Whoa. A TON of rock stars, bikers and fighters on today’s list. In fact, the “bargains” section includes a ton of very recent releases that I missed last week. While I haven’t read them, or received personal recommendations for them as of yet, they are bargain priced and appear to have good ratings (at least so far).
Okay so I’m reading something SUPER SUUUUPER dark right now —> Her Master’s Courtesan (The Masters Series). It’s from last week’s new release list and it’s pretty awesome so far (great writing and I’m connecting!), but here’s a WARNING!!! This is NOT for everyone, and maybe not even for those that have enjoyed the “darkish” reads in the past. This is “Comfort Food” dark. This is “Captive in the Dark” dark.
I mean, for lack of a better description, he’s gorgeous and pretty much… the devil incarnate. Horrific!!!! But you know me and my whole “curiosity killed the cat” syndrome when it comes to these books. I read them wondering why I read them, but I can’t put ’em down. I’m drawn to dark & scary and appalling “potential love” thrillers, like a moth to a flame.
The author was sure to note that this is in NO way a love story and I get where she’s coming from… but it does have that “Stockholm syndrome” thing starting, so we still get that kind of emotion. I wouldn’t call it love, but I’m still only in the first half. Who knows where this is going?
And one of my reading-buds loved it, saying:
Sally: Hi ladies, Maryse I wanted to let you know that I’m DONE!!! with Her Masters Courtesan by Lily White and THAT WAS GREAT! Disturbingly perfect! THAT my friends is a DARK F*****G READ DONE WELL!! Not the BS they pass off as “dark reads” .Definitely the darkest book I have read yet. The writing is done well which for some reason surprised me. Now I see there is a book 2 to come with 2 different people …I think it’s kind of student/teacher too ..AWESOME I’m pysched! Please consider yourself warned if you are not a dark read lover, DO NOT even attempt to read this BUT if you are it is easily ONE of the best I have read to date. When a book has me this hyped up it’s a 5 star , now off to do my less polite review LOL
Maryse: That’s the one I’m reading too!
Sally: Hold on to your hat Maryse because Lily White takes you on one hell of a ride!
Kelly: read it and was floored. Is it wrong to love these dark one’s?
Maryse: Yeah I’m only at about 20% and he’s MEAN as heck. Reminds me of Caleb in the “beginning stages” but kind of worse… Kelly, I have a guilty complex the entire time I’m reading these, wondering that same question, but they are such a THRILL!!! GAH!!! I can’t help myself. Then when I try to review ’em, I figuratively whip myself while I do. LOL!
So off I go to finish it!!! Eeeeeeeeeep I’m scared (and yet so titillated)!!!!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- The Mourning After by Adriane Leigh <— Courtney loves this one! “Just wanted to say thanks to whoever recommended The Mourning After by Leigh Adriane. Great book about a girl who buys a beach house to fix up and a couple of friends move in to help her. Que gorgeous unplanned friend of a friend who needs a place to stay and things become interesting. FYI there is a love triangle but I love those!
- Wild Child (Wild Ones 1.5) by M. Leighton <— (here’s the “Wild Ones” series reading order)
- Drive Me Crazy (A Shaken Dirty Novel) (Entangled Brazen) by Tracy Wolff <— ROCK STAR ALERT (they used to be best friends as teens and now he’s famous… and he comes back to town)
- About Last Night: A Loveswept Contemporary Romance by Ruthie Knox <— (thanks Aimee!). This was a good one (check out my review of About Last Night)
- Uncockblockable (Evan Arden) by Shay Savage <– LOL! I love the title. 😉 A novella in the Evan Arden series (I LOVE that series) (check out the Evan Arden Series Reading Order).
- A Little Too Much (book #2) by Lisa Desrcohers <— (thanks Alexis!!). I loved book #1 like crazy, and it must be read before reading this one, but at this price… wow! Great deal. (check out my 5-star review of #1 – A Little Too Far and the A Little Too Far Series Reading Order)
- Consequences of Deception by Ella Fox <— Back on the list, ’cause I’ve received a few more awesome-sounding recommendations for this recent release. Tiffany recommends it saying: “Just finished Consequences of Deception and I loved it and it’s not a cliffhanger.” and Jean says: “I highly recommend Consequences of Deception!! I loved it!!! Crazy twists!”
