<—- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! The latest book (Ashes to Ashes (Experiment in Terror #8) in the Experiment in Terror series just went live!! One of my favorite series in the world (and OMG I get another DEX fix!!!!!) I LOVE these with all of my heart. And yes, there is steam, and extreme romance (and extreme angst and heartache – a nice steady buildup throughout the series that has you craving more so bad). SO gooooooood!!!
P.S. for those that have been holding out ’cause they worry it’s too scary or wonder if it really is just that awesome… I wrote blog post answering both of your questions—> The Experiment in Terror Series – Intrigued Readers Want to Know…
Another AWESOME new release day, ’cause just for me, there are already FOUR in the bunch from series that I’m loving, and ONE that comes HIGHLY recommended by an author that I love. Plus, a new release from a “mafia” series that I had no clue was a mafia series. YAY!!!!
P.S. I’ve already read one of ’em (and LOVED it). Check out my review for Jamie McGuire’s latest bad-boy Travis book “A Beautiful Wedding“.
AND!! I’m going to highlight Kristen Ashley’s The Fantasyland Series, ’cause it’s on sale right now, (’cause book #4 will be out in just a week or so), and the way many of our fellow readers are talking, this series is absolutely, hands down, one of her best ever. I’ve heard “some of her best work” and a few exclaiming they can’t believe they saved this series for last. Okay, so not a new series, but they have me wanting to read it SO bad, and I’m thinking I should!! Now, so I can be caught up and ready for “Broken Dove”.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Shattered Ties (The Ties Series) by K.A. Robinson <— I think I may have missed this one last week, but it sounds like angsty fun. She’s got famous parents and he’s from the tattooed bad boy from the wrong side of town. “Jesse tries to hate Emma, but he discovers that he can’t resist her. Forced to hide their relationship from Emma’s mother and everyone else around them, things start to fall apart. When Jesse’s friend, Ally, decides to interfere, things go from bad to worse.“
- Better (Too Good series) by S. Walden <— book #2 after the student/teacher romance “Good”!! (thanks Jennifer!!)
- Running in Place (Mending Hearts) by L.B. Simmons <— Aimee found us this deal! “I just hope he doesn’t have any plans to save me from my new-found life of self-destruction because in order to save me, he will have to see me…“
- Carter Reed by Tijan <— (thanks Aimee)! (a mob story!!)
- Take Me (Take a Chance) (Entangled Ever After) by Diane Alberts <— Aimee found us this deal, too!
- Everything I’ve Never Had by Lynetta Halat <— adult characters, and “…a forbidden love between the widow, Celeste, and her husband’s bad boy cousin, Adrian.” (thanks Aimee!!) I really need to get on this one, ’cause it’s TOTALLY up my alley, I can tell.
- When You’re Ready by J.L. Berg <— Aimee is rocking the deals today, and she found us this one too! And Jillian said: “This book was awesome!!! Loved every minute of it. Part of it might be that I didn’t have high expectations, but nope! I think it was just a great story with beautiful characters. One of my favorites of 2013. And yes, Nikki, it is a series. It is a stand alone though.” Oh wow, it does sound great! “Years after suffering the tragic loss of her husband, Ethan, which left her alone to raise their young daughter, Clare Murray still holds the last letter he wrote with the words “When You’re Ready” written in his familiar messy handwriting, unable to break its weathered seal. Ready for what?“
- Fantastical (Fantasyland Series) by Kristen Ashley <— okay this one just went on sale, too!!! I’m hearing this series is AWESOME. (thanks Trisha!) Michelle says: ” I kick myself for saving that series for last on her list of books. Just goes to show you, the book descriptions on Amazon are not always very good. MUST READ…. seriously…” and Lori says: ” just found out from Sarah that Broken Dove will be out December 27th! woot!! thanks Sarah!” <—And Maryse says *happy dance* Okay wow. I’m totally starting this series!
- Beyond Shame (Beyond, Book One) by Kit Rocha <— (thanks Jami!!)
- True: 11 (New Species) by Laurann Dohner <– hugely popular series with a new release coming!!
