HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!! Today’s Friday Finds list is extra large because there were a ton of new releases that just went live that sound good, plus of course, some reader recommendations. 😀 SO much to choose from!
TODAY’S BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST 😀 !!
- 1 year ago today, these were Rebecca’s favorites! Reader Favorites – Rebecca’s Top Books of 2019 List
- 2 years ago tomorrow, we made this awesome list! And it just got updated last month. 😀 Reader Recommended Interracial Romance Books
- 3 years ago yesterday, I reviewed this highly recommended comedy romance! Book Review – Worth It by S.M. Shade and C.M. Owens
- 4 years ago today, I 4.5 STAR LOVED this one!! Book Review – Egomaniac by Vi Keeland
- 5 years ago yesterday, I 5 STAR LOVED this one!! The perfect amount of everything (and the laughs were SO good) Book Review – The Score by Elle Kennedy
- 10 years ago today, I 5-STAR WENT CRAZY for this book. AND my book buddy and I had a discussion about it! Book Review – Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning and Shadowfever – A Discussion.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
➔➔➔ AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP 😲 3 months FREE US, Canada and UK!! 😀 OMG BEST DEAL YET ON THIS (for new members only) US, Canada and UK!!! I wish I could get in on this one…
- A Vow Of Hate: An Arranged Marriage Romance by Lylah James <— LIVE!!! ARRANGED MARRIAGE ALERT!! BLURB JOLT! “...Our story began like any other fairy tale ended. With a beautiful wedding. One kiss. Two rings. Three vows. Killian Spencer became my lawfully wedded husband and I, his dutiful wife. But he was no Prince Charming. He didn’t come to save me… and he vowed there would be no happily ever after. And me? Just like the legends I’d read as a little girl, I always thought I’d be the princess in my fairy tale. Well, I was the villain of our love story...”
- Lyric & the Heartbeats by Lana Kole <— LIVE!!
- Huntress’s Pack: The Complete Collection: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Box Set by Eva Brandt <— SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!!
- Throne of Power: An Arranged Marriage Mafia Romance (Throne Duet Book 1) by Rina Kent <— LIVE!! ARRANGED MARRIAGE ALERT!! “In the mafia world, women don’t reign. I’m the exception of that rule. I didn’t choose this life, it chose me. I have a legacy to protect, a power to snatch, and no one will stop me. If an arranged marriage is what it’ll take to lead, then so be it. What I don’t count on is that my chosen husband is a ghost from my past. Kyle Hunter. He was once my guard, my protector. Now, he’s after my kingdom…”
- What We Leave Behind by Linda Oaks <— LIVE!!
- Un-Kidnap Me: Billionaire Alpha Age Gap Romance (DOM for Hire Book 1) by Hazel Parker <— LIVE!!
- Royals Series: King of Wall Street, Duke of Manhattan, The British Knight, The Earl of London, Park Avenue Prince by Louise Bay <— KATHY FOUND US THIS SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!! Get all FIVE multi-USA Today bestselling books!
Kathy: Just saw that Louise Bay has a book bundle called the Royal Series. Five books for .99! I had 2 of the books but grabbed the bundle.
- Marvelous May by Kirsten Osbourne <— LIVE!! THE DOCTOR & THE SHY GIRL ALERT! “…The second of the Calendar triplets, May is a quiet, critter-loving woman who enjoys being around her family but has issues with strangers. When she goes to the doctor for yet another animal-related injury, she is surprised to see the grown-up version of the little boy she did everything with from her first day in kindergarten to her last day of high school…”
- Unwritten: A High School Bully Romance: The Longlake Duet, Book 1 by Hattie Jude <— LIVE!!
- Rescue Me: An uplifting romantic comedy perfect for dog-lovers by Sarra Manning <— LIVE!!
- Crashing East (The Save Me Series Book 4) by Aly Stiles <— LIVE!! HER ROCK STAR NEIGHBOR/ENEMIES-TO-LOVERS ALERT!! “...Personal Assistant Hadley Crawford was already against her boss’s decision to front a new band with a disgraced ex-rocker. Imagine her surprise when Viv’s new bandmate is also the arrogant jerk from upstairs. So what if he’s talented, hot, and captivating? People resist unhealthy attractions all the time...”
- By the Numbers (Love Logic Book 3) by K.M. Neuhold <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- The New Next One by Ryan Taylor and Joshua Harwood <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- His Billionaire: A Contemporary MM Romance Bundle by CJ Turner <— M/M ROMANCE SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!!
- MONY ENJOYED ALL OF THESE: P.S. Sidenote from Maryse: I’ve read a couple like “About Last Night” (here’s my Book Review) and “The Opposite of You” (here’s my Book Review) and I LOVED THEM!!
