NOTE: I’M POSTING THIS ONE DAY EARLY (on Thursday – I know… I know… 😉 ) ’cause TOO MANY AWESOME RELEASES JUST WENT LIVE today – Thursday!!). Karina Halle, Claire Contreras, Meghan Quinn, Maya Hughes, Rina Kent etc etc… trilogy conclusions that are already bestsellers, today too!
PLUS!!! Today’s list is extra special ’cause I’m featuring the responses I received in a question I posted on my Facebook page.
Maryse: What’s everyone reading right now? How are you liking/loving it?
Feel free to leave your answer here, and check out what everyone is loving (all sorts of genres and tropes!). 😉 I love knowing what everyone is into right now.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- Stolen Peach: a forbidden romance (Forbidden Fruit) by Eve Cates <— LIVE/FRIDAY!! FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT!! OMG YOU GUYS!! THIS SOUNDS LIKE IT MIGHT HAVE THAT THOUGHTLESS FEEL!! Her boyfriend’s best friend is now their roommate… ooooooooooh!!!! “…It feels like the perfect start to our happily ever after. Until I meet my new roommate—Josh’s childhood friend, Dylan Thompson. He’s a tattoo artist with that devil-may-care, bad-boy vibe going for him. He’s moody AF, and every time he looks at me, I get a really strange feeling deep inside. Like he’s looking right at my soul or something. It’s unsettling, and I’m grateful that our schedules don’t align, so he’s hardly ever home when I am….”
- Dirty Secret by Crystal Kaswell <— LIVE!!!
- Malice by Coralee June <— LIVE!!!
- Bright Midnight: A Second-Chance Romance by Karina Halle <— LIVE/THURSDAY!! KARINA HALLE ALERT!! HE ONCE BROKE HER HEART & SHE DOESN’T WANT TO RUN INTO HIM!! “…After years of bartending her way across Europe, Shay Lavji has seen almost everything the continent has to offer, but there’s one country she hasn’t crossed off her bucket list yet: Norway. It’s not that she doesn’t want to visit the land of the midnight sun–far from it; she’s obsessed with the culture and is dying to see the majestic fjords for herself. What she’s not dying to do is run into her Norwegian ex-boyfriend, Anders Johansson, who broke her heart in America eight years ago..”
- Whiskey on the Rocks (Rebel Vipers MC Book 1) by Jessa Aarons <— LIVE/THURSDAY!!!
- The Offer: A fake relationship sports romance (London Players Book 1) by Becca Steele <— LIVE!!!
- Coached (Hunter’s Heroes Book 1) by Hunter Rose <— LIVE!!!
- The Heartbreaker by Claire Contreras <— LIVE/THURSDAY!!! CLAIRE CONTRERAS ALERT!! SHE’S BEEN AVOIDING HIM SINCE THEIR FLING & NOW HE’S HER ROOMMATE!! “...Unable to face the consequences of what we’d done, if we were ever in close quarters, I ran in the other direction. If we were coincidentally put in the same class, I dropped it. Avoidance was the name of the game and so far I was winning. That is, until we’re assigned the same co-ed apartment. Living with Jagger during my last semester was definitely not in my plans…”
- The Hate of Loving You (Falling Trilogy) by Maya Hughes <— LIVE/THURSDAY!!! TRILOGY CONCLUSION!!
- Victor: Her Ruthless Husband: The VICTOR Trilogy Book 3 (Ruthless Triad) by Theodora Taylor <— LIVE/THURSDAY!!! TRILOGY CONCLUSION!!
- The Brentwood Boys by Meghan Quinn <— LIVE/THURSDAY!!! MEGHAN QUINN BOXSET ALERT!!! “The Brentwood Boys have come together in a three book boxset. Over 300,000 words of delicious baseball players (The Locker Room, The Dugout, and The Lineup) with a LARGE 15,000 word epilogue of where they are now. Marriage? Maybe. Babies? Possibly. Abs? Oh yes, they still have abs.”
