We are kicking off the weekend, in perfect reading harmony. I FOUND US GOODIES!!! Actually… WE found us goodies. 😉 A few brand new releases that were highly anticipated, and this week’s recommendation’s list is really something to behold. Every one of ’em look right up our book-alley.
Seriously. This is one of the best Friday lists. Like that one there to the left. I can’t WAIT to read it. It’s live, and I missed it’s release day, but it wasn’t that long ago, and I am SO ON IT!! But first!! Anything but Minor by Kate Stewart <— This is what I’m currently reading (almost done actually) and it has me giggling so hard, I snort!
Maryse: I’m reading “Anything but Minor” by Kate Stewart and despite that crazy cover, it is hilarious and so far, so good! Sweet and funny as heck. Goofy things that happen to the heroine (sometimes a it far-fetched… but then again maybe not, ya know?) LOL!!!! Either way, it’s working for me. I can’t stop laughing… this book. Oh yes. It was exactly what I was looking for. Here’s an example: Okay, so she’s on a “platonic date” with the town’s up-and-coming baseball star, and he takes her parasailing and she’s FREAKING out. She’s terrified as he straps her in (but she’s goofy as heck!). And then…
“As soon as I began to rise, a stream poured from between my legs. There was no stopping it.
I peed when I was nervous, excited, or scared.
Like a dog.
And I was pretty sure I’d just slapped Rafe in the chest with it.”
*snort*!!!! 😛 The whole book… funny scene after funny scene. SO SO SO GOOD!
Stacy: I loved it so much!!!
Sara: The fake tan scene had me in stitches laughing 😀 great book!
Linda: Anything but Minor by Kate Stewart is outstanding!! Loved it!!! So yummy!! I’ve been on a funny romantic kinda kick and have been happily sated thank you very much!!!
Look what we found! (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- The Hard Count by Ginger Scott <— LIVE!! FOOTBALL STAR ALERT! That one up there to the left! Actually this one went live very recently, and I didn’t realize it. YIKES! ‘Cause I just LOVE this author (remember that bully-book, “Wild Reckless“? YES!!!!!) This one sounds angsty and profound and OMG I just LOVE this author!! I want to read this BADLY! They are from two different worlds (her family is wealthy and prestigious, but there’s backstabbing & status is everything)… “In our twisted world, a boy from West End is the only shining light. Quarterback. Hero. Heart. Good. I hated him before I needed him. I fell for him fast. I loved him when it was almost too late. When two ugly worlds collide, even the strongest fall. But my world…it hasn’t met the boy from West End.”
Michelle: “Love this author and this book!”
- Veiled by Karina Halle <— IT’S LIVE!!!!!! KARINA HALLE FANS!!! LOOKIT!!! And if you missed this post, check it out ➜ Karina Halle “Veiled” Cover Reveal (EIT spinoff) & Q&A. The author says:
Karina Halle: “It’s a standalone paranormal romance and a spinoff of EIT. … Yes, it’s about Ada Palomino (all grown up at eighteen, going to college, so it’s technically New Adult)”
- The Drazen World: LUST (Kindle Worlds Novella) by Lola Darling <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT! And Fabi just found it for us and is excited about it!
Fabi: “I don’t see this new one on your list and I’m dying to read it: Lust by Lola Darling”
- Dare to Risk by Kara Nash & Caitlin Ricci <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! “For successful businessman Bran Wilson, selling the large Montana dairy farm that has been in his family for generations is an easy decision. He hates the farm, the land, even the cows, and wants nothing to do with any of it. But there’s a glitch in his plan: a stubborn cowboy from New Zealand who is as sexy as he is aggravating…“
- Fish Out of Water by Amy Lane <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Revolution in Time (Out of Time #10) by Monique Martin <— LIVE!! TIME TRAVEL ALERT!!
- Bully No More by Sam Crescent <— LIVE!! HER EX-BULLY BOOK! “Fat. Cow. Chubby. Chunky. Those were just a few names Kurt had called her growing up. He was her bully, and he didn’t care. One chemistry assignment changed everything. Kim refused to give in to him, so he had no choice but to leave. Ten years later, Kim’s stubbornness gives him the chance to show her that he is no longer her bully…” (these characters appeared in her other book called: Fat – but I *think* they each read as standalones.)
- Fat by Sam Crescent <— SHE WANTS TO LOSE WEIGHT & HE WANTS TO HELP HER ALERT!!! I figured I’d post this one too, since it sounds so good! “Elsa Quinn has been bullied for being fat all her life. On the start of her new year of school, she makes a decision. She is going to lose weight. Elsa joins a gym out of town to ensure it’s top secret...”
