HAPPY FRIDAY!! So many new releases on today’s list, it’s crazy (like that forbiddeny one to the left)!! Plus reader recommendations (and some amazing feedback on recent releases too). 😀 Keep checking back ’cause I’ll be adding more throughout the day.
ALSO: Make sure to check out today’s newsletter sponsor ➔ Lily Foster – Blackbird Series Reading Order + Fun Facts about the series & a giveaway! <— 😮😋 3 standalones and all three sound right up our alley!!! ➔➔➔➔➔➔
Today’s “Blast From Our Book Past” highlights:
- 1 year ago today, I read this forbiddeny one (he’s her uncle… er… well. By marriage). 4 stars Book Review – Crossed Lines by Lana Sky
- 3 years ago, I was riding out the effects of a hurricane, without electricity, but I had a print copy of THIS book and it kept me company. I 5-STAR PLUS LOVED IT!!! Book Review – Until It Fades by K.A. Tucker
Zannatul: This book is so good. i read it last fall
- 4 years ago today, I went crazy for the marital strife in the start of this duet! 4.5 stars for Book Review – Retrieval by Aly Martinez
- 6 years ago today, I fell in love with this military hero (and he fell in love with a single mom and her kids). *swoooon* Book Review – Worth the Fall by Claudia Connor
- 7 years ago, this one blew my mind right to the very end!!! HOLY MOLY FORBIDDENY, STEAMY & HEART-ACHEY!!! 5 STARS PLUS Book Review – A Little Too Far by Lisa Desrochers
Kelsey: So good!! 🥰
Rae: Haven’t read it yet. On my kindle. it’s bumped 😁
Maryse: IT IS SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD!! Very unique and unputtdownable and real-feeling.
- 8 years ago today, I interviewed Tina Reber!! Behind The Books – An Interview with Tina Reber
- 11 years ago, I was devouring these Dark Hunters, and 4.5 STAR LOVED this angry, super-recluse in Alaska… Book Review – Dance with the Devil by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Carrie: Zarek & Astrid are faves! I hurt for him so much & just want to hug him. Really, if there was a book world I could spend some time in, it would be this one. And I would pretty much just go around hugging everyone. I’d have to get Simi to help me keep them still for the hugs… LOL
Kelsey: Awww I love the Dark Hunters!! That is a blast from the past 🥰
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- EXTENDED THROUGH DECEMBER ☃️🎄🎄🎄☃️!!! ➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- My Darling Arrow by Saffron A. Kent <— Saffron A Kent’s LATEST IS LIVE!!! OOOOOH FORBIDDENY!! He’s her sister’s boyfriend!! “…The worst part is that you, Arrow Carlisle, are not only the principal’s hot son. You also happen to be the love of my sister’s life. And I really shouldn’t be thinking about my sister’s boyfriend, or rather fiancé (I overheard a conversation about the ring that I shouldn’t have). Now if I can only stop writing you these meaningless letters that I’ll never send and you’ll never read…”
Shelly: This was such an intense and angsty read. Loved it.
Shaleen: Just completed My Darling Arrow. I think every girl/woman can relate to this one in some way.
- Loathe Thy Neighbor (Roommate Romps Book 1) by Teagan Hunter <— SHE KINDA HATES HER NEIGHBOR! LOL!! “…Dean Evans is the worst. Not only does the devil in disguise steal my pie on a regular basis, he also lives in the apartment right. Next. Door. I see him all the time. At the mailboxes. In the elevator. Every single morning. It’s exhausting because he’s exhausting. Now, after setting his apartment on fire, he’s my roommate…and he’s the worst at that too…”
- Marrying Winterborne: The Ravenels, Book 2 by Lisa Kleypas <— MUCH-LOVED HISTORICAL ROMANCE SUPER-BARGAIN!!
Jan: Marrying Winterborne. (Winterborne is a pioneering department store owner in London, like Mr Selfridge from TV, and it’s a lovely HR read).
Anne: Marrying Winterborne by Lisa Kleypas was amazing! I loved Rhys! And the bonus chapter from Winter in Spring gave me all the feels! Sebastian is still hot after 30 years.
bev: Marrying Winterborne, yes I read the 2nd before the 1st, I love Kleypas worlds.