- Wolf Quest (Brotherhood of Blood) by Bianca D’Arc
- Secrets and Ink by Lou Harper <— Hexed by a meter maid? 😉
- A Breath of Winter (Araneae Nation) Book Four by Hailey Edwards
- Ashes to Ashes (Experiment in Terror #8) by Karina Halle
- A Beautiful Wedding: A Novella by Jamie McGuire <—- I LOVED it! Check out my review of A Beautiful Wedding.
- Avoiding Temptation by K.A. Linde <— final installment in her super-angsty angrifying, so fun series is LIVE!! And Meghan just said: “I just finished KA Linde’s Avoiding Temptation. It was PERFECT – I love it – 5 stars for me. Read it!” YAY!!!!! I can’t wait!!
- The Arrangement 12 (The Ferro Family) by H.M Ward <— LOOKIE LOOKIE what’s out!!!! (I get a TON of comments asking when the next one will be released, so I know this series is LOVED!!!)
- Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers #2) by J.A. Redmerski (bad guys!!!) – here’s my book review of book #1 (Killing Sarai) and we’re all excited to give it a go. Kandace just said: “Romance and badass is one of my favorite combos.” <— AGREED!! 😀
- Blue Lines: The Assassins Series: A Loveswept Contemporary Romance by Toni Aleo
- Every Kiss (Every Life Series #2) by Tasha Ivey
- Unwrapping Holly: (InterMix) by Lisa Renee Jones <— it’s a Christmas novella!
- Innocence: A Novel by Dean Koontz <— whoa. Dean Koontz wrote one that sounds totally up our romance alley!! But of course, with one of his freaky-terror-twists. At least as far as I can tell.
- A Christmas Wish: Dane (MacKenzie Family) by Liliana Hart
- Starfire – Peaches Monroe Trilogy Book 3 (Erotic Romance) by Mimi Strong <— Shannon says: “So excited! The final Peaches Monroe book is released early!!!”
- Love, Lies, and Deception by L.P. Dover
- Seamless (By a Thread) by R.L. Griffin (book #3 just went live!!)
- Elect (Eagle Elite #2) by Rachel Van Dyken <— OH YAY!!! I hear these are about the mafia… I need to take a closer look at book #1!
- Thou Shalt Not by JJ Rossum <— author Tarryn Fisher LOVES this one!
- His Wounded Light (The Light in the Wound) by Christine Brae (book #2 after The Light in the Wound)
- Falling (Fading Series) by E.K. Blair <— just released (from the “Fading” series)
- Tipsy (Take It Off) by Cambria Hebert <— latest release in her Take It Off Series (although, they can be read as standalones)
- Rumor Has It (Limelight) by Elizabeth Grace <— fairly new release that I missed this week and Janet says: “Rock girls—don’t let the Hip Hop thing scare you away, this was a really good book. Not a cliffhanger, but more of their story in the next book.”
- Enslaved By The Ocean (Criminals Of The Ocean #1) by Bella Jewel
- Weapons of Mass Distraction (Lexi Graves Mysteries) by Camilla Chafer
- Hunted by Karen Robards
- Hot Whisper: (InterMix) by LuAnn McLane <— this one looks short and SO sweet!
- Hot for the Holidays: (InterMix) by Susanna Carr <— I love it when people are stuck in a blizzard together in a small town around Christmas!!! 😉 Magic happens…
- Hot Arctic Nights: (InterMix) by Janice Maynard <— another short and sweet! She gets a job at a Christmas-themed bed and breakfast in Alaska. And their Santa has abs… 😉
- All I Want for Christmas Is a Cowboy by Jennifer Ryan, Katie Lane, Emma Cane
- 7 Minutes in Heaven (Are You Game?) by Rhian Cahill
- Under Holly’s Stockings by Afton Locke
- Romanced by the Redneck (A Short Story) by Lindsey Brookes
Camilla Chafer’s Weapons of Mass Distraction (Lexi Graves Mysteries) book 5 in the series released today
Yes to everything from Shayne McClendon (she wrote Barter System) is on sale from $6.99 to $3.99.
My fictional love for Travis holds no bounds. On a side note, I accidentally glanced at a review while purchasing AT and saw a spoiler! Grrr! I don’t care, I’m still reading it after SOA finale. I even asked for tomorrow off. Stay away from AT reviews peoples!
Avoiding Temptation ~ I have a double date with Jack and Ramsey tonight!!! I’m so glad my hubby is willing to share. 😉
Maryse! How is it possible that you haven’t read Everything I’ve Never Had yet? You need to read this one! Adrian is a dream, and Celeste is completely kick ass! Get on that, girl!
