<— WHOA!!! ANOTHER UPDATE!! I felt it necessary to dedicate an update for this series because I didn’t realize the urgent situation at hand. THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE to get it as a bundle – Rook and Ronin: Complete Seven Book Series – THE ENTIRE SEVEN BOOK SERIES on sale for ONE WEEK ONLY! 1800 paperback pages in ONE eBook… and I know SO many here loved these books! The author says:
“LAST CHANCE to buy All SEVEN Rook & Ronin books! This book will be deleted from all stores on 9-20-2015 and will never be sold again. Don’t miss your chance to buy it on sale!”
UPDATE: LATEST SATURDAY BOOK FINDS
- Mind Games (The Disillusionists Book 1) by Carolyn Crane
- The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
- Pay Dearly (The Revenge Series Book 1) by M.S. Brannon <— MAFIA ROMANCE!
- Girl Wife Prisoner (A Good Wife Book 1) by Hanna Peach <— MAIL-ORDER BRIDE feels like she’s in prison and falls for the gardener…
- Dirty Bad Strangers by Jade West <— She’s a phone-sex operator… and one of her clients wants some things… “The rules of chatline are clear: no personal information, no breaches of confidentiality, and absolutely no other forms of communication of any kind. So why is she giving him her number?“
- Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark Book 1) by Pepper Winters <— DARK READ ALERT super-bargain!
- Around The Bend by Britney King <— Nancy found out that this one is only and I read this one! It was good! (my review)
- The Lost: A Crow City Novel by Cole McCade <— DARK READ ALERT! Nancy found out this one is on sale too and I know a few here really enjoyed it!!
<— First: OH YAY!!! One of my favorites is on sale today (and I MEAN ROCK-BOTTOM big huge sale price!) I INSIST you read this. I INSIST!!!! Don’t even bother with putting it on your TBR list.. just start it. RIGHT NOW! 😛
Oh AND!!!! Happy FRIDAY FINDS DAY my friends!!! Actually just the fact that it’s Friday makes this day already awesome, but the book-finds below will make our weekends, I am SURE of it! In fact, that one to the left is not the only mega-sale (and quite a few tremor-inducing dark ones, too). Plus the latest reader recommendations and next week’s pre-orders and I’m finishing ONE right now, so I’ll have my review up when it goes live!!!
Okay and… we just found a HUGE Kindle FIRE sale (all the new ones going live on September 30th, but they are up for pre-order now, AND one of ’em… A KINDLE FIRE!!!! will release at less than $50!!!!)… which coincides perfectly with Aimee’s question and “help” request, today: ——->
Aimee: Just wondering if anyone would recommend which kindle I should buy. I’ve always had the very basic one which requires a clip on light and isn’t touch screen but am thinking of treating myself to an upgrade as a built in light sounds great. I’m just not sure. which to go for. Thanks for any suggestions 😀
Lauren: I started with the same, only the basic Nook instead of Kindle. I upgraded a year later & I didn’t realize how much I needed the light until I got it. I love that I can check my emails on it, Netflix, Google etc…. My kids all have Kindle Fires & they love them. They take them to school & can look stuff up (still needs WiFi connection, though) & they can even get textbooks thru Amazon & download right into their library. I just love being able to read at night, which I couldn’t do with the basic Nook.
Maryse: Ohhhh!!! Well… since we’re on this very topic… Look what Sherry found us! A new Kindle Fire, 7″ Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB – Includes Special Offers, Black is releasing on September 30th, but is up for pre-order and OMG the price is AMAZING!! Actually, it looks like every “Kindle Fire” is getting an update!
Angie: Great deal!
Maryse: I know it’s crazy! I just went back and they’re releasing their whole new line of Fires, and thin-fires and fire sticks… 😛 *snort*
Joanne: I’ve already got 3 but I want this one as well x
Lisa: Oh I’d love one gasp
Rachel: Does anyone have these for their kids? I want to get one to help with homeschool but I heard the 8gb just isn’t that great because of the memory… But with an SD card can you still play games, and read tons of books?
