- Uncovered by Emily Snow <— JUST RELEASED! Sounds like an interesting mystery romance. 😉 “My stepmother who took everything after my father died fourteen years ago. The plan was simple—figure out what role she played in my father’s death and expose her to the world. But here’s another thing: simplicity doesn’t exist, and my plans are flawed from the beginning because I never anticipated Oliver. Sexy, too smart for his own good, and infuriating, he’s the one person who could blow my plans to uncover Margaret. She’s his mother, and in another life, that would have made him my stepbrother…” <— Ruh Roh!
- Bloom (Unspoken Series Book 5) by Marilyn Grey <— JUST RELEASED!! (for those of you following this sweet-sounding series)
- Wicked Innocence by Missy Johnson <— JUST RELEASED! Oh sounds like risky reading-fun, too! She’s 17, lead singer of a band (with fake ID). “Then He showed up. Saxon Waite, ex bad boy of rock. He’s hot as hell and so into me. But he’s also twenty-five.” <— *eeeep!*
- Vain – Part Two (The Vain Series Book 2) by Deborah Bladon <— Thank you Fabi for this heads-up!! She says: “Vain part two is out! Oh ladies, if you haven’t yet read it…I mentioned it before but didn’t want to yell and scream until part two came out. *yelling and screaming*” <— YAY!!!! (P.S. And here’s VAIN (The VAIN Series Book 1)) 😀
Happy Friday!! Or should I call it “happy squirrel-day”? ‘Cause that’s what this list is doing to me. 😉 What to do? What to choose next? Of course, I have my current “trusty” TBR list that I just know is a winner through and through. And then Tuesday’s new releases seems so AH-MAZING and I’ve already finished and LOVED one from that list (Ugly Love <— my review). But then… there’s THIS LIST. GAH! 😀
Which ones? All of ’em have me interested. But for me, these are especially tempting: Truce (her whole series is on sale, and I LOVE this author. I still haven’t read Truce, and it seems everyone loved it like crazy. In fact, it’s on another one of my TBR lists, so I’m excited about it’s sale price!). Okay and Lovely Vicious (that one there, to the left. The recommendations for this series have me SO excited that I didn’t even read the blurb. In fact, I was told to go in blind for maximum impact). YAY ME!! And The Good Girl (not bargain priced, but OMG that dark-read blurb made me *eeeeeep!!*) It sounds awesome. Destined Series Box Set (sounds like an angsty love-triangle with tragedy and such). I usually love those. Ohhhh and also this new release: The Unfortunates (sounds dark, too… she’s “trained”? Kidnapped? I dunno… but freaky-sounding!)
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Playing For Keeps (A Neighbor From Hell Series) by R.L. Mathewson <— I LOVE THIS SERIES!!! Or at least the first two books (I have to read the next two)!!!!!! *squeeeee!!!!* (here’s my book review)
- Perfection (A Neighbor From Hell) by R.L. Mathewson <— *happy dance* (here’s my *sort of* book review for this one —> This Isn’t my “official” review just yet, but I loved this book!!) <— LOL!!!
- Checkmate (A Neighbor from Hell) by R.L. Mathewson <— *happy dance*
- Truce (Neighbor from Hell) by R.L. Mathewson <— *happy dance*
- Keep Her (Grayson Sibling Series Book 2) by Faith Andrews <— JUST RELEASED!! “…brother’s best friend is the object of Riley’s affection and their intimate connection is impossible to resist.“
- The Good Girl by Mary Kubica <— JUST RECENTLY RELEASED!!! Not bargain priced at all, but that blurb gave me the stalker-creeps! “”I’ve been following her for the past few days. I know where she buys her groceries, where she has her dry cleaning done, where she works. I don’t know the color of her eyes or what they look like when she’s scared. But I will.” Born to a prominent Chicago judge and his stifled socialite wife, Mia Dennett moves against the grain as a young inner-city art teacher. One night, Mia enters a bar to meet her on-again, off-again boyfriend. But when he doesn’t show, she unwisely leaves with an enigmatic stranger. With his smooth moves and modest wit, at first Colin Thatcher seems like a safe one-night stand. But following Colin home will turn out to be the worst mistake of Mia’s life. ” <—- Eeeeeeeeeep!!!!
- Room For You (Cranberry Inn Book 1) by Beth Ehemann <— Stephanie found us this one today, and it’s got lots of good reviews!
- Room For More (Cranberry Inn Book 2) by Beth Ehemann <— it looks like book #2.5 will be out this upcoming Monday!