- 1986: Why Can’t This Be Love (Love in the 80s Book 7) by R.K. Ryals <— LIVE!! This series sounds like so much fun (each book is about a “new adult” romance in the 80’s and written by a different author – each one reads as a standalone) “Spring break her junior year is supposed to be Tori Allen’s chance to catch the eye of wicked hot Corey Sanders, the bouncer at The Cube, an eighteen and under club. Only what should have been a night to remember turns into a grody tryst that chases her into the arms of inner city boy, Dylan Black.”
- Crushing on Cooper (Camp Firefly Falls Book 3) by Violet Vaughn <— LIVE!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT! “Cooper Marshall spent the last decade as the golden boy of snowboarding winning multiple Olympic medals. When he decides to settle down and take a suit-and-tie job, he’s sent on a retreat to Camp Firefly Falls. More than fond memories of the camp await him, and he discovers his childhood crush that got away…”
- One by Jewel E Ann <— LIVE!!! SPINOFF OF THE JACK & JILL SERIES ALERT!! Marina went CRAZY for this series and she’s so excited for this new release! (P.S. Here is the Jack & Jill Series Reading Order)
marina: I hope you can hear me screaming READ IT!!!!! I keep thinking to myself… maybe I’m building it up.? But no, I can confidently say that I’m not. You will breeze through all 3 and then definitely want to read the new one too! I PROMISE you! In fact once I finish Broken Prince today, I’m going to do a reread through of the parts of Jack and Jill Series, in particular those with the characters who are in the new book coming tomorrow, One. Yay!!! 🙂
Linda: Agreed Marina!!! Jack and Jill series and anything else written by Jewel E. Ann is the best!!!! Automatic. Go. To. Read. For. Me!!!! Cannot wait for One!!!
Rebecca: I’m already reading “One” and thinking- if Maryse doesn’t read Jack and Jill I just don’t know what I’m going to do! READ ITTTTTTTTTTTT!
- Air Awakens (Air Awakens Series Book 1) by Elise Kova <— FANTASY ROMANCE ALERT! Danylle couldn’t put it down!
Danylle: “Hi Maryse, I have another book to recommend. It’s called Air Awakens (Air Awakens Series) by Elise Kova. Its the first book in a series of 5… Air Awakens has the perfect blend of fantasy and romance. This book is amazing. I’ve become increasingly picky about which books I purchase, but this book was a no-brainer. I one clicked, then spent most of my day engrossed in the book.”
- Bossman by Vi Keeland <— #1 NYT BEST SELLER ALERT!!! And yes it’s back on the list ’cause that’s something to celebrate and so many here LOVED it, too!
Jean: reading Bossman by Vi Keeland right now….it’s really good and H is really loveable!
Fabi: Finished Bossman. 5 stars for me. Vi Keeland wrote the perfect boyfriend. I need to put her books in my feel-good category. They never fail to make me happy.
Linda: Bossman and Cream of the Crop equally perfect. 5*!!!!!!
Candace: Just finished this and it was wonderful!
- Thoughtful (Thoughtless) by S.C. Stephens <— KELLAN KYLE/ROCK STAR/ANGSTY-EST LOVE TRIANGLE IN THE WORLD ALERT!!!! This is HIS book… and it’s super-bargain priced. “Kiera is the kind of girl Kellan has no business wanting-smart, sweet, and dating his best friend. Certain he could never be worthy of her love, he hides his growing attraction . . . until Kiera’s own tormented heart hints that his feelings might not be one-sided…“
Leslie: My fave I read in April was Thoughtful. Aaaaaaaaah….Kellan *swoon* Kyle. It took me this long to get courage to read it and it gutted me. I can’t even express in words how much I freaking love him. I think I need therapy because he is real in my mind.
Cheryl: Just finished Thoughtful *sigh Kellan*
- This Man (This Man Trilogy Book 1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas <— BROODING BULLY BILLIONAIRE ALERT!!! and it’s on super bargain!! SO MANY both hated and LOVED this “hero” and are hooked because of him.
Lisa: If we’re ‘I licked so he’s mine’ with book boyfriends I’ve hot dibs on Jesse from This Man. Total head#$%&. Contraceptive hiding, control-freakery, bordering on sociopathic and at times begging for a nutpunch. But I couldn’t get enough.
Jean: Love This Man series! It seriously does not get the credit it deserves!
Leila: This Man is amazing!! Jesse Ward (the protagonist) is soooo Hot and he’s full of secrets and surprises and the novel has a very good plot along with numerous steamy hot scenes. He had me hooked from start to finish. MUST READ!!