- Consumed by Deception: A Dark Marriage Mafia Romance (Deception Trilogy Book 3) by Rina Kent <— LIVE/THURSDAY!!!
- The Highlander’s Captive (Highland Rogues Book 3) by Mary Wine <— LIVE!!!
- Single-Dad Cowboy (The Buckskin Brotherhood Book 8) by Vicki Lewis Thompson <— LIVE!!!
- Broken French: A widowed, billionaire, single dad romance by Natasha Boyd <— RECENT RELEASE & CHARITY IS LOVING IT!
Charity: Soooo good!!!!
Kathy: oh good! That is my next read!
Ann: mine also!!
- SHAWN IS IN A BOOK FUNK since she’s read these 2 awesome ones!! And one of ’em, I LOVED TO!!!!
Angela: Just finished pretend you’re mind by Lucy score. Omg! Break out her Kleenex
- The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn <— DEBBIE IS READING THIS ONE!
Debbie: The Woman in the Window- intriguing!!
Jennifer: I loved that book!!
- The Princess Purge: A young adult dystopian romance by Cordelia K Castel <— LIVE!!!
- The Job (Auctioned) by Cara Dee <— LIVE!!!
- At His Mercy: Masters Club Series – Book 1 by Claire Thompson <— LIVE!!!
- Stealing Ronan: An M/M, sister’s boyfriend romance (South River University Book 1) by Isabel Lucero <— M/M ROMANCE!!! “...Lusting after a straight guy who’s dating my sister is a problem in itself, but the bigger problem comes when he’s invited on a family trip with us for Christmas. Just as I thought I was doing a pretty good job ignoring his soft lips and curious gazes, we’re hit with a furious blizzard, leaving me and Ronan locked up together. Alone…“
- Following the Rules: Nerd/Jock MM Romance (The Script Club Book 1) by Lane Hayes <— LIVE!!!
- Bone Frog Love (The Love Vixen Book 5) by Sharon Hamilton <— LIVE!!! AGE GAP NAVY SEAL & THE CUPCAKE GIRL! “...I’m flirting with this guy who is almost as old as my dad. I mean, he’s hot as hell, and he’s a real man, not like the boys I’ve been dating lately. Is this wrong? I know, I know. I need to find out if he’s married, or with someone first, but he wants to take me out on a lunch date to discuss...”
- Malevolent by Anne L. Parks <— STEPHANIE’S CURRENT READ!
Stephanie: Malevolent by Anne L. Parks. It’s a romantic legal thriller that releases next week. I devoured this book! I can’t wait for the next one.
Christina: Just finished reading Malevolent by Anne L. Parks that comes out next week. OMG!!!! Loved this so much. Romantic thriller that truly focuses on the thriller AND building the romance to the point that actually felt like I was IN the story. Totally worth the read and can’t wait for the next one already!!!!!!
- The Lady’s Tutor by Robin Schone <— RAE ENJOYED IT!!
Rae: Just finished The Lady’s Tutor by Robin Shone. Phew it was hot but had a great story build up. Was not a trope I’d normally read but I will be reading more of this author.
- In Five Years by Rebecca Serle <— JENNIFER IS READING ONE THAT I LOVED! Here’s my review in case you missed it.
Maryse: I LOVED In Five Years!!!!! Also… I love Stephen King, so now I am intrigued!!! 😀
- Playing Patience (Blow Hole Boys) by Tabatha Vargo <— ROCK STAR ROMANCE!! CARIE IS DIGGING DEEP!!
Carie: Playing Patience (Blow Hole Boys) I have been digging deep for rockstar romance books that I have not read. This is from 2013 and I am really liking it!
Mertxe: I just finished Playing Patience and I fall for Zeke, 4.5 intense
- The Psychopath: A True Story by Mary Turner Thompson <— SHOCKING TRUE STORY!!!
Sarah: The Bigamist by Mary Turner Thompson, shocking true story
- Birthday Girl by Penelope Douglas <— FORBIDDEN LOVE & Michelle says OMG!!!