- Ivory White : A House of Misfits Standalone by Cambria Hebert <— LIVE!! A MODERN RE-TELLING OF SNOW WHITE!! “...A modern-day princess, afraid and lost on the dark streets, running for her life. Ivory White has no one to call, nowhere to turn. All she has is a random number scrawled on a torn napkin. She calls. He answers. Ivory is thrust into a house filled with misfits— a band of completely untrustworthy men. But can this group of men keep her safe?”
- Stay With Me Now: A Time Travel, Rockstar Romance by Kaci Rose <— LIVE!!
- Rebel Academy: Crush: A Paranormal Academy Romance Series (Wickedly Charmed Book 2) by Rosemary A Johns <— LIVE!!
- Beach Read by Emily Henry <— RECENT RELEASE SUPER-BARGAIN (US & CANADA) & there was a ton of buzz about this one!
Harper: I finished Beach Read yesterday. I loved it. It will be on my list of best books of the year for sure. Don’t let the cover fool you, it’s not a simple rom-com. It goes deep and is very realistic.
Tasha J: WOAH!! Beach Read is on SALE… Now I personally, was extremely disappointed in this one but I think I’m way in the minority here.
So many ❤️d this book. Just know it’s not light and fluffy and laugh out loud and witty. 😂
- When Morning Comes: A Surprise Pregnancy Standalone Romance (Arrow Creek Book 2) by A. M. Wilson <— LIVE!!! BEST FRIENDS AND A ONE-NIGHT STAND OOOOPS!! “…Ever since Nathan’s wife died a few years ago, he’s avoided commitment. He went from living the family life to a one-and-done mentality. Until Kiersten breaks the news. She’s pregnant with his baby. She shoves him back in the friend zone. But there’s no return to normal when he’s already falling in love with her...”
- The Tomb: Ensnared (A Dark Dystopian Prison Romance) by Ella Burns <— LIVE!!
- Don’t Look for Me by Wendy Walker <— PSYCH-THRILLER!!! RECENT RELEASE & back on the list ’cause Michele G enjoyed it!
Michele G: I read Don’t Look for Me by Wendy Walker already and it was a definite winner in the psych thriller category! It really had some fun surprise twists.
- Frost Fae: A Fae court Fantasy Romance (Dark Fae Kings Book 2) by Meg Xuemei X <— LIVE!! THEY DON’T SHARE WELL “…The three Fae kings insist I’m their fated mate, and they’re terrible at sharing. I know I should turn my back on them before they ruin me. They’re too ruthless, feral, possessive, and well, too hot for me to feel safe…”
- Hunger: A Forbidden Romance (Forbidden Fantasies Book 6) by S.E. Law <— LIVE!!
- According to Plan : A Stone Haven Romance by Victoria Ellis <— LIVE!!
- My Fallen Saint by J. Kenner <— RECENT RELEASE & back on the list ’cause Michele G enjoyed this one!
Michele G: I also read My Fallen Saint by J. Kenner and wowza!! Such a good read too…which made me happy! I loved the characters and the storyline.
- Playing with Fire: A Bad Boy College Romance by L.J. Shen <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE SO MANY ARE LOVING IT!
Cindy: I started this yesterday and it kept me up way past my bedtime. It’s so good!!! I can’t wait to keep going.
It’s also a KU, so even better.
Rebecca: I’m reading it now and loving it!!
Julie O: PLAYING WITH FIRE WONT LEAVE ME ALONE. I walk around my house with my kindle clutched in my hand. Just another good Shen book. Halfway thru and decided that housework can go to hell. It will always be there but a good book doesn’t come around every day.
Tasha J: Playing With Fire is jolting me HUGE and I’m buying it!!
- Behind The Scenes by Christina C. Jones <— LIVE!! BEYOND FIRST IMPRESSIONS… “…If there’s any one thing Pierre and Logan have in common, it’s their ability to invite snap judgements based on shallow views of who they are. Logan is the privileged only daughter of a respected family whose legacy runs long and deep. Pierre is the moody, orphaned son of big screen royalty who couldn’t possibly live up to the prestige of his pedigree. Or maybe not. Perhaps they’re just two people trying to navigate the pressures of a world hellbent on telling them what they should be, and eschewing the limits of other people’s expectations...”