- The Rosie Project: A Novel by Graeme Simsion <— this one’s right on the edge of my “bargain” pricing, but Jade recommends it, so I thought I’d post it again: “So…I’m really late to this party, as there are so many good reviews for this book already…I just finished it and, after an adjustment period, I gotta say, sooo good! Just like the H, the story took some getting used to, was quirky and unique, but ultimately so sweet and awww-illiciting. I admit it, I’m prejudiced against romance written by male authors (what do they know about romance? :p), and I probably wouldn’t have picked up this one if I had known it was written by a man. But I would have missed out on a great, SMART book!” And Michelle agrees: “loved this book. I was also a sceptic since it was a male author, but he nailed it. Quirky. Witty. Just plain good.“
- Riding Desire: Alpha Bad Boy Biker Boxed Set (14 BRAND NEW limited edition contemporary romance books) by a TON of authors! <— Stephanie just brought this one to our attention saying: “Attention Rock Star and Biker Enthusiasts!!! Riding Desire: Alpha Bad Boy Biker Boxed Set is on SALE for 99 Cents! (14 BRAND NEW limited edition contemporary romance books)”
- The Anniversary Gift (Re-Connections Romance – Book One) by Elle Dawson <— Stephanie also found us two more recently released bargain, saying: “Looking for mature books about couples struggling to save their marriage???” Lots of good reviews already! “With her tenth wedding anniversary barely two weeks away, the only gift Kate wants is to spend a week alone. After all, life with Ethan has become so cold and distant, it’s a strain just being together. But Ethan wants just the opposite and his indecent proposal at dinner is a shock that rocks Kate’s world off its axis and into a sensual world of possibility.” <— eeeeep! I wonder what the indecent proposal is?
- Their Second Chance by Milly Taiden & April Angel <– and here’s the other! “Nick Parker lost the woman he loved to the trials of conception. Their inability to cope with their failure broke down their relationship and their friendship. And now, he’s left with a woman he lusts after, longs for, and doesn’t know how to reach.“
- Wrecked by Priscilla West <— FIGHTER ALERT!! (and book #2 was just released (below). “Hunter is a cage fighter who takes on every fight like he’s got nothing to lose. His life is a tangled mess of girls, booze, and fist fights. And while it may seem like he’s got a devil-may-care attitude, he’s fighting a private cage-match with a monster he can’t defeat. Lorrie knows that Hunter is exactly the type of guy she should stay away from, especially in her fragile state, but Hunter has other ideas.“
- Front & Center (Book 2 of The Back-up Series) by A.M. Madden <— ROCK STAR ALERT! This is book #2 (just recently released) but #1 is also bargain priced (I’ve posted it just below).
- Back-up (The Back-up Series) by A.M. Madden
- Six Brothers (Gypsy Brothers, #2) by Lili Saint Germain <— BIKER BOOK! Here’s another one that was just released that I missed…
- The Sweet Under His Skin by Portia Gray <— and another recently released BIKER BOOK that I missed! “He doesn’t do sweet. He doesn’t like sweet. He owes it to sweet to just leave it alone and walk away. But their attraction is instant and explosive—and one neither of them can afford… nor resist.” <— I like it when they don’t “do sweet” but then they totally do… 😉 LOL!
- Hard Body Rock (Rockstar Romance) (The Body Rock Series Book 1) by Nora Flite <— ROCK STAR book! Just recently released.
- Two Weeks by Andrea Wolfe <— FIGHTER BOOK! “She’s got a boyfriend and a great job in Boston, and things couldn’t be any better. But when a family reunion brings her home, she unexpectedly runs into someone from her past, Jackson Ames, now a hot-as-hell amateur MMA fighter–and her older brother’s former best friend.”
- Angels In Leather (Rebels On Bikes #1) by Bella Jewel <— BIKER BOOK!! Just recently released…
- Troubled Son — Savage Sons Motorcycle Club by J.D. King <— another BIKER BOOK just recently released. “Moses Hall, muscled, tattooed alpha male wants out of the Savage Sons MC, and he’s agreed to work with the FBI for a chance at a new life, free of the drugs and destructive forces of the MC. But can he learn to trust Max with his life?“
- Pure Will by Kristi Pelton <– another recent release bad boy book… “Camden, now a senior at the University of Kansas where she tutors the hottest, most talented athletes hides behind her outgoing roommate Kate—who is sexually active enough for both of them; Camden lives vicariously through Kate while still trying to heal her wounds from the past—until Will Denton comes home with Kate one night. Though he slept with Kate, he sets his sights on Cam.”
- Deviant (Blood & Roses) by Callie Hart <— DARK book alert! Just recently released “She wants me to be her hero, But I’m not a good man.”
