First… happy new release day! 😀 And second…
<— Oooooo look at this one! Oh wow, dear book… you just had to go and be exactly what I wanted to read right now, and shift my whole TBR list again, didn’t you? Yep. You just had to be a “forbidden-y feeling” teacher-student romance book that I’m hearing has alllll the feels and is more about emotion than steam (which is exactly what I want right now). Okay, really, I just want to thank you, sweet book, for giving me my biggest blurb jolt of the day (and of the week?) and I’m SO excited to start you.
*sigh* I just LOVE new release day. I get to learn about all sorts of tasty-looking goodies! Books make me spontaneous. LOL! 😛
Summer: Loving Mr. Daniels was so good!! Highly recommend to all!!Lori: I’m about halfway through and loving – total feels book!
Maryse: I am EXCITED!!!!! 😀
Lisa: One of the best forbidden romances EVER. I love me some Daniel Daniels
Maryse: Ohhhh I LOVE THE SOUND of that!
Teri: AMAZING book! It’s not your typical forbidden romance!
Charity: Heard it was amazing!!!!! A friend texted me this morning and said she stayed up all night!!! Can’t wait!
Maryse: Yep… that cinches it. TONIGHT I’ve got a date with Mr. Daniels. YAY ME!!!! 😀
So can you guess what I’m reading next? LOL! But you know me ‘n my current TBR list. It’s loaded in awesome, I just know it, but I can’t help myself with this juicy piece of temptation.
Oh? What else looks tempting below? LOTS! Like… KING’S (’cause a reader mentioned KMM’s Fever-feel, and I’m hoping that translates to “Barrons-feel”). LOL!! 😛 YES PLEASE!! Perfectly Damaged (schizophrenic heroine…), Sweet Filthy Boy (meet in Vegas, and she spontaneously goes to France with him…), Tempting Love (she’s pining for the single father across the street. I love pining!! It hurts so goooooood), and Somebody Like You (mourning her deceased soldier husband, and suddenly comes face to face with his estranged twin). Decisions, decisions… however mine is already made (at least for tonight). But, I also noted a bunch more that sound right up our alley, below. 😀
What are you guys reading next?
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
BARGAIN (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers #1) by J.A. Redmerski <— Cristina just told us that J.A. Redmerski’s series “In the Company of Killers” is on sale!. Remember the first one, when she’s being held against her will (has been for years) and she escapes and hides in a hitman’s car as he leaves the compound…? *eeeep!!* (here’s my review).
- Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers #2) by J.A. Redmerski <—
- The Swan and the Jackal (In the Company of Killers #3) by J.A. Redmerski <—
- I Do. . . or Die by Donna Cummings <— Claudia is loving this one! “I’m reading “I do..or Die” and is so funny…romance/comedy/suspense, and the main character is hilarious!!”
- Pretty Little Things by Teresa Mummert <— Nancy found out this one’s on super-sale right now! 😀
- Elements of Retrofit (Thomas Elkin) by N.R. Walker <— M/M recommendation by Tess! “WOW Maryse! Just finished the Thomas Elkin books by NR Walker. Soooo good! Loved them! Highly recommend…. Depressed to even think about my next read, don’t want to leave them!!“
- KING’S (The King Trilogy) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff <— New releases and Tracey says: “Just finished book 1 and 2 of Mimi Jean Pamfiloff s The king trilogy, really good read reminded me a bit of Karen Marie Moning Fever series. unfortunately looks like i will have to wait till then end of the year for book three however it isn’t what i would call a painful cliffhanger.” and Kelly enjoyed ’em, too! “I just finished them yesterday too. I really liked them. Nothing like I expected when I started reading.”
- KING FOR A DAY (The King Trilogy) <– and here’s #2. These look awesome!
- The Captive Series Bundle (Books 1-4) by Erica Stevens <— Hey YES!! I enjoyed book #1 last year and need to continue this series! I’ve heard it only gets better and now it’s been bundled! Jami says: “Clapping hands! I read the first book and loved it but was to cheap to pay full price for the rest!Thank you!”
- BLAKE: Captive to the Dark by Alaska Angelini <— Stephanie found us this super-bargain priced book! Whoa. Crazy-ounding blurb! “I had one job: go in and save my client’s daughter. But what should have been a routine rescue, wasn’t. Not one slave. Three. And one of those women was Kaitlyn Summers. With each slice of my blade, I watched the cover model unleash a darkness equivalent to mine. She seduced the beast I held within, and I knew I had to have her. Her damage only I can heal, but to do that, she’ll have to become a slave all over again. My slave.“
- Chosen: Chosen #1 by Denise Grover-Swank <— and Stephanie found out that this entire series was on super-sale. Ohhh crazy premise! “Mercenary Will Davenport lives in the moment. Hauling Emma to South Dakota should have been an easy job, but his employer neglected to tell him about Emma’s freaky son and the gunmen hot on her trail. Instinct tells him this job is trouble, but nothing can prepare him for Jake’s proclamation that Will is The Chosen One, who must protect Emma from the men hunting her power. A power she doesn’t know she has.” (plus: Hunted: Chosen #2, Sacrifice: Chosen #3, Redemption: Chosen #4)
- Vivian’s List (New Adult Romance) (The List) by Halleigh Lovell <— Jessica recommends it! “Just finished “Vivian’s List” by Halleigh Lovell. Awesome!!!! Loved it. Have downloaded the follow up “Liam’s List.”
- Liam’s List by Halleigh Lovell <— and here’s #2 (wow these have great reviews!)
