Another BIG BIG LIST today!! Lots of reader recommendations, below, and… I surfed Amazon for a bit and featured a few that have me wanting to read them. I had a *light-ish* reading week (A Little Too Far gave me that awesome book hangover that I had a hard time recovering from), but this list has some that look like standouts, and I’m ready for more!
A couple of new rock star books that I hadn’t heard of yet, a married woman… scorned, a bunch of new (to me) fighter books that make me do a happy dance… a human girl kidnapped by a vampire clan & turned into a slave for the dark prince’s harem (oh!) and of course, some sweet/heartbreaking books, bad boy books, bikers!! YES! Biiiikeerrrrrsss… to hold us over until Madeline Sheehan’s upcoming bad-ass biker book is released on October 1st. I AM READY!
Any in here that you loved? Any more recommendations? Let me know if you find some must-reads! 😀
<— ALSO JUST RELEASED: If Forever Comes (The Regret Series) by A.L. Jackson (final book in her “Regret” series). I hear this series is AWESOME and I have it on my TBR list. And it’s complete now. YAY ME!!!
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds: NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
- Reckless (Renegades 1) by Skye Jordan <— Ohhh this looks like fun!!! “… crossing paths with a sexier-than-sin, bad-boy biker who makes her realize how much living she’s sacrificed for her success, one touch is all it takes to threaten her carefully choreographed life….
- Anything He Wants: Castaway #4 (Anything He Wants 9) by Sara Fakes <— installment #4 just recently released!
- Mine To Take (Mine – Romantic Suspense) by Cynthia Eden <— and this looks good and a rock-bottom price right now! She’s being stalked, plus she’s being protected by a man that also seems obsessed with her. “… she realizes that if she trusts the wrong man, she could be making a fatal mistake. Lust. Love. Obsession. Just how far would you go in order to possess the one person you want the most?“
- Karma by Nikki Sex <— and this synopsis has me antsy to give it a try! A married adult couple and an ethical dilemma… (super bargain-priced!) “Marcy Paget worked full-time putting her husband through University. When he finally became a success, he dumped her for a trophy wife more than ten years younger, leaving Marcy to raise their four year old daughter on her own. … When an ethical dilemma presents itself she makes a choice – never realizing the incredible karmic chain of events that will follow her decision. . .“
- Seeing Red by Sidney Halston <— rock bottom sale price right now ’cause book #2 (Seeing Black) will be out November 5th!
- Love Struck by Amber Garza <— just released and bargain priced (book #2 after Star Struck)
- Heartstrings (Love Notes) by Heather Gunter <— Aimee found us this super-bargain priced book! “I need to tell someone about it, I just don’t know how. … Then there is Will. Handsome, sweet Will. We went out on a date a while back, but then the incident happened leaving me crushed and him confused.“
- Trust Me (TAT: A Rocker Romance 1) by Melanie Walker <— Rock Star bad boy book alert!!! Recommended by Robin: “I justed wanted to say I just finished it she is self published, and it is Great I could not stop!!!” and Lori agrees! ” Loved this one!! Wish the next one was Noah’s story!! loved him”
- Adam, Enough Said (This Can’t be Happening) by Lynda LeeAnne <— Neika went nuts for it! “HOLY MOLY if your looking for a cop swooning book boyfriend I Totally recommend the this book called “Adam”. Although its a series you can read each as a standalone. Between all 3 books I loved Adam best but the other two are quite close. But if you want to get totally engrossed read the whole series. the reading order is “Lexi, Baby“, “Trish, Just Trish” and my new cop swooning new boyfriend “Adam” Did I mention all the men in this series are alphas…as in A.L.P.H.A.S. You wont regret at allllllll P.S. Adam is over 400 pages so you really really get to enjoy him!!!!!!” Why, yes Neika… I am in search of a few good cops. 😉
- Ten Days of Perfect (November Blue #1) by Andrea Randall (most of her books are on super-sale but I think the sale ends today…)
- Reckless Abandon (November Blue, #2) by Andrea Randall <— and Claudia says: “Good books!”
- In the Stillness by Andrea Randall (my Book Review)
- Just Remember to Breathe (Thompson Sisters #1) by Charles Sheehan-Miles (this whole series is also super bargain priced but I think only until today) – my Book Review
- A Song for Julia (Thompson Sisters #2) by Charles Sheehan-Miles —> my Book Review
- The Last Hour (Thompson Sisters) by Charles Sheehan-Miles – my Book Review
- The Proposition (The Plus One Chronicles) by Jennifer Lyon <— UFC fighter alert! Brought to my attention by Cathy in the form of a “what’s the title” question she said: “I read a book which I loved, but silly me cannot remember the author or the name and it is a series. It is about a woman who works as a cater decorating cakes. She was mugged years ago with your ex-finance and they messed up her leg pretty badly and she walks with a limp of sort. She meets a guy which I think his name is Sloane and he promises he will make her strong and not be afraid and takes her to his gym.” and Jennifer answered: ” know, great book. plus one chronicles by jennifer lyon. book 3 coming soon.” Definitely sounds up my alley, and this book (#1) is SUPER bargain-priced!