Maryse: Ohhhh good question! I wanna know, too…
Diane: My kids each have one (originally mine to read on lol but stolen for minecraft) 8 GB is very little, you have about 4 GB to play around with which is nothing, 16 is much better
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Tattooed Emotions (Tattooed Billionaire Series Book 1) by Alicia Rae <— JUST RELEASED!! “Raelyn has worked with Damien’s company, Heathman Enterprises, for many years, but they’ve never crossed paths—until now…”
- Indecent Cravings: Part Four (The Indecent Cravings Series Book 4) by S.K. Cross <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Tempt by K.I. Lynn <— JUST RELEASED!!
- It’s Still Complicated by <— JUST RELEASED and possibly a second chance romance read? I like the sound of it, anyway… “She has moved on but I didn’t. We both are unhappy without each other but still, we cannot meet. She still cares, she still loves me, but she is still angry with me for what I did. And we don’t seem to have the strength to come back to what we had.“
- My Coyote Ugly Life (My Life Series Book 1) by Jessica Spoon <— KA FEEL ALERT!! Fiona recommends this one! “There are a couple of good books that I have come across lately that I would really recommend; they contain alpha males, good sassy heroines, storylines that really keep you engrossed. They have a kind of KA feel to them; hence why I am a fan. I think they are from fairly new authors. Its “Hyde & Seek” by Layla Frost & My Coyote Ugly Life by Jessica Spoon (which is very funny also & the heroine has a bit of a crazy family and an interfering mother which is a good laugh!)”
- Pieces of Autumn by Mara Black <— DARK READ ALERT! Nancy found us a few, and says: “I had quite a few books on my Wish List go on sale, so thought I would share… Have not read any, but love bargains.” and yep… wow… she wishes she could say she was “kidnapped” against her will so we would understand but… “What really happened? I walked to my fate with my eyes wide open. But before you say I deserved whatever happened to me, you should know. I was desperate. I was alone. I was afraid for my life. You would have done the same thing. I thought things couldn’t possibly get any worse. But then, I woke up in darkness, unable to move. There was only one thing I was sure of: I wasn’t alone anymore.“
- Transcending Darkness by Airicka Phoenix <— ANOTHER DARK-SOUNDING ONE that Nancy found us! “I just picked up TRANSCENDING DARKNESS by Airicka Phoenix for 99 cents & it got pushed up on my endless TBR list. Maryse it is 506 pages, 4.8*, and just read the blurb.” Lauren said: “I read Transcending Darkness last weekend & loved it!!” YES! This sounds awesome! She’s paying a debt that wasn’t hers to pay.. “Juliette Romero had a debt to pay, a debt that wasn’t even hers. But it was the only way to keep her family safe and all she had to do was sell her body and soul to the devil… When given the choice between her life or her body, what could Juliette possibly do, but submit to a man whose very name invoked fear in the hearts of others? She just never anticipated falling for his dark, hungry eyes and clever hands, or the way the beast in him made her feel oddly safe and cherished.“
- Stay: A Dark Romance Novel by Chelsea Camaron <— MORE DARK!! Just the cover alone gave me shivers… and OMG THE BLURB!!! *gasp*!! “He is a hit man, the very one who took my family the night that changed us both forever. Something in my eyes stopped him from killing me. Something in my eyes called out for him to take me. At ten, he captured me. At fifteen, he consumed me. And at eighteen, he owned me. Outsiders think he’s my father … That is so far from the truth…“
- Love Hurts (Caged Love Book 1) by Mandi Beck <— FIGHTER IN LOVE WITH HIS BEST GIRL FRIEND ALERT!!! and Lauren HIGHLY recommends it! “Love Hurts by Mandi Beck First time on sale!! It is my #1 favorite book so far this year…& I read A LOT of books!!!”
- Very Twisted Things: Standalone New Adult (Briarcrest Academy Book 3) by Ilsa Madden-Mills <— PEEPING TOM ALERT!! Jean realized that yesterday’s “Reader Question” book is also on sale right now! How cool is that?!! AND it can be read as a standalone! “A sassy violinist who lives next door. An obsessed rock star who watches her through binoculars.“
- Wild Reckless by Ginger Scott <—- OMG!!!! ONE OF MY FAVORITES AND MY PERSONAL RECOMMENDATION TODAY!!! It is on sale (here’s my review, you’ll see). :D!!!!