Michelle: Birthday girl off a previous reco from you and OMG
Maryse: OH THAT ONE is unforgettable!!!!!! Here’s my review.
JulieO: BIRTHDAY GIRL by Penelope Douglas? It is one of my re-reads. …Extremely good. If you haven’t read it please do.
- Her Shield (Brothers In Arms Book 2) by Silke Campion <— LIVE!!!
- Supernatural Syndicate: A Limited Edition Collection of Magical Mafia Stories <— LIVE!!!
- Redeeming The Rose (Gilded Knights Series Book 1) by Emilia Finn <— LIVE!!! PROTECTIVE PARAMEDIC!! “...My overbearing protectiveness wasn’t an issue until Nadia Reynolds pointed out my toxic ways. Nadia is honest to a fault, independent to the point of giving me heart palpitations, and so blindingly beautiful, she tempts me to let my sister live her life so I can pursue my own happily ever after...”
- The Promised Land by Barack Obama <— BIOGRAPHY & RACENA IS INTO IT! P.S. He narrates the audiobook version!!
Racena: Barack Obama’s -The Promised Land. It’s pretty damn good!
- From the Embers by Aly Martinez <— RECENT RELEASE/ONE OF MY FAV AUTHORS & Heidi loved it!
Heidi: I just finished From the Embers by Aly Martinez and LOVED it!
Ashley: From the Embers by Aly Martinez! The cover is one of my all time Faves and the reviews are amazing! (Plus it’s just really super Good) …it is so good!
Kathy: Aly Martinez’s From the Embers. At 75% and loving it!
- Mr. May: an older man, curvy younger woman short instalove romance (The Firefighters Calendar Book 5) by Kate Tilney <— LIVE!! HOT FIREFIGHTER ALERT! “I’m devastated when my boyfriend unceremoniously dumps me. My best friend reminds me that living well is the best revenge. I’m going to start by finally using that gym membership I got months ago. That seems like a good idea until I get distracted by the handsome man on the treadmill and end up getting stuck on a machine. When the handsome runner comes to my rescue I don’t know whether I’m more embarrassed or attracted...”
- Back in the Day (Bay Area Blues Book 2) by Katrina Jackson <— LIVE!!!
- Hunt (The Aurora Marelup Saga Book 2) by Serenity Rayne <— LIVE!!!
- Pretty Words: An Enemies To Lovers Rock Star Romance (River Valley Rebels) by Gabrielle Sands <— LIVE!!!
- Her Sunset Cowboy: A Sweet Romance (The Wild Wests Book 4) by Kathy Fawcett <— LIVE!!! BILLIONAIRE WIDOWER ALERT! “…After her lowlife ex took off with all her savings, Casey Parks has to pick herself up and rebuild—and she does so with a vengeance. Her take-no-prisoners attitude is all the fuel she needs to rebuild her Wyoming real estate empire. Until her ambition puts her in a head-on collision with Ridge West – town legend, billionaire benefactor, and major thorn in her side. As the handsome widower sets his sights on her territory, Casey pulls out all her tricks to slow him down—but for how long?”
- Such A Fun Age by Kiley Reid <— AUTHOR AMBER GARZA is reading this one. I love when authors tell us what they are reading:
Amber: Such A Fun Age (paperback). Also so good!
- Arranged (The Queen’s Mates Book 1) by Mazzy J. March <— LIVE!!! REVERSE HAREM! SHE WAS FORCED TO BE QUEEN & NOW HER TWIN IS BACK! “…Once the elation of realizing my sister was alive washed over me, I was ready to pluck the crown from my head and hand it over to the true queen. Free myself of a future in this palace, where even those who had the kingdom’s best interests at heart would be constantly watching me. I could walk away and never look back. But my sister did not want the crown. She has returned to her happy life in her little home in the forest far away, with her loving mates, and her new pack. She abdicated. I couldn’t blame her. I would have done the same, had the high council allowed it. They have put her advisers in place, men and women who want me to be the perfect queen…”
- Bully 4 Love: A Rather Odd Love Story by Steven Paul Leiva <— LIVE!!