❄️☃️ An eclectic list – some reads in December & January ☃️❄️
“Truly” by indie writer Ruthie Knox. A stand-out book – particularly in the first half. I love the MCs…grumpy ex-chef and lovely Wisconsin “milkmaid” set in NYC. Lovely slow seduction & story. 5★
“About Last Night” by Ruthie Knox. Crazy, trying-to-get-it-together ex-goth young woman meets really-something “Mr. City” Set in London. LOL 5★
“The Spymaster’s Lady“ by Joanna Bourne – loved this one!..stellar HR..epic-ish so you need time to read this novel. Slow enemies-to-lovers seduction. 5★ Will be reading The Black Hawk next in the series…Adrian 🔥
“The Not-Outcast” by Tijan – A great heroine who copes with mild FASD which makes her quirky & interesting…plus her brother’s best friend, a wonderful NFL book boyfriend, some unique aspects, a good read 4★
“The Opposite of You” by Rachel Higginson – a great re-read about a food truck girl and a hot chef…love this book…just as good as before! 4★
“Deception” (Vampires of America)” by D.B. Reynolds- another great Raphael & Cyn book in the series. Raphael continues his sensual ways, mannerisms and dialogue. gah. I would have given it a 5 rating but too much sex. 🤦♀️ 😂 – 4★
Thanks Jan for recommending first 3 books! 💞
- Reckless Reunion (The Reckless Rockstar Series) by Samantha Christy <— LIVE!! A ONE NIGHT STAND & HE THOUGHT SHE WAS THE ONE BUT… “…Six years ago, she was just some stranger I woke up next to. By nightfall, I knew she was the one. Or so I thought. Six months later, she destroyed me. And now, we’re being forced into a reunion neither of us wants. We may have to play nice, but when the lights are off … so are our masks…”
- Lyrics on the Wind (Lost Kings MC Book 17) by Autumn Jones Lake <— LIVE!!
- Maverick: An MC Romance Novel (Guardians Of Mayhem MC Book 9) by Hope Stone <— LIVE!!
- Triple Duty: A military reverse harem by Katie Douglas <— LIVE!!
- The Push: A Novel by Ashley Audrain <— PSYCH-THRILLER BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE TASHA J RECOMMENDS IT EVEN THOUGH IT WAS DARK & DEPRESSING!
Tasha J: Ok, I finished The Push. Whew. That was depressing. Lol. It really takes a lot out of you, honestly. I’d recommend it. I’m not sure if I’d give it 5⭐️ Or 4 or maybe 4.5. I need to think on it.
It read super fast, but really was quite dark. In an emotional sort of way rather than creepy for me. I’m angered with characters actions or lack there of. Confused a little bit on maybe what I’m turning around in my mind, but probably isn’t even part of the story. I wish the ending wasn’t so abrupt. And so sad, the story. For all of the characters.
It was told in an interesting way. I’m not good with 1st/2nd/3rd person, but this was written like, “you.” “You this and you that” and I was envisioning her speaking through the manuscript she’d written in the beginning of the story, her version of events. But it’s also written with “I”s. I wasn’t confused, but I liked the way it’s written. Like, her perspective, but told to him. I guess. 😂
- The Dead King by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff <— LIVE!! MIMI JEAN PAMFILOFF ALERT!! “…When a large metal box washes ashore after a hurricane, Jeni Arnold’s construction crew has no idea what to make of the dead guy inside. Who put the poor man in there? Was it murder or something else? All questions for the police to solve. Unfortunately, their hands are full, dealing with the hurricane’s fallout. Then Jeni is attacked leaving work. She knows the perpetrator, but not the mysterious man who stops him dead…”
- Wreak Havoc: A Reverse Harem Enemies-to-Lovers Romance (Black Rose Kisses Book 3) by Eva Ashwood <— LIVE!!
- Cowboy Cop (Cowboy Confidential Book 1) by Lori Wilde and Kristin Eckhardt <— LIVE!!
- Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi <— ANGELICA IS LOVING THIS SERIES! P.S. Here’s the reading order including all of the novellas.
Angelica: Just started reading these I’m on destroy me and I love it so far it took me one day to read shatter me and I just bought the remainder of the books can’t wait to read more
Lizzi3: gosh I love these books so much, they’re so good.
Sun: These books are the best and for the record I am Team Adam no matter what…Some will agree and other will disagree but I just love Juliette and Adam
Jessie: is it important to read the novellas? I started reading the first two books – shatter me and unvavel me to then find out that there were novellas.
