YAY FRIDAY!!!! A whole weekend of reading for me (nothing else planned so far). I’m reading two books as we speak – still on Flock by Kate Stewart but also R. Renee tempted me with a horror/thriller book that she loved called “Whisper Down the Lane” so hopefully I’ll have them both finished this weekend and reviews next week).
AND!! I’m obviously still working on this Friday Finds list, so keep checking back. I have a couple more hours of adding to go. In the meantime, if you find anything for today’s list, let me know. 😀
BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST!
- 3 years ago, this one had me laughing!! 4.5 stars! Book Review – That Guy by Kim Jones
- 4 years ago, this book 5 STAR rocked my world (actually… the whole duet did!!) Book Review – The Darkest Sunrise by Aly Martinez
- 5 years ago, Jan chose these!! Reader Favorites – Jan’s Top Five Paranormal Series
- 8 years ago, I was still flying high from Book Bash 2013! Book Bash 2013 Chronicles – Part THREE (Saturday June 29th)
- 8 years ago, I was also flying high because of this trilogy conclusion that was EVERYTHING! Book Review – Thief by Tarryn Fisher
- 9 years ago, I came out of the closet with my very first super-DARK “super-dark scary love story?” read that had me hooked! Book Review – Comfort Food by Kitty Thomas P.S. NOT ROMANCE!!! BUT…. 😉
- 10 years ago, this book ROCKED. MY. WORLD and was forever cinched as my all-time favorite and my forever book boyfriend. And then I had to fight all y’all off for him 😂😂 Book Review – Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
- 12 years ago, I was introduced to the super-intense, possessive dominating Carpathian vampires… Book Review – Dark Prince by Christine Feehan
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- The Savage and the Swan by Ella Fields <— RECENT RELEASE!! FANTASY ROMANCE!! “…For nearly four years, I’d done all I could to help my kingdom as we faced the wolf king’s unconquerable evil—hardly anything at all. As the only heir to the Gracewood line, I’d been relegated to menial tasks that would keep me and my secrets safe. A chance to do more than fret behind our castle walls arrived when I breached them after overhearing my parents’ plans for my future. Fleeing, I unknowingly raced into a fate we’d all desperately hoped to avoid. By the time I saw him coming, it was far too late…“
- Hitman (Black Heart Romance presents Heaven & Hell) by C. Hallman and Isabella Starling <— LIVE!!
- It Had to Be the Duke: An All the Duke’s Sins Prequel by Christi Caldwell <— LIVE!!! HISTORICAL ROMANCE
- Until Tia by K.L. Humphreys <— LIVE!!
- Scars and Silver Linings by Kelsey Kingsley <— UNEXPECTED PREGNANCY TEARJERKER ALERT!!!
Aimee: Tear jerker alert!! Just read Scars and Silver Linings by Kelsey Kingsley
It was free with kindle unlimited and SO WORTH IT!!! it is an unexpected pregnancy book. Definitely will check out another by her!!
- Three Kinds of Trouble (Sons of Templar MC Book Book 9) by Anne Malcolm <— SHE SAVES THE BIKER @ A STRIPPER CLUB! FIONA RECOMMENDS THIS ONE!
Fiona: Hiya Maryse Hope u have a good weekend gardening, weather fab over here…too hot..🥵🥵🥵
I have finished two new books that were great; just to let you know; Anne Malcolm with a new Sons of Templar MC called Three Kinds of Trouble; about Haden and Freya; she rescues him one night after he was stabbed in the carpark of the stripper club where she works and takes him home…
it had a rock chick vibe about it; lots of characters, Freya is such a cool, bubbly, character and Haden blows hot and cold with her; a bit of stalking, murder, new friendships; babies, other members of the Sons of Templar and their Old Ladies turn up; would recommend this author and anything she writes; especially when characters from different series pop up.
- Wrath (Black Reign MC 2): A Bones MC Romance by Marteeka Karland <— LIVE!!!
- Disorder: A Dark High School Romance (Elite of Elmwood Academy Book 2) by J.L. Weil <— LIVE!!!
- Wrath (The Tempests Book 1) by Cee Bowerman <— FIONA LOVED THIS ONE TOO!
Fiona: Another great author that am sure your readers love also is Cee Bowerman and her new series called Wrath. Tempest Book One; as similar to Anne Malcolm Cee brings her characters from her different books into this new series from the Texas Kings MC and Fain Tempest. Wraith Tempest is the older brother of the Tempest family and he looked after all his siblings; they escaped a cult that they grew up with and their childhood was terrible.
Val is doing her thesis about cults and families who survived them; she lost her husband from cancer and has twin daughters as well as twin sisters that are the same age near as her daughters. She wants to interview Wraith and his siblings for her research….the story kicks off with Wraith saying no and to leave his family alone and then he starts to get to know Val and her family and all the trauma she endured; really loves how Cee Bowerman weaves her stories together; full of anguish, sadness but shows the great survivorship and love that this families endured; this is the start of another great series from Cee and she is just brill at writing!
Have a great weekend
- More of Us to the West (The Adrift Series Book 1) by Trinity Dunn <— LINDSEY RECOMMENDS THIS ONE!