- Whisper of Sin: A Psy Changeling Novella by Nalini Singh
- White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements) by Jennifer L. Armentrout <– LOVE TRIANGLE alert!! I love this author (her paranormals as well as her new adult contemporaries are so fun to read!). This one sounds fun, too, ’cause her kisses kill anything with a soul!! “Seventeen-year-old Layla just wants to be normal—fit in at school, and go out on a real date with the gorgeous Zayne, whom she’s crushed on since forever. Trouble is, Zayne treats Layla like a sister—and Layla is anything but normal. She’s half demon, half gargoyle, with abilities no one else possesses. And even though Zayne is a Warden, part of the race of gargoyles tasked with hunting demons and keeping humanity safe, Layla’s kiss will kill anything with a soul—including him. Then she meets Roth—a tattooed, sinfully hot demon who claims to know her secrets. Though Layla knows she should stay away, it’s tough when that whole no-kissing thing isn’t an issue.“
- Death Defying (Dark Desires) by Nina Croft
- Bittersweet Darkness (A Novel of The Order) (Entangled Edge) by Nina Croft
- The Problem with Promises: A Mystwalker Novel by Leigh Evans
- Honor’s Knight (Paradox) by Rachel Bach
- Circle of Death: A Damask Circle Book: 2 by Keri Arthur
- Donners of the Dead by Karina Halle <— one of my favorite authors ever, and she’s just released this very unique sounding historical romance/zombie book! And “Jake” sounds right up my alley! “Jake McGraw was unlike anyone I’d ever known. He was brash, rude, unapologetic and arrogant; chauvinistic, close-minded, and terribly stubborn. He was built like a tree, tall with a hard chest and wide shoulders and hands that looked like they could wrestle a bear. He was a cigar-chomping, scruffy-faced, beast of a man. I was pretty sure I hated him. And I know he hated me. But among the flesh-eating monsters in these snow-capped mountains, he was the only thing keeping me alive.“
- Angel Seduced: The Hidden Series: Book 3 by Jaime Rush
- Amorous Overnight by Robin L. Rotham <— “What’s better than one hot alien at your service? Two hot aliens in your bed.” <— Tee hee!
- Giving Up the Ghost (13 Shades of Red Novel) by S.A. Price <— paranormal rock star romance!
- Masked Innocence by Alessandra Torre <— Office romance alert!! And it JUST came out today!! (I haven’t read this series yet, but I love this author!!)
- Take a Chance: A Rosemary Beach Novel (The Rosemary Beach Series) by Abbi Glines <—-ANGST ALERT! “When Harlow Manning’s rocker father goes on tour, he sends her to Rosemary Beach, Florida, to live with her half-sister, Nan. The problem: Nan despises her. Harlow has to keep her head down if she wants to get through the next nine months, which seems easy enough. Until gorgeous Grant Carter walks out of Nan’s room in nothing but his boxer briefs.” Sounds like fun… especially when you factor in the fact that Grant once had a fling with b!tchy Nan.
- Hard As You Can: A Hard Ink Novel by Laura Kaye <— Special Forces!!! “Ever since hard-bodied, drop-dead-charming Shane McCallan strolled into the dance club where Crystal Dean works, he’s shown a knack for getting beneath her defenses. For her little sister’s sake, Crystal can’t get too close. Until her job and Shane’s mission intersect, and he reveals talents that go deeper than she could have guessed.“
- Love Game: The Matchmaker Series by Elise Sax
- Shame On You (Fool Me Once) by Tara Sivec <— “Kennedy lost her faith in men and started Fool Me Once Investigations with her two best friends. After all, there’s no better bounty hunter than a woman scorned.” (and then… she ends up working with her cheating ex-husband’s sexy best friend!!)
- Down on Her Knees (A Dare Me Novel) (Entangled Brazen) by Christine Bell
- His Secrets (Inside Out Series) by Lisa Renee Jones
- When I Break by Kendall Ryan <— author warns us about this “alpha male with addiction issues” “… With her newly acquired degree in counseling, she begins leading a sex addicts group where she meets the troubled Knox and her life takes on complications she never bargained for. She doesn’t have time for a bad boy who only wants to take her to bed, even if her body disagrees…“
- Blindfold Me (Fantasize Ranch(Part 2)) by Lacey Davis
- Cassie (Alpha Series #5) by E.L. Todd <— she meets a hot guy in a bar, and realizes he’s her best friend’s brother.