- True Story (The Deverells Book 1) by Jayne Fresina <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE!! JAN is enjoying it!
Jan: I am enjoying read a new-to-me historical romance author called Jayne Fresina. Recommended by some Good Reads friends. I’m up to the third book in the Deverell series.
Quirky, interesting and different from the usual “dukes” type of thing. The first one is True Story.
I never thought I’d say this, but I’m a bit over dukes. LOL. I mean, come on, how many hot, hunky young dukes can there really be in historical romancelandia? There has to be a limit……..
- Thanks For Last Night (The Guys Who Got Away Book 3) by Lauren Blakely <— LAUREN BLAKELY’S LATEST IS LIVE!! SHE WINS HER HOCKEY STAR BEST FRIEND IN THE AUCTION!! “…We’re both devoutly single — it’s just safer for the heart that way. But there’s no reason not to bid on the gorgeous, clever athlete at the charity auction this weekend. If I win, it’ll be a “friendsdate.” And I do win…”
- The Things We Don’t Say by Neva Bell
- Savage Lover: A Dark Mafia Romance (Brutal Birthright Book 3) by Sophie Lark
- Tiger Mom (Killer Moms Book 4) by Eve Langlais
- Under Your Spell: A Fantasy Romance Bundle by Megan Hart <— MEGAN HART BOOK BUNDLE ALERT! “Magic, fantasy and more tantalize and cast their spell in this bundle of sexy fantasy romance stories.:
- The People We Meet Along The Way by Beth Rinyu <— LIVE!! FEELING GUILT AFTER THE DEATH OF HER HUSBAND… “…Jillian O’Rourke’s marriage died long before her husband’s tragic accident. Years of battling with infertility and demanding careers melted their once solid relationship. Bearing the burden of guilt over his death, Jillian gets lost in despair and a series of “what-ifs”. But one chance encounter with a stranger, changes everything. Now being faced with newfound knowledge and a painful decision…”
- Sicko by Amo Jones <— SUPER-DARK READ BACK ON THE LIST ’cause Chelli LOVED IT!
Chelli: I couldn’t not ask if you’ve read Sicko by Amo Jones? . This is an MC book which I’m recently all about. Its got all the gritty you love in MC but It’s dark, so dark which you expect from Amo Jones.
The love has an air of forbidden but you can’t help but want it to happen so bad and the ending…BOOM! So much unpacked.
- Heartbreak Prince: A Bully Romance (Broken Hearts Academy Book 1) by C.R. Jane <— BULLY ROMANCE ALERT! SHE CHOSE HIS TWIN & HE HATES HER!! “…My soulmates happened to be twin brothers. Caiden was the light to Jackson’s dark. And after all that I had been through, the light was what I thought I needed. When I chose Caiden, I lost Jackson. Feeling like half a person after Jackson left, I barely survived when tragedy struck and I lost Caiden too. It took me years to admit to myself that I had chosen wrong from the beginning. I’m ready to admit it to Jackson…only problem, he hates me…”
- Heartbreak Lover: A Bully Romance (Broken Hearts Academy Book 2) by C.R. Jane <— LIVE!! BULLY ROMANCE ALERT! DUET CONCLUSION!
- Limitless: A Driven World Novel (The Driven World) by M.A. Lee and KB Worlds <— LIVE!!! Contemporary romance written in K. Bromberg’s Driven World’s project.
- Drag: A Driven World Novel (The Driven World) by AJ Alexander and KB Worlds <— LIVE!!! Contemporary romance written in K. Bromberg’s Driven World’s project.
- Derailed: A Driven World Novel (The Driven World) by Anjelica Grace and KB Worlds <— LIVE!!! Contemporary romance written in K. Bromberg’s Driven World’s project.
- Junkie: A Driven World Novel (The Driven World) by J.D. Hollyfield and KB Worlds <— LIVE!!! Contemporary romance written in K. Bromberg’s Driven World’s project.
- From the Beginning by Devney Perry <— DEVNEY PERRY THREE BOOK BUNDLE!! “From USA Today bestselling author Devney Perry comes a small town romance collection. Experience the love from three popular series…from the beginning. This collection includes three full-length novels.”
