BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! Penelope Ward’s “My Skylar” (book #3) is now live on Amazon!! I really enjoyed book #1 (quite the twist!) and now there are two more. I hear book #2 is SOOOOO good (even better than number 1, some say?) so I have to read it. Here is the series reading order. 😀
Happy new release day! Good stuff to choose from (including that HUGELY anticipated release over there to the left) :D!!! ♥♥♥ JAMIE!!!♥♥♥ Plus a bunch below, that I’m about to highlight.
But first… what I’m currently reading: I got an early start last night by choosing one out of yesterday’s “early bird” list. I’m reading Checked (“Check #2 was just released below). I was SO in the mood for this ’cause it’s about a girl with severe OCD that I think… falls for (or gets obsessed with?) her doctor. And I’m LOVING the dynamic of this. The potential of them.
I’m already connecting to her and her excessive “lists” and checklists that she makes. Sure, she’s over-the-top with her need for perfect order & cleanliness, but, I dunno. I can sorta relate. I seem to function so much better when everything is laid out clearly and concisely, and I can go over and “check things off”. Except for my TBR lists. GAH! I’m a mess with those, no matter how many times I try to re-arrange ’em, so… you know. 😉 That’s what proves I don’t have OCD, right? LOL!!! 😛
But anyway, her need for control, and her fear of germs and touching and closeness and all that takes her OCD to a level where she needs serious therapy. And her no-nonsense, young & handsome doctor will barely even look at her. Curt, and to-the-point, it’s when he asks her “Why do you spend most of your day seeing problems that do not exist?” that I just KNEW this could be a fun/tumultous ride and it was for me!
So that’s what I’m reading right now, and I also intend on reading —> Under Locke (in the bargain list ’cause he sounds like such an alpha-jerk!! And I know this one’s been out for awhile, but backtracking through my TBR list can be fun, too!) and Room 212 ’cause my fellow reading buddy Amy just loves this one, but won’t give us the details, so I just gotta go in blind (fun!!) and Infinity + One ’cause I just know this will be a book full of depth and heart (and the reviews so far say it’s phenomenal), Burned ’cause it gave me the biggest *blurb jolt* of the month so far! Whoa. I have no idea what it means, but my mind is already imagining all sorts of things. Slade <— but of course!!! 😛 Plus… a few others below that I highlighted ’cause they sound right up our alley.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Overwhelmed by You (Tear Asunder) by Nashoda Rose <— latest release in this crazy series!
- Under Locke by Mariana Zapata <— ohhhh I’m just gonna leave this here to remind myself that I want to read this one! Lori keeps bringing it up as so good, and then Margie said: “Love KA. Just finished Under Locke by Mariana Zapata (released Jan 2014). It has it all. Unrequited love, overhearing H insult h, alpha H, feisty h – great read.” OH MY!!! He INSULTS HER and she overhears it???!! MINE!! LOL… *shakes head* I knowwwww…. I dunno why I’m a sucker for true “jerks” and hurtful moments, but now I just KNOW I gotta read this pronto. It’s exactly what I’m in the mood for! Now it’s on the edge of my usual “bargain pricing” range, but if it’s as good as I’m hoping it’ll be, then it’ll be worth it!
- Devil’s Game (Reapers Motorcycle Club) by Joanna Wylde <—- her latest release is on sale!! The author says: “DEVIL’S GAME PRICE DROP ON AMAZON!”
- Checked by Jennifer Jamelli <— I’m reading this one right now and so far, exactly what I was in the mood for! I LOVE romance books about people with weird quirks, or social issues, (she’s got severe OCD), I couldn’t resist one-clicking it. “Callie spends countless hours staring at appliances to make sure they are really unplugged. She wastes obscene amounts of time checking for murderers in various corners of her house and entire sleepless nights performing pointless checking rituals. Then every spare minute is filled with inspecting doorknobs, chairs, floors, etc. for minuscule traces of germs. Oh, and she does all of this as she counts to three over and over again in her head. She does this every day. Without fail. Dr. Blake just doesn’t fit into her schedule. Until he does. Until Callie begins to trust him. Until she starts to need him. And want him. And . . .“ PLUS!! Book #2 was just released, and it’s below…
- Because of Kian (Bitterroot) by Sibylla Matilde <— RECENT RELEASE!! And Fabi says: “I’m reading Because Of Kian right now. (Love that name). It’s good so far. Anyone else reading it? I love these bargains. I get to indulge without the guilt.”
