HAPPY FRIDAY!!! Today’s Friday Finds is extra loaded, and I’ll be adding more throughout the day, if anything goes live or if I see a super-bargain that can’t be missed.
P.S. MY LATEST REVIEW IS UP!! ➔ Book Review – Trespassing: A Novel by Brandi Reeds
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- His Pawn by Emily Snow <— EMILY SNOW’S LATEST IS LIVE!! HE HAD A PROPOSITION FOR HER WHEN SHE LOST HER TUITION… 😉 “…My name is Eleanor Courtney, and I’m the first to admit my mistakes. Agreeing to crawl into bed with the devil in a designer suit might be my biggest ever. Because he said something else to me that night: “I don’t want to sleep with you, Elle, that would be too easy. I want to possess you.” And Senator Graham Delaney—well, he always gets exactly what he wants.“
- Tulsa by S.L. Scott <— LIVE!!!! S.L. SCOTT’S LATEST!!! ROCK STAR ALERT (and can be read as a standalone)! “...Tulsa Crow can save his pick up lines, great eight-pack abs, and cute dimples to use on someone else. My band earned their spot on The Resistance’s tour just like The Crow Brothers. I’m not going to blow it getting sidetracked by a cocky rock star that wants to sleep his way through the states. I’ve been called a name or two, but easy isn’t one of them. But the best intentions with him turn into a walk of shame for me. Only, I don’t feel shame. Instead, I’m doing the very thing I said I wouldn’t—falling for a playboy...”
- Maybe Don’t Wanna (The Simple Man Series Book 2) by Lani Lynn Vale <— LIVE!!! LANI LYNN VALE ALERT!! HE’S AN ANTI-HERO… “…Parker’s spent his life trying to get back on the right side of the tracks, but each step he takes forward, he takes two more steps back. To save one, he hurts others. To make this good, he turns that bad. For appearances’ sake, he plays the part. He does what people expect him to do—mostly. And at the end of each day, he goes back to his lonely apartment and wishes he was a different person. One who could fix the things he’s broken. Then Kayla Nash forces her way into his life…”
- Iron Princess (Savage Trilogy Book 2) by Meghan March <— Lisa IS LOVING this series!!
Lisa: So excited for Iron Princess that I started & finished it today. Love this series. Only a month to wait for the final book. I can handle that!! Tessa get started with Savage Prince: An Anti-Heroes Collection Novel (Savage Trilogy Book 1) you will love it!!
- Asphalt Cowboys by Madison Sevier <– JO FELL IN LOVE WITH A TRUCKER!!
Jo: Everyone says truckers are horrible people, but I found the Asphalt Cowboys (Renegade and Phoenix) by Madison Sevier and wow! Heart, depth and true love between these characters blew my mind. Total trucker respect now! And so HOT!
- Execution (Off Balance Book 2) by Lucia Franco <— FORBIDDEN LOVE & IT’S BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE Robyn lost her mind over it!!
Robyn: OMG! Just finished Execution by Lucia Franco. I don’t know what to do with myself over these books! I was like, he did NOT just do that! But, then I was like, YES, yes he should do that…most definitely. Then I hated him again for doing that. GAH! My morals and ethics tell me I’m totally against this underage forbidden thing going on. But, then I’m like what if…..whah! I’m all over the place. Lucia please put me out of my misery and release book 3, which happens to be named Release! This a complete trainwreck and I really need to know what happens next! Don’t you have any pull on this Maryse?!
Nay: I finished Execution and LOVED — SOOOO worth the wait!! Angst and super-forbidden romance in spades with a majorly sexy, broody, commanding Russian to boot, and Kova’s all MINE!! Now I’m not so upset that I was late to the ‘Will’ party. lol
- The Replacement Wife: A Psychological Thriller by Britney King
- Forsaken by B. B. Hamel <—PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!! MY FRIEND LORI REDESIGNED THIS COVER!! Gorgeous and dark-sounding and eerie and I am so intrigued. She was his gift… “I was stolen and gifted to him – a dominating, brutal and a cold hearted killer. My pleas fall on deaf ears as I stay trapped and held hostage to his will. He could do anything he wanted with me. And I know what it is he’s looking for…” and then!!! “…With each gentle touch and act of kindness that lures me closer to him, I’m finding it impossible to remember why I should fight this.”
- Dark Queen (Jane Yellowrock) by Faith Hunter <— FAITH HUNTER RECENT RELEASE FEEDBACK ALERT! Laura has feedback for us!!!