- Between the Sheets (Entangled Ignite) by Genie Davis
- Craving Redemption (The Aces MC) by Nicole Jacquelyn <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! Sam recommends it: “Just finished Craving Redemption, soooo good!”. I read (and really enjoyed) book #1, and now we have another in the series! “Asa and Callie had nothing in common. He was an Ace, raised in the club and loyal to it above all else. She was a high school student with braces on her teeth and a narrow view of the world. They should have never crossed paths. But when Callie decides to defy her parents, and Asa goes on an errand for the club, their lives collide. He saves her, and she mesmerizes him. They part believing they’ll never see each other again. Neither could have predicted the chain of events they’d put in motion.” (check out my review for book #1: Craving Constellations)
- Blazing Hearts (The Medusa Publishing Romance Series) by Silvia McKnight
- Adam’s Fall (Touch of Tantra #2) by Liv Morris
- Thrown for a Curve: A Perfect Fit Novel by Sugar Jamison
- Where Evil Waits (Mann Family) by Kate Brady <— HIT MAN ALERT! “Special prosecutor Kara Chandler is very good at her job, so good that a homicidal mastermind vows to kill her and everyone she cares about. Desperate to save herself and her son, Kara seeks out cartel hit man Luke Varón. The last time she dealt with Luke, she saw him beat the system and escape prison. But now, the most dangerous man she’s ever met is the only one who can keep her alive.“
- Wide Open (Strebor on the Streets) by S. K. Collins
- A Promise at Bluebell Hill: A Valentine Valley Novel by Emma Cane <— “From the moment Secret Service agent Travis Beaumont strides into the town and through the door of Monica Shaw’s flower shop, she feels a sizzle of attraction.”
- Reined In (Lone Star Lovers) by Delilah Devlin <— “… if she thinks they’re going to make it easy for her to pick which cowboy she wants most, she’s sadly mistaken. And who says she has to choose one?“
- Going for Four (Counting on Love) by Erin Nicholas <— FIREFIGHTER ALERT/JUST FRIENDS!! “Hot firefighter Cody Madsen has stayed away from Olivia Dixon for almost two years—technically. Even though he talks to her every day and sees her every weekend. But there’s no kissing, touching, or telling her how he really feels. Because they’re just friends. Anything more than that would mean crossing the line that Olivia’s older brother has firmly drawn between them.“
- Hope Smolders Novella (A Hope Novella) by Jaci Burton <— her ex’s best friend!
- Hot Shots by Anne Marsh, Lynn LaFleur, Stacey Kennedy <— more fireman! 😉
- Love Another Day (An Agent Ex Novel) by Gina Robinson
- A Man to Hold on To (A Tallgrass Novel) by Marilyn Pappano <— Oh this one sounds good!! She’s mourning her dead husband (who died in Afghanistan) and eventually meets “Sergeant Keegan Logan. The sexy combat medic and single dad”. But it’s not his child. He’s actually caring for his ex-girlfriend’s kid (she disappeared…). But here’s the kicker: “He has to find the girl’s father. His search leads him to Tallgrass and to a beautiful brunette widow who has no idea her husband was ever unfaithful.” <— ruh roh.
- Baby, It’s Cold Outside (Men at Work) by HelenKay Dimon
- The Chase: A Novel (Fox and O’Hare) by Janet Evanovich, Lee Goldberg
- Baby, Be Mine (Thompson & Sons) by Vivian Arend <— “After a head injury sustained on a storm-swept road, Katy can’t remember her own email password, much less how the little pink “positive” on the pregnancy stick got there. Barring an influx of midi-chlorians, she’s at a loss to explain what happened, or when…or with whom.” <— Two domineering men trying to stake their claim.
- Fifty First Times: A New Adult Anthology by SO many of our favorite authors. From the blurb, I think this is a ton of “first-time” scenes from their hugely popular books (or maybe brand new short stories/scenes?)
- Rising from the Ashes (Picking up the Pieces) by Jessica Prince
- Love TKO (A Love Unexpected Novel) by Selene Chardou <– UFC FIGHTER!
- Bound and Unbroken (Out of Bounds) by Skye Callahan <— “To get even with her roommate for dragging her to a sports bar on a Friday night, Lena begins flirting with the handsome stranger who sits at the bar next to her. Their anonymous conversation leads to a shared cab ride, but Lena’s conscience puts a damper on the evening—leaving the near-fling to become a memory. Until she finds him roaming the halls of the school where she teaches.“
- Rescued (book #2) by Priscilla West <— It says you must read book #1 (Wrecked) first. I put that one up there in the bargains.
- The Chance (Thunder Point) by Robyn Carr <— “When Laine and Eric meet, their attraction is obvious to everyone. But while the law enforcement agent and the reformed criminal want to make things work, their differences may run too deep…”
- Tempted by the Soldier (A Falling for You Novel) (Entangled Brazen) by Nicolette Day
- Moore than Forever (Needing Moore Series #3) by Julie Richman
- The Harder I Fall by Jessica Gibson
- Crashed (The Driven Trilogy) by K. Bromberg <— highly anticipated and expected release is March 3rd!!!