- Send Her To Me Lord by Khara Campbell <— HE WANTS A WIFE “…There comes a time in everyone’s life when they stop to evaluate their goals, priorities, and the people in their circle. Thirty-six year-old Malik Day is no different. He has come to realize “doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome” is truly insanity. It is time he man up and get his life in order. One of the top things on his list is finding a godly wife. However, God doesn’t always bless us with the package we expect…”
- Find Layla: A Novel by Meg Elison <— RECENT INCREDIBLE SOUNDING RELEASE back on the list ’cause Ashley enjoyed it!
Ashley: I read this! It’s really good!
- Mr. Perfect (Sinister in Savannah Book 2) by Aimee Nicole Walker <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! “…When the two reporters are forced to work together, Felix will get a chance to ask him. The answer will stun Felix until he remembers not to believe anything that comes out of the heartbreaker’s pretty mouth. Love and hate are two sides of the same coin and just as conflicting as the battle of wills that ensues. Will the chip on Felix’s shoulder save him from trusting Mr. Wrong or ruin his chances with Mr. Perfect?…”
- ➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
- ➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
- To Sleep in a Sea of Stars by Christopher Paolini <— Michele G is listening and LOVING!!
Michele G: dropping in to rave about the latest audiobook I’m listening to. It’s a sci-fi and super long (roughly 39 hours I think)….but I am absolutely loving it.
It’s To Sleep in a Sea of Stars by Christopher Paolini and I can’t say enough about the beautiful writing and the phenomenal narration. I’m only 10% in…but I’ve been listening for roughly 9 hours. I’m usually not this patient with longer books, but I can tell this one will be worth it!
- Thanks For Last Night (The Guys Who Got Away Book 3) by Lauren Blakely
- Playing with Fire L.J. Shen
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Thanks For Last Night (The Guys Who Got Away Book 3) Lauren Blakely – September 18th 2020
- The One That Got Away by Karina Halle – September 20th 2020
- When the Night is Over (Blackbird Series Book 1) by Lily Foster – September 20th 2020
- The Guardian (Sons of Texas Book 5) by Donna Grant – September 21st 2020
- Wild Fire: A Chaos Novella by Kristen Ashley – September 22nd 2020
- Stories of September by Fiona Cole – September 22nd 2020
- The Book of Two Ways: A Novel by Jodi Piccoult – September 22nd 2020
- And Now She’s Gone: A Novel by Rachel Howzell Hall – September 22nd 2020
- Lies and Lullabies (Hush Note Book 1) by Sarina Bowen – September 22nd 2020
- Birthright by Shay Savage – September 22nd 2020
- Tools of Engagement: A Novel (Hot & Hammered Book 3) by Tessa Bailey – September 22nd 2020
- A Sinful Encore by Lisa Renee Jones – September 22nd 2020
- The Right Player: A Sports Romance by Kandi Steiner – September 24th 2020
- Ryder (A Merrick Brothers Novel) by Prescott Lane – September 24th 2020
- Subversive: A wizard. An unwilling assistant. An explosive secret. (Clandestine Magic Book 1) by Colleen Cowle – September 27th 2020
- Headlines (Prime Time Series Book 3) by Ella Frank – September 28th 2020
- Lilac: A Reverse Harem Romance by B.B. Reid – September 28th 2020
- Imagine With Me (With Me In Seattle Book 15) by Kristen Proby – September 29th 2020
- Well Played by Jen Deluca – September 29th 2020
- The Return by Nicholas Sparks – September 29th 2020
- Seduced in Ink (Montgomery Ink: Boulder Book 4) by Carrie Ann Ryan – September 29th 2020
- Rifts and Refrains (Hush Note Book 2) by Devney Perry – September 29th 2020
- Crowne Rules by CD Reiss
- Happily This Christmas: A Novel (Happily Inc Book 6) by Susan Mallery – September 29th 2020
- Follow Me Darkly by Helen Hardt – September 29th 2020
- Toward That Which is Beautiful: A Novel by Marian O’Shea Wernicke – September 29th 2020
- Burn You Twice by Mary Burton – September 29th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).