HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!! I’ll be working on my own “Best of 2020” list over the weekend (I need to contemplate… LOL!!) to end January off with my favorites list!! In the meantime,
I’ve got a bunch of recommendations to add to THIS list, so keep checking back ’cause I’m not done yet. <— YAY!! IT’S DONE (unless someone sends me another book to add). 😉
<— P.S. THIS IS SUPER-BARAIN PRICED TODAY!!!!
TODAY’S BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST 😀 !!
- 1 year ago today, we were still posting “Best of the Year” lists! Reader Favorites – Rochelle’s Top Books of 2019 List
- 2 years ago, I reviewed this super-angsty love triangle! Book Review – When Ashes Fall by Marni Mann
- 3 years ago yesterday, I reviewed this psych-thriller! Book Review – Unhinge by Calia Read
- 4 years ago tomorrow, these were Nancy’s favorites! Reader Favorites – Nancy’s Top Book Reads for the Year 2016
- 4 years ago today, I 5-STAR WENT CRAZY for this one. SOOOO GOOOOD!! Book Review – Mists of The Serengeti by Leylah Attar
- 5 years ago today, and tomorrow, I loved both of these books!!! Book Review – Low by Mary Elizabeth <— CRAZY!!! and Book Review – The Baller by Vi Keeland
- 6 years ago today, I 4.5 STAR LOVED this Stockholm Syndrome/Kidapped read!!! MUST READ!! Book Review – Still Missing by Chevy Stevens
- 7 years ago today, we made this list!! We love this trope! Younger Man, Older Woman Romance Book List
- 7 years ago tomorrow, I 5-STAR LOVED this one, and it still remains one of my forever FAVORITES! A total standout!! Book Review – Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan
- 10 years ago today, I started this series, and while I didn’t go crazy for book #1, this series got CRAZY!! Kind of risqué for a YA… Book Review – Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- Sorrow by Tiffanie DeBartolo <— OMGOMGOMG YOU GUYS!!!!!! THIS RECENT RELEASE is SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED AS. WE. SPEAK!!! *thud* I reviewed it, too AND I interviewed the author!!! 😀
Michelle: I read this last month. Very good
Maryse: What a twist right? I didn’t see “that part” coming.
Wendy: am reading this now…Twist ? lol am scared
Maryse: Keeeeeep reading!!
JoAnna: THANK YOU!
- Hate Me : A Stepbrother Bully Romance by Ashley Jade <— BULLY BOOK ALERT!! “…The bully you can’t run away from. I’m the tormentor who makes your life a living hell. The villain you love to hate. I’m the vicious monster sleeping in the next room. The one who knows all your secrets. And I’ll stop at nothing to make you pay…”
- Home Plate (Easton U Pirates Book 2) by Christina Lee <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Royal Mess (Devil’s Knights 2nd Generation Book 3) by Winter Travers
- Cotton Candy Melt: Haret Chronicles Qilin: A Fantasy Romance (Sugar Bites Book 4) by Laurel Chase
- Misdeeds: A Vigilance Series Story by Silvia Violet
- LINDA RECOMMENDS THESE!!
Linda: Happy Friday everyone!! I recently posted a few recommendations but I think I’m always commenting at the last minute and therefore not noticed. So I’m posting again since I loved these reads so much. They’re all very different but devoured each one.
- Not What I Expected by Jewel E Ann (automatic author click and never disappoints)
- Unfaithful by Natalie Barelli
- Our Darkest Night by Jennifer Robson
- Every Last Secret by A.R. Torre (just finished this read and WOW)
Now on to The Finish Line!! Cannot wait!!
Maryse: YAY LINDA!! I’m adding them now!!! 🙂 Perfect timing my friend!
- In Five Years by Rebecca Serle <— MICHELLES IS LOVING THIS ONE!
MichelleS: Hey all! I am in the middle of the BEST book… I am sure it will end up on my Best of 2021 list. If you read it, don’t tell me how it ends!!! It’s one of those that keeps you up reading late… because you have NO IDEA where it is going. Love it! In Five Years, by Rebecca Serle.
The H is a total type A personality. Her life is going exactly as planned. Until she wakes up one night and is NOT in her perfect life… or is she? And how does she go on when she is BACK in her real life? Oh boy. The twists are awesome, and I have no idea where it’s headed.
