So much awesome upcoming book news (and sequels!! *squeeee*), author hosted contests, snippets and teasers, I can’t contain myself! Where to start?
- First, a FREEBIE! Ten Days of Perfect (November Blue #1) by Andrea Randall is free TODAY ONLY. It appears to have lots of good reviews, and I heard it has to do with a rock star perhaps? Ohhhh YAY anther rock star read for me! 😉
- Samantha Young is celebrating her NYT Best Seller status for On Dublin Street! Congratulations Samantha – fantastic book! She is giving away a Kindle on her blog. Check it out for details.
- Emily Snow is also hosting a contest (with her upcoming book’s cover reveal and blurb!)
- Amanda Hocking just released a new “short story” –> Forgotten Lyrics: A Watersong Story (A Watersong Novel)
- Kylie Scott, author of “Flesh” (see my review) promises more to come!! She sent me this message directly (YAY US!!):
“… there’ll be at least another two books in the Flesh series. We’re hoping to have Skin out by 1st of February. Same world, different, characters. Though Dan, Finn and Ali will show up.”
- The 2012 Goodreads awards have started and SO many of our favorite books and authors are nominated! Tough choices all around since we can only choose one per category. ACK!! Still though, no shortage of excellent choices!!
- Kristen Ashley announces another book release date!! Book #2 (“With Everything I am”) in “The Three” series will be out soon (expected release date November 23rd 2012)!! Remember book #1? —> Until the Sun Falls from the Sky… alpha male vampire and some SERIOUS romance! The next will be werewolves. 😉
- Jamie McGuire announces a limited “Beautiful Disaster Special Signed Edition: A Novel” (only 5000 copies)! Hrmmm…. I think I need this. BADLY! It will be released November 27th 2o12 (but it is available for preorder now).
“… special hardcover limited edition of Jamie McGuire’s bestselling Beautiful Disaster is enhanced with silver foil butterfly stamping on the case, gorgeous four-color endpapers, and is signed by the author.”
- J.M. Darhower, author of “Sempre (Forever)” (check out my Book Review) updates us on the sequel! No title yet, and no release date (yet) and she says “I’m working on it and hope to have news soon.” BUT! She provides us a short but sweet teaser.
- Raine Miller (author of the very sexy “The Blackstone Affair Series“) has just announced the release date for the 2nd installment, “All In”! (Thanks Becky!!)
“My dear friends. I have good news. Part 2 of The Blackstone Affair is complete and in the final editing stage. We have a release date of Friday, November 9th…”
- Ginger Voight updates us on the third book in her “Groupie” series (check out my review of book #1): “…Book 3 – MOGUL – which I’m writing as fast as my little fingers can carry out all my diabolical plans for Andy, Vanni and Graham.“
And these were mentioned on our Facebook page last week, but MUST be included here in this author news post:
- Congratulations to author M. Leighton for making the NYT Best Sellers list!! “Down to You” made it in at #12 in e-books!!! (check out my review). Author also confirms she is working on the sequel: —> “There will be actually. I’m not certain of either the title or the date yet, though. I can tell you book 2 will be in early 2013:)“
- Congratulations to Cora Carmack!! LOSING IT made #15 on the NYT Best Sellers List (ebook fiction)!! (check out my review)
- Congratulations to author S.H. Kolee for making the NYT Best Sellers list!! “Love Left Behind” is in at #17 in e-books!!! (check out my review)
Okay that was way fun! Now onto more news. 😉
- Molly McAdams is working on the sequel to “Taking Chances“. It will be called “Stealing Harper”. Author says: “I am doing Chase’s POV, I’m shooting for March 1st.”
- Alice Clayton (Author of the hilarious “The Redhead Series” series announces another upcoming book! It’s called “Wallbanger” (yep!! a umm… *ahem* “noisy” neighbor 😉 ) and it is scheduled to be released November 27th 2012. 😉
- Caroline Hanson fans (that includes me!) — the third book in her “Valerie Dearborn Series” (Love is Mortal) is expected to be released November 15th 2012! Plus, there’s extra news! She says:
“I have good news, it looks like Love is Mortal will be out in November. Most likely November 15!! I am super excited and hope you guys like it. I knew from very early on that this was how the story would go, and therefore I expected it to be fairly easy to write. But it wasn’t. This book will wrap up the trilogy, but there will be one more book afterwards that will deal with certain people and their certain bullsh&t.”