- Off the Record (The Record Series) by K.A. Linde <— She’s an up and coming reporter and he’s a sexy senator, but “… his politics rub Liz the wrong way.” Hehe. – expected release date March 11th 2014
- Seeing Stars by J. Sterling <— Famous guy/normal girl alert! Expected release date March 13th 2014
I just started Take A Chance, and Grant is already starting off on the wrong foot. He’s a Rosemary Beach guy though, so I’m sure he will be redeemed. 😛
Hey! I received a great tip from my friend about using baby powder in your hair (the roots). You know, like when your hair is just gross because you haven’t washed your hair in 2 or 3 days because you’ve been holed up reading and realize you are out of tampons and hubby isn’t there to make a run to the store for them. That hasn’t happened to you? Yeah, me neither. 😉
Hey yeah… my mom taught me that one!!
Nope… never happened to me at all. 😉
Ohhhh man, there are NO words to describe how excited I am for Armentrout’s new release!!
The crazy thing is that powder is the main (and pretty much only) ingredient in those insanely expensive dry shampoos that have come out recently. Just powder in a can. Oh, and that’s NEVER happened to me either, Amy.
Craving Redemption is freaking awesome!!!
Masked innocence came out today!!! Yeah!!!!
Maryse you will LOVE Back Up and Front and Center by AM Madden. Love her writing and I promise you will love Jack as much (if not more) as Jake in The Mighty Storm!! And Masked Innocence was released today. This is a great series also!!
I just updated the Masked Innocence (I need to start that series!) and I also added K. Bromberg’s “Crashed” to the early March preorders. 😀
I love it when I’ve pre-ordered a book weeks ago and wake up in the morning to find it happily waiting for me having magically appeared on my Kindle in the wee dawn hours. I’ve been anxiously waiting for Laura Kaye’s Hard As You Can. I actually did a little happy dance when I saw it this morning. I loved the first Hard Ink book! And I’m so excited about Karina Halle’s Donners Of The Dead. She is probably one of my all time favorite authors! 🙂
Oh I agree Michelle. Every Tuesday and Fri morning I’m tripping over myself to get to my tablet and even better when they come out earlier than expected. Yeah us.
Also released yesterday was Kim Harrison’s Undead Pool, number twelve of the Rachael Morgan series. 🙂 Oh, also, White Hot Kiss was awesome! Just finished it and now am in that happy great -book cloud.
Ooooh, I’ve just finished Unravel by Calia Read! Beautiful and twisted story with surprises! I couldn’t put it down 😉 A must read! 😀 Can’ wait for Crashed to come out! 😀 In the mean time I have to find a new badboy to keep my mind busy 😉 There are so many to pick from this list! :O
Maryse,I would like to mention for people like myself who like to read really good hot paranormal romances,although it is not an inexpensive book(I did notice however that one of the para mentioned on todays list was not inexpensive either) that Cynthia Eden’s new book Burn For Me (Phoenix Series) is excellent.And it has a paranormal that I have never read about before and that is a Phoenix as the main hero,though it also has vamps and werewolfs and evil humans(lol) She has a part 2 coming in April and part 3 in August but they are not a serial,each book has a new main charector and the next 2 books carry on the story of 2 that we meet in book 1.I paid $5.22 for my kindle copy and to some that sounds expensive,however this is Cynthia Eden we are talking about and this is less than authors like Sylvia Day and Lisa Renee Jones and heck even Jasinda Wilders(whom I love) latest books were $4.99 each so if any of your paranormal readers are looking for a new paranormal that I have not seen written before about they might give Burn for Me a try,they won’t regret it.(and we think the heroine is a dragon shifter who can’t shift but I still have 5 chapters to go and she has not confessed yet,but she can’t catch on fire so I don’t know what else can’t burn) Anyway just thought I’d mention it because for a hot paranormal that has kept me up the whole night,I think a lot of para readers would enjoy it as much as I am.
Sweet Under the Skin had been plagiarised by ‘Portia Gray’ from an SoA fanfic called Final Wisdom.
Thanks for the heads-up, I. I removed it. Wow… *shakes head*
Just finished Nicole Jacquelyn’s CRAVING REDEMPTION. Wow! What a book, a rollercoaster of emotions. Not the usual formula, totally unpredictable. The first REAL book I’ve read in a while. I absolutely loved it! 5 stars for me.