Laura: Totally stunned by the ending of Dark Queen by Faith Hunter! I finished the book and immediately had to scour the Internet to find out if this was the last book in the series. Faith Hunter blew up the world she’s spent years creating.
Tessa: WHAT LAURA SAID! Seriously, Dark Queen is the book I was ranting over and crying over yesterday. She just flipped everything on end! That book will stay with me for a VERY long while. Two more books, though! Thank GOD! If not, it wouldn’t have ended on a CH, but would have destroyed me instead.
- Fake Wife by Stacey Lynn <— OMG THIS SOUNDS SO GOOOOOOD!! STACEY LYNN SUPER-BARGAIN!!! She almost accidentally kills him… and then he makes her an irresistible offer 😉 “First I lose my job. Then I come home and find out—in the most graphic way possible . . . yeah, that way—that my boyfriend is a cheating jerk. And then I speed off and nearly kill Portland’s sexiest bachelor. Corbin Lane should be pissed. Instead, he offers me more money than I’ve ever seen in my life to marry him and live together in a mansion for two years. No sex. No feelings. Just cash—enough to make all my dreams come true. Then we go and break all our rules . . . and I realize I’m falling in love with my fake fiancé...”
- Bloom (Evergreen Series Book 3) by Cassia Leo <— LIVE!!!! The series is complete! Bloom is the heart-pounding, emotional conclusion to the Evergreen Series from New York Times bestselling author Cassia Leo. P.S. And here are the first two books in the series!!
- Sidebarred: A Legal Briefs Novella by Emma Chase <— Sky recommends it!
Sky: I have read your review about Sustained (Jake and Chelsea). and the review was great. Jake is one of my favourite leading man. If you want more “Jake and Chelsea” fix (Don’t forget the kids) you should read Sidebarred: A Legal Briefs Novella. It’s a short and sweet novella including Jake and Chelsea now happily married. You will not regret it. 🙂
- Doppelbanger by Heather M. Orgeron <— LIVE!!! HE’S A SINGLE FATHER… “...Jeffrey Ryan never imagined that at nearly forty he’d find himself widowed and a single dad. But here he is–stumbling through this thing called life with two impressionable daughters watching his every move. When Gina and Jeffrey meet while cruising the Caribbean, sparks fly and not in a good way. He’s too old. Too blond. Too stiff. Yet she’s still drawn to him like a moth to a flame. She’s too vulgar. Too sassy. Too wild. But she ignites something inside of him he can’t ignore…“
Jessica: It’s so funny!
Ashley: Finished this book yesterday and I loved it!
- Jock Row (Jock Hard Book 1) by Sara Ney <— SARA NEY’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! LOLLLLL!!!! THIS SOUNDS SOOOOO FUNNNN!!!! She keeps her friends out of trouble, and the college sports heroes are sick of her! “…Being a well known jock-blocker gets her noticed for all the wrong reasons; just like that, she’s banned from Jock Row. NO GUY WANTS A GIRL AROUND WHO KEEPS THEIR JOCK FRIENDS FROM GETTING LAID. “Rowdy” Wade is the hot shot short-stop for the universities baseball team—and the unlucky bastard who drew the short straw: keep little Miss Goody Two-Shoes out of the Baseball House. But week-after-week Scarlett returns, determined to get inside…”
Sali: Ohhhhh this looks good! …this could be a good sports rom-com read!!!
- Back River Quiver by Alexa Riley <— LIVE!!!! ALEXA RILEY’S LATEST!! I am laughing SO hard at their warning at the end of the blurb. HILARIOUS. And here’s just a snippet of the actual blurb: “…Rixen has been praying for God to send him his angel, his rightful mate who will live with him in the swamp and bear his children. When he finds the strawberry-blonde beauty before him in danger, he doesn’t hesitate to save her. Then claim his reward…”
- Ride by Harper Dallas <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE R. LOVED IT TOO!
R.: I just finished Kandace’s rec, Ride by Harper Dallas, and I second it! Great debut! You know I’m not a fan of naked torso covers, but aside from that, this one is a bit misleading. It’s about a broody mega-star broken snowboarder, not a hoodie-wearing vampire biker…
- JETT (A Brikken Motorcycle Club Saga Book 2) by Debra Kayne <— LIVE!!! BIKER BOOK ALERT!! And Fiona loved it!
Fiona: I have read the second book this morning in the series by Debra Kayne another great MC series of hers. This is the second book just out on the oldest son Jett (A Brikken Motorcycle Club) of the President of the MC Chief. What I love about Debra Kayne’s MC books is that they are gritty, real & a good rollercoaster story with the H & H.