- High Stakes (A Dark Romance) by Vanessa Waltz <— MAFIA ROMANCE BOOK ALERT!! I’m bringing it back from last week’s list ’cause Andrea loved it! “Just read the most amazing book in a while. High Stakes by Vanessa Waltz. Haven’t read such a page turner in a while. Maryse you’ve got to try it. The heroine is so endearing.”
- Kill Devil Hills by Sarah Darlington <— Jenny found us one saying: “I loved this book!! And it is on sale for a limited time!!” A bit from the blurb: “Four months ago, Noah saved Georgie’s life, but he thought that was where his involvement with his friend’s sister would end. Now Georgie has returned home from the recovery facility her parents sent her away to and Noah, still haunted by the night that connects them, can’t stop himself from continuously trying to protect this girl he barely knows.“
- TRIPP (My Way Series Book 2) by H.J. Bellus <— Aimee found us this one! “Our relationship is what most would describe as fuel meeting fire. We were both hell bent on burning each other to the ground. Tripp was sexy as hell, a charismatic beast, and soon became one of my best friends. We shared a love of ice cream and tattoos as we blazed our own path that could only lead to a beautiful train wreck.”
- Lovely Vicious by Sara Wolf <— WHOA! I just realized, I have some pretty adamant recs for it!! Celeste says: “…it was… Perfect. I can’t say much without spoiling it, and I can’t believe I’m 40 years old and am so into this book, but it’s just amazing.” and Helen says: “Don’t read any blurb or reviews.Just go in blind.I promise you won’t regret it.” <— YAY!!! I love going in blind. I didn’t even read the blurb. 😀
- Savage Delight (Lovely Vicious Book 2) by Sara Wolf <— and here’s book #2!!
- Brutal Precious (Lovely Vicious Book 3) by Sara Wolf <— and here’s book #3 which was JUST RELEASED!!! This one might be fun for a weekend marathon… Yep. Did you see that? That’s me. Squirreling. 😛
- Destined Series Box Set: Mirage, Inception, Awakening, Facade and Epiphany by Ashley Suzanne <— Look what else Stephanie found us!! She says: “★ Destined Series Box Set by Ashley Suzanne ★ 5 Books in 1: Mirage, Inception, Awakening, Facade and Epiphany Get the entire series for 99¢! Great ratings and reviews!!!” Oh wow. Sounds Angsty and definitely love triangley!!” A bit from the blurb: “Mira and Danny are looking forward to their future as husband and wife. Everything was going according to plan. That was until tragedy struck them on graduation night leaving three broken people to pick up the pieces. Skylar has always stood in the background, watching his best friend begin a life with the woman he fell in love with until he can no longer keep a distance. Right when Mira thinks her life is back on track it spirals out of control.“
- Abstract Love by Samantha Christy <— I’m bringing this one back from last week’s list, too, ’cause Janet now recommends it! “This one was an uplifting take on a gut wrenching subject. Really sweet love story.” Oh yeah I remember this one! Two people from “different sides of the tracks” and then… “Fate has dealt them each an unfortunate blow. While they are fighting for life and facing mortality, they meet in the most unlikely place. Keri and Jace find they share a connection deeper than most people can fathom.“
- Hearts Attached by Scarlet Wolfe <— hrmmm… this one’s on sale and it looks pretty good. Three best friends (and neighbors) since childhood (two are twins)… and then, two of ’em fall in love and one of the twins does not like it. “This disapproval quickly tests Luke and McKenzie’s intense love for one another. Luke’s life has been mapped out for him since birth, with a sports scholarship hanging in the balance. He and McKenzie think their future together is finally on track, when they are struck with a much more serious dilemma…“
- The Arrangement (The Russian Guns Book 1) by Bethany-Kris <— MAFIA ALERT! Lauren recommends these: “…a Russian mafia love story. You will fall in love with Anton & Vine (Vivianna).”
- The Life (The Russian Guns Book 2) by Bethany-Kris <— and book #2 was JUST RELEASED!
- Perfected by You (Torn Trilogy Book 3) by JM Walker <— JUST RELEASED!!!
- Vanilla Twist: Heather & Tony (A Walk on the Wild Side Novel: Heather and Tony Book 2) by C.J. Ellisson <— Aimee found us this one!