Abby: I would read the novellas. They offer some helpful insight on the characters and especially Warner in destroy me
- Cole (Hunting Her) by Eden Summers <— LIVE!! MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!! “...I fell for the enemy. A man whose actions resembled the devil so closely it was sickening. But I learned from my mistakes. At least I thought I had. Until I’m tempted back into his life with a case I can’t refuse...”
- Acting Up (Center Stage Book 1) by Adele Buck <— LIVE!!
- Bound: A Dark Romance (Vow of Revenge Book 3) by Darcy Rose <— LIVE!!
- Shattered Heart: A Single Dad Romantic Suspense by Lara Norman <— LIVE!!
- Mr Right Across the Street: The perfect escape for lockdown and from one flat to another share in the most feel good romantic comedy of 2021! (The Kathryn Freeman Romcom Collection, Book 4) by Kathryn Freeman <— LIVE!!
- Ghost on the Shore (Blackbird Series Book 3) by Lily Foster <— LIVE!! IT’S ALL WRONG… “…After all these years, I don’t know if I come here for you, if I come here looking for forgiveness, or if I come here trying to find myself. I’ve told so many lies, kept so much of myself hidden that I feel like an imposter in this life I’ve built. I’ve got my dream job, I’ve got family—even got myself a good man. But it’s all wrong. It’s like living in a house of cards with a hurricane bearing down on you...” Can be read as a standalone!
- Afterlife Saga by Stephanie Hudson <— AMY RECOMMENDS THIS SERIES!
Amy: I have been reading Stephanie Hudson’s Afterlife Saga and love it. Give it a try. Lot’s of suspense and drama with Supernaturals
Robyn: Afterlife is one of the best PNR series out there!
Melissa: This is my favorite series ever. I love the afterlife saga. It really is a must read you will find there is no turning back once you are into it
- The Hate Vow: A Dark Enemies to Lovers Romance by C. Hallman <— LIVE!! SHE USED TO THINK SHE WAS BETTER THAN HIM BUT NOW SHE’S HIT ROCK BOTTOM… “…I hated her from the moment we met. My hate has only grown over the years. I lost everything because of her, went to jail and became the man I am today. So, when she shows up at my club, unable to repay her debt, I can’t believe my luck. She owes me more than the five grand, and I’m going to enjoy making her pay…”
- Bound by Consequences (Ravage MC Bound Series Book 7): A Motorcycle Club Romance (Ravage #16) by Ryan Michele <— LIVE!!
- Black Shadow Security: The Full Five-Book Collection by Mazzy King
- Deep Woods by Helena Newbury <— KATHY FOUND US THIS ONE! RECLUSIVE & IN HIS CABIN, & HE FINDS HER...
Kathy: I might have missed it on your list but Helena Newbury has a new book called Deep Woods out today on KU. I think someone had Alaska Wild on her best of 2020. …My bad. It release on Jan. 2.
Maryse: YAY!!! Oh that looks good and I’m a sucker for reclusive Heroes. 😉 I’ll add it to this week’s Friday Finds!! 🙂
- Puck’s Property: A Bad Boy Biker Romance (The Demon Squad MC Book 5) by Monique Moreau <— LIVE!!
- Keeping Score: A Sports Romance by Dee Lagasse <— LIVE!!
- My Kind of Love: a Military Romance (Finding Love Book 1) by Nikki Ash <— LIVE!! LOVE AFTER LOSS BUT HE CAN’T BE A PART OF HER FUTURE!! “...unlike the fairy tale, it ended with me standing in the cemetery, watching my prince get lowered into the ground, along with all our dreams. Now he’s gone and I’m lost. Until an impromptu trip to my family’s beach house has me spending time with Ryan. With his help, I’m learning to live again and make plans for the future. The only problem is, we both know they can’t include him. So, when our time is up, we do the only thing we can do—go our separate ways...”
- Control: A Driven World Novel (The Driven World) by Tracie Delaney <— LIVE!!
- Deviant Prince: A Forbidden bad boy Mafia Romance. (Born to Darkness Duet Book 1) by Claire C. Riley & Ellie Meadows <— LIVE!! SHE’S MARRIED BUT HE WANTS HER ANWYAY!! “…He has everything he could desire. And more. Until he meets her. Marisha Zolotov. She’s off limits. She’s married to one of his father’s powerful business associates. She’s forbidden. But that doesn’t mean Alexander will take no for an answer. He’s used to getting what he wants, and he isn’t about to let her marriage get in his way...”
- Hunter by Riley Kane <— LIVE!! HE SAW HER & DECIDED SHE WOULD BE HIS!!
- This Isn’t Goodbye by K.R. Reese <— LIVE!!
