P.S. While you’re here, don’t forget to check out these updated “favorites lists” & the latest giveaway:
- Reader Recommendations – Our Favorite Barbarian Warlord Fantasy Books
- He doesn’t want her… “Unrequited Love” Book Recommendations
- Book Recommendations like “Game of Thrones” & Golden Dynasty
- Five Fun Facts About “Broadway Beans” (famous actor & the normal girl!!) & a signed book giveaway! <— JUST COMMENT on the blog post to enter!!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Filthy Vows by Alessandra Torre <— BOOK FRENZY ALERT!! WENT LIVE YESTERDAY & now I’m getting so much amazing feedback today. Eeeeep!!! Sounds so risqué!!!! MINE!!! 😬 “Would you tell your husband everything? Every torrid thought? Every twisted fantasy? The forbidden images that slink into your mind in your most vulnerable moments? I shouldn’t have. I hesitated to. But I did. And my husband? He gave them to me.”
Junis: OMG it’s soooo HOT! 😈
Ashley: Hey Maryse! Omg so do not read anything else until you read this book! Without a doubt my fave book of 2019 so far and in my top five ever. Stayed up until three am reading it and I haven’t done that in ages. The best!!
Daffy: i just finished it! Wow!! Loved it, so hot and steamy 🔥🔥🔥
Linda: I just finished reading a book & was trying to figure out what to read next. This is in my TBR & already on my kindle. I’m gonna start this one today! Thanks for the post!!! 😊 … My TBR list is never ending so seeing this recommendation made it super easy to decide!!!❤️
- The Paper Wasp by Lauren Acampora <— OOOOOOH IT SOUNDS DARK & LIKE TWISTED ENVIOUS JEALOUSY… MY BOOK TWIN IS READING THIS!! Her childhood best friend has become a famous Hollywood star (and she’s fixated on her)… “…When Abby encounters Elise again at their high school reunion, she is surprised and warmed that Elise still considers her not only a friend but a brilliant storyteller and true artist. Elise’s unexpected faith in Abby reignites in her a dormant hunger, and when Elise offhandedly tells Abby to look her up if she’s ever in LA, Abby soon arrives on her doorstep. There, Abby discovers that although Elise is flourishing professionally, behind her glossy magazine veneer she is lonely and disillusioned…”
Amy: Paper Wasp has been calling to me so I might squirrel.
Maryse: Whooooaaa what is Paper Wasp??? *runs to look it up* That title alone is calling me!!
Michele G: I’m with Maryse, what is Paper Wasp??? We are all ears…..
MichelleS: Paper Wasp??? I just love the title!
Amy: Yes ladies, Paper Wasp! The blurb totally gave me a jot when I saw it on preorder months ago. I decided to start it…which I have a feeling I’m not going to like the h too much. That’s okay though as long as the storyline keeps me hooked!
Amy: Not sure how I feel about this one yet. It’s in first person but she is speaking to the former friend she is focused on, so it’s taking some adjusting on my part. She IS a little unstable though, and I’m curious how this will play out. I’m kinda getting Fig vibes from her. 😉
R: That’s so weird! I’ve never seen that before. It’s like a mix of first and second person. I just googled it and apparently it’s becoming a thing like third person, present has recently–though I’m still getting used to that one.
Maryse: the reviews are all OVER the place & I’m intrigued and titillated! That blurb… I AM DYING TO READ THIS TRAIN WRECK of an angrifying sounding story!! I’m already creeped out. I have a feeling whether I love it or not, I will never forget it. Yeah… okay. MINE.
- Broadway Beans by Karen Cimms <— FAMOUS ACTOR & THE BARISTA THAT NEARLY KILLS HIM 😉 Ahhhh that title makes so much sense now that I read the blurb! She temporarily moves to NY to help out a friend… “…I land a job as a barista at Broadway Beans, a coffee shop in the theater district. But on my first day, I almost kill the hottest guy I’ve ever seen. With a latte. Who knew making over-priced coffee could be so difficult?…” P.S. It’s on KU, it’s on sale AND!!! We have a Five Fun Facts & a signed book giveaway! <— JUST COMMENT on the blog post to enter!!
Kathy: This is a 10* read… so funny and an awesome storyline… …love this author!!