R. Renee: Thank you! I’ve been struggling with what to read next! just downloaded from my library!
Maryse: TWISTS YOU SAY?? Oh THIS SOUNDS GREAT!!!! Thank you MichelleS. My type of book!!!!
R. Renee: I’m almost 30% into In Five Years and loving it. I have no idea where it’s going. It’s just a fun ride so far!
- Deep Woods by Helena Newbury <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE NANCY 5-STARRED IT!!
Nancy: I have been a fan of Helena Newbury’s action-packed romance books, ever since I read her ALASKA WILD. Which was on my 2020 Best Books List.
After reading her new book, DEEP WOODS, it is the first book on my 2021 Best Books List. If you are a fan of constant action from the first page till the last, then this is a book for you.
…He was a recluse in a wild forest and she was now under his protection…
- Loving Rosenfeld by Leighann Hart <— FORBIDDEN ALERT!! “…He boycotts the shop upon their refusal to serve him, but returns weeks later and meets Ryleigh, the gorgeous new barista who bore witness to his childish outburst. And while Peter’s initial interest only lies in her cappuccino-making skills, her wit and charm soon have him reeling—but she’s young. Too young. A freshman in college. Or so she says. Ryleigh has him convinced of it until an article runs in his newspaper and reveals her not so innocent lie: she’s a senior in high school…”
- Until Now: Happily Ever Alpha World and Swift Family Crossover by Leslie Pike
- Boy Trouble (The All American Boy Series) by Kaylee Ryan and Lacey Black
- THE COMPLETE TEMPEST WORLD BOX SET: 7 Angsty Rockstar Romance Books by Michelle Mankin <— COMPLETED SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!!! The author says:
Michelle Mankin: 7 full length novels. Amazon/KDP never would link the full length prequel to the completed series, so I just put it all together for my readers, and hopefully I will get some new ones too.
…Each book has an uplifting message: overcoming drug addiction, teen pregnancy, domestic violence, suicide and how it affects those left behind, anorexia and dyslexia. My heroines are imperfect but in the end, love overcomes all.
- Before She Was Mine (Wounded Hearts Book 1) by Amelia Wilde <— HER BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND ALERT!! NANCY 5-STARRED THIS ONE!!
Nancy: I loved this book! My 5* Review: BEFORE SHE WAS MINE was recommended to me by my own husband. I buy so many books for the Kindle and too many stay not read. So I’m glad my husband recommended this one to me. It was really good.
…When she saw him in the waiting room and he was her next client, she ran across the room to hug him. She had noway to know that being in Afghanistan had changed him drastically. He had lost half of his leg and had PTSD that left him with nightmares and trouble sleeping. Since his return home he had made some bad decisions…
- Leith: A Dark Scottish Mafia Romance (Mountain Men) by Jane Henry <— HE HAS TO TAKE HER HOSTAGE!! “…I have to take her hostage. Drag her from her silent, private world, And force her into mine. In my Clan’s enclave deep in the wild Scottish Highlands, no one will find us and our secret will be safe… But I’m not the only one with secrets. Cairstina thinks her silence will protect her…”
- Prince of my Panties (Royal Package) by Lili Valente
- My Forbidden Date: A Brother’s Best Friend Romance by Tara Brent
- Hexes & Hot Flashes: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Romance (The Oracle of Wynter Book 1) by Lisa Manifold
- King of Denial : An Academy Bully Romance (Boys of Almadale Book 3) by Jacie Lennon
- MONY RECOMMENDS THESE (she 5-starred all 3)!!
Some recent reads…needed some lightness…
Worth It by S.M. Shade & C.M. Owens – a fabulous & special quirky read…blends the serious with laugh out loud lines & actions by three close girlfriends. Great hotties. 3rd re-read.:) Highly recommend. 5★+
Two Weeks Notice by Whitney G. – strong stubborn assistant whose intense hot boss won’t let her quit. Well written, lots of chemistry & tension. Just what I needed. (another re-read) 4-5★
The Maddest Obsession (Made, #2) – a very well done and unusual mafia romance. About Christian, an intense witty mafia guy and Gianna, a quirky mafia princess caught up in the bad guy world. The story is great and the dialogue is stellar. Highly recommend, 5★
“Stepson: “Did you …..?”
