
There’s one song that I heard and listened to a few times yesterday for the first time, because of how the song ends. I’m not a fanatic of the song or anything (I can’t even remember the tune of it LOL!) but the lyrics are intense…
and especially the very last thing she says that ends the song… *oomph* OMG. It’s like one of our books…
so like… the guy dumps her for another girl, and she’s devastated and she sees him with her…
and then the chorus she says:
“I bet you start loving me
Soon as I start loving someone else
Somebody better than you”
She’s strong through the whole song… she’s gonna get him back with someone better than him
She ends it saying:
“Right now it’s killing me
‘Cause now I have to find someone else
When all I wanted was you.”
Ciara “I Bet” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okGcksYM0N8
*snorrrrrrt!!!* I can feel the sarcasm all the way over here, Bev. LOL!!
Jellicoe Road…that’s right! I DO have that one and TSIE…okay, so Mara Dyer just got bumped from the top spot of books to read when I get a YA craving. 😉
Bev, that one sounds super cute. I’ve never read a YA gay romance.
I’m making a dent in my tbr this month. 🙂 I started Beautiful Sacrifice today. Yeah, that one was still sitting in my Read Next pile. 🙁
Amy & Jean, I stopped after the first Holy Trinity book because I was such a huge fan of Xan and he wasn’t the H so…plus, I had a bit of a problem with the lack of free will theme. But it was still a 4-5 star read for me.
Ok so it’s not just me, I was kinda scared to start the next Holy Trinity book especially after how things ended in book 1. I love Xan….sigh…
Amy glad you loved EP. I was afraid if you knew it was only Noah’s POV you wouldn’t read it (so I purposely didn’t tell you). Lol! Rush and EP are definite favorites of mine for the year!
Still finishing On Paper and then I think I’m going to jump into the Indebted series.
Rush I keep forgetting about that one.
Endless Possibility bev…..the novella after Rush. Sooooo great!
Seriously, Jean?? *drags Jean back over to Holy Trinity series and sits on her* Yeah, let’s see you haul your a$$ over to the Indebted series now!!! If you loved Xan, you may be a little disappointed in his behavior in the second book but you’ll still love him and hurt for him. But you’ll hurt for Gerik, too. And Trinity.
And I was already invested in Noah so I wouldn’t have cared ahead of time knowing it was in his POV so *pblllttttt* for trying the omission tactic!!!! 😛
Fabi…ditto what I said to Jean just now about the second book. But I DO get what you’re saying about the free will thing…if that’s an issue for you then I can see how the story might be tough to swallow.
Everyone should read Rush and the novella from Noah point of view. Must read on both. The novella is not a re-telling. The two together makes more sense!!!!
Sweet Ruin Tuesday- big day
When I read blurbs I some times think, oh that maybe something so and so may like. Lately Fabi, lol.
But when I read one I love or even like I want all to try it and don’t think about particular reader tastes. What about you ladies?
Agreed bev! For me, Badger was one of those. It was just so beautifully written and intense and emotionally dark, and sometimes so light – ahhhhh I LOVED it. I want everyone to read it.
Oh and what a message it had… it was so subtle but kind of healing in its own way.
Read The first 2 Indebted books … bad bully Jethro. Omg… Debt Inheritance indeed! Gah! I’m dying over here, how did I manage not to read these before now. So so glad I didn’t, these cliffies would have sent me right over the edge! Pepper Winters is a wizard… quick reads too, even though they are *grab your favorite manatee and hide in the blankie fort* dark. I love when the authors include a playlist with the book, it totally makes it for me!
Tessa, *hug* I know how you feel, I have to bump some off in my book tonight, I’m not looking so forward to it…but you can only write so much smut right… right?!? *giggle*
Cause you want us to curl up and sob.
Rip our hearts out while you and Amy do happy twirly dances on them.
We’ll curl up and sob in our blankie fort!! It’s fun! 😀
Hahaha Amy that’s why I love you. I’ll have to get the guts up to read the next Holy Trinity book.
Yep Theresa totally agree about Rush and EP!
Out to dinner but keep trying to read with your comments and keep up!
I hope you know I’m just joking with you ladies.
That book did seem to have an impact on a lot of readers.
Grey, first off, wait until the next book. That one was just OMG bad. Then the CH of book three had my head swimming. Right now, I want book six but at the same time, how can it end well?
On writing, I went with my heart and decided to write fantasy, but ugh. What’s worse, is I only had to know him because it helps another character form, and and and… I love the person I have to kill!
Maryse! I love the lyrics to that song. Musically, it’s dull, but the words hurt big time.
Alright, confession. I read Holy Trinity before I even found this blog. I don’t even remember who people are anymore, including Xan!
