First… happy new release day! 😀 And second…
<— Oooooo look at this one! Oh wow, dear book… you just had to go and be exactly what I wanted to read right now, and shift my whole TBR list again, didn’t you? Yep. You just had to be a “forbidden-y feeling” teacher-student romance book that I’m hearing has alllll the feels and is more about emotion than steam (which is exactly what I want right now). Okay, really, I just want to thank you, sweet book, for giving me my biggest blurb jolt of the day (and of the week?) and I’m SO excited to start you.
*sigh* I just LOVE new release day. I get to learn about all sorts of tasty-looking goodies! Books make me spontaneous. LOL! 😛
Summer: Loving Mr. Daniels was so good!! Highly recommend to all!!Lori: I’m about halfway through and loving – total feels book!
Maryse: I am EXCITED!!!!! 😀
Lisa: One of the best forbidden romances EVER. I love me some Daniel Daniels
Maryse: Ohhhh I LOVE THE SOUND of that!
Teri: AMAZING book! It’s not your typical forbidden romance!
Charity: Heard it was amazing!!!!! A friend texted me this morning and said she stayed up all night!!! Can’t wait!
Maryse: Yep… that cinches it. TONIGHT I’ve got a date with Mr. Daniels. YAY ME!!!! 😀
So can you guess what I’m reading next? LOL! But you know me ‘n my current TBR list. It’s loaded in awesome, I just know it, but I can’t help myself with this juicy piece of temptation.
Oh? What else looks tempting below? LOTS! Like… KING’S (’cause a reader mentioned KMM’s Fever-feel, and I’m hoping that translates to “Barrons-feel”). LOL!! 😛 YES PLEASE!! Perfectly Damaged (schizophrenic heroine…), Sweet Filthy Boy (meet in Vegas, and she spontaneously goes to France with him…), Tempting Love (she’s pining for the single father across the street. I love pining!! It hurts so goooooood), and Somebody Like You (mourning her deceased soldier husband, and suddenly comes face to face with his estranged twin). Decisions, decisions… however mine is already made (at least for tonight). But, I also noted a bunch more that sound right up our alley, below. 😀
What are you guys reading next?
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
BARGAIN (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers #1) by J.A. Redmerski <— Cristina just told us that J.A. Redmerski’s series “In the Company of Killers” is on sale!. Remember the first one, when she’s being held against her will (has been for years) and she escapes and hides in a hitman’s car as he leaves the compound…? *eeeep!!* (here’s my review).
- Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers #2) by J.A. Redmerski <—
- The Swan and the Jackal (In the Company of Killers #3) by J.A. Redmerski <—
- I Do. . . or Die by Donna Cummings <— Claudia is loving this one! “I’m reading “I do..or Die” and is so funny…romance/comedy/suspense, and the main character is hilarious!!”
- Pretty Little Things by Teresa Mummert <— Nancy found out this one’s on super-sale right now! 😀
- Elements of Retrofit (Thomas Elkin) by N.R. Walker <— M/M recommendation by Tess! “WOW Maryse! Just finished the Thomas Elkin books by NR Walker. Soooo good! Loved them! Highly recommend…. Depressed to even think about my next read, don’t want to leave them!!“
- KING’S (The King Trilogy) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff <— New releases and Tracey says: “Just finished book 1 and 2 of Mimi Jean Pamfiloff s The king trilogy, really good read reminded me a bit of Karen Marie Moning Fever series. unfortunately looks like i will have to wait till then end of the year for book three however it isn’t what i would call a painful cliffhanger.” and Kelly enjoyed ’em, too! “I just finished them yesterday too. I really liked them. Nothing like I expected when I started reading.”
- KING FOR A DAY (The King Trilogy) <– and here’s #2. These look awesome!
- The Captive Series Bundle (Books 1-4) by Erica Stevens <— Hey YES!! I enjoyed book #1 last year and need to continue this series! I’ve heard it only gets better and now it’s been bundled! Jami says: “Clapping hands! I read the first book and loved it but was to cheap to pay full price for the rest!Thank you!”
- BLAKE: Captive to the Dark by Alaska Angelini <— Stephanie found us this super-bargain priced book! Whoa. Crazy-ounding blurb! “I had one job: go in and save my client’s daughter. But what should have been a routine rescue, wasn’t. Not one slave. Three. And one of those women was Kaitlyn Summers. With each slice of my blade, I watched the cover model unleash a darkness equivalent to mine. She seduced the beast I held within, and I knew I had to have her. Her damage only I can heal, but to do that, she’ll have to become a slave all over again. My slave.“
- Chosen: Chosen #1 by Denise Grover-Swank <— and Stephanie found out that this entire series was on super-sale. Ohhh crazy premise! “Mercenary Will Davenport lives in the moment. Hauling Emma to South Dakota should have been an easy job, but his employer neglected to tell him about Emma’s freaky son and the gunmen hot on her trail. Instinct tells him this job is trouble, but nothing can prepare him for Jake’s proclamation that Will is The Chosen One, who must protect Emma from the men hunting her power. A power she doesn’t know she has.” (plus: Hunted: Chosen #2, Sacrifice: Chosen #3, Redemption: Chosen #4)
- Vivian’s List (New Adult Romance) (The List) by Halleigh Lovell <— Jessica recommends it! “Just finished “Vivian’s List” by Halleigh Lovell. Awesome!!!! Loved it. Have downloaded the follow up “Liam’s List.”