- Room 212 by Kate Stewart <— Amy recommends this one, saying: “Oh wow. It’s sooo much more than what the blurb shows. The only thing I can compare the feels to is Avoiding Commitment but not as angsty and – obviously – a different storyline. This was a 4.5 pushing 5 star for me. And I don’t throw 5 stars around often.”
- Slade (Walk Of Shame #1) by Victoria Ashley <— this is the one that caught my eye upon it’s release last week when I felt the need to slightly skim the reviews. Those reviews (well the titles) had me grinning like mad, excited to give this BAD BAD BOY a try. And now? And Kelly says: “This was HOT. Dirty, dirty boy! Loved his filthy mouth“
- Never Letting Go Box Set by S. Moose <— Kat found us this boxed set! Best friends, hearts shattered, and 4 years later… “Things are different. She is dating my teammate Kyle and I hate him. Not for dating my Sophia but for being the worst person imaginable. But I vow to make her mine again.“
- Girl of Lies (Rachel’s Peril Book 1) by Charles Sheehan-Miles <— Jules found us this new release on sale: “This is the back story about the Thompson sisters’ parents. Suspenseful and riveting. This book takes place after The Last Hour… it starts out about Andrea but you’ll see how the parents’ lies and secrets affects the whole family.” Great series! Here’s the Thompson Sisters Reading Order
- Throttle Me (Men of Inked Book 1) by Chelle Bliss <— Tattoo shop and the bad-boys that work there (and book #2 was just released below)
- Sweet Little Thing: A Novella (Sweet Thing) by Renee Carlino <— Kristen found us this super-sale! “I know many of us including Maryse were fans of Renee Carlino’s Sweet Thing. Well, Sweet Thing and Sweet Little Thing are on sale so if you haven’t read them go get them!” and Kandace says: “I loved both of these books. They are perfect!” and Tracie agrees: “Sweet Little Thing is the best novella ever written!! Will is the total bomb” I loved #1 (so here’s my review of Sweet Thing in case you haven’t read it yet). 😀
- Redemption (The Captive Series Book 5) by Erica Stevens <— popular series just had a new release! (here is the The Captive Series Reading Order)
- Craving (Talisman series Book 2) by Sofia Grey
- Bound by Dreams (Cauld Ane Series Book 5) by Tracey Jane Jackson <— drummer rock star (but I think this has a paranormal angle)
- Bobcat: Tales of the Were (Redstone Clan Book 4) by Bianca D’Arc
- Savage Chains: Scarred (#2) by Caris Roane <— “Angelica has a choice: leave the vampire BDSM club where she’s been held captive and sold as a sex slave, or stay and help Reyes bring down the men who captured her. But if she stays, she must help Reyes complete his undercover mission by posing as his sex slave.”
- Hunger for You (Shadow Shifters: Damaged Hearts) by A.C. Arthur
- Jaguar’s Kiss (Lone Pine Pride) by Vivi Andrews
- Legacy: Book Two of the Chronicles of the Nubian Underworld by Shakir Rashaan
- Azagoth: A Demonica Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Larissa Ione
- Written in My Own Heart’s Blood: A Novel (Outlander) by Diana Gabaldon <— I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!! And it’s just had a brand new release! 😀 Here is the Outlander Series Reading Order (and my review of book #1 – Outlander)
- Decker’s Wood by Kirsty Dallas <— PORN STAR ALERT & his best girl “FRIEND” (no sex w/ her, from what I gather of the blurb)!!! This should be fun! I JUST ADDED THIS ONE this evening to the list and thank you to Jody & Lori for pointing it out. The blurb made me blush!! “Decker Steele is the Pornography Associations award winning, money making machine. But what does a self-confessed, pu$$y pounding warrior do when his prized package begins to fail? Freak the ‘F’ out, that’s what!” BUT!!!! —> “…the catch is, it will only perform for Andi…My friend WITHOUT benefits.” GAH! Lori says: “Decker’s Wood was really good, very funny.”