- LIFE OF DEBAUCHERY : Enemy’s Little Sister/Rock Star Romance by M. Robinson <— SUPER-BARGAIN DUET BUNDLE ALERT!!! “...No one saw through her looking glass. No one cared. No one tried. Until the villain presented himself as the hero in her life. He took and took and took some more. With no regret. With no shame. With no apology…“
Rae: I’ve just finished life of debauchery duet by M Robinson. I loved it Maryse. It’s very typical M Robinson but I thought her writing this time was deeper, had a real warmth to it.
It’s a bit of a taboo read as it also tells the story of child hood crush to adult woman. Age gap around 12 years but for me it worked and it was my kind of read.
- Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage <— AWESOME PSYCH-THRILLER SALE ALERT!! I read & enjoyed it, and if you love domestic psych-thrillers featuring a creepy child… this is for you!! P.S. Here’s my book review.
Tasha J: Maryse, Baby Teeth is on sale today. I thought I remembered you loving this one. I’m seeing a ton of reviews comparing and contrasting that and The Push. Some love one, some the other. Some say they’re super alike, some say no way.
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- The Invitation by Vi Keeland <— I’m reading this one and enjoying it!!! Here’s the audiobook.
- The Segonian: Aldebarian Alliance Series, Book 2 by Dianne Duvall
- Throne of Power: An Arranged Marriage Mafia Romance by Rina Kent
- Wins & Losses by Alexandra Warren
- Oops! by Alexandra Warren
- Hate Thy Neighbor by S.M. Soto
- Filthy: An Age Gap, Anti-Hero, Mafia Romance: The Five Points’ Mob Collection, Book 1 by Serena Akeroyd
- Date Me Like You Mean It by R.S. Grey
- Always Alex by Robin Alexander
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Outlands by Tyler Edwards – January 24th 2021
- Lock&Load (PASS Series Book 3) by Freya Barker – January 25th 2021
- If I Disappear by Eliza Jane Brazier – January 26th 2021
- Driven (Deep Ops Book 4) by Rebecca Zanetti – January 26th 2021
- The Ex Talk by Rachel Lynn Solomo – January 26th 2021
- My Beautiful Sin (Fallen Saint Series Book 2) by J. Kenner – January 26th 2021
- A Vow So Bold and Deadly (The Cursebreaker Series) by Brigid Kemmerer – January 26th 2021
- Damon: Brethren of the Lost Book 2 by V.R. Paille – January 26th 2021
- Hate Me : A Stepbrother Bully Romance by Ashley Jade – January 28th 2021
- Loving Rosenfeld by Leighann Hart – January 28th 2021
- Laces (Boys of Hawthorne Asylum) by Tempi Lark – January 31st 2021
- Reclaimed (Shadow Beast Shifters Book 2) by Jaymin Eve – February 1st 2021
- Still Standing (Wild West MC Series Book 1) by Kristen Ashley – February 2nd 2021
- This Close to Okay: A Novel by Leesa Cross-Smith – February 2nd 2021
- The Four Winds: A Novel by Kristin Hanna – February 2nd 2021
- How To Save A Life by P. Dangelico – February 2nd 2021
- The Hunt (By Kiss and Claw Book 2) by Melissa Haag – February 2nd 2021
- Girls with Bright Futures: A Novel by Tracy Dobmeier – February 2nd 2021
- The Project: A Novel by Courtney Summers – February 2nd 2021
- A Book A Day Presents: Color Theory by Renita McKinney, A.M. Kusi, Anne Welch, Arden Aoide, Kenna Rey, Blair Babylon, Carmen Cook, CA Miconi, Danielle Pearl, Eden Butler – February 2nd, 2021
- Girl A: A Novel by Abigail Dean – February 2nd 2021
- A Stranger in Town (Casey Duncan Novels Book 6) by Kelley Armstrong – February 2nd 2021
- All the Tides of Fate (All the Stars and Teeth Duology Book 2) by Adalyn Grace – February 2nd 2021
- Much Ado About You by Samantha Young – February 2nd 2021
- The Survivors: A Novel by Jane Harper – February 2nd 2021
- Until Then (Cape Harbor Book 2) by Heidi McLaughlin – February 2nd 2021
- The Bookworm’s Guide to Flirting (The Bookworm’s Guide, #3) by Emma Hart – February 2nd 2021
- Faithless in Death: An Eve Dallas Novel by J.D. Robb – February 2nd 2021
- The Project: A Novel by Courtney Summers – February 2nd 2021
- Endless Love: A Billionaire Romance (Forever Us Book 3) by Bianca Borell – February 4th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!