- God Fire Academy: A Paranormal Reverse Harem Romance: Books 1-3 by Lacey Carter Andersen and May Dawson <— LIVE!!
- Compliments To The Chef: The Millionaire and The Chef (The Pride of Galveston Book 2) by Holly K. Ross <— LIVE!!
- Rockton series by Kelley Armstrong <— SHARON IS LOVING THIS GENRE CHANGE!
Sharon: I’m reading the Rockton series by Kelley Armstrong. I finished the third book last night. I’ll dive into book 4 today. I’m loving it. They are crime / mystery novels. It’s a nice change from other genres.
- The Girl in the Box series by Robert J Crane <— HOLY MOLY HUGEEEEE SERIES ALERT!! CHRISTINA IS INVESTED and this one is new-to-me!
Christina: The girl in the box series by Robert J crane ~ love/hate some books and there’s a lot could of gone without but I’m so invested in Sienna Nealon now I have to finish
- Stone Song the Isle of Destiny by Tricia O’Malley <— CINDY IS ENJOYING THIS ONE!
Cindy: Stone Song the Isle of Destiny. By Tricia O’Malley. Loving it but can not find the other books in the series. Grr.
Maryse: I see 4 books in the series on Amazon.
- The First Emma by Camille Di Maio <— HISTORICAL! HER HUSBAND’S 2 MISTRESSES WERE ALL NAMED EMMA!! GAP! CANDACE IS LOVING IT!
Candace: The First Emma by Camille Di Maio and I am absolutely LOVING it!
- American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins <— RECENT RELEASE (total blurb jolt for me!) & SO MUCH HYPE!! Christina ended up loving it!
Christina: I just finished American Dirt. I didn’t think I would like it but ended up loving it.
Tasha J: Omg American Dirt sounds SO GOOD! Major blurb jolt on that one.
- Chain of Iron by Cassandra Clare <— FANTASY ROMANCE & PERRI IS INTO THIS!
Perri: Chain of Iron by Cassandra Clare and love it!!
- South of the Buttonwood Tree by Heather Webber <— KARI SAYS IT’S CAPTIVATING!!!
Kari: I just finished South of the Buttonwood Tree by Heather Webber. It is lyrically written, captivating, and a well-crafted story. She is one of my new favorite authors. I am starting Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe next.
- The Vine Witch by Luanne G. Smith <— FANTASY!!! Michele’s recommendation!
Michele: Just finished The Vine Witch by Luanne G. Smith. Loved it!
- Beautiful Savage by Lisa Sorbe <— ONE OF MY LATEST 5-STARS BACK ON THE LIST ’cause Nancy loved it too!
Nancy: I’ve started 3 books & couldn’t get into any of them. Ever since I finished, Beautiful Savage, I haven’t been able to get into any books I’ve started. I could blame you Maryse, but I won’t!
Maryse: Wasn’t it CRAZY??? But the writing was perfection for me, and I want more like THAT!
Nancy: the author was tickled pink, I said it was the most bizarre story I have ever read.
- Lie to Me by Molly McAdams <— BAD BOY COP ALERT!!! RECENT RELEASE & Connie’s latest read!
Connie: Just finished Lie to me, loved it
Maryse: OMG this one sounds right up my alley!! Thank you for pointing it out. I dunno how I missed it!!
- Transfusion series by Stephanie Hudson <— HUGE VAMPIRE SERIES ALERT!! TINA IS ENJOYING THEM!
Tina: Stephanie Hudson, Transfusion series. It’s good, I just don’t like how each book has to be so drawn out with thoughts about this, that, and the other.So I find myself skipping pages, I do like the storyline though.
- The ‘Burg series by Kristen Ashley <— AN OLDIE BUT ONE OF OUR FAVORITES!!