- Infinity + One by Amy Harmon <— I LOVE this author (sooooo many of us do) ’cause she writes such deep, moving stories (check out my 5-star review of her other book “Making Faces“). And the synopsis of this one is another that made me wonder where it’s gonna go (but I’m pretty sure tears’ll be involved). “Bonnie Rae Shelby is a superstar. She’s rich. She’s beautiful. She’s impossibly famous. And Bonnie Rae Shelby wants to die. Finn Clyde is a nobody. He’s broken. He’s brilliant. He’s impossibly cynical. And all he wants is a chance at life. One girl. One boy. An act of compassion. A bizarre set of circumstances. And a choice – turn your head and walk away, or reach out your hand and risk it all?”
Jill: I am 80% through Infinity + One and this book is magic. I started it today and will finish it today as well. Just like her other books, it has me spellbound. I didn’t think I could love anything as much as I loved Making Faces (I’ve re-read it twice now) but this one is just as good. I can’t even explain. These are the books I long for. Ones that touch my heart. I hope everyone reads it and enjoys it as much as I have thus far.
Jody: OMG Maryse, you have to read Infinity + One. I can’t even begin to explain how perfect it was. The epilogue was *sigh*. Argh I am speechless. I want to be Bonnie & Clyde. <3
Zara: Oh my god. I just finished Infinity + One and I want to go in a time machine back to this morning and read it all over again. Soooo good. Easily my favourite book of 2014. Gah.
- Burned by Tara Sivec <— this one came out yesterday, and tell me this blurb doesn’t make you go *oooomph!!!*
- Baiting the Maid of Honor (a Wedding Dare Novel) (Entangled Brazen) by Tessa Bailey <— I LOVED this author’s other book BIG TIME, and now she has this one that sounds so good! “Julie Piper and Reed Lawson have nothing in common. She’s a people-pleasing sorority girl hiding behind her perfect mask. He’s a take-no-prisoners SWAT commander who isolates himself from the world. But when they’re forced together at their friends’ posh destination wedding, one thing is clear—Reed wants Julie more than he wants his next breath. Which is why he’s not about to stand by when she’s dared to seduce another man.” <— sounds like it could be an epic “MINE” moment!!
- Breaking Away (Assassins Series Book 5) by Toni Aleo <— sexy hockey players!!! This one JUST went live early! (Here’s the series reading order)
- Checked Again (Checked Series Book 2) by Jennifer Jamelli <— Okay here is #2 (new release) and I’m not even gonna dare go near the synopsis ’cause I wanna be surprised!!!
- Missionary Position by Daisy Prescott <— Jenny says: “This is a great book”
- Reciprocity (Breach Book 3) by K.I. Lynn <—- popular series just released book #3!!!! Now… I can’t read the synopsis ’cause I still need to read the first books and I don’t wanna ruin it for myself, but I’m already seeing some intense enthusiasm over this one from our fellow readers. Here’s the Breach Series Reading Order (I keep hearing about Nathan and his dirty mouth!!) and ummm… I MUST experience this “favorite over-the-top alpha male scene/bar bathroom” for myself. *waggles eyebrows* I mean… in the book. BOOK. Not… you know. *blush*
Lori: Oh, I’m so excited!! … Reciprocity, the last book in K.I. Lynn’s Breach series!! LOVE Nathan!
Rochelle: OMG! I cannot wait to get my hands on this KI!!!!!!!
Lori: I know right!! Love Nathan’s filthy mouth!
Rochelle: And this series has one of my favorite over-the-top alpha male scenes ever!
Lori: the bar bathroom scene? LOL
Lori: How could I guess? Lol it’s awesome!!
Sally: I NEED some filthy mouthed Nathan
Tracie: Get on this!! Fan freaking tastic!!!!