- First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson Book 1) by Darynda Jones <— FUNNY PARANORMAL AND EVERYONE THAT READS IT LOVES IT ALERT! Theresa found two that she loved!!
Theresa: “First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones…..SOOOOOOOOO GOOD! The h in this series is smart, sassy, and witty! The storyline is intriguing and engaging. The H is SEXY (All CAPS necessary!!!) and definitely dangerous (who knew evil could be so heavenly)! I look forward to reading the rest of this series…I am HOOKED!”
- The Problem with Forever (Harlequin Teen) by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT ALERT! Theresa is LOVING this one!!
Theresa: “The Problem with Forever by Jennifer Armentrout….I am a little over 50% mark and I am loving it! A beautiful and captivating story about survival, love, and discovering one’s true strength. The h and H have an amazing connection and steamy chemistry…definitely YA but due to the issues they face reads almost like a New Adult. I highly recommend this read! Enjoy!”
- Curio and the Curio Vignettes by Cara McKenna <— CARA MCKENNA RE-RELEASES!!! MALE ESCORT ALERT!! Wheeee!!! You know a Cara McKenna version of the “male escort story” will have a certain depth and integrity to it that’s more than just a steam-fest. I went crazy for some of these older Cara McKenna books, but they were with a publisher, and priced a little high so I didn’t get to read them all. She has since gotten her rights back, and has created complete series bundles at a bargain price and NOW. NOWWWWWW I get to finish ’em. OMG the Curios series. I fell HARD for book #1 (a virgin that hires a male escort – in Paris – to help her), and it twisted pretty nicely along the way! *ooooomph* and the “vignettes” well… those were the ones I wanted to read badly to see what happened, and now I get to! 😀 (P.S. Here’s my 4.5 star review!!)
Sofia: “How about the Curio series by Cara McKenna? He’s a Parisian male prostitute, and she falls in love with him. The story plays out over a few books, and alternates her POV then his as the story develops. They are beautiful and heart wrenching :-)”
Kelli: “…the series will forever be one of my top 3 personal favorites. The scene in Curio in which Didier *spoiler*, stands as one of the most intimate scenes I’ve ever read in an erotic romance, and I’ll never forget it. (Common misconception: *not* all erotica is intimate. Cara’s books are excruciatingly so.) …P.s. Fun fact – Cara’s original choice of title for Curio was “Rue des Toits Rouges” … the street on which Didier lives. :)”
- Shivaree: The Complete Series by Cara McKenna <— CARA MCKENNA M/M/F ROMANCE ALERT!! Here’s another Cara McKenna re-releases all bundled beautifully for us to devour! The first one appears to be M/M but then… as the series goes, a woman shows up. Okay yep… totally up my alley and this is one of my fav authors so I am in! “What follows is not a love story. This is a story about an unforeseen attraction that brings a strong, sane man to his knees, and about lovers tangled up in each other too deep to know who’s in control and who’s helpless…”
bev: “Cara Mckenna’s Shivaree books. I have not read the prequel, yet. But in order with prequel is Backwoods, Shivaree, Getaway. I love the way she describes Gabriel and also I think from the little I’ve read of her she is so good at atmosphere… music plays a part. Very atmospheric. Somehow I read the last two but never the first one. I just like that word, Shivaree.”
Jennifer: “I second the recs for Cara Mckenna’s mm novellas! They were great. Backwoods, Shivaree, and Getaway were really good…”
- Once We Were Brothers by Ronald H. Balson <— TWO FRIENDS THAT FIND THEMSELVES ON OPPOSITE SIDES OF THE HOLOCAUST ALERT! Lindsay went crazy for this one!
Lindsay: “Maryse, just read Once We Were Brothers Although not your typical genre, I know you will love it. Couldn’t put it down for anything…”
- Waiting for Wyatt: A Red Dirt Novel by SD Hendrickson <— BLURB-JOLT ALERT!!! SHE FALLS FOR A RECLUSE IN THE WOODS… And it’s super bargain priced! “I saw something different in the broken guy all alone out in the woods. I knew he needed me before he knew it himself. Wyatt with his hidden dimples. Wyatt with his warnings to stay away. He was a hard lump of coal, ready to burn everything around him. The more he burned, the more it pulled me into the pain I saw etched on his troubled face. I wanted to help Wyatt. I wanted to save him like he had saved all the Charlies in the world. He told me not to fall for him, but I did anyway. I fell hard and fast and deeply in love with Wyatt Caulfield. But that was before I knew his secret…“
Clare: I’ve read this, it’s superb!