Jean: …just finished Jane Doe by Victoria Helen Stone……what a crazy ride to be in the head of a sociopath. Great story though!!
- ROCK CHICK SERIES by Kristen Ashley <— KRISTEN ASHLEY ALERT!!! Each book in the series is super-bargain priced right now!!
MichelleS: I loved the Rock Chicks. I consider them “KA light & fun & sexy”.
Teri: Rock Chicks series by Kristen Ashley! Can’t beat it!
- Forty Days & One Knight: Trident Security Omega Team Book 2 by Samantha A. Cole <— LIVE!!! THE UNDERCOVER OFFICER & THE PRINCESS THAT HAS TO GET MARRIED… “...Princess Tahira had grown up not worrying about being pushed into an arranged marriage, but after her mother’s near-death illness, King Rajeemh orders his only daughter to choose a husband within forty days or have one chosen for her. While the deadline looms, Tahira and her cousin are kidnapped during a trip to Jamaica. Trident Security operative, Darius Knight, has been working undercover for several months, infiltrating a human-trafficking cartel...”
- The Beguilement of Lady Eustacia Cavanaugh (The Cavanaughs Book 3) by Stephanie Laurens
- Revenge: An Elite High School Bully Romance (Kings of Mercia Academy Book 2) by Sofia Daniel <— LIVE!! BULLY BOOK ALERT!!
- Medicine Man by Saffron A. Kent <— FORBIDDEN SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! Nancy found us this one!
Nancy: Super Bargain on MEDICINE MAN by Saffron A. Kent! One of my favorite Forbidden Romances of 2018!
Robyn: OMG! You guys have to read Medicine Man. It was so good. The H is a Psychiatrist at a mental facility and the h is his patient. She’s 18 and he’s in His 30’s…so taboo. There is just something I really like about a mental hospital romance between doctor and patient. This book hits all the buttons.
- My Brother’s Billionaire Best Friend by Max Monroe <— Max Monroe’s LATEST IS LIVE!! And it’s super-bargain priced AND it’s on KU!!! SHE SENT EMBARRASSING TEXTS TO HER BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND ALERT!! And she’s been crushing on him forever… “...One minute, I’m a woman trying to find her way in the world, and the next, I’m the sender of six of the most embarrassing text messages that have ever been sent in the history of time—or the cell phone. Whatever. We’re talking code red, send a flipping mayday, the apocalypse is coming kind of texts.And I didn’t just send them to some random person I’ll never see again. No. That would be too easy…”
- Tormented: A Bully Romance Anthology <— LIVE!!!
- Depraved by Bella J <— LIVE!! BIKERS/DARK ROMANCE ALERT!! Sounds… stalkerish. BIG TIME! “...The day I first saw her, obsession took root inside me. Suddenly there was nothing else. Just her. My obsession left me no choice. I had to have her. No matter the cost. No matter the risk. In the end she will be mine. Until then…I wait...”
- One Night (One Series Book 1) by Victoria J. Best <— LIVE!!
- Defiant Princess: A Reverse Harem High School Bully Romance (Boys of Oak Park Prep Book 2) by Callie Rose
- The Red Hunter: A Novel by Lisa Unger <— Ohhhh BLURB JOLT!! GAVE ME CHILLS!!! “…Claudia Bishop’s perfect life fell apart when the aftermath of a brutal assault left her with a crumbling marriage, a newborn daughter, and a constant sense of anxiety about the world around her. Now, looking for a fresh start with a home restoration project and growing blog, Claudia takes on a crumbling old house–one that unbeknownst to her has an ugly history and may hide long buried secrets...” Caroline found us this one!
Caroline: A good mystery suspense read. Also in kindle unlimited.
- The Professor: (A Bully, Teacher/Student, Dark Romance) by Serena Akeroyd <— LIVE!!! STANDALONE BULLY ROMANCE ALERT!! “The Professor is no hero. No charming knight. He’s a predator stalking his prey, and Phoebe, a college student struggling to get by, just walked into his crosshairs because even monsters have needs... “
- Beautiful Disaster: A Novel by Jamie McGuire <— MY BELOVED TRAVIS IS IN KU ALERT!! Caroline also found out THIS AWESOME NEWS! Jump on it if you haven’t read it yet.
Caroline: Beautiful Disaster is new to Kindle Unlimited for those who haven’t read it!!
