New year, new TBR list, right? Well… not really. Bigger TBR list, yes, but I’m not abandoning those that I added in last year. They are still calling to me like crazy. So while I’ve been reading some of these fantastic looking shiny new ones (and will still be reading them as I find the ones that “grab me”), I’ve also been backtracking and pulling out a few that have been waiting patiently. I’m gonna make a dent in it, if it’s the last thing I do! 😉
But since a few have asked for it…
Eduarda: And my question is…. What are You reading right now ??
Sarabeth: Ive been so out of the loop these past few mos. can you post you current BTR list? Thanks!
Maryse’s Book Blog: I will… it’s a bit of a mess though, ’cause I can’t stop “squirreling” over shiny new books (or older ones that come with a recommendation that has me leaping out of my seat) but I’ll do my best. Coming soon…
… here it is.
I’ve surfed through my books and some enticing recommendations I’ve received, and these are the books that have me currently juggling my TBR list. My hope is that this list will have (or will consist mostly of) books that I will never forget. Books that just by the title alone, I’ll be able to go into a “OMG SO good!!” what-it’s-about schpeel ’cause it affected me that much. *fingers crossed* I want to connect with them. And I want to LIVE it. So there you go, Universe. I’m putting that “out there”. 😉
Okay so this list doesn’t include any of upcoming releases that I’m anticipating (or the ones that I don’t even know about but that are sure to make me “squirrel” again) but these ARE the ones that I ABSOLUTELY want to read like crazy, and I’m hoping to get to them all, soon:
P.S. If you have a recommendations that you absolutely 5-star loved like crazy (that has left you in a love-fog, or shocked you out of your skin, or had you dreaming about it for days, or that has taken your #1 book-boyfriend spot and you don’t think he’ll ever be knocked from it – like my beloved Travis ;)), then please let me know in the comments. 😀
My latest (although not necessarily in this order) TBR list:
- Break In Two by MJ Summers <— brand new on my list (I found it while searching Amazon for great looking bargains), and it’s what I’m currently reading. Great number of awesome reviews, and while I find it has a more traditional “contemporary feel” at the moment (and hasn’t won me over yet), one of our fellow readers (Jennifer) just read it and freaked out, saying: “I’m 61% into Break In Two. My jaw just dropped!! It started a little slow for me, but I quickly fell in love with the characters and plot. I was waiting for a twist in the story, and BOOM! Twist it did!!! I am literally growling at my iPad right now! Can’t put it down!” <— So you know I am IN!!!! YIPPEEEEEEE!!!! Look at me dancing! —-> LOL! UPDATE – okay this one wasn’t working for me as much as I hoped. I may pick it back up later though…
- God Shaped Hole: A Novel by Tiffany DeBartolo <—- I LOVED this author’s book How to Kill a Rock Star and I hear this one will rock my world, too. Maybe not in the same way (not a rock star in this), but there is just SO much love for it that I’ve just got to read it ASAP! Also, I will need a box of tissues or three. So… there’s that… which is probably what’s been holding me back for now.
- Come to Me Quietly: The Closer to You Series by A.L. Jackson <— ohhhhhh the sheer number of awesome reviews this one already has, plus the fact that he’s a tortured, tattooed bad boy that she’s been crushing on since she was a kid (and he’s her brother’s best friend), and now that they’re adults, she comes home to find him on her couch well… all I can say is… MINE!!! <— UPDATE: READ!!! Reviewed! (So good!)
- Mine to Lose (Mine to Love) by T.K. Rapp <— also a new one that I wasn’t on my radar until last week’s bargain list and it is calling me because we all know that long-distance relationships are just asking for trouble. Wait wait waiiiiiiit. They work… they sure can. But there are all sorts of nasty emotions and insecurities that can come into play, and well… I totally wanna play with that. 😛 <— UPDATE: READ!!! Reviewed (very good!)
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green <— from what I hear, this is one of the most AMAZING perfect books in the world. And, well, after seeing all of the 5-star reviews, there is no way that many people can be wrong. So… what the heck am I waiting for!!??? Oh right. I don’t wanna cry. I mean, I DO. I love crying over book-relationship issues and angst… I just don’t like crying so much for… er… other stuff. And I fear this one. I know, I know… by not reading it, I’m only hurting myself.
- Sempre: Redemption by J.M. Darhower <— I LOVED LOVED LOVED book #1 (Sempre (Forever)) and I hear this newly released sequel is simply AMAZING.
- Beg Tease Submit – Sequence One (Songs of Submission (Sequence One)) by C.D. Reiss <— I hear this series is awesome and I have no idea why I have all of the books and have yet to read it. Especially since it’s one of my long-time reading buddies (who’s a little picky, I might add) that insists! Plus, every time I post about this series in one way or another, a ton jump in to praise it. *sigh* All I want to do is read read read read read, while I have a maid and a cook to handle the rest. Oh and there’s that thing called a job. 😛 Okay Universe, I’m putting that out there, too. 😉 <— READ!!!
- Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma <— I hear this is the ultimate in “make-us-uncomfortable” shocking and emotionally affecting taboo books. I want to read it ’cause it reeeeally messes with our fellow readers daring enough to jump in… but I’m a chicken. 😛 Still, you know I’m gonna read it. I just wonder how i’m gonna review it. 😉 <—- UPDATE: JUST READ IT AND LOVED IT!!!!! (my review)
- Rough Canvas: 6 (Nature of Desire) by Joey W. Hill <— m/m romance that has come HIGHLY recommended and has been deemed one of the best love/romance stories ever (by those that have recommended it). BIG time emotional connection to these guys, I hear.
- Hot Head by Damon Suede <— suuuper-steamy m/m romance that SO many in our group L-O-V-E!!! This one stands out for me in regards to the number of recommendations and reactions that have come my way.
- Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love and Devotion) by Tere Michaels <—- and yet another m/m romance that is calling me like crazy and that also seems to have our fellow readers falling head-over-heels. I hear this one is GREAT for m/m newbies (kind of like me, although I can take it… LOL!), but I hear it’s more romance and extreme emotional connection then… er.. *waggles eyebrows*
- No Turning Back (The Kathleen Turner Series #1) by Tiffany Snow <— I hear this series has the ULTIMATE love triangle that has been going on for a bunch of books now, and everyone is either on team Kade or Blane and our fellow readers are LOVING it!! Sounds like a fun alpha-male tease, that will put me through an emotional ringer. I love the angst, and I need to read these ASAP! Kathleen Turner Series Reading Order <— READ!!!
- Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles) by Amelia Hutchins <— paranormal series but I hear will take me by storm. Will blow me away, make me melt, and have me super-addicted to it. Marla says: “The Most Awesome Books would be “The Fae Chronicles” by Amelia Hutchins,,,,Fighting Destiny and Taunting Destiny,,,,are books that everyone should read,,,,Paranormal to the extreme,,,,Absolutely love these books!!!” and Kate said: “Hi Maryse, I’m not sure if you’ve read Fighting Destiny by Amelia Hutchins or if I’ve mentioned it to you before but if u haven’t, u must! I just finished book 2 Taunting Destiny and it was F**ken amazing!!! Definately needs to be added to your paranormal tbr list” —> Here is The Fae Chronicles Series Reading Order
- Truce (Neighbor from Hell) by R.L. Mathewson <— Historical romance (but part of our beloved “Neighbors from Hell” series) and it would appear that everyone who has read it seems to love it like crazy. Soooo many 5-star reviews and barely any touching the other numbers. And I know how much I loved #1 & #2, so I’m thinking I’ve already waited long enough to jump in. Here is the Neighbors From Hell Series Reading Order
- Styxx (Dark-Hunter Novels) by Sherrilyn Kenyon <—- 848 pages of what I hear is PURE awesomeness. And while I once-upon-a-time did NOT like Styxx (ugh!! He was just… UGH!!!), but… since he looks JUST like Acheron and my friend Sherry went crazy for his story, well… I’m willing to give him a go. 😉 I absolutely intended on reading this but wow, it’s gonna take me a few days to finish. And I want to have them all in a row, uninterrupted so I can lose myself like back in the day when I read the entire Dark-Hunter series back to back. Yep. When my BFF Sherry said: “I cried my eyes out!! Seriously..I HATED HIM SO BAD in Acherons book, but now he’s my favorite!!! … I would have 5 starred it Definitely. Serious tears!!” well, that just made me want to move this up to my next book.
- Bullet to the Heart (No Mercy) by Lea Griffith <— How could I possibly resist when Tiffany said: “Hey Maryse, Read a book called Bullet to the Heart by Lea Griffith…Gave me goosebumps and was so hard to read at parts..but beautiful too…Its def a book that your gonna Love!! I have followed your blog for the last few years..so I know you gonna love this book!! Give it a look!!” <— you said the magic word! GOOSEBUMPS! That’s what I’m looking for!
- A Little Too Much (#2) by Lisa Desrochers <— I LOVED book #1 like crazy, so of course, I MUST read “the other guy’s” book. Plus, I need to catch up, ’cause #3 will be out this year! A Little Too Far Series Reading Order
Okay, so far… that’s it.
Well that’s not true. My actual “intensive” TBR list is more like 40 books long. Maybe 50. Maybe 100. 😉 And… I might add a few more tonight as I continue searching out my multiple lists that I’ve made in the past. I’ll add any especially exciting-looking ones in here.
But remember, I might not be reading these in this particular order, nor will they be my only “next” TBR reads (since I’m a”shiny new read” junkie) and I like to choose my next read depending on my mood. But these are the ones that have been calling me like crazy.