I know… it’s shameful really. My TBR list is a monster, and I constantly have at least 5 books that I want to read at the same time.
So many releases I’m excited about this week! Already finished Avoiding Temptation and it was an emotional roller coaster but so, so good! I can’t wait to hear your take Maryse! So many readers were so dead set on their team/guy- that they aren’t happy if he wasn’t who Lexi ended up with. I definitely had a ‘team’ and then I completely abandoned that thought once the story got moving and enjoyed the journey.
I can’t WAIT!!!
Okay so I’m serious. I am at a loss as to what to start. I’m thinking Avoiding Temptation, yeah. Definitely that. But than there is “Everything I’ve Never Had” and then I’m just dying to go old school Kristen Ashley and try out this Fantasy series that is making everyone so happy.
*sigh* Sooooo much to look forward to, but I wanna start and read ’em all, now!
Which is the “mafia” series book?
I’m reading Avoiding Temptation now. It’s so good. If she goes back to Jack I think I’m going to scream!!!! I was hooked from the start!! Maryse you need to read it next.
Okay that’s it!! TONIGHT I’m getting in with the angst!!! *happy wiggle*
I would push Everything I’ve Never Had by Lynetta Halat up to the top of your TBR. Soooo good. Not only did I love the hero, Adrian, I loved the heroine, Celeste, just as much. Smart and sexy. Loved it.
You’ve GOT to read Everything I’ve Never Had!!! Soooo good!!!
I’m with Tiffany and Amanda, you will not be disappointed. Everything I’ve Never Had is a ★★★★★ book.
I will say that Everything I’ve Never Had is so much more than the synopsis says. There is such an important storyline in there she doesn’t even touch on. I love it.
I’ve been dying to read Starfire.Maryse,why haven’t you read these books yet? You will love Peaches.I promise.
EIT Ashes to Ashes is out! Yay!
I’ve been following your blog for over a year now, and I have a feeling that Rachel Van Dyken’s Elite and Elect would be books you’d really like. Mafia, Young Adult novels that really suck you in. Definitely check them out when you get a chance!
LOL! Helen… okay I’ll be checking them out. I hear they are hilarious!
Sandi – YAY INDEED!!!!
Evieve – thank you for that recommendation! Sound totally up my alley!
Well I’ve got four kids home for the holidays, gifts to buy and wrap, laundry to do and mail to be processed but everyone are out of the house for the next hour, so I’m curled up on couch with a blanket, my nook, and finishing up Light In The Shadows. Loving this!!!!!!! It’s really hard to indulge in my reading hobby when so many family members are home. Don’t get me wrong , I ABSOLUTELY LOVE having all my kiddos home together, but dang Maggie and Clay are so addicting!! Ha ha. And have TONS of books on my TBR list…??!!!! Oh my, what to start the next time I catch myself in the house by myself!
Maryse, You will love the Fantasyland Series by KA. It just uscks you in. It also has alot of more angst , steam and teh story line is amazing. You will not ne disappointed. I’m on the 2nd book of Rebecca Zanetti – Sins Brothers series that was one of your recent lists. I’m sooo loving this series. ALPHA brothers all the way. Its steamy, fast paced and a great plot. Enjoy !
new to blog….everything on here i am either reading, have read or it’s on my TBR list!!
I am sooooo excited about ashes to ashes. If you like that series the author has a few others that are good as well and should not be missed!
Maryse, I know your TBR list is as bad as mine, but I had to reach out to tell you about the latest book I read. Cherry Girl by Raine Miller!! What an amazing love story! I felt, cried, loved……everything in this book! And Neil……….can’t say enough about my feelings for him!! Please Maryse, I am begging you to read this book. Please for all the times I dropped the book I was reading to join you with what you were reading (haha), I BEG YOU TO READ IT!! I really think you will love it! I recommend it to everyone and you don’t have to read the Blackstone Series — it is definitely a standalone!
Jean wow!!! Thank you so much for letting me know how much you loved it. You bet I’ll be taking a look for SURE!! I just read the synopsis and it looks so good!
Welcome Jenna!! 😀
Heidi! I’m right there with you!! It’s so fun though. 😛