Tessa, if you love the person you have to kill, wouldn’t your readers be loving him too? Would it make them mad if he died? Maybe a disappearing act would be better or a maybe death. So if your readers yell for more, you can always resurrect. (Non-solicited advice from a non-writer who knows absolutely nothing) 🙂
Bev, pretty much every book I love I now envision some of y’all reading it. It’s seldom there is a book I love that I can picture all of you reading because I’ve sort of gotten to know your tastes, and while we all like some of the same things we all have slightly different loves. I don’t know if that makes sense, but yeah, I always think of y’all when I read a book I love. Of course, often it’s one y’all recommended. 🙂
Aw Bev, we wouldn’t do happy twirly dances on your freshly battered heart…like Maryse said, we curl up together and sob in the blankie fort! It looks like this:
Our blanket forts!!
#5 and #9 is how I envision ours…
Ooohhh, I like some of those forts.
Amy, you know why they are crying, right?
Cause Maryse has not read my precious yet.
Tessa, you are the author. The creator. The puppet master. Let them live.
And yes, Bev…I feel the same way sometimes when I love a book and want everyone else to read it as well, even when I know it’s not in line with some of y’all’s tastes here. But I LOVE when I read something and think “so and so would like this” and then they do! 😀
Maryse, I’ve heard that song before but never really paid attention to the lyrics…oh, my heart! *sigh* I love emotional songs, whether they are slow or fast or somewhere in between. And I love them even more when I tie them into a specific book that I’ve loved. Like how What About Angels by Birdy makes me want to sob when I hear it because I think of Badger…”How unfair, it’s just our luck; found something real that’s out of touch.” GAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Definitely with lots of pretty lights & pillows. I wouldn’t say no to the chocolate fondue.
Ooooooh!!! I love #9 from the list!! Throw in the lanterns from #5 and the coziness from #1 and it’s perfect! Wanna see what else goes on in the blankie fort?
And then I try to hug Bev and this happens…
*snicker* Luffs ya, Bev. 😉
“…I always think of y’all when I read a book I love. Of course, often it’s one y’all recommended.” <—— SO true, Fabi!
Tessa! You have to refresh your memory of the HT series so you can join us when we pounce on book 3 when it is (eventually) released!!!
Lol. So true Amy. Especially if were drinking.
But what is happening that we need to drink?
Amy, Maryse & I in the fort if I read Badger.
Do we NEED a reason to drink? 😉
Well, let’s see…if we’re in the blankie fort crying and snuggling the manatee and comforting each other then it is probably related to a book, and therefore WE DRINK!!
I’m seriously cracking up right now over that picture!!! OMG, that frowny face…LOL!!!!
I do need to remember HT. It’s just been so long I’m getting it confused with other books. Worse, not even zombie type books. Just random books.
I like number fifteen for a fort. It’s small, cuddly, and nothing can happen in such a tiny place with twinkle lights.
Bev, Fabi, he HAS to die. Just HAS TOO! And I tried skipping it, but can’t handle the main character that his death affects without going through the actual part of him dying. So, a few sentences and running away. I gotta get over this!
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Finally home and with my reliable internet connection.
I just finished Surrounded by Knight. I didn’t realize it is part of a series and ended on a CLIFFHANGER!!! Really good rockstar book until that happened. You all know how much I hate cliffhangers and waiting for sequels. Ugh!!!!
Now to scroll up and catch up on the comments…
I’m thinking of reading On Paper next. I think I’m realizing I like angst in my books, but I want it to be resolved fairly quickly and not kick my gut the entire book. Building up to read The Man I Love.
“I like angst in my books, but I want it to be resolved fairly quickly and not kick my gut the entire book.”.
Cheryl, On Paper will be perfect for you. Such a terrific love story.
Bev!!! Put another frowny egg in the basket. That’s me too. Y’all do NOT want to be around me after I read one of Amy’s books. (Well, not ALL her books ’cause some I’ve LOVED – just her ‘tear my heart out books’)
Cheryl I’m with you 100% on both ….quickly resolved angst and NO CLIFFHANGERS. Or at least a warning. Ive started a new little filing cabinet on my kindle for all the unfinished series and Ive come to realize I very rarely bother to read the ‘next’ book after a cliffhanger even when I’ve pre-ordered it. My tbr file is full of unfinished series. I’ve either forgotten the storyline or just don’t care anymore.
Maryse….can we do a list of our all time top ten standalones?? I’d love to know everyones recommendations.
OK….climbing off my high horse now.
Amy….have you started yet??
The Friends thanksgiving ep with Brad Pitt just makes me laugh.:-)
Fabi, I thought of you when I commented about the angst.
Lisa, I started a waiting for sequel collection on my kindle also. And yes I agree, that’s part of the problem- I have forgotten too much of the storyline and have to re-read the first book. I just don’t have the time or patience, most of the time.
The book I just read, SBK, did not have any warnings and it doesn’t have any reviews. Hate to invest my time in a book to find out at the end that it has a cliffhanger and the series is not finished. Why can’t the authors include this in their blurbs!! Not even sure if it will be 2 books or 3. It was a really good book otherwise, slow-to-build romance between a rock star and up and coming country star, who was somewhat torn between 2 guys. Funny, interesting side characters too.