Teresa: My favorite bad boy will always be Travis from Beautiful Disaster
Tasha J: My favorite bad boy, hands down, is still Travis from Beautiful Disaster. 🙂
- Shards of Frost (The Mercury Pack Series Book 5) by Suzanne Wright <— LIVE!!! SUZANNE WRIGHT ALERT!! SHE’S TRYING TO PROTECT HER BROTHER FROM A DEALER… “…” When the dealer—who’s also an Alpha shifter—demands she do something that goes against her very being, Casey decides enough is enough. It’s while she’s confronting the Alpha that he appears—Eli Axton, a ruthless wolf shifter with a dark reputation. When their eyes lock and the mating urge violently kicks in, she knows her world is about to change…”
- Queen of the Underworld (a Dark Mafia Romance Book 3) by Stasia Black and Lee Savino <— LIVE!!! TRILOGY CONCLUSION (must be read in order!!) “…The King of the Underworld saved me from the streets, Treated me like a princess, And locked me in a tower. Then he turned into a beast...”
- The Duets: A Contemporary Romance Box Set by Meghan Quinn <— LIVE!! MEGHAN QUINN TWO DUET BUNDLES FOR A SUPER-BARGAIN!!! BOX SET of FOUR BOOKS – The Upside of Falling/The Downside of Love/The Left Side of Perfect The Right Side of Forever. “…Gripping, heart-stopping, and an incredibly epic journey with a twist you’ll never see coming…”
- Mercy by Nadia Lee <— LIVE!!! HE THOUGHT SHE WAS DEAD… “...I thought the only woman I ever loved died in a car crash… Until I found her ten years later–a miracle. Her memory is missing, but it doesn’t matter. I’ve reclaimed her heart, and we’re going to be married...”
- Running After a Heartbreaker (Brides on the Run Book 4) by Jami Albright <— LIVE!! HE’S A COUNTRY MUSIC STAR & SHE’S THE BAR OWNER/TOWN PARIAH… and she just ran out on her own wedding…
- Game Changer by Sylvie Stewart <— LIVE!! COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT!! “…I’ve been saddled with interviewing the beast to secure my new dream job in publishing, but his intense stares and monosyllabic responses are making my job impossible…”
- The Night We Met by Beth Rinyu <— LIVE!!!
- Breakdown by Aly Zigada <— HIS MUSIC ONCE SAVED HER… BUT SHE’S NOT BROKEN ANYMORE… “…We were innocent then. I’m not a broken girl anymore. Now I’m the woman who reigns over the corrupt record label he abandoned, and he’s a tortured musician who wants retribution as viciously as I want another taste of his lips. Inevitably, he will crash in my arms, and I will burn in his. Depravity is all we know...”
- Run (Books Of Stone Book 2) by B.L. Brunnemer
- Stand In Place by Many Calmes <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
➔➔ Audible now has a “Romance” package membership (3o day free trial)
- Boss I Love to Hate by Mia Kayla <— LIVE!! MUCH LOVED author with quite a few in our reading crew! “…I hate that I need you to be my date for my best friend’s wedding because my ex-boyfriend, the King of Heartbreakers, and his new busty blonde girlfriend will be in attendance…”
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Lies by Kylie Scott – July 21st 2019
- Infinite (Indefinite Duet Book 2) by Corinne Michaels – July 22nd 2019
- The Seekers (Krewe of Hunters Book 28) by Heather Graham – July 23rd 2019
- In It to Win It: A Wynn Hockey Novel by Kelly Jamieson – July 23rd 2019
- All Roads Lead to You (Stay Book 3) by Jennifer Probst – July 23rd 2019
- The King: A Wicked Novella by Jennifer L. Armentrout – July 23rd 2019
- The Wolf and His Wife by Penelope Sky – July 23rd 2019
- Good Girl, Bad Girl: A Novel by Michael Robotham – July 23rd 2019
- A Stranger on the Beach: A Novel by Michele Campbell – July 23rd 2019
- Million Dollar Marriage by Katy Evans – July 23rd 2019
- Beautifully Damaged (Shine Design Series Book 1) by Laura Pavlov – July 24th 2019
- Descending Into Madness (Winterland Tale Book 1) by Stacey Marie Brown – July 25th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).