- Possession (The Plus One Chronicles) by Jennifer Lyon <— and here’s book #2 and lots of great reviews!!
- Unspoken (The Woodlands #2) by Jen Frederick <— Underground MMA fighter/Marine, bad boy and girl with a “rumored” bad reputation in College. She’s bullied. They become friends… I just finished this one and I liked it! I wasn’t swept away for some reason (between 3.5 to 4 stars for me), but overall it’s solid, good writing and sexy, and he’s deliciously bossy! Forces her to let him sleep over (on her couch ;)) and everything, when she’s sad. Awwwww, right? Could it be that I was just still tooo overwrought with “A Little Too Far”, still? Will be reviewing this weekend.
- Undeclared (The Woodlands #1) by Jen Frederick <— And here’s book #1 (I didn’t realize I skipped right to #2 – but it read just fine as a standalone). This one is also about a Marine/UFC fighter (Noah), and I got to know him well in #2, so I’m curious about his book… <—- Ohhhhhhh right I remember checking this one out… girl wrote and fell in love with a Marine she never met, but… “But when his deployment ended, so did the letters.” Right right right!!!
- Consumed by Skyla Madi <— since I’m on a “fighter” kick with this list, here is a new one that has been frequently recommended over the last few days. Our fellow readers saying:
Amy: HOLY SH** !! Just finished and wow just wow ….. like Beautiful Disaster Wow !! Seth Must Read 5 ++++++
Shannon: I really enjoyed it as well, but maybe not 5 stars worth. It did consume me and I loved Seth and gave it 4.5 *s
Jody: Yep, loved it! I loved Seth too. IT had the same feel as ‘Real’ to me anyway. . Loved it.
Lisa: Yep 4.5 stars here too it was good book
- Conflicted (Battlescars III) by Sophie Monroe <— Tricia just found out this one had a price drop!
- A Shade Of Vampire by Bella Forrest <— a few books already out in this series and this one (book #1) is super-bargain priced. And this part of the synopsis has me intrigued (looks like it had me intrigued awhile ago, ’cause I have this book. I should get on it… ): “She wakes here as a slave, a captive in chains. Sofia’s life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn when she is the one selected out of hundreds of girls to join the harem of Derek Novak, the dark royal Prince. Despite his addiction to power and obsessive thirst for her blood, Sofia soon realizes that the safest place on the island is within his quarters, and she must do all within her power to win him over if she is to survive even one more night.”
- Crash Into Me (Heart of Stone 1) by K.M. Scott <— Kathy found us this rock bottom price and says: “There is a second book coming and based on reviews might have a cliffhanger.”
- A Little Too Far by Lisa Desrochers <— Lori and crew loved it too! “Maryse, you were spot on – A Little Too Far, 5+++++ stars! If you were around last night, maybe you caught a little of our group read (sorry, Maryse we were on our group site but in the middle we somehow ended up reading…and ranting…here). If you did, you will not hesitate to one-click! Heart stopping, breath holding, devastating, leaving us reeling read! We loved it!! Thanks Kandace, Tracie, Britton, and all you ladies for pulling me through – best group read ever!!” – and I got a kick out of your reactions… and giggled like crazy. Best chat ever! (see my review)
- Forget Me Not (Flowering, #1) by Sarah Daltry <– super bargain priced love-triangle, and when Jack’s POV book just came out, I received quite a few recommendations for both of these!