I’ve been following your blog for years now! I just finished a reading book and would love to see someone else’s thoughts while reading! It’s called More of us to the West by Trinity Dunn.
It’s got romance, suspense, mystery, maybe even a little sci-fi. Kind of a mixture of On the Island, tv show Lost, mixed with certain Heartbreak Warfare vibes. That’s the best way I can describe it lol. Ends on a huge cliffhanger and just read book 2 should be out sometime this fall! I can’t wait to see where the story goes!
It is kind of long at 500+ pages, but that last chapter down to the last word… ugh!
- 44 Chapters About 4 Men & the (Sex/Life series) by BB Easton <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE ONE OF MY ORIGINAL BOOK BUDS (TERTTU) NOW LOVVVVES THIS ONE TOO!! Skin (Sex/Life Book 1) MADE HER AN EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER!! SHE LOST SLEEP OVER IT!
Terttu: Maryse, I remember you mentioning that you’ve watched sex/life on Netflix. I’ve read the book by BB Easton (44 Chapters About 4 Men: A Memoir), Skin (Sex/Life Book 1) and now I’m starting Speed (Sex/Life Book 2) and my question is, can I start watching it from netflix now without it spoiling stuff for me OR do I try to keep my remote-finger away from the series until I’ve read all the books? Oh and do you know why the 3rd book is currently unavailable on amazon for kindle?￼
Maryse: I actually don’t know much because I haven’t read the books… BUT some readers told me that the series on TV differs from the book series so that it’s not that spoilerish
Terttu: Ah,okay then￼ Maybe I should just play it safe and read the books first￼.
And speaking of them, OMG! I one clicked the Sex/Life just so I’d have something to read. It was super smooth to read and funny. And because one off those old boyfriends intriequed me I decided to one click Skin (Sex/Life Book 1), aaaaand that it the moment I was in an emotional rollercoaster. I haven’t had this many feeling going thru me in a long time! Words don’t do justice, especially since I’m not an english speaking native￼ Just. Just, Omg! I cried like a baby at the end, it was super angsty￼ Just read them, I totally recommend￼
Maryse: WOWWW!!! Thank you SO much for letting me know!! I should read them too, especially since they are different from the show and I already loved the show so much!
Terttu: Yes you totally should. I think you would love them. Or at least Skin, can’t really vouch for them all since I just started Speed￼ But that I can tell you that I devoured Skin, lost sleep over it, cause, well, you know, couldn’t put my phone down. It was super angsty, steamy, and heartbreaking and I got so lost in emotional turmoil and felt myself like a teenager again, and remembered how every feeling back then was so heightened, and I could totally relate, having been a wildchild myself back then. Tell me what you think of them￼
- The Steerswoman by Rosemary Kirstein <— JAN IS ENJOYING THIS ONE!
Jan: I’m reading a cool book I heard about recently on Good Reads. The Steerswoman by Rosemary Kirstein. It’s not a romance as such, but I reckon some of you guys would like it anyway. It’s a fantasy/adventure/road trip kinda story. I suspect it’s going to be one of those fantasy books that crosses over into sci-fi, from a few little hints popping up so far.
It’s got a really cool female heroine, with magic, wizards, mysterious jewels. Great characters and world-building. First in a series 😀
- Marked By Rejection: A Paranormal Shifter Romance (Outcast Hollows Pack Book 1) by Avery Stone <— LIVE!!
- Brutal Lies: A dark high school bully romance (Stonehaven Academy Book 3) by Nora Cobb <— LIVE!!
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Ice Duchess: Prequel to the Duchess Society Series by Tracy Sumner – July 22nd 2021
- Pretty Falling Pieces by Isabelle Culpo – July 25th 2021
- The Muse: A Beautiful Magic Standalone by Lauren Blakely – July 26th 2021
- Small Favors by Erin A. Craig – July 27th 2021
- For Your Own Good by Samantha Downing – July 27th 2021
- The Duke Goes Down: Duke Hunt by Sophie Jordan – July 27th 2021
- Devil in Disguise by Lisa Kleypas – July 27th 2021
- Claimed (Lair of the Wolven, The Book 1) by J.R. Ward – July 27th 2021
- A Good Day for Chardonnay: A Novel (Sunshine Vicram Series Book 2) by Darynda Jones – July 27th 2021
- Love Next Door (Lakeside Book 1) by Helena Hunting – July 27th 2021
- Not a Happy Family: A Novel by Shari Lapena – July 27th 2021
- Revealing the Monster: Playing with Monsters by Amelia Hutchins – July 27th 2021
- Just One Look by Lindsay Cameron – July 27th 2021
Tasha J: Oh, hey! I finished an arc recently that releases this Tuesday that I think is right up your alley! Definitely a read if you like “You”. It’s called Just One Look by Lindsay Cameron.
Maryse: OH YESSSSS PLEASE!!!! I LOVED You and love crazy stalker reads!! Thank you Tasha!! 😀
- The Right Side of Wrong by Prescott Lane – July 29th 2021
- The Timepiece and the Girl Who Went Astray: A thrilling new time travel adventure by O.R. Simmonds – July 30th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!