<— I’m thinking THIS is one of the major stars of the week. Month? Maybe even year? I MUST read this ASAP ’cause the recommendations are coming in and this sounds like my ultimate read! And YAY ME! It reads as a standalone! (But for those that wanna start from the beginning, here’s the Fighting Series Reading Order)
Veronica: I’ve just finished “fighting to forget” by jb Salisbury and must say what a lovely heartbreaking story! I was glued overnight right till the last page, all the way through I was on an emotional roller coaster! Once again another great recommendation! Happy reading!
Kat: I just finished this last night. Emotional roller coaster!! I really enjoyed it and my heart broke for all the characters I haven’t read any of the others in the series but that didn’t impact my enjoyment of the book. Great standalone!
Lori: I love this series…can’t wait to get to the latest!
Shannon: Amazing book! I have loved every single one of them!
So let’s consider that one on my main TBR list (at the top) plus a few from last week’s list like Frenched (absolutely for me, I just know it, especially considering the feedback on it), and Crazy Good (Navy Seal and I hear tearjerker and just plain awesome).
And these are making me twitchy. The kind of “lock myself in a room for two weeks and just read my heart out” kind of twitchy!!! Tethered, Against All Odds, The End Came With A Kiss oh and so many more. I pretty much noted a ton of ’em below that look sooooooo good. This list rocks!
P.S. Review to come shortly from the latest awesome book I read, ’cause I’ve been thinking about him for days —>Hard Time (a preview: I’m giving it 4.5 stars).
Okay so here are all of today’s “finds” (including pre-orders!):
P.P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- In Love With Lucy (NSFW) by C.C. Wood <— JUST RELEASED! “Lucy’s girlfriends think she’s nuts for leaving a job that pays well and includes a boss who doubles as eyecandy. What they don’t know is that Christopher James Barden the Third may be pretty to look at but he has a giant stick up his ass.” <— LOL!!! I love it when the handsome bosses are jerks! Oh wait, I love it when all the book-men are jerks. *giggle*
- Fighting to Forget (Fighting Series) by J.B. Salsbury <— BOOK BASH author, and I’m hearing her latest release is her best one yet!!!! Veronica says: “I’ve just finished “fighting to forget” by jb Salisbury and must say what a lovely heartbreaking story! I was glued overnight right till the last page, all the way through I was on an emotional roller coaster! Once again another great recommendation! Happy reading!”
- Broken Wings by Erika Ashby <— A ton of great reviews. Looks all sorts of angsty! Ohhh right! I remember this one from a few weeks ago! “Married to Lincoln, a military pilot, she’s living the Army life she’s always loved. Being a sucker for great love stories, Lynsie makes it her mission to find Lincoln’s best friend and co-pilot, Dax Adams, a good woman.” <— That part made me ruh roh.
- Tethered by L.D> Davis <— recommended by Shanda and her recommendation alone is giving me a *jolt*!! “You want angst? Tethered by LD Davis I am 70% in and I don’t know how much more I can take, seriously you will be in angstville ( I recommend reading Accidentally on Purpose and Worthy of Redemption by LD Davis before Tethered even though you don’t have to).” AND THEN she said: “And I thought it couldn’t get any worse …….this is killing me!!!!” <— *eeeeeep* YAY ME!!! (P.S. Here is the other series she was referring to: Accidentally Series Reading Order)
- Vendetta by Autumn Karr <— What an intriguing blurb!! The reviews are a bit all over in the 5 to 3 starring categories, but from the synopsis I am curious!
- Beautiful Failure (Beautiful Series) by Mariah Cole <— Hrmmm… in my Amazon scrolling, I found this one. Bargain priced, intriguing synopsis, and plenty of good reviews. “My name is Emerald Anderson and I’m not going to bullish!t you: I flunked out of college after my sophomore year, I’ve been fired from every job I’ve ever taken, and I’ve never had a fully functioning relationship in my life. … He’s the first man who’s ever pursued me, the first man who seems bent on finding out why I am the way I am, but he’s wasting his time. I’m not broken. I don’t need to be fixed. I’m perfectly fine being a beautiful failure…“
- Dear Emily (Forever Family) by Trudy Stiles <— SO MANY awesome reviews!!! “Two women. Carly and Tabitha. They each have suffered life-altering events that have left them both traumatically damaged.“
- Liberated (Volume 2 Steel Infidels Biker MC Romance) by Dez Burke <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! It’s a brand new release.
- Tear Asunder: Bonus Edition by Nashoda Rose <— Crazy “dark” story (I read the prequel) and yep… she gets kidnapped. But it’s the “who” kidnapped her part that really freaked me out. I need to finish this series, and guess what. Here it is, completely bundled with extras! “Bonus Issue includes novella “With You”, novel “Torn from You” and a Logan POV scene extra.”
- KNOX: Volume 3 by Cassia Leo <— JUST RELEASED!!!
