HAPPY RELEASE DAY!! As usual lots of great looking ones to choose from, but this list is making me extra “squirrely” today. Yep… my TOP TEN TBR list is giving me a dirty look right now, ’cause I’m gonna try and squeeze a few more in there. 😉 Hehe.
<— Like THIS one!!! Play ROCK STAR ALERT! I LOVED book #1, and pretty much LOVE anything this author writes, so I can’t wait to jump on this early release. It’s live!
And… Dominic (I’m on my never-ending quest to be affected once again, by a book hero as hard as Travis affected me), and Lena (and maybe even Lori) loved it. Lena mentioned Travis, and I’m all over that. So THIS just might be my very next TBR book. Except, I’m wanting to read it NOW, so I dunno how long I can hold it off. BIG-TIME squirreling over that one, right now.
And LoveLines <— might make me laugh, might make me freak out? You never know with S. Walden, but I like the sound of this one! And Beautifully Damaged (extensively edited and it involves a fighter/alpha male that sounds right up my alley).
And a few blurbs that made me go WHOA. Like: Winter (her father’s a serial killer, and she meets (falls for?) a tattooed cop/singer that struggles with who she is). Let Me Go (Doctor that lost it all after false accusations and kidnaps the one he believes falsely accused him), and The Wrath of Sin (this guy’s out for revenge too, and steals?? the girl of the guy he’s revenging against), Rescuing Love (memory loss, and marriage crumbling because of it… and then they meet again).
But don’t stop here. I tried to “limit” my highlights (up here) from the list below, ’cause there are a BUNCH more (at least 5 more) that, if my TBR list wasn’t already tight, I’d totally pick up and read. I noted them, below, too. 🙂
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Sweet Little Thing: A Novella (Sweet Thing #1.5) by Renee Carlino <— on sale right now. I LOVED LOVED LOVED book #1 (Sweet Thing), and I hear this follow-up novella only makes it better!
- Perfect Lie by Teresa Mummert <— on sale! From the blurb, I’m getting that she’s “starting over” in college (bad past… possible heartbreak?) which brings new man into her life. Secrets exchanged which brings her past back to her present…
- Number Thirteen by Bella Jewel <— I already one-clicked this one I thought I’d bring it back to the table. Haven’t read it yet but that dark, possibly Stockholm Syndrome-y synopsis is mind-blowing!
- Wall of Trust by AJ Pryor <— very recent release! “…when a sexy mystery man wants to trade numbers, but not names, she’s more than a little skeptical.“
- No Regrets Trilogy: The Thrill of It, The Start of Us, Every Second With You by Lauren Blakely <— two books and a novella all bundled together right now!!! (thanks Kat!!)
- SECRET: A Novel by L. Marie Adeline <— Aimee just found us this one saying: ” I don’t think it’s ever been on sale before…watching it since Jan 2013.”
- Devour (The Devoured Series) by Shelly Crane <— Aimee found us this one too! “…her boyfriend, Tate, starts to show signs of trouble when a new guy, Eli, comes to town. Clara is fascinated with him, but hides it until something happens. Eli confesses to her that she gives him something he’s never had before…something he needs. Everything is about to change for this normal pretty popular girl in a supernatural way.“
- Winter (A Four Seasons Series) by Nikita Rae <— Aimee found us this deal, too! Sounds intriguing. She’s getting a new start in college (away from her father’s “serial killer” past), and meets a tattooed bad-ass cop (who’s also a singer in a band). “…falling hard for a girl whose father was accused of deeply sinister acts—a man whom Luke shares a devastating history with, himself—only serves to complicated things.” Hrmmm… I’m thinking I need to one-click this one. Yep.
- Dominic (Slater Brothers) by L.A. Casey <— I’m bringing this one back from last week’s list ’cause Lena is going crazy for it, and now I wanna go crazy, too! Okay this is already making me wanna *squirrel*, and I just one-clicked it. Consider this one on my MAIN “Top Ten” TBR list, at the top right now…
Maryse’s Book Blog: Is it the Dominic from the book entitled “Dominic”? I had that one on a list a week ago! So it’s good?!!
Lena: Yes it is!!!!!! It’s got it all!!!! L.A. Casey! And here I thought that Travis had me ruined for any other book boyfriend! Dominic comes the closest anyone has ever come for me!!! And to quote you SQUEEEEE!!!! xoxo
Lori: I’m loving Dominic by L.A. Casey right now! I’ve been laughing me arse off most of the way through. It’s set in Ireland, the banter between MC’s is giving me life! I’m only at 60% or so, but so far one of my favorites of this year.
- Six Brothers (Gypsy Brothers, #2) by Lili Saint Germain <— recent release, and price has been reduced for now. (thanks Mary Ann!)
