HAPPY FRIDAY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR’S EVE!!! A nice mini-long weekend ahead of me and I have all sorts of fun stuff planned. 🙂 I’m so happy! But… first, before I get going with my day… time to build our Friday Finds list. 🙂
BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST!!
- 1 year ago, everyone was obsessed with this series! What to Read After The Bridgerton Series… & I also put together this post: Julia Quinn – Bridgertons Series Reading Order
- 1 year ago, we also put together this short-but-sweet list: Reader Recommendations – Our Favorite Older Man-Younger Woman Age Gap Romance featuring BOTH main characters as older…
- 1 year ago, we put together this one, too! Reader Recommendations – Our favorite romance books where the Hero or Heroine is on the spectrum
- 2 years ago, these were Mony’s favorites! Reader Favorites – Mony’s Best Books of 2019 List
- 3 years ago, these were Michelle G’s favorites: Reader Favorites – Michele G’s Best Books of 2018 List
- 3 years ago, these were Christina’s favorites: Reader Favorites – Christina’s Best Books of 2018 List
- 3 years ago, these were MichelleS’s favorites: Reader Favorites – MichelleS’s Best Books of 2018 List
- 3 years ago, these were Jennifer’s favorites: Reader Favorites – Jennifer’s Best Books of 2018 List
- 4 years ago, these were Jean’s favorites: Reader Favorites – Jean’s Top 25 Favorite Books of 2017
- 4 years ago, these were Bev’s favorites: Reader Favorites – bev’s Top 8 Books of 2017
- 5 years ago, these were DG’s favorites: Reader Favorites – DG’s Top 10 from 2016
- 5 years ago, these were Bev’s favorites: Reader Favorites – bev’s Best of 2016 list
- 5 years ago, these were MichelleS’s favorites: Reader Favorites – MichelleS’s Top 10 for 2016
- 6 years ago, these were MY favorites: Maryse’s 2015 Top Ten Favorite Books List
- 7 years ago, these were MY favorites: Maryse’s 2014 Top Twenty Five Favorite Books List
- 9 years ago, these were MY favorites: Maryse’s 2012 Top Twenty Five Favorite Books List
- 10 years ago, these were MY favorites: Maryse’s 2011 Top Twenty Five Favorite Books List – Too Good To Archive
- 10 years ago, I reviewed this forever forbiddeny favorite!!! Book Review – On The Island by Tracey Garvis Graves
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
—> ONE MONTH FREE TRIAL TO KINDLE UNLIMITED!!
—> AMAZON GERMANY!! You guys get a 3 month free trial for Amazon Unlimited music!!!
- The Worst Guy by Kate Canterbary <— SHE DRIVES HIM CRAZY AND NOT IN A GOOD WAY!! IT’S BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE MONY 5-STARRED THIS ONE!!!
Mony: Just finished The Worst Guy by Kate Canterbary. It was fabulous! 5⭐
- Lovelight Farms by B.K. Borison <— JACKIE LOVED IT!
Jackie: I finished a really good holiday read called Lovelight Farms by B.K. Borison. It’s a friends to lovers romance that takes place on a Christmas tree farm. Stella and Luca are just so good together! And you will be hoping you could visit this farm after reading this book.
Tasha J: I just bought this one yesterday, hearing so many good things! Glad you loved it!
- Zero Hour Trilogy: (The Collection) by Aimee Nicole Walker <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! “…Two reluctant partners, sizzling chemistry, and a city on the verge of chaos. The best-selling Zero Hour series is now available in one collection…”
- Pucked Up Love (Bromance Chronicles Book 4) by Billie Bloom <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- Worst Neighbor Ever: A Sworn to Loathe You Prequel by Rachel John <— LIVE!!!
- MONY ALSO LOVED THESE:
Recent reads (apologies if there are repeats)
1. J.C. and the Bijoux Jolis – Katy Regnery’s strongest book so far. Strong, nuanced, warm, intelligent writing with great banter. Dynamite characters. Sexy suave French player Jean Christian. Smart, feisty NY gallery owner Libitz. A 5++★ hidden gem.
“You must be the famous Libitz,” he’d opened, flashing his sexiest grin. After all, if she was his chosen conquest for the weekend, there was no time like the present to work his wiles. L: “…It’s not cold enough.” JC: “What?” L:“It’s not cold enough in hell for me to fall for someone like you”.
Jan: I agree about JC and the Bijoux Jolies – for me it’s her best book too. JC and Libitz are great together. Enemies-to-lovers trope, and the player reforms trope. It also has a lovely little mystery about an old painting. I’ve reread this one several times and always enjoy it.