- Liam’s List by Halleigh Lovell <— and here’s #2 (wow these have great reviews!)
- Tempting Love – Haley & Eddie (The Crossroads Series) by Melanie Shanw <— wow great reviews (thanks for pointing it out Stephanie) and I LOVE the whole “hopelessly in love with the single father across the street” premise!! *sigh* Okay, I gotta check this out!
- Wonderfully Wicked by C.J. Burright <— “A dreamcaster with the ability to channel creatures from her nightmares, headstrong and cynical Kalila Montgomery longs for a peaceful, picket-fence life…until the man literally of her dreams kidnaps her. Survival quickly becomes her number one goal, yet a growing attraction to the man in her nightmares is impossible to ignore.“
- Reluctant Consort: 4 (Wizard Twins) by Lora Leigh
- Scala (Angelbound) by Christina Bauer
- The Kraken King Part V: The Kraken King and the Iron Heart (A Novel of the Iron Seas) by Meljean Brook
- Lightning Unbound (Even Gods Fall in Love) by Lynne Connolly
- Enigma (Southern Arcana) by Moira Rogers
- Fire Rising: Part 1 (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant
- House of the Rising Sun (Crescent City) by Kristen Painter
- Avoiding Alpha (Alpha Girl) by Aileen Erin
- Carnal Magic (The Wraith Accords) by Lila Dubois
- Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy Cherry <— STUDENT-TEACHER ALERT!!!! “It was easy to call us forbidden and harder to call us soulmates. Yet I believed we were both. Forbidden soul mates.” OH WOW… so she meets him in a bar (he’s part of the band) and then she starts school again… and guess what!? GAH!!! I love the sound of that. LOL I’m a nut!
- Lust: Ten Aussie Authors To Get You Hot Down Under by Bella Jewel, Belle Aurora, Pepper Winters, Carmen Jenner, Kasey Millstead, Chantal Fernando, Rachel Brookes, TJ Hamilton, Jennifer Ryder, Kate McCarthy <— TEN full length books – lots of favorites in this one!!
- Devour by E.K. Blair, Ilsa Madden-Mills, K.A. Robinson, Lexi Buchanan, Missy Johnson, Sandi Lynn, S.E. Hall, Tijan <— and another anthology with stories by some of our favorite authors!!
- Perfectly Damaged by E.L. Montes <— This one sounds different and up our potentially-angsty alley! It’s about a woman with “Schizoaffective disorder” and the man that wants to be with her. Veronica loved it: “I devoured this beautiful tale in 3 hours. I could not put it down. I laughed, cried, and actually gasped at one stage!! It portrays Jenna’s mental illness in a heartbreaking way, I felt for her the whole way through the book, and reading her interact with Logan and pull herself away from her inner demons was breathtaking. It shows how love can be devastating and fulfilling all at the same time……“
- Very Wicked Beginnings (Briarcrest Academy #1.5) by Ilsa Madden-Mills <— It’s a “prequel” but was released after book #1 and Andrea read both this one and #2 and says: “LOVED this book! Cuba was all sorts of hot and cold and amazing! I read this straight through, and when it was over I kept trying to flip the pages hoping for more! I’m pretty sure you’ll love it Maryse!“
- Very Wicked Things (Briarcrest Academy #2) by Ilsa Madden-Mills <— Melanie says: “Both are absolutely fantastic!! Cuba and Dovey made me go crazy!!! Must, must buy!! And Ilsa Madden-Mills is pretty damn kick arse too.“
- Tempting the Bodyguard (A Gamble Brothers Novel) (Entangled Brazen) by J. Lynn <— Courtney loves this series! “Maryse, the third book in one of my favorite series was just released today. Tempting the Bodyguard is the third book in the Gamble Brothers series and I highly recommend it. J. Lynn aka Jennifer Armentrout is the author!“
- Dare to Resist (a Wedding Dare novella) (Entangled Brazen) by Laura Kaye
- Strings of the Heart (Runaway Train) by Katie Ashley – ROCK STAR ALERT!!
- Infinitely by Cheryl McIntyre <— “For Briar Gallo, her lifelong best friend, Benji, was more than the boy next door. He was her first—everything. Her first friend, her first kiss, her first love, and her first heartbreak. The day Benji left was the worst day of her life. Until the day he came back.” (he’s been living a rough a life with drugs and bad people…)
- Salvation: A Defiance Novel (The Defiance Series) by Stephanie Tyler – BIKER ALERT!!