- Their Virgin Concubine, Masters of Ménage, Book 3 by Shayla Black
- The Gentleman and the Rogue by Bonnie Dee <— I love this author and her recent M/M release
- Let Me Go by DC Renee <— Here’s a very recent release that I haven’t received a recommendation for (yet), but the blurb had me go WHOA! A doctor, imprisoned for 5 years after being falsely accused of rape and then… “…when she woke up, she was no longer at home, and she was no longer alone. She was facing Mason, a guy who claimed she ruined his life. And he’s hell-bent on breaking her down, humiliating her, making her feel like he has all these years. She claimed she had no clue what he was talking about, but he didn’t believe her. The facts don’t lie.“
- Reclaiming the Sand by A. Meredith Walters <— this blurb GOT me last week! CLICK! He’s the one being bullied by her! “He was taunted and teased, bearing the brunt of systematic and calculated cruelty, ultimately culminating in a catastrophic turn of events that brought Ellie and Flynn’s worlds crashing down. But then Flynn and Ellie grew up. And moved on. Until years later when their paths unexpectedly cross again and the bully and the freak are face to face once more.“
- Bite Me (The Pride Series) by Shelly Laurenston <— I hear this series is hilarious and AWESOME and steamy!!) Here is the series reading order.
- Shadow Spell: Book Two of The Cousins O’Dwyer Trilogy by Nora Roberts
- Six Months (Seven Series #2) by Dannika Dark
- Changing Fate by Jessica Faye
- In The Fading Light by Tara Brown
- Long Shadows (The Lycanthropy Files) by Cecilia Dominic
- End of the Innocence (The Innocence Trilogy) by Alessandra Torre <— book #3 just released! I LOVE this author, and need to read this series. 😀 (here’s the series reading order)
- Play (A Stage Dive Novel) by Kylie Scott <— ROCK STAR ALERT (and I LOVVVVED book #1!!!) . Whoa. Wait. What?Wow, Mal’s book came out early so… YAY!!!! 😀 “Anne Rollins never thought she’d ever meet the rock god who plastered her teenage bedroom walls—especially not under these circumstances. Anne has money problems. Big ones. But being paid to play the pretend girlfriend to a wild life-of-the-party drummer couldn’t end well. No matter how hot he is. Or could it?“
- Twisted (The Tangled Series) by Emma Chase <— (P.S. Today’s the last day to enter this contest!!) Oh and here’s the Tangled Series Reading Order
- Twisted Together (Monsters in the Dark) by Pepper Winters <— Caroline found us this one! “It’s the third book in her Monsters in the Dark series. Loved the first two; really looking forward to book three!” (here’s the series reading order)
- LoveLines (Wilmington Saga) by S. Walden <— Another book by this author sent me in a tailspin, so I can’t wait to try this one out! This one sounds very different! Maybe fun, but with a definite feel of angst or trouble? From blurb, I’m getting that she’s a quirky thirty-something year old with BIG-time OCD, and her male co-worker finds it endearing. But things eventually go awry…
- When the Sun Goes Down by Erin Noelle <— looks good! It’s hard to sum it up from what I’ve read of the blurb, but it seems to be about two women with very bad pasts (one’s skittish around men, one is seeking revenge on all men, and one in particular… and there’s also a man). Not sure if he’s matched up to both of ’em or not. 😉
- Last Breath: A Novel (Hitman #2) by Jen Frederick & Jessica Clare <— Book #1 was very well received, and one of the authors described this one saying: “…features a darker, grittier storyline but that is alleviated by the sardonic Daniel who has a propensity for bad nicknames (just say no to Sugar T!ts) and his proficiency with all kinds of weapons.” 😀 LOL!!!
- Enjoying the Chase by Kirsty Moseley <— Heather just reminded me that this one was released today, saying: “It’s the book after Nothing Left To Lose. The second book is about two of the characters from the first book. NLTL was probably my favorite book of 2014 so far.”
- Unwound: The Mastered Series by Lorelei James <— I heard that this series is so good!
- Passion and Ponies (Chocoholics #2) by Tara Sivec
- KNOX: Volume 1 by Cassia Leo <— Just released (this is the start of a serial series)…
- Craving Him: A Love by Design Novel by Kendall Ryan
- Still Life with Strings by L.H. Cosway <— I LOVED her book “Painted Faces” and this one looks just as awesome. In fact, Jeanie just messaged me saying: “Maryse, I’m currently reading LH Cosways new release Still Life With Strings- omg, I am totally loving it right now!!! I’m loving the chemistry between Shane & Jade – it just jumps off the page!!!” <— YAY!!!! That sounds perfect for me!
- Recklessly Royal by Nichole Chase
- Fatal Jeopardy: Book Seven of The Fatal Series by Marie Force
- Tame Me: A Stark International Novella by J. Kenner
- Hope Ignites (A Hope Novel) by Jaci Burton
- Saint Kate of the Cupcake: The Dangers of Lust and Baking by L.C. Fenton <— From blurb, I’m getting: She’s married and moved to England for her mostly-absent husband and his stuffy family, and in her boredom cooks herself into getting her own cooking show! And then attracts the attention of her favorite famous actor… <— eeeeep!