2. A Ruthless Proposition by Natasha Anders– A re-read about gorgeous sexy boss Dante who is truly horrible to his assistant Cleo. Set in Japan. Story starts rough – with the writing, characters and dialogue getting better and better – and then the story evolves in a surprising way… 5★
3. The Stalker (Sons of Rome #0.5) by Lauren Gilley– Love her writing. Short novella with a punch about werewolves and vampires. Needed a hit of PNR 🙂 4★
4. Misadventures on the Night Shift– A re-read. Love hotel clerk Abby Medford’s lines in the first few chapters while talking to bad-boy-rocker Lucas Ford in the lobby. Snarky, irreverent while being “polite” to the misbehaving rocker. 4.5★
5. N.Y.E. by Jessica Gadziala– Slow burn between an arrogant & rude CEO and his NYE event planner. Slow burn enemies-to lovers novella that’s sexy, hot & sweet with snarky banter. Great holiday read. 4.5★
6. A Rogue in Winter by Grace Burrowes– A beautiful HR Christmas novella. Sensual and cozy like a cashmere throw. (Do not be fooled by the fact the H is a vicar LOL) 5★
Jan: I must read the Grace Burrowes Christmas novella. I like Grace Burrowes and it sounds like a good one. Thanks for the recs.
- Hauntingly Happy: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel (Midlife Spirits Book 10) by H.P. Mallory <— LIVE!!!
- All My Love: A Billionaire, Enemies to Lovers Romance (Fated Loves Book 4) by Zee Irwin <— LIVE!!
- F*ckboy Psychos: A Dark & Spicy Romance (Scarlett Force Book 1) <— SHUBH WENT CRAZY FOR THIS!!
Shubh: Omg Maryse, I just read f*ckboy psychos by cm stunich and Its mind blowing I’m dying to read the next one.😄
I really love CM Stunich’s book I have read her other books also but this I believe will tie with rich boys of burberry prep and Prescott high RH books. I love badass strong heroine who has her own power base.
😎That’s it thanks for lending me your ear.
- Off The Bench: #UofJ Book 4- Stand-alone Novel (U of J) by Alley Ciz <— LIVE!! THE NERD & THE CHEERLEADER! “…Sweet. Shy. The star of all my hot nerd fantasies, but utterly blind to my flirtations. Giving in to his plea to be his love coach may seem drastic, but I’m desperate for the chance to come off the bench. Too bad the friend zone was a hell of a lot safer for my heart...”
- Death of the Matchmaker by Angelica Kate <— LIVE!!
- Deliciously Sinful Liaisons: A Steamy Romance Boxset by The Lord of Lust (Pages on Fire Collections Book 1) by L.M. Mountford <— SUPER-STEAMY SERIES BUNDLE!! “…Do you love hard men, strong women, sizzling chemistry and scenes that make Fifty Shades of Grey look like five shades of beige?
Well, here you go… 7 Books, 7 hard and rugged men, 7 sizzling page turners that will have you devouring every word from start to finish…..”
- The Aces Complete Series: Extended Editions of Books 1-3 (Deviants & Doves Series 1: The Aces Trilogy) by A.J. Macey <— TRILOGY BUNDLE!!!
- Whiskey Burning (Iron Fury MC Book 1) by Bella Jewel <— AIMEE LOVED THIS ONE!
Aimee: Hey!!! I’m on a Bella Jewel kick!!! I just finished the first book in Iron Fury MC series and loved it! So much angst and drama!!! Just my type!!! But if you really want to hate and love a hero than Maverick is just the one!! Love his character in the first book Whiskey Burning. Ends sorta on a cliffhanger 😳
Maryse: Luckily there are more books in the series after this one!! 😀
- Criminals of The Ocean by Bella Jewel <— AIMEE ALSO ENJOYED THIS ONE!
Aimee: Also finished book 1 and 2 of the series: Criminals of The Ocean by Bella Jewel loved both of them!! Modern day pirate stories! 4*
Tasha J: I also read Enslaved by the Ocean waaay back in 2013!! I loved it.
Jean: Enslaved by the Ocean by Bella Jewel? So good!
Sharalee: I was scrolling through your upcoming books and noticed some missing that I think readers would be excited about:
- King of Battle and Blood (Adrian X Isolde Book 1) by Scarlett St. Clair
- Power and Pentad: Part Two (Shadows and Shade Book 6) by Amanda Cashure
- Blood Bonds (The Bonds that Tie Book 3) by J Bree
- Save Me (WITSEC Book 2) by Ashley N. Roste
- Take Me by CD Reiss <— SWATHI LOVED THIS ONE!
Swathi: “Take me” was absolutely spellbinding! And ends with one hell of a cliffhanger.
- Rooted by Susan Fanetti <— JAN REALLY LIKED THIS ONE!