- UNMASKED: Volume 1 by Cassia Leo <— Ohhhh sheltered from life because she “looks different” and then… “I moved out and now I hide. I have a night job that pays the bills. Every night, I put on my mask and walk to work. Then one night, I hear and see something that will change my purpose in life… forever: a murder that will bring him to me. He says he wants to protect me. And, through a series of events I can’t fully make sense of, I find myself believing him. But our nightly visits are always cloaked in darkness. I don’t know his face and he will never know mine. I was born into this world unwanted. I will leave this world unmasked.” <— yep. Blurb jolt! I think it’s gonna be a serial series…
- Silk Anthology <— full length stories by Heidi McLaughlin, Melissa Andrea, Melissa Collins, Sarah Dosher, S. Moose, L.P. Dover, Jenni Moen, E.K. Blair, Carey Heywood, Sandi Lynn, Whitney G.
- Say The Word by Julie Johnson
- Bound to You: Volume 2 (Millionaire’s Row) by Vanessa Brooke
- Hook Me (Men of Inked Book 2) by Chelle Bliss <— piercer/MMA fighter falls for doctor! What a COVER!!! 😀
- Fix It For Us (Better Than Series Book 2) by Emme Burton
- Duty Honor Family: A Broken Soldier Novel by Clara Frost
- Break Me (The Summer Series Book 1) by Harper James
- Burn for Me (a Fighting Fire novella) (Entangled Brazen) by Lauren Blakely <— Firefighter!!
- Just One Thing by Holly Jacobs <— A bartender and the girl that goes to his bar every Monday… “Lexie and Sam learn that, with good beer and a trusted friend, sharing just “one thing” might lead to the one thing they both thought was lost forever: love.”
- Too Much: A Loveswept Contemporary Erotic Romance (All or Nothing) by Lea Griffith <– D/s book! (He has a BDSM club)
- Seduce Me (Ravage MC Book 2) by Ryan Michele <— BIKER BOOK! Friends since they were kids, raised in a biker club together and maybe even a little bit in love. But then he pushed her away…
- White Collared Part Two: Greed by Shelley Bell
- Naked Dirty Love: A Rough Riders Novel (The Rough Riders Series Book 2) by Selene Chardou <—- BIKER BOOK ALERT! “The daughter of Jonesy Hughes, the President of the Demon’s Bastards. The one woman Trey couldn’t have as Demon’s Bastard and the last person he should be attracted to as a Lucifer’s Saints club member.”
- Wicked Jake Darcy: A Loveswept Classic Romance by Iris Johansen <— “Mary knows she’s falling for Jake. But when she’s kidnapped by the ruthless leader of the Middle Eastern country where they live, her future with Jake is extinguished as quickly as it was ignited.” (and then he finds her, 3 years later…)
- Nothing but Smoke (Fire and Rain) by Daisy Harris <– M/M romance!
- Pushin’ Buttons (Boot Knockers) by Em Petrova
- His to Claim #3: Rock Hard by Opal Carew
- I Am Having So Much Fun Here Without You by Courtney Maum
- It Girl Episode 2 (HarperImpulse RomCom) by Nic Tatano
- Love Lyrics by Mary Haskell Curtis
- Count on Me (Petal, Georgia) by Laure Dane
- Blame it on Texas by Amie Louellen
- Envisioning Hope by Tracy Lee <— Amy found us this new release. From the blurb: Happily married, with a baby and business owner with her best friend. But then… “Until one night her world was tragically turned upside down, in the blink of an eye, everything was taken away from her along with something else; her sight. Not having anything to live for, Hope has turned her back on her family and friends and given up on life.” (and she meets her therapist…)
- Wrecked by Emily Snow – expected release date June 17th 2014 (pre-order sale, too!!) – her family falls apart after the deal of her sister, and she goes off to University for a new start… “Then Rhys, her new voice instructor, happens. He’s gorgeous and insanely talented, but he’s also a part of the dark past Evie is trying to overcome. Rhys’s brother is the reason why her life went up in flames, the reason why Lily, Evie’s sister, is dead. But even though Rhys is the last person Evie should ever want, for the first time in two years, wrecking things seems…right.“
- Cowboy Take Me Away (Rough Riders) by Lorelei James – – expected release date June 17th 2014
I highly highly recommend Burned! If you think the blurb gave you a jolt, just wait until the actual story 😉 Be prepared to swoon and have your undergarments combust!