- Vanilla on Top: A Walk on the Wild Side Novel (A Walk on the Wild Side Novel: Heather and Tony Book 1) by C.J. Ellisson <— and here’s book #1. LOTS of great reviews!! Oh wow this could be fun!! The last line of this blurb has me. “Top acquisitions officer and international playboy Tony Carmine is about to close the biggest deal of his career. But then he meets Heather at a speed dating event . . . and discovers losing control may be exactly what he needs. Her blossoming sensuality occupies his every thought, consuming him with the need to possess the most intriguing lover he’s ever encountered-until he walks into the boardroom and sees Heather on the other side of the negotiating table.“
- Grace Street (Chapter 8, #1) by Ella Dominguez <— DARK READ ALERT! Aimee found us this one asking about (mentioning the good reviews) and Stephanie said: “…her new novel/series, Grace Street (Chapter 8, #1), was in a league of its own. This twisted novel rocked my world! The hero and heroine were both strong yet very damaged. Their story was psychologically dark and gritty, and I couldn’t stop reading it!“
- Giving In: The Shore Series by M.R. Joseph <— Aimee found us this one and Lauren recommends it: “Great book….and the sequel just came out! I loved them both!” From the blurb, I’m getting the “player” meets the “jaded-in-love” girl: “…What she doesn’t have is the luxury of being someone’s first choice in the game of love. She always comes in a distant second place, leaving her guarded with her feelings. Lies, betrayal, and secrets of her past follow her wherever she goes, no matter how hard she tries to hide them. That is until she’s reunited with the one guy who can ignite the spark in her heart that’s been extinguished for so long.“
- Always In: The Shore Series Book 2 by M.R. Joseph <— And here’s book #2!
- Desired: Club Sin by Stacey Kennedy <— Aimee loved this one! “…amazing! I am really loving this series! This is the third book in the Club Sin series and the best so far, in my opinion. Each story can be read as a stand alone, but helps to have the background and history behind previous characters. I was hooked from the beginning and found it hard to put down.“
- Temptation (Club X Book 1) by K.M. Scott <— JUST RECENTLY RELEASED! Looks like it could be fun! “Olivia Lucas needs a job, and if that means working at a club that specializes in making members’ wildest fantasies come true, then that’s what she’ll do. A girl’s got to pay the rent, right? She never expected to fall for the gorgeous owner of Club X, though, but a man like him would never go for someone like her. Or would he?“
- Indiscretion: Volume One by Elisabeth Grace <— JUST RECENTLY RELEASED! (looks like a serial series). A bit from the blurb: “The fact that she worked for the competition should’ve been reason enough for me to leave her alone. I had a job to do that summer and f*cking Chloe wasn’t part of it. But I was like a man possessed. I’d do whatever it took to have her again.”
- The Unfortunates by Skyla Madi <— JUST RECENTLY RELEASED! Ooooh sounds like a dark read! Kidnap? Okay I really enjoyed another book by this author, and need to catch up with those, and suddenly, I’m quite excited about this one, too! I don’t know which part of the blurb to highlight. The whole thing sounds good! “He won’t hurt me and he won’t take from me, but he keeps me close… So close I can smell him on my skin even when I’m alone. Growing up it was ingrained in me that I do whatever I can to please my Fortunate. It was ingrained in me that I be loyal and faithful, and that I love my Fortunate more than I love myself. I expected that I’d want to please him. I expected that I would be loyal and faithful, just like I was taught… But I didn’t expect to fall in love with him.“
- Control Me (Barossa Series Book 1) by Elle Raven <— JUST RECENTLY RELEASED!
PRE-ORDERS (most of these are coming out this upcoming Monday/Tuesday)
- Captured by Jasinda Wilder <— This one has me extra excited to try it!! “I married a Marine. I knew the risks. Every time my husband shipped out, I knew there was a chance he wouldn’t come back. But Thomas always did. Always. Then one day two officers in full dress uniform knocked on my door and shattered my world.“
- Tempting Her Best Friend (A What Happens in Vegas Novel) (Entangled Lovestruck) by Gina Maxwell – releasing August 11th 2014
- Elicit (Eagle Elite Book 4) by Rachel Van Dyken – releasing August 11th 2014
- Undone by Maya Banks – releasing August 11th 2014
- The Shopaholic Series 6-Book Bundle: Confessions of a Shopaholic, Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, Shopaholic Ties the Knot, Shopaholic & Sister, Shopaholic & Baby, Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella – releasing August 11th 2014
- Show Me, Baby: A Masters of the Shadowlands Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Cherise Sinclaire – releasing August 12th 2014
- Indestructible (Harmony Book 3) by Angela Graham – releasing August 12th 2014
- Guardian: Book 6.5 (A Rylee Adamson Novella) by Shannon Mayer – releasing August 12th 2014
- Collin (A Forever Trilogy Novel, #5) by Sandi Lynn – releasing August 12th 2014
- Boycotts & Barflies by Victoria Michaels – releasing August 12th 2014