Gianna: “Honestly, Dick, it’s the Lord’s day. Let’s keep the penetration talk to a minimum.”
Arcane Mage series by T.S Snow was really good.
Also Finding My Home series by Nikita Parmenter.
- Sin City Outlaws Box Set by M. N. Forgy <— FIONA FOUND US THIS DEAL (and recommends these)!
Fiona: Just to let you and your readers know that there are 2 great book collections out at the moment for a steal…
The first is Sin City Outlaws Box Set by M. N. Forgy; you know how I love my MC books; well this author is just great; she has been writing MC books for a number of years now and I would have a lot of them;
there are 5 full length books in total here sharing the lives, loves of this MC club; a great author; would thoroughly recommend and such a steal!!
- Camorra Chronicles Collection Volume 1 by Cora Reilly <— FIONA ALSO FOUND US THIS DEAL and she highly recommends them!
Fiona: Another steal at the moment for the same prize is the Camorra Chronicles Collection Volume 1 by Cora Reilly another great author; I also love my mafia/ cartel books and this again I cannot recommend enough that you read; and get your hands on;
there are 3 books here “Twisted Loyalties; Twisted Emotions and Twisted Pride”; this is interlinked with Cora’s other great mafia series Born in Blood but you don’t necessarily have to have read this series;
but what storylines such angst, heartbreak, kidnapping, violence; sexual chemistry with the H & H’s, babies, families, brotherhood; its all here!
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- The Hitman’s Guide to Tying the Knot Without Getting Shot: The Hitman’s Guide 3 by Alice Winters
- Wild Like Us: Like Us, Book 8 by Krista Ritchie & Becca Ritchie
- Filthy: An Age Gap, Anti-Hero, Mafia Romance: The Five Points’ Mob Collection, Book 1 by Serena Akeroyd
- Behind the Pine Curtain by Gerri Hill
- The Camp by Penelope Sky
- Crash: Clark Family, Book 3 by Evelyn Sola
- Luke: Bossy Brothers, Book 7 by JA Huss
- Studly Period by Sarina Bowen
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Laces (Boys of Hawthorne Asylum) by Tempi Lark – January 31st 2021
- Reclaimed (Shadow Beast Shifters Book 2) by Jaymin Eve – February 1st 2021
- Still Standing (Wild West MC Series Book 1) by Kristen Ashley – February 2nd 2021
- This Close to Okay: A Novel by Leesa Cross-Smith – February 2nd 2021
- The Four Winds: A Novel by Kristin Hanna – February 2nd 2021
- How To Save A Life by P. Dangelico – February 2nd 2021
- The Hunt (By Kiss and Claw Book 2) by Melissa Haag – February 2nd 2021
- Girls with Bright Futures: A Novel by Tracy Dobmeier – February 2nd 2021
- The Project: A Novel by Courtney Summers – February 2nd 2021
- A Book A Day Presents: Color Theory by Renita McKinney, A.M. Kusi, Anne Welch, Arden Aoide, Kenna Rey, Blair Babylon, Carmen Cook, CA Miconi, Danielle Pearl, Eden Butler – February 2nd, 2021
- Girl A: A Novel by Abigail Dean – February 2nd 2021
- A Stranger in Town (Casey Duncan Novels Book 6) by Kelley Armstrong – February 2nd 2021
- All the Tides of Fate (All the Stars and Teeth Duology Book 2) by Adalyn Grace – February 2nd 2021
- Much Ado About You by Samantha Young – February 2nd 2021
- The Survivors: A Novel by Jane Harper – February 2nd 2021
- Until Then (Cape Harbor Book 2) by Heidi McLaughlin – February 2nd 2021
- The Bookworm’s Guide to Flirting (The Bookworm’s Guide, #3) by Emma Hart – February 2nd 2021
- Faithless in Death: An Eve Dallas Novel by J.D. Robb – February 2nd 2021
- The Project: A Novel by Courtney Summers – February 2nd 2021
- Endless Love: A Billionaire Romance (Forever Us Book 3) by Bianca Borell – February 4th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!