In this book Jett who is totally alpha but makes no apologies for it which I love falls for Sydney a run away in the foster system; yes he is older & she is younger but there is no underage hanky panky! until shes older. A lot happens in this book; Sydney has been through the mill & finds it hard to trust anyone; she only has her younger sister Kylie at the start who is still in the foster care system. It shows the importance of family no matter what & how the MC rally around Sydney, her sister & Jett.
Would recommend the series; the next book is about the next brother Olin.
APRIL FAVORITES ROUNDUP:
- The Transcend Duet by Jewel E. Ann <— OBVIOUSLY!! 😉 Maryse: Favorite book in April? Mine was Transcend & Epoch.
Cassey: I read these bc of your recommendation! Loved it, thanks!!
Amy: My favorite for April was Transcend/Epoch!
Ari: Transcend & Epoch!
Nikki: Same books!
bev: My favorite is Transcend….i think only one I read. So same as Maryse and Amy!
Robyn: Agreed! Loved that duet. Maybe favorite this year.
Victoria: I loved those too, but my favorite was The Birthday List.
Anna: Transcend and Epoch Love all of Jewel E. Ann books as well!!!!!
Kate: The duet has stayed with me for awhile. Jewel E Ann is a wonderful writer!
Maria: I’m feeling like I need to read this duet!!!!
Linda: Definitely the duet and Our Unscripted Story by L.A. Fiore. All 5*****
- Outnumbered by Shay Savage <— Essa: Outnumbered by Shay Savage!
- Skygods (The Hydraulic Series Book 2) by Sarah Latchaw <— R’S favorite!
R: Mine was Hydraulic Level Five/Skygods. You: A Novel came in second.
Carol: I read those years ago. Soooo good.
- Sugar Bowl Series by Sawyer Bennett <— Leslie’s favorite!
Leslie: My fave April read was Sugar Bowl series by Sawyer Bennett. 4.5 stars I typically don’t like romantic suspense, but this was exciting and hard to put down.
- The Boy and His Ribbon (Ribbon Duet Book 1) by Pepper Winters <— MichelleS’s favorite!!
April fave – a total surprise. You’d think Transcend & Epoch duo, right right? Well, when I look at my Kindle, the one book that stands out is A Boy and his Ribbon. Yup. Who knew? Story is still staying with me.
What I’m reading right now: Jack & Jill series book three. I’m hooked. Book two gutted me.
- Dive Series by Kylie Scott <— Megan: Dirty and Twist by Kylie Scott!
- Hollow Folk Series by Gregory Ashe<— Teri: “Gregory Ashe’s Hollow Folk series. New author to me. YA/M/M/ paranormal. Intense.”
- The Pebble Jar by H.A. Robinson<— Carol: The Pebble Jar. Loved it.
- Secondborn Series by Amy Bartol <— Tessa LOVED it!
Tessa: Best Book of April time! Mine was between three books. Well, two were a series so I count it as one. However, the series stood out Secondborn (Secondborn Series Book 1) and Traitor Born (Secondborn Series Book 2) by Amy Bartol just blew me away. It was so high in angst, GAH. I loved it. It beat out Psychic’s Spell (Legion of Angels Book 6) by Ella Summers and Sleeping with Monsters (Playing with Monsters Book 2) by Amelia Hutchins. I’m still waiting on book three though. It’s not a complete series yet.
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (A few of next week’s!!! )
- Hooked On You (The Chicago Rebels Series Book 4) by Kate Meader – May 7th 2018
- BAD BOY BRODY by Tijan – May 7th 2018
- Pick Six (Mavericks Tackle Love Book 2) by Max Monroe – May 8th 2018
- Passion Rising (Original Sin Book 4) by J.A. Huss – May 8th 2018
- The Dating Experiment by Emma Hart – May 8th 2018
- The World of All Souls: The Complete Guide to A Discovery of Witches, Shadow of Night, and The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy) by Deborah Harkness – May 8th 2018
- Straight Up Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor Book 2) by Lexi Ryan – May 8th 2018
- Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels) by Ilona Andrews – May 8th 2018
- Death Doesn’t Bargain: A Deadman’s Cross Novel by Sherilyn Kenyon – May 8th 2018
- In Shining Armor: Billionaires in Disguise: Flicka (Runaway Princess Book 2) by Blair Babylon – May 8th 2018
- Pieces of Eight (Mad Love Duet Book 2) by Whitney Barbetti – May 9th 2018
- How To Marry A Werewolf: A Claw & Courtship Novella by Gail Carrier – May 13th 2018
- Planet Dragos: A Novella of the Elder Races by Thea Harrison – May 14th 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).