Amy, I just noticed that The Fall (#2 up on the list) is the story of the daughter, Dallas, of Laura and Seth from Room 212. I think, even though it is book 1, each book is about other characters- other daughters of Laura and Seth. Think Laura and Seth are also in the book.
50% in and Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda is really good. Love Simon’s “voice”. Speaking of it had an audio sample and that one I may of been able to listen to. Just 8 min but he seemed to catch the tone well. Just if any like audio maybe give it a try.
I just finished Beautiful Sacrifice. Oh, these Maddox Brothers. I just love them.
It feels so good to be getting through some of these great books I had backed up in my tbr.
Fabi, good for you!! That’s something I really need to do. I’m afraid to even count how many books are in my tbr. I just keep getting distracted with a new shiny book or a rec from one of you- which I can’t resist!! 🙂
Hey everyone! I’ve been a little MIA due to some family visiting from out of town. Today is laundry day, so I’ve been spending most of my day sorting, folding, ironing, etc. and keeping myself entertained with the first season of Vampire Diaries. I’m a huge sucker for Ian Somerhalder. *swoon*. He has been the star in many of the books I’ve read, opposite me of course! Lol 😉
Anywho… I’ve been stuck in a reading rut. I fell in love with the Indebted series so much that unfortunately, anything after it just doesn’t measure up. I hate it when my emotions flake like this because I come across some really awesome books, and I just can’t fall into them. :-(. I’m excited for the final Indebted book and epilogue to come out tomorrow, but I already know there will be goodbye tears. I love series so much, but my heart breaks when it’s over.
Can anyone recommend some other dark and twisty reads for me? I’m not ready to leave this genre just right yet. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! 🙂
Can I say again how happy I am with this book and this Simon? Really happy with this find. 🙂
Fabi, how many are in your end of year TBR?
if you haven’t read C J Roberts Dark Duets trilogy (which is complete….no fear of cliffhanger angst), you will love it. Dark dark twisty turny tummy achy goodness.
It was a brave read for me because I don’t deal with dark usually, but Ive read the Indebited series and its a similar feel.
Thanks for the recommendation Lisa! I just saw that the first book is free on Amazon right now too! Just one-clicked it and will start reading it tonight. 🙂
Cristina I don’t read a lot of dark but here are a few I’ve read:
Heat – sci fi dark erotica
The Tied Man – dark CR
Bad Things – dark m/m
The Life of Anna series – pnr dark erotica
There’s one other but its slipped my mind right now. HTH
Bev, I’ll have to check on my computer. I never did transfer that list to my Kindle app. Off the top of my head, I’d say about 10-12. — so you’re really liking that book huh?
I think my next one is going to be Release by Treaty. In fact, speaking of dark, this one is probably dark sci fi erotica.
Just finished. If you like YA I would totally rec it. And it was like 1.99. Very well written.
I want to dive into another but not sure what now. That problem, lol. But first going to look the author up, curious if writing more.
Thanks so much fabi! 🙂
I’ve just been reminded of a book that had a lot of buzz. Dumplin by Julie Murphy. A bit too $$ for me right now. But has anyone read it?
You can do it Fabi! I just want to break 100. Just finished #95. I have a couple Christmas novellas I want to read, so that will help.
I had a great reading month in Nov. Broke 100 and am up to 109. Not even half of what I read last year but I had a lot less reading time. Who knows, I might break 120 before the year is out. 🙂
I’m going to put that book you just finished on my wish list. I know I have one coming out this week that I’ve been looking forward to so I don’t want to get into a long one tonight. Just something to tide me over till Tuesday.
Reading Lingus…..and *sigh*
I’m not really into gross humor and this has a bunch. But I also need to stop leaving books part read.
Lisa, was it you and Tessa that talked of escorts in books? There was a really good one from a few years ago. I got it from a Maryse rec. To tired to look it up. But the h is a novelist (?) And moves next door to H in an apartment. They become friends first. Really good.
Fabi, it looks like it is already optioned for a movie, lol. They all are it seems like.
Act Like It by Lucy Parker came out. Saw some love for it on a blog and just calling to me. Think Lingus is going to be moved aside tonight.
Lisa, I started it last night but didn’t get very far because there were new episodes of Walking Dead and Leftovers. I’ll keep you updated!
Cheryl…I didn’t know that! I one-clicked it because I loved R212, but knowing it’s about the girls makes me more excited to read it. The only thing that makes me a bit wary is that it looks like dual POV, and R212 being in her POV only is what killed me with the heartache and angst.
Cristina, those are great recs from Fabi (I’ve only read The Tied Man but I know the other ones are well loved around here), and I would also recommend Tears of Tess. It’s not *quite* as dark as some other books but still starts out with the whole kidnapped-and-sold theme. Also, I hear that Comfort Food is pretty good as well.
That’s okay, you’re here now!
*covertly sticks “I ditched my friends” sign on her back*
Seriously though, I can’t wait to read those two books.