- Savaged by Nacole Stayton <— RECLUSE ALERT! Nancy also found us this one!! And this was one that Lauren loved! “Up all night reading Savaged. Sooooo good!” A bit from the blurb: “Despite years of self-imposed solitude, Niko hungers for companionship and suffers from an aching loneliness that the darkness cannot satisfy. He temporarily soothes his pain with women, hired women…”
- Wife 22: A Novel by Melanie Gideon <— IF YOU LOVED “AFTER I DO” ALERT!! Sharee has one for us!!! “I just read Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon and loved it! It’s a couple years old…. Blurb: Alice has been married to her husband, William, for twenty years. Though she can still remember the first time they met like it was yesterday, these days she finds herself posting things on Facebook that she used to confide to him. So when she’s invited to participate in an anonymous online survey on marriage and love, she finds that all her longings come pouring out as she dutifully answers questions under the name “Wife 22.” She finds herself trying to not e-flirt with the researcher. If you loved After I do, then you’ll love this” AND I LOVED “After I Do” BIG TIME!!!! YAY ME!!!!
- Friction by L.D. Davis <— SHE’S DRAGGED TO A ROCK CONCERT ALERT!!! Cynthia has a rock star one for us!!! “Maryse- I recently read Friction by LD Davis. Amazing fun read. Alden was really hot. I had to read it twice- I liked it so much. He’s a rockstar and she’s a girl who got dragged by a friend to one of his concerts. She gets injured and he saves her. She is so unimpressed by him. I loved it! He’s intrigued by her and it just goes from there.,,” It sounds delightful!!
- Aisling Grey Series by Katie MacAllister <— FUNNY & SEXY ALERT! Tessa recommends these! “Aisling Grey series by Katie MacAllister. Funny and sexy. I don’t remember if there is full steam in the first book, but there is definite heat, and tons of humor.”
- Charley Davidson Series by Darynda Jones <— IF YOU DON’T READ IT YOUR LIFE IS INCOMPLETE ALERT!! Nakina brings this series back to the forefront (this one HAS been on my TBR list for far too long and I know everyone that reads them loves them like crazy. She says: “If there are any readers out there who have not read the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones…then your life is incomplete. Ive tried to force all my friends and family to read them but they are allergic to anything that comes on paper i guess lol You’ll thank me i promise…“
- Still the One (An Animal Magnetism Novel Book 6) by Jill Shalvis <— On super-sale today and it sounds sweet and lighthearted! A Navy vet…
- Infinity + One by Amy Harmon <— ONE OF OUR FAVORITE AUTHORS ALERT!!! Nancy HIGHLY recommends it! “I read Infinity + One & absolutely loved it. I t was one of my top 3 books so far this year. I reviewed it & gave 5*. My favorite books are with mismatched odd couples that you never see how it will work.” and Zara agrees! “Oh my god. I just finished Infinity + One and I want to go in a time machine back to this morning and read it all over again. Soooo good. Easily my favourite book of 2014. Gah.” Jillian, too! “I am 80% through Infinity + One and this book is magic. I started it today and will finish it today as well. Just like her other books, it has me spellbound. I didn’t think I could love anything as much as I loved Making Faces (I’ve re-read it twice now) but this one is just as good. I can’t even explain. These are the books I long for. Ones that touch my heart. I hope everyone reads it and enjoys it as much as I have thus far.”
- If She Only Knew (San Francisco series Book 1) by Lisa Jackson <— FIXED FACE AND AMNESIA ALERT! The cover sort of has a retro feel to it, but the story sounds great and it’s on super-sale today. “Not only has Marla Cahill survived a deadly car accident, but her beautiful features have been restored through plastic surgery. She should be grateful. Instead, she’s consumed by confusion. . .and panic. For the people gathered at her bedside–her family–are strangers. And so is the woman whose haunted eyes stare back from the mirror. . .“
- Between Before and After by Amanda Dick <— Kindle Countdown but it’s going to end VERY soon!
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
- One for the Money: A Stephanie Plum Novel, Book 1 by Janet Evanovich <— Daniela recommends the entire series in audiobook! “Just discovered this series in audiobook format from my public library! Love love love! So funny listening while I drive to work.” AND!!! They are part of the awesome “Whispersync” system (cheaper audiobooks if you already have the ebook).