YAY!!!! That’s what I like to hear! 😀
Girl of Lies & Girl of Rage by Charles Sheehan-Miles was soooo good, especially since I’ve been following the Thompson sisters from the very beginning. Action, mystery and suspense until the very end.
I read Under Locke when it came out & actually reread it over this past weekend (I was searching for a book…..got distracted….ended up rereading some favorites that I came across). So, so good!!
Another new release is Book 4 (and the final book) in the Riding the Line Series by Jayna Vixen called “Blood & Honor”. Excellent MC series. Have loved all the books in the series.
FREE!!! Love & Ink: Marks on My Skin (Love & Ink Series) by J.A. Howell. Not a new release, but a March release…Just 1-clicked this 8 – 5 Star reviews. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J1QAY8W/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_opt
Starting it right now (while at work). 🙂
Slade, Infiniti + One, Burned, Checked…looks like we have some of same books ahead of us. 😉 The Outlander series looks soooo good, but I still have to finish up BDB and have yet to start EIT, and then there are the new ones from yesterday, and- oh lord, BOOKGASM!!!!!!
Oh, and hey – Keep Calm and List On. 😛 Sorry, sorry! Cheesy, I know, but I was bored with work and was looking at “Keep Calm” merchandise…
I’m with you Amy….still haven’t finished the BDB series (but I’m getting closer….next one is Lover Avenged) and haven’t even started the EIT series which I’ve had downloaded for MONTHS! I was going to started Checked tonight, but now I am leaning more towards Infinity + One or Burned, or maybe I will read Checked……gah! I don’t know what to read next!!!!
I’m on Checked and still enjoying it! 😀
Loving her therapist. 50% and in his own way he’s sooooooo broken. I can feel how sad he is. Now to know why.
Maryse, here is my next read and it’s a new release – Decker’s Wood ;). https://www.amazon.com/Deckers-Wood-Kirsty-Dallas-ebook/dp/B00KUEGX16/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1402436645&sr=1-1&keywords=deckers+wood
I was sold with the humour likeness of Wallbanger in a review. Will let you know how it goes. 🙂
I LOVED Daisy Prescott’s new book, Missionary Position. It was so romantic, sexy, witty and well-written.
I am a PNR girl so Azagoth by Larissa Ione & Craving by Sofia Grey are my two from that list you have. I have been waiting FOREVER for Craving – at least it feels like it!!
Decker’s Wood was really good, very funny.
I’m reading Devil’s Game by Joanna Wylde now, and loving it. Great MC series.
So many great books in the last few weeks, I’ll never catch up!
This week, I’ve read Used by Bijou Hunter, Fall from India Place by Samantha Young, Forver Consumed by Skyla Madi, Slade by Victoria Ashley, Hold on Tight by Abbi Glines, Until Nico by Aurora Reynolds, Tryst by Cambria Hebert, Revelation by Rebecca Lynn, and the 2 at the top. And there are a million other books waiting. Something always seems to be coming out that top what I already have waiting on my kindle app.
Lori, any that you 5-star loved in that list? 🙂
You’re doing better than I am, Jean, with the BDB series! I have no idea which one to start tonight – I’m torn between the same books as you are. But, Maryse, you are making Checked look realllllly tempting. And since there is a sequel now, hmmmmm…
Oh my…the titles from Jody’s and Nadine’s posts… *biting fist* 😛
Jody that sounds very fun!! Thank you for pointing it out. 😀
He’s a porn star! Perfect title. 😉
Devil’s Game is a 5 star read, so far, I’m at 88%.
Hold on Tight would have been a 5 star, it was really really good, then it just wrapped up too quickly. I needed more time with the MC’s as a couple. Decker’s Wood 4.5, very funny, sexy.