Anne: I’ve read 20 books this month and my favorite was Waiting for Wyatt by S.D.Hendrickson… it was beautiful. It was heartbreaking but beautiful all the same. It gave me all the feels. A 5 star read for me.
Jodie: Very good book.
Salma: Loved it!
- Eminent Love by by Leddy Harper <— TEARJERKER ALERT! Back on the list ’cause Kristie LOVED it!!
Kristie: “I don’t usually do this and I haven’t been asked to, I just wanted to reach out about a book that I feel is amazing and isn’t getting the recognition it should Eminent Love by Leddy Harper is AMAZING! Honestly one of the best books I have EVER read, it’s beautiful and heartwarming, it will make you cry, I’m not gonna lie! Lol!”
- Cockpit: A Second Chance Romance by Joanna Blake <— FIGHTER PILOT & THE BABY HE DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT ALERT! AND *OOMPH* WHAT A COVER!!! He’s a fighter pilot and still thinking about the one that got away…”Guess who I run into my first night back? It’s her, my wild-eyed, fiery-haired beauty. Turns out she’s the General’s daughter. But that won’t stop me. I’m persistent and it doesn’t take too long before she’s back in my arms. Only one problem. She’s kept one hell of a secret from me. She had a baby while I was overseas. My baby.” (super-bargain priced!)
- RENEGADE FIRE by Jaxson Kidman <— BIKER ALERT & HE USED TO BULLY HER BUT NOW SHE NEEDS HIS HELP ALERT! And it’s super-bargain priced! “It was years ago when I used to pick on the sort-of-ugly girl that lived across the street from me. She was smart though. She got out of town. Me? I stayed. I’m patched into the Bitter Aces MC and we rule the town of Bishop. Nothing or nobody stands in our way…”
- Kicked by Celia Aaron <— HE’S A COLLEGE FOOTBALL STAR ALERT! AND SHE’S ALSO ON THE TEAM… This one is super-bargain priced today…”I watch him from the sidelines. But I know the real him, the one who broke my heart and pretended I didn’t exist for the past two years. I’m the third-string kicker, the only woman on the team and nothing better than a mascot. Until I’m not. Until I get my chance to earn a full scholarship and join the team as first-string. The only way I’ll make the cut is to accept help from the one man I swore never to trust again…”
- Arsen: Blacktop Blades MC by Kathryn Thomas <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! They found her wandering on the highway… “We picked her up wandering the highway. Something about her made me stop. Made me take a second look. When I found out what happened to her, something inside of me snapped…” and it’s super-bargain priced today!
- The Pagano Family by Susan Fanetti <— MAFIA FAMILY ALERT! Julie found us this bargain!
Julie: Susan Fanetti’s Pagano’s Family series is on sale today. Normally $3.99 each, they are .99 today. I haven’t read any of them yet but loved her Signal Bend series.
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! 😀 )
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – Parts I & II (Special Rehearsal Edition): The Official Script Book of the Original West End Production by J.K. Rowling – July 31st 2016
- Day Zero (The Arcana Chronicles) by Kresley Cole – August 1st 2016
- Before the Dawn: A Novella by Karina Halle – August 2nd 2016
- Sugar Rush: A Sugar Bowl Novel by Sawyer Bennett – August 2nd 2016
- Tied to His Betrayal: A Dirty Little Secrets Novel by Stacey Kennedy – August 2nd 2016
- Dragonmark (Dark-Hunter Novels) by Sherrilyn Kenyon – August 2nd 2016
- Flight from Mayhem: Fly by Night by Yasmine Galenorn – August 2nd 2016
- Full of Briars: An October Daye Short Story by Seanan McGuire – August 2nd 2016
- Secrets at Midnight: A Psy-Changeling (A Psy-Changeling Novel) by Nalini Singh – August 2nd 2016
- Dark Carousel (Carpathian Novel, A) by Christine Feehen – August 2nd 2016
- Night Owl, The Complete Collection (The Night Owl Trilogy) by M. Pierce – August 2nd 2016
- It Ends with Us: A Novel by Colleen Hoover <— August 2nd 2016 – NEW ONE FROM COLLEEN HOOVER!!
- Exiled: A Madame X Novel by Jasinda Wilder – August 2nd 2016
- Blood of the Earth: A Soulwood Novel by Faith Hunter – August 2nd 2016
- Dragonmark (Dark-Hunter Novels) by Sherrilyn Kenyon – August 2nd 2016
- Dare To Stay: The Sons of Steel Row by Jen McLaughlin – August 2nd 2016
- Oxygen Deprived (Kilgore Fire Book 3) by Lani Lynn Vale – August 4th 2016
- ➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).