- That’s a Lie: (Promises, Promises #2) by Victoria Klahr
- The Wrath of Sin: A Mortal Sin Novel by Melissa Andrea, & Tabatha Vargo <— okay this one sounds like a dark read from the blurb? Does he kidnap some guy’s daughter? Wife? Sister? “I’m not a murderer, but hate will make you do crazy things. I hate the man who stole my life from me, and it’s only fair that I steal something precious from him. But revenge is bittersweet when passion overpowers your reason, and what’s precious to him has become the voice of reason for me. Pushing me to feel human again, she threatens to change everything.” Maybe he seduces her away? Hrmmmm…. consider me curious!
- Come Home to Me (Whiskey Creek) by Brenda Novak <– back home with her small son (after 2 years away), and seeing “him” again… “…she can’t fall back into his arms…or his bed. She’s come too far to backslide now. And there’s a secret she’s been guarding—a secret she’ll do anything to protect.“
- Carved in Stone (The Stone Series) by Noree Kahika <— brand spankin’ new release with a blurb that says “up our alley” to me. 🙂 “I got a fantastic job in an exciting new career, made some wonderfully new and flamboyant friends, was given a promotion, unwittingly picked up an enemy or two along the way, fell head over heels in love with the most beautiful man in the world who also happens to be a dominating enigmatic millionaire and had my heart crushingly stomped on by said millionaire… and that was all in the first three months of moving to L.A…” <— and then there’s more, ’cause Mr. Heartbreak comes around again… 😉
- Bad Boy vs Millionaire (Bad Boy Rock Star) by Candy J Starr <— well this title pretty much says it all. 😉
- Third Degree: Flirt New Adult Romance by Julie Cross <— “I used to be “Isabel Jenkins, child prodigy.” As lame as that sounds, at least it was an identity. But now I’m not surewhat I am. I just failed the most important exam of my life—the emotional readiness test required to get into a medical residency program—and it turns out my parents can’t stand each other. Now I’m trying to figure out how to pick up the pieces of my life, and that means re-enrolling as a college freshman, but this time I’m shutting the books and majoring in being eighteen…“
- Rescuing Love by Carol Denekas <— oh wow this one sounds like it wants to break my heart… and put it back together again? Perfect marriage, pregnancy… and then doubts that lead to a tragic accident. She loses her memory… “Grief-stricken and unable to cope with Emily’s condition, Daniel is forced to send her back to live with her parents. A year later, her memory still absent, Emily meets Daniel as if for the first time. As they seemingly start anew, she feels the pull of old memories as their relationship begins to blossom…“
- Roman Holiday: The Adventure Continues by Ruthie Knox
- Roman Holiday: The Complete Adventure (2-Book Bundle: The Adventure Begins and The Adventure Continues) by Ruthie Knox
- Second Chances: The Bold and the Beautiful by Ros Baxter
- Smokin’ Hot (Firefighters of Lanville, TX) by Lynn LaFleur
- Sweet Talk Me by Kieran Kramer <— COUNTRY STAR ALERT!
- Making the Grade (Wicked Warrens) by Marie Harte
- A Match Made in Texas (Deep in the Heart of Texas) by Katie Lane
- The Other Half by Sarah Rayner <— oh this one sounds like it’s gonna hurt… “Told in the alternating voices of the mistress and the wife, this story of an affair is a sharp, seductive take on modern love.”
- Boots and Twisters by Myla Jackson <— er… by that cover, I have a feeling I know what this one’s about. 😉 Well… steam-wise, at least.
- Dyed and Gone (Azalea March Mystery Series) by Beth Yarnall
- Girl Trouble (Come Again) by Miranda Baker
- Mad About You: License to Thrill/You Only Love Twice by Lori Wilde
- Book Lovers: Sexy Stories from Under the Covers by Shawna Kenney
- An April Bride (A Year of Weddings Novella) by Lenora Worth
- Beautifully Damaged (Beautifully Damaged series) by L.A. Fiore <— FIGHTER ALERT!!! This one was picked up by a publisher and re-released. I know it was quite popular about a year or so ago as an indie book, but had editing issues, so I held off. But from the sounds of it, this one is right up my alley, and now that it’s been extensively “cleaned up” I can’t wait to try it!!! “…catching the steely blue eyes of a tall, gorgeous tattooed man—Trace Montgomery. Still damaged from her last disastrous relationship and warned off the bad boy by friends, Ember fights the smoldering heat that Trace sparks in her when he begins shadowing her like a dark angel.” Oh yes, Trace sounds like fun. Plus he’s a fighter, so you know… me + fighter = YAY!!!