- SLADE: Captive to the Dark by Alaska Angelini <— DARK READ ALERT! Fairly recent release, but not one that I’ve heard of before (although it’s got good reviews so far). In my searching the blurb caught my eye (he’s on a revenge mission… and): “Slade ends up falling for his captive, and is faced with a decision that might just cause him to lose the one thing he doesn’t want to let go.“
- BLAKE: Captive to the Dark by Alaska Angelini <— and book #2 was just released! I can’t read the blurb though ’cause I think it’s a continuation of #1.
- Escorted by Claire Kent <— Oh!! I loved this one a year or so ago (here’s my review) and it’s on sale right now!!
- Unfixable (Entangled Embrace) by Tessa Bailey <— This one was just release a few days ago, and it on sale right now!! I totally loved another book by this author, and I’m hearing great things about this one! Jessica recommends it: “I’m reading Unfixable by Tessa Bailey. It’s a spinoff of her Line of Duty series. Hot Irish race car driver reluctantly peruses snarky ex goth while she’s staying in his family owned Inn/Pub. Shane is deliciously swoon worthy and Willa is my type of people. I haven’t read the previous books in the series but after reading this I’m definitely going to be one clicking them soon. Check it out.“
- Against All Odds by Angie McKeon <— and this new release is now on sale! And I’m hearing it’s PAINFUL in it’s angst. YAY!!! I like the sound of that (I’m a sucker for pain!) In fact, Rebecca just posted:
Rebecca: Maryse, I’m reading Against All Odds right now, and it is beyond angst. I haven’t cried, cringed, or felt my heart constrict so much with a book. Might be right up your angsty alley. I’m actually taking a break right now at 54% to read something…God just something not so heart-wrenching. Anyone else reading this?
Maria: im almost done with it at 90% this poor couple!!!
Rebecca: Oh God, is it still this intense at 90%? I think this book might kill me
Maryse: GAH!!! I love the sound of this!!
Kelly: Read it and loved it even though it destroyed me a bit.
Stephanie: This book sounds scary! LOL
Rebecca: It is scary! There are definite points when I’m not sure either of the main characters is redeemable. Ah! And there are others… I’ll say no more about that…but broken hearts galore
Maria: but i will say there will be a book 2… different chatacter…
- What Happens In Vegas… Doesn’t Always Stay There.: The Porter Brothers by Terry Towers <— Consider me titillated!!! This looks like bad girl fun, and… “Meeting NYPD officers Dane and Graham Porter in Vegas gives her an opportunity to be the bad girl she thinks she needs to be. After a night of passion, she finds herself embarrassed of her wanton behavior, but takes solace in the fact she can put the night behind her once she returns home. Back in New York just when she thinks she can forget what happened in Vegas, destiny shows it has other plans. When there’s a break-in at her boutique, it’s the sexy-as-sin Porter brothers who are sent to her rescue intent on stirring up the feelings of abandon she’s trying to forget.” <— TEE HEE!!! 😛 Oh yah. I one-clicked that one.
- Bad Rep by A. Meredith Walters <— Thanks Nancy for this find! Both books in this series (both standalones)! I liked this one (here’s my review)
- Perfect Regret (Bad Rep) by A. Meredith Walters <— here’s the other one!
- Love, Your Concierge by Jessica Ingro <— Good reviews for this one, and Debi recommends it! “I love Grant Morgan and you have to meet him!!!” —- Ohhhh another brooding, unattainable “boss” type. I like these! “Hello. I’m Elizabeth – your personal concierge. My job is to play fairy godmother to the rich and famous. The universal rulebook may say to never mix business with pleasure, but its author never worked for Grant Morgan, my sexy and brooding client. As a top attorney in Manhattan, Grant is used to calling the shots and dominating everything he touches. He also changes girlfriends as often as I pick up his dry cleaning. A part of me still wishes I could let him command my body and take me in ways I’ve never imagined, though. One moment of weakness is all it takes to change everything forever.” and then… “I’m in love and completely terrified. With lines blurred, I find myself lying, cheating and stealing to protect myself from being hurt. But my choices affect more than just me and now I’m not so sure what I’m trying to protect myself from.” <– Ruh roh!!!
- Falling (The Fading Series #3) by E.K. Blair <— Kat found us this deal saying: “…its #3 but it also says it can read first in the series” – LOTS of great reviews!!
- CARNAGE: Book #1 The Story Of Us by Lesley Jones <— Simone just said: “Omg if u haven’t read Carnage By Lesley Jones yet u need to loved it…” Okay! Lemme take a look. 😀 Looks good! Lots of good reviews and “…he owns my heart and he owns my body and no matter how many lies are told, no matter how many people conspire to keep us apart, despite the fame and the distance, we will find a way.”
- Tainted Bodies (Crime Romance: The Photographer Trilogy #1) by Sarah Robinson <— Stephanie found us this deal saying: “With the New Release of Tainted Pictures, Author Sarah Robinson is celebrating making #35 on Amazon’s Best Seller list! For the next two days, she’s offering both books in The Photographer Trilogy…“
- Tainted Pictures (Crime Romance: The Photographer Trilogy #2) by Sarah Robinson <— and here’s book #2 that was JUST RELEASED!!