Jan: another book i really liked – Rooted by Susan Fanetti.
A couple meets in a cafe in Paris, but in this one, he’s the writer, not her. He’s a widow and a successful writer. They are a more mature aged couple (which I like). They have a mad summer fling in Paris, but when they go home to US, they have to deal with how things are different. It’s a lovely book.
- Throne of Glass eBook Bundle: An 8 Book Bundle by Sarah J. Maas <— THRONE OF GLASS SUPER-SALE SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! THANK YOU CAROLINE!!
Caroline: Throne of Glass series bundle on sale
Tiffany: I love, love, love the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas!
MichelleS: Throne of Glass. I loved that one as much as ACOTR. Kick ass female characters, and beyond yummy male characters. And the Fae. Mic drop….
Recent reads for me:
Underneath It All by Kate Canterbary. The first book in her terrific Walshes series. This was a reread and I enjoyed it again. High achieving young teacher too busy for romance, and hot architect who usually goes for a different ‘type’, But there’s just something that connects between them and they can’t fight it.
I’m currently reading After Dark With the Duke by Julia Anne Long (HR). Liking it so far. Long is great at writing banter. The young opera singer hiding from a scandal, and staying at the same hotel is the very serious, ex-military, much older duke. It’s a slow burn, but good so far. Also kind of enemies-to-lovers.
The Spice King by Elizabeth Camden. Set in Washington in 1900. Clean, Christian romance. A good story.
The Sinful Ways of Jamie Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley. (HR) An enjoyable read about the next-gen Mackenzies. Jamie is Ian’s son (from the much-loved The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie). Apparently Ms Ashley is going to write a new series about the children of the Mackenzies. This is the first one 😀
Also currently reading The Secret Wife of Aaron Burr by Susan Holloway Scott. Based on real people (Burr was the one who killed Alexander Hamilton in a duel). It’s told from the POV of Mary, a woman who was sold into slavery as a child, and her fascinating story. Good so far (although horrifying in parts – the way some people treated their slaves).
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Pocket8s: A psychothriller about choice, chance, timing – euthanasia – and…luck. by Amy Sewell – January 1st 2022
- The Girl in the Mist: A Misted Pines Novel by Kristen Ashley – January 4th 2022
- A Grave Girls’ Getaway by Jeaniene Frost – January 4th 2022
- Love at First Spite: A Novel by Anna E. Collins – January 4th 2022
- Sins & Salvation (Rapture & Ruin Book 3) by Julia Sykes – January 4th 2022
- On the Sweet Side (The Wish Series Book 3) by Audrey Carlan
- Invisible: A Novel by Danielle Steel – January 4th 2022
- Ashes (Men of Inked: Heatwave Book 9) by Chelle Bliss – January 4th 2022
- Shielding Sierra (Delta Team Two Book 8) by Susan Stoker – January 4th 2022
- Only One Mistake (Only One Series Book 6) by Natasha Madison – January 4th 2022
- Murder Most Fancy by Kellie McCourt – January 5th 2022
- Two Doors Down by Elle Spellman – January 6th 2022
- Her First Taste of Fire (Shadowvale Book 5) by Kristen Painter – January 7th 2022
- Juniper Hill (The Edens) by Devney Perry – January 11th 2022
- Hearts on Ice (The Hopefuls) by MJ Fredrick – January 11th 2022
- Put Me in Detention by Meghan Quinn – January 11th 2022
- Wright Rival by K.A. Linde – January 11th 2022
- Twilight at Moorington Cross by Abigail Wilson – January 11th 2022
- Dragon Unbound: A Dragon Kings Novella by Donna Grant – January 11th 2022
- Baden: A Pittsburgh Titans Novel by Sawyer Bennett – January 11th 2022
- The Siren of Sussex (Belles of London Book 1) by Mimi Matthews – January 11th 2022
- On The Honey Side by Staci Hart – January 11th 2022
- Triple Threat by K Webster – January 11th 2022
- Shopping for a Highlander by Julia Kent – January 11th 2022
- Dating the Duke (The Aristocrat Diaries Book 2) by Emma Hart – January 11th 2022
- The Family You Make: A Novel (The Sunrise Cove Series Book 1) by Jill Shalvis – January 11th 2022
- Best Kept Secret (Rochester Trilogy Book 3) by Skye Warren – January 11th 2022
- Beautiful Nightmare by Giana Darling – January 13th 2022
- Mystic Veil: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel: (Poppy’s Potions) (Haven Hollow Book 11) by J.R. Rain and H.P. Mallory – January 15th 2022
- Endgame Romance (Lost Daughter of a Serial Killer Book 3) by C.M. Stunich – January 16th 2022
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!