Cindi: Went back and am rereading The Burg series by Kristen Ashley …love me some of MY Joe…loved Layne and his golden trails..now..Dusty and Mike..and his 6 thousand dollar bed
Maryse: ONE OF MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITES FOREVER!!!
Allison: I’m currently reread the burg series by Kristin Ashley for the millionth time.
MichelleS: I LOVED the Burg series. …Hands down best single dad book EVUH was Games of the Heart, the Burg series, by Kristen Ashley.
- Redemption by Susan Fanetti <— RECENT RELEASE & SUE SAYS BRILLIANT!!
Sue: Just finished Susan Fanetti’s Eight Ball – brilliant
Maryse: Oh did you mean Redemption (which is the sequel to the The Brazen Bulls MC series and Eight Ball’s latest story?) Sheeesh how did I miss this release?? So many Susan Fanetti fans here!!!
Emma: Highly recommend the whole series. Or literally everything she’s ever written.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses Series by Sarah J. Maas <— A HUGE FAVORITE AROUND HERE!!!
Sianne: I recently finished the 5th book sooo good. Ive just started on her other series.
Alyssa: I’m on book 3 of this series and LOVE them!
Monica: Alyssa Lane I’m reading with a friend, she is on book 3 too.
- Elemental Mysteries series by Elizabeth Hunter <— ANDREA IS LOVING THE GENRE SWITCH!!
Andrea: I’m reading the 4th book in the Elemental Mysteries series A Fall of Water by Elizabeth Hunter. It’s a great series. I haven’t read paranormal for several years and this series was just the ticket.
MichelleS: Elemental Mysteries is still one of my all time favorite vampire series…
Pam: I would recommend the Elemental Mysteries by Elizabeth Hunter. They are vampire romantic. The main characters are amazing and the love stories are fantastic. Best Series Ever.
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- You Love Me by Caroline Kepnes <— AUTHOR AMBER GARZA IS LISTENING!!
Amber: You Love Me by Caroline Kepnes (listening on audiobook). So good!!
Maryse: I LOVE the “You” series!! I still need to get to the latest. It sounds fantastic!!
- Too Late by Colleen Hoover <— LORAH IS RE-READING!! Or… “listening” 😉
Lorah: Im re-reading Too Late by Colleen Hoover
.. its interesting because I font remember this important scene that I just read…. Brains are weird! (actually in listening) Oh and of course i’m loving it !
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Mixtape by Brittainy Cherry – May 11th 2021
- The Final Twist (A Colter Shaw Novel) by Jeffery Deaver – May 11th 2021
- Malevolent by Anne L. Parks – May 11th 2021
- Off the Record: A With Me In Seattle Mafia Novel by Kristen Proby – May 11th 2021
- Tempting Fate (A Goode Girls Romance Book 4) by Kerrigan Byrne – May 11th 2021
- People We Meet On Vacation by Emily Henry – May 11th 2021
- The Gravedigger’s Son: A Charley Davidson Novella by Darynda Jones – May 11th 2021
- Here With Me by Samantha Young – May 11th 2021
- 33 Minutes: An Asher Radman FBI Thriller: A Gay Romance Mystery by John Charles – May 14th 2021
- My Cruel Salvation (Fallen Saint Series Book 3) by J. Kenner – May 18th 2021
- Fake by Kylie Scott – May 18th 2021
- The Hunting Wives by May Cobb – May 18th 2021
- The Break-Up Book Club by Wendy Wax – May 18th 2021
- Fallen Jester (Tin Gypsy Book 5) by Devney Perry – May 18th 2021
- Local Woman Missing: A Novel by Mary Kubica – May 18th 2021
- Wild North (The North Brothers Book 1) by JB Salsbury – May 18th 2021
- Doin’ A Dime (Souls Chapel Revenants MC Book 4) by Lani Lynn Vale – May 18th 2021
- The Soulmate Equation by Christina Lauren – May 18th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!