- Black Butterfly by Sienna Mynx <— Stephanie found us this one too saying: “Black Butterfly by Sienna Mynx Multi-cultural Romance… !” and S. Camargo loves it! “I loved this read! All Sienna Mynx’s reads are awesome!”
- Seeking Havok by Lila Felix <— Kat found us this deal! Good reviews, sounds angsty. Troubled teen trying to avoid being noticed, strikes up a friendship with a guy… the blurb is definitely better than what I just write. LOL!
- The Beautiful People (The New Mafia Trilogy) by E.J. Fechenda <— and Stephanie found us this deal, too, saying: “I’m ALWAYS looking for a thrilling MAFIA Romance story…” – Oh yes… sounds good! “From the first night as a Crimson employee she falls for the handsome bartender, despite her brother’s protests and warnings about the guy. With a cool job, a hot man and more than enough money to pay her bills, life was looking up for Natalie. Things drastically change when she witnesses her brother kill three men and discovers he’s a soldier for the Philly Mob. Dominic is too. In fact, his family is the mafia. Suddenly Natalie is a liability and she’s given an ultimatum: keep quiet or die.“
- America’s Bravest (Hidden Cove) by Kathryn Shay <— her entire firefighter series (lots of good reviews!) has been bundled. Over 600 pages! (thanks Aimee). 😀
- The Nik of Time (Assassin/Shifters) by Sandrine Gasq-Dion <— M/M romance (the series “name” suggests paranormal but the synopsis indicates no such thing… so I’m not sure?) (and again, great reviews!) – Thanks Aimee!
- Touching Scars by Stacy Borel <— MILITARY MAN ALERT! Aimee found us this deal! “Timber Nelson has recently returned home after serving two tours in Iraq. Suffering from PTSD, he’s a shadow of the man he was before his time in the military. Instead of learning to live with the nightmares he faced in the war, he drowns them in a bottle of Crown.” Looks like both main characters have emotional scars…
- The End Came With A Kiss (Beautiful Dead) by John Michael Hileman <— Aimee found it for us saying: “calling all zombie lovers!! This one looks like a doozie…high ratings” and OH WOW!! What an intriguing synopsis. “My friends and I used to laugh about the zombie apocalypse, the absurdity of it. But when it came, it was nothing like the movies had portrayed. We couldn’t have had it more wrong. There was no gore. There was no blood or tearing of flesh. It was the most beautiful thing the world had ever seen, and that was what took us by surprise. We were not prepared to have our destruction lure us in like a harlot.
You see, the end did not come with a scratch or a bite. It came with a kiss.” <— WHOA!
- Sweet, Spicy and Sinful: Anthology by Audrey Harte, B.A. Wolfe, Kathryn McNeill Crane , Kimberly Knight, LU Ann, Lynetta Halat, Melanie Dawn, Mia Michelle, Sexxa Kohl, Trudy Stiles <— Lea found us this one saying: “New anthology just released!! A few that I love are on here and all proceeds are being donated to RAINN.org in honor of Sexual Awareness month!” and Trisha says: “I really do not know many of the other stories in this Anthology, but I can highly recommend Away by Author B.A. Wolfe, I Loved the beautiful and heart wrenching story!” Oh!! And I read “Every Rose” and really enjoyed that one, and my friend Sherry Loved “Dear Emily”. Yep… I think you can’t go wrong with this awesome anthology. Those are full length stories!
- Three Days of Rain by Christine Hughes <— Kat found us this one (sounds very angsty) and Stephanie agrees: “This looks really intriguing and different. Is it a romance? I had to one click!”
- A Lush Betrayal (Lush No. 1) by Selena Laurence <— this one from the last list is really sounding like an angst-ridden hit, too! Shannon says: “Excellent book! … I just loved the different layers of guilt and betrayal.”
Highly anticipated PRE-ORDERS (most for this Tuesday!!):
- Love, in English by Karina Halle. YAY!! It’ll be released April 20th!! I LOVE this author and can’t wait to read this one! Her first contemporary romance!!!
- A Song for Us (White Trash) by Teresa Mummert – expected release April 22nd 2014
- East of Ecstasy (Hearts of the Anemoi) by Laura Kaye – expected release April 22nd 2014
- Good Girls Don’t Date Rock Stars by Codi Gary <— that title makes me squee! – expected release April 22nd 2014
- Happenstance: a Novella by Jamie McGuire <— Whoooohooo!!! A 100 page novella that’ll be starting a new contemporary series by one of my FAV authors! It’s coming out on May 9th 2014!
- After This Night (Seductive Nights) by Lauren Blakely
- Better When He’s Bad (Welcome to the Point) by Jay Crownover expected release date June 17th 2014
- One More Chance: A Rosemary Beach Novel by Abbi Glines – expected release date September 2nd 2014 (check out the giveaway we’re doing, right here).