I’m with Heather. PNR girl all the way so Azagoth by Larissa Ione and Craving by Sofia Grey (OMG… Dante yummm) are the ones that I cannot wait to read! 🙂
Maryse, thank you so much for this list of new releases! I have been waiting impatiently for Reciprocity to be released and I was soooo excited to see it on your list. I wouldn’t have known it was out otherwise. I can always count on you to keep me up to date! You really have to read this series. It one of my favorites!
After I finish Written In My Own Heart’s Blood I think I will read another book I’ve been anxiously awaiting- Reciprocity. It’s true, Nathan has a serious case of potty mouth!! 😉
What next- Burned, Infinity +One, Decker’s Wood, maybe Slade, or Surviving Raine, since the sequel comes out soon. I should just look at my TBR list, but there are so many tempting new books *sigh**
Lori, Decker’s Wood is 4.5? Poor guy. *snicker*
Oh, come on, guys! You know I couldn’t pass that one up!! 😛
PMSL Amy!! 😀
Apparently Dick Diggler is nothing compared to him! Hehe
Lol Dirk……. Damn autocorrect!
Hahaha Amy! You know these fictional guys, long dong silver….decker’s pecker is, of course, massive.
Just finished Overwhelmed by You…..loved this one even more than the first two in the series by Nashoda Rose! Rock star bad boy with a whole lot of baggage meets his match with a girl who drives him crazy!!
So many books…….
So little time……
What’s a girl to do?!?!
Ohhhhhh myyyyyyy! :P!!!!
I’m grinning and blushing like mad right now!
I am laughing so hard ~ vajazzle…. Hehe
I just pictured a silver, vajazzled…um…Decker. LOL!!! 😛
I was lucky enough to be given an early copy of “Craving Talisman #”2 by Sofia Grey. Great read, another bad boy biker (and Psychic) to add to the book boyfriend list. A continuation of the Talisman series, but also it’s own story. Excited to read books by new and upcoming authors. This has lots of twists and turns and leaves a lot of scope for the next book in the series.
I also see Infinity + one on the list. Im just reading it now, and Loving it!!! No spoilers! Just another great read from Amy HArmon. I loved Making Faces, so it was a no-brainer to pick this book up too.
Thanks Maryse for the never ending book suggestions. I seriously don’t know where I’d be without you in my life!
I loved Slade! 5* read
Just finished Jahleel (from a previous Maryse list) and loved it 5* as well, I can’t get it out of my head.
Finished “Checked” and reeeeaaallly liked it. I’m thinking 4 stars, but the kind of 4-star story that I absolutely feel compelled to read the new release immediately after. Like right now. No breaks needed. I just wanna continue this story. Now. 😛 Or… tonight, ’cause I’m working right now, but you know. 😉
Holy hell!!! There just is not enough hours in the day to read every book I want to!!
I’m renaming my TBR list as my “maybe someday list” and just going with whatever is new as my “definite list.”
Take that book Dom!! 😉
Hmmm Checked… I was really enjoying it and then it just ended. I wasn’t prepared for it to just end.
This ‘just stopped’ feeling is hard to describe without spoilers.
BUT if there is a sequel on the way, as Maryse indicated, then all is right with the world.
IsDonIsGood It’s out right now!!! 😀 It’s called Checked Again, or something like that. I *should* have it linked in the new releases above. That’s how I realized book #1 existed.
I am DYING to get back to it…
I just added Burned to my TBR list. It sounds gooood. Thanks for the heads up.
I’m going to read Beautiful Wedding next though. In preparation for Trevor’s story that will be released July 1st. Seriously can’t wait for that one.
Omg I now have 3 separate TBR lists.
Oops, I meant Trenton’s story coming out. I had Travis on my mind. *blush*
Don’t we all, Fabi. Don’t. We. All. 😛 😉
Decker’s Wood…title makes me giggle. I had a BF in college who called it wood. “I’ve got MAJOR wood” or “that skirt you’re wearing is giving me wood”. Can’t remember but that could be why we broke up. Jk. Wonder if he still calls it that?
OMG “My Skylar ” is AMAZINGGGGGGGG I cant put it down! Ahhhhh READ IT:)