- Gansett After Dark (McCarthys of Gansett Island Series) by Marie Force
- Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons) by Christina Lauren <— “…after a crazy Vegas weekend celebrating her college graduation—and terrified of the future path she knows is a cop-out—Mia Holland makes the wildest decision of her life: follow Ansel Guillaume—her sweet, filthy fling—to France for the summer and just…play.“
- Somebody Like You: A Novel by Beth K. Vogt <— OMG what. is. this!?? Now… the cover didn’t quite grab me, but that blurb? “Haley’s three-year marriage to Sam, an army medic, ends tragically when he’s killed in Afghanistan. Her attempts to create a new life for herself are ambushed when she arrives home one evening—and finds her husband waiting for her. Did the military make an unimaginable mistake when they told her Sam was killed?”
- Entice (Eagle Elite) by Rachel Van Dyken
- All Lined Up: A Rusk University Novel by Cora Carmack <— “As if going to the same college as her football star ex wasn’t bad enough, her father, a Texas high school coaching phenom, has decided to make the jump to college ball… as the new head coach at Rusk University. Dallas finds herself in the shadows of her father and football all over again.“
- Profile of Terror: Book Two of Profile Series by Alexa Grace
- The Forgotten Girl by Jessica Sorensen <— Amnesia victim “Good Maddie goes to therapy, spends time with her family, and works on healing herself. Bad Maddie rebels and has dark thoughts of hurting people and sometimes even killing them.” *eeeeep!*
- With The Band (Luminescent Juliet, Book Three) by Jean Haus
- Wild Ways: The Justiss Alliance Series by Tina Wainscott
- Rider’s Kiss by Anne Rainey “Back in Summit Green to open a new branch of his auto repair service, Rider James barely recognizes the alluring brunette as the clumsy, introverted girl from high school. He always liked her, but back then she was too innocent to mess with. Now she’s all grown up…and turning him on.”
- Stupid Girl by Cindy Miles <— another bad boy messing with (falling for?) good girl, but I like those! 😉 “when his name is drawn to take part in his fraternity’s hazing dare, Brax eagerly accepts the mission to take Olivia’s virginity. But he doesn’t plan on falling hard for the sweet and sassy Texas girl who sees right through his bad-boy persona.” But the harmless “prack” wreaks havoc…
- Then Comes Marriage: A Loveswept Classic Romance by Bonnie Pega <— “Meeting the woman of his dreams—a radiant beauty with soulful blue eyes—while she’s carrying another man’s baby might be the definition of bad luck, but Zac stopped believing in picket fences and happy endings long ago.“
- Wild Thing: A Loveswept Classic Romance by Bonnie Pega
- Only You: A Loveswept Classic Romance by Bonnie Pega
- The Rebel and His Bride: A Loveswept Classic Romance by Bonnie Pega
- The Tree by Katherine Ford
- Inked Armor by Helena Hunting
- Long For Me: A Secrets & Shadows Story by Shiloh Walker
- Mai Tai for Two by Delphine Dryden
- No Distance Left to Run by L.A. Witt & Aleksandr Voinov <— M/M romance!!
- Perfect 10 by Erin McCarthy
- Popping the Question by Cheryl Anne Porter “Chris is everything Dianna wants, but he’s committed to another woman.”
- Desert Heat: A Novel by Elizabeth Reyes <— Oh I love this author!! 😀 “Bethany Amaya is working three jobs, worrying about her family back home, and running from her past. The worst thing that could complicate her life further would be a romance. But after a second-run in with the irresistibly sexy detective Damian Santiago, that’s exactly what she gets. In the blink of an eye, she’s caught up in a passionate romance with one of the most intense men she’s ever met.“
- Dungeon Games: A Masters and Mercenaries Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Lexi Blake
- As Is by Rachel Michael Arends <— “Gwendolyn Golden and Armand Leopold have been America’s go-to couple for home decorating tips, letting the cameras into their So Perfect house, their So Perfect life, their So Perfect marriage. One problem: it’s all an act. Actually, two problems: America just found out it’s all an act.“
- The Bad Boy Billionaire: What a Girl Wants by Maya Rodale
- The Best Medicine (A Bell Harbor Novel) by Tracy Brogan <— “…when intoxicated, law-breaking Tyler Connelly crashes into her life by way of a stolen Jet Ski, unruly emotions defy common sense. Sure, he’s sexy, charming, and determined to win Evelyn’s affection, but all evidence points to him being the worst possible choice. He’s too young for her. Too irresponsible. Too underemployed. And, oh yeah, he’s her patient.” Hehe. Sounds like fun to me!
- Blue Skies and Shining Promises: A Loveswept Contemporary Romance (Sedikhan) by Iris Johansen
PREORDERS (not next week’s but coming up over the next year that look so good!)
- Dirty Angels by Karina Halle <— JAVIER fans!!! Look what’s up for pre-order! – expected release date June 15th 2014 (here is the The Artists Trilogy Reading Order)
- Dirty Rowdy Thing (Wild Seasons) by Christina Lauren <— expected release date November 4th 2014
- After the Rain by Renee Carlino – expected release date November 11th 2014 <— Kandace just found out about this one saying: “I swear my heart squeezed from the synopsis. It sounds like a “feels” story.” Ohhhh yah. That sounds BIG!