- Lily of the Valley by Sarah Daltry <— recommended a ton when it was released earlier this week: Irene: “Lily of the Valley by Sarah Daltry is amazing. Jack is 1 of my many book boyfriends. It is a must read.” Shwanda: “I recommend Lily of the Valley. It’s awesome and you wil love it”
- His Risk to Take (Entangled Ever After) by Tessa Bailey <— I’m SO reading this one this weekend. This is book #2 after that cop-book I read last weekend that I loved sooooo much. And now that Jenny said this, I’m about to start it right after this post! “Really enjoyed Protecting what’s his but LOVED His Risk to Take… just started Officer off Limits, so yet to see where that one ranks but His Risk to Take is favorite so far “
- Rock and Roll Never Forgets (The Rock and Roll Trilogy) by Barbara Stewart <— okay this is back on the list and over the course of the last few months I’ve received a ton of adamant recommendations for it. I wonder why I haven’t read it yet, ’cause I DO have it! I mean, after THIS recommendation, I must be missing out… Rachel: “I have to tell you about my latest book that I just read. I want to shout it from the rooftops on how good it is. ‘Rock & Roll never forgets’. Omg, what a book! It has got to be one of my best reads this year + I read daily so you can imagine how good it is … Its wow, superb, amazing! It is such an emotional rollercoaster + a difficult ride. It had my stomach in knots + omg the tears just wouldn’t stop. I had a massive headache after it + its all I keep thinking about this morning. Sorry if u’ve read + reviewed it & I have missed it but just in case u haven’t I thought I’d share with u a definite 6 star or more read.“
- Cake by Nicole Reed <— super bargain priced (thanks Nancy!) and Trina says: “Love this book! Deff a must read. TEAM DRAY!” <— ohhhh she likes TWO men (her guy-friends from college) and so she… goes after it. “Two men, completely different and poles apart, but together they are her idea of perfection. One can only offer her tonight and the other forever, but can Kylie settle for just one man, or can she have her cake and eat it too?” Fun!!
- Beg Tease Submit – Sequence One (Songs of Submission) by CD Reiss <— It looks like the first three books in the Songs of Submission series (by CD Reiss) is bundled at a SUPER-LOW bargain price right now… (says it ends yesterday but it’s still on right now..). Many of our fellow readers LOVE this series and Janet says: “This is more of a serial or installment series-I am not a fan of serials, but I got hooked on this one after reading the first one which was free. It’s really well written. … I really do recommend it” and Sandra agrees: “It is SOOOO good.”
- Hell’s Knights (The MC Sinners Series) by Bella Jewel <– Stephanie found us this super-bargain priced book and Kathy says; “This is one I paid full price and would pay again in a heartbeat. Great book!”
- Incomplete by Lindy Zart <— Aimee found us this one! And the teeny tiny synopsis makes it sound good! “There are three absolute truths in Grayson Lee’s life: 1. His existence was a mistake. 2. No one is good enough for his best friend, Lily Jacobs, especially not him. 3. He loves her anyway.”
- Derek (Resisting Love 4) by Dawn Martens <— and Aimee found us this one, too! “Rylie is different, more so than any other person Derek has met. Rylie’s beauty- her tattoos, piercings and beautiful blonde dreads drew him in, but it’s her sweet, kind nature that makes him want to stay around and protect her”
- The Wilde Series: Set of 3 Full Length Novels by Janelle Denison <– Stephanie found us this super-bargain priced bundle! “The Wilde Series: Set of 3 Full Length Novels is on sale” – ex-marine security agents and private investigator romance books!
- Barefoot In the Grass by Judith Arnold <—- Debbie found us this one (super-baragin priced right now!!) “…a groundbreaking story about a woman reclaiming her life after treatment for breast cancer and a man learning the true meaning of beauty and the true power of love. … Construction company owner Ryan Walker is immediately attracted to the beautiful newcomer, but although the chemistry between them is strong, she seems determined not to let him get too close. He knows she’s hiding something—and once he learns what it is, he isn’t sure he’s strong enough to handle the truth about her.“
- Recklessly by A.J. Sand <— Georgia recommends! “Do you guys remember Documentary by A J Sand? Well I just finished Recklessly and it was really good. The book is about Wes,the surfer friend of Kai’s and Dylan. He’s a playboy that meets his match. Plenty of angst and romance and a Male POV.”
- Finding Olivia (Trace + Olivia) by Micalea Smeltzer <— great reviews here and super-bargain priced.
- Alluring Turmoil (Bayou Stix 1) by Skye Turner <— Rock star book alert!!! Great price and very good reviews!
- Have Gown, Will Wed by Killian McRae <— LOL!! She’s prepares for her wedding, and doesn’t even have a man, yet!! This looks fun (and sweet… and maybe steamy?) “In her typical gung ho fashion, she names a date, books a venue, and picks out a dress, all before finding a groom. … Rosalind hires San Francisco’s best headhunter, Xavier Hommes, to find her better half for her.“
- Sempre by J.M Darhower <— pre-order is sale-priced! (this is re-release from new publisher, scheduled for release on November 25th 2103)
- Sempre: Redemption by J.M Darhower <— Look what Kirsten found us! “Maryse look what’s finally up for pre-order. I was so EXCITED!” PRE-ORDER up and release date is December 23rd 2013! YAY!!!