- Until the End of the World by Sarah Lyons Fleming <— And Rosie recommends THIS series: “I only recently found these books via audiobooks and I was hooked from the start. It was so good to come across some really good post apocalypse / zoombie books as there are lots of not so good ones out there. I actually found them when I was looking for something free to listen too, I came across the novella. Even though I saw the risks of spoilers I thought ah lets do it. I am so glad I did as it got me well and truly hooked!”
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline <— DYSTOPIAN! Sheri loves THIS one in audiobook format! “Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. Wil Wheaton reads the audiobook and is AMAZING!!! I struggled to get into this book when I read it but when I listened to it I could NOT STOP!!! 5 stars on my Goodreads list!“
- Sweet as Sin: Bad Habit, Book 1 by JT Geissinger <— And Narda recommends us to listen to this one! “Just wondering if you have read or listened to Sweet as Sin by JT Geissinger. I found it a great listen, I don’t read much mainly listen on audio cause I do a bit of driving.”
- Skinwalker: Jane Yellowrock, Book 1 by Faith Hunter <— Denise recommends THESE in audiobook! “My all-time favorite series in the urban fantasy genre is…The Jane Yellowrock series by Faith Hunter. This series is a must. The first book is Skinwalker. It can be dark at times, but Jane/Beast can get into funny situations. This series is also on Audible and Whispersync on Amazon. For those who don’t know what Whispersync is, you buy the Kindle book for whatever price is listed, and you can get the audio at a discount. I bought Skinwalker and got the audio from Audible… The narrator for the series is the awesome Khristine Hvam. In book one she seems to me like she is trying to find the best voice for Beast, but by book 2 she has it. Her switch from voice to voice, character to character seems effortless. I get the most out of books if I read along as I listen. Try it out, and check put Faith Hunter’s books. She is the best!“
PRE-ORDERS (next 2 weeks!)
- Forgotten Desires: A short story in aid of The Eve Appeal by Jodi Ellen Malpas – September 21st 2015
- Bereft (Seven Year itch Book 2) by Jennifer Foor – September 21st 2015
- Every Wrong Reason by Rachel Higginson – September 22nd 2015
- Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys Book 1) by Elle Casey – September 22nd 2015
- Zeke’s Rule (Beautiful Torment, 1) by Jenika Snow – September 22nd 2015
- Crazy about Cameron: The Winslow Brothers #3 (The Blueberry Lane Series -The Winslow Brothers) by Katy Regnery
- Sinful Desire by Lauren Blakely – September 22nd 2015
- Hard As Steel: A Hard Ink/Raven Riders Crossover (1001 Dark Nights) by Laura Kaye – September 22nd 2015
- Fear Us (Broken Love Book 3) by B.B. Reid – September 22nd 2015
- Beautifully Loyal (Southern Boy Mafia Book 2) by Nicole Edwards – September 22nd 2015
- Unlawful Desire (ALFA PI Book 2) by Chelle Bliss – September 22nd 2015
- The Lies Between Us (The Devil’s Dust Book 4) by M.N. Forgy – September 22nd 2015
- Promises, Love & Baby by Jessica Wood – September 22nd 2015
- Reapers and Bastards: A Reapers MC Anthology by Joanna Wylde – September 24th 2015
- Absolution Road (Crossroads Book 2) by Rachel Blaufeld – September 28th 2015
- Bound by Sin (The Immortal Brothers) by Jacquelyn Frank – September 29th 2015
- Forever with You by Jennifer L. Armentrout – expected release date September 29th 2015
- About a Vampire: An Argeneau Novel (Argeneau Vampire) by Lynsay Sands – expected release date September 29th 2015
- After You: A Novel by JoJo Moyes – expected release date September 29th 2015
- Last Hope (A Hitman Novel) by Jessica Clare & Jen Frederick – expected release date September 29th 2015
- Down the Rabbit Hole by J.D. Robb – expected release date September 29th 2015
- Playing Dirty (Risky Business Book 2) by Tiffany Snow – expected release date September 29th 2015
- Until Jax: Until Him by Aurora Rose Reynolds
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).