- Katja Millay, author of one of my absolute favorite books ever, The Sea of Tranquility (check out my review) answers a few questions about what she is currently working on (and answers the “sequel” question):
“… I feel like I put these characters through a true amount of hell and the only way to write a sequel would be to put them through more. Without going into detail as to avoid ruining it for anyone who hasn’t read, I will say that I believe I left the characters exactly where they were supposed to be and to manufacture conflict for them at this point would be to negate the ending of the story.I am working on a concept now that may be connected, though in no means a sequel, to The Sea of Tranquility. I need to make sure that the story is there and that I can tell it properly before I make any announcements about it… “
- Sherrilyn Kenyon‘s Dark-Hunter spin-off, “Chronicles of Nick” is being produced into a movie and her staff confirms that Sherrilyn will be working directly with the producer:
“Breaking news on the movie front: Sherri has the script and is working on it in conjunction with the producer so for all of you who are worried about it being true to the books, Sherri is assuring me that it’s as important to the producer as it is to all of the fans that it be as true as possible to the characters and books that all of us love so much.”
Ok that’s it for now, but if I find more, I’ll add it! 🙂
Ten Days of Perfect is by Andrea Randall, and it’s a wonderful book! I read it when it first came out 🙂
Great!! Thank you for that info Rita!
Bought Jamie’s signed edition, thanks!!
Thank you so much for the awesome author/book news!! 🙂
Check out the book trailier for The Sea of Tranquility made by blogger Mollie Harper!! It’s so freaking amazing!!
Everyone needs to read this book. I will NEVER forget it.
You’re welcome, Maryse 🙂 I LOVE your blog. And I spend far too much money after reading it 😉
Maryse, Raine Miller posted on her Facebook page that The 2nd book the The Blackstone Affair Series, “All In” should be available on both Nook and Amazon on NOV. 9th! YAY, I know a ton of us have been eagerly awaiting this one.
YAY!! Okay I’m adding it in! Thank you Becky 🙂
I’m going to treat myself to the hardcover edition of Beautiful Disaster for Christmas. Thanks for the info., Maryse!
My pleasure guys!
and… I’m going to treat myself to a copy, too!
WOW.. All this news is great. I am so excited, I think I am over stimulated…He he he 😉
Molly McAdams also has a new book coming out I think it’s called from ashes. She has snippets posted and I can’t wait to read it! Sounds like another fabulous book from Ms. McAdams!
Thank God Ginger is working on Mogul!! Can’t wait after ending of Rock Star!! Sequel to Taking Chance!!!
Thank God for The Sea if Tranquility my most fav book not putting everyone through the ringer but there are 2 characters who have a live story that needs to be told!!!
Lastly Emily’s Tidal is going to be awesome go to her blog and read her teasers!!!
Loved 10 days of perfect!!!! It was recommended on amazon to me…and bo is not a rock star yet…i cannot wait for book 2…i just looked today and its supposed to be out in march…boo!!! Too long of a wait..
Just bought the special edition of beautiful disaster. Any book that I read five times over deserves a spot on the bookshelf. Thanks maryse for the heads up.
Ok I just jumped in and got my copy, too. I’m gonna hug it so HARD!
Ooo noo going to need a box of tissues for molly mcadams sequel absoluatally lobed taking chances
Can everyone also follow Jamie McGuire on twitter so I can see the cover of Walking Disaster…please!
There is no way I can read Molly McAdams, “Stealing Harper” from Chases POV, Knowing what Happens. I was a mess for days after reading Taking Chances, a total mess!! LOL
Thank you, Maryse for the updates and another freebie 🙂
Congratulations Samantha Young, M. Leighton, Cora Carmack and S.H. Kolee. You guys deserve it. I’m so glad I’ve read your books.
Molly McAdams, Ginger Voiht, and J.M. Darhower please hurry up with our favorite books. Can’t wait. >..<
Just pre-ordered my copy of Beautiful Disaster. I am soooo excited!!!