- Tempting Love – Haley & Eddie (The Crossroads Series) by Melanie Shanw <— wow great reviews (thanks for pointing it out Stephanie) and I LOVE the whole “hopelessly in love with the single father across the street” premise!! *sigh* Okay, I gotta check this out!
- Wonderfully Wicked by C.J. Burright <— “A dreamcaster with the ability to channel creatures from her nightmares, headstrong and cynical Kalila Montgomery longs for a peaceful, picket-fence life…until the man literally of her dreams kidnaps her. Survival quickly becomes her number one goal, yet a growing attraction to the man in her nightmares is impossible to ignore.“
- Reluctant Consort: 4 (Wizard Twins) by Lora Leigh
- Scala (Angelbound) by Christina Bauer
- The Kraken King Part V: The Kraken King and the Iron Heart (A Novel of the Iron Seas) by Meljean Brook
- Lightning Unbound (Even Gods Fall in Love) by Lynne Connolly
- Enigma (Southern Arcana) by Moira Rogers
- Fire Rising: Part 1 (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant
- House of the Rising Sun (Crescent City) by Kristen Painter
- Avoiding Alpha (Alpha Girl) by Aileen Erin
- Carnal Magic (The Wraith Accords) by Lila Dubois
- Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy Cherry <— STUDENT-TEACHER ALERT!!!! “It was easy to call us forbidden and harder to call us soulmates. Yet I believed we were both. Forbidden soul mates.” OH WOW… so she meets him in a bar (he’s part of the band) and then she starts school again… and guess what!? GAH!!! I love the sound of that. LOL I’m a nut!
- Lust: Ten Aussie Authors To Get You Hot Down Under by Bella Jewel, Belle Aurora, Pepper Winters, Carmen Jenner, Kasey Millstead, Chantal Fernando, Rachel Brookes, TJ Hamilton, Jennifer Ryder, Kate McCarthy <— TEN full length books – lots of favorites in this one!!
- Devour by E.K. Blair, Ilsa Madden-Mills, K.A. Robinson, Lexi Buchanan, Missy Johnson, Sandi Lynn, S.E. Hall, Tijan <— and another anthology with stories by some of our favorite authors!!
- Perfectly Damaged by E.L. Montes <— This one sounds different and up our potentially-angsty alley! It’s about a woman with “Schizoaffective disorder” and the man that wants to be with her. Veronica loved it: “I devoured this beautiful tale in 3 hours. I could not put it down. I laughed, cried, and actually gasped at one stage!! It portrays Jenna’s mental illness in a heartbreaking way, I felt for her the whole way through the book, and reading her interact with Logan and pull herself away from her inner demons was breathtaking. It shows how love can be devastating and fulfilling all at the same time……“
- Very Wicked Beginnings (Briarcrest Academy #1.5) by Ilsa Madden-Mills <— It’s a “prequel” but was released after book #1 and Andrea read both this one and #2 and says: “LOVED this book! Cuba was all sorts of hot and cold and amazing! I read this straight through, and when it was over I kept trying to flip the pages hoping for more! I’m pretty sure you’ll love it Maryse!“
- Very Wicked Things (Briarcrest Academy #2) by Ilsa Madden-Mills <— Melanie says: “Both are absolutely fantastic!! Cuba and Dovey made me go crazy!!! Must, must buy!! And Ilsa Madden-Mills is pretty damn kick arse too.“
- Tempting the Bodyguard (A Gamble Brothers Novel) (Entangled Brazen) by J. Lynn <— Courtney loves this series! “Maryse, the third book in one of my favorite series was just released today. Tempting the Bodyguard is the third book in the Gamble Brothers series and I highly recommend it. J. Lynn aka Jennifer Armentrout is the author!“
- Dare to Resist (a Wedding Dare novella) (Entangled Brazen) by Laura Kaye
- Strings of the Heart (Runaway Train) by Katie Ashley – ROCK STAR ALERT!!
- Infinitely by Cheryl McIntyre <— “For Briar Gallo, her lifelong best friend, Benji, was more than the boy next door. He was her first—everything. Her first friend, her first kiss, her first love, and her first heartbreak. The day Benji left was the worst day of her life. Until the day he came back.” (he’s been living a rough a life with drugs and bad people…)
- Salvation: A Defiance Novel (The Defiance Series) by Stephanie Tyler – BIKER ALERT!!
- Gansett After Dark (McCarthys of Gansett Island Series) by Marie Force
- Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons) by Christina Lauren <— “…after a crazy Vegas weekend celebrating her college graduation—and terrified of the future path she knows is a cop-out—Mia Holland makes the wildest decision of her life: follow Ansel Guillaume—her sweet, filthy fling—to France for the summer and just…play.“
- Somebody Like You: A Novel by Beth K. Vogt <— OMG what. is. this!?? Now… the cover didn’t quite grab me, but that blurb? “Haley’s three-year marriage to Sam, an army medic, ends tragically when he’s killed in Afghanistan. Her attempts to create a new life for herself are ambushed when she arrives home one evening—and finds her husband waiting for her. Did the military make an unimaginable mistake when they told her Sam was killed?”
- Entice (Eagle Elite) by Rachel Van Dyken
- All Lined Up: A Rusk University Novel by Cora Carmack <— “As if going to the same college as her football star ex wasn’t bad enough, her father, a Texas high school coaching phenom, has decided to make the jump to college ball… as the new head coach at Rusk University. Dallas finds herself in the shadows of her father and football all over again.“
- Profile of Terror: Book Two of Profile Series by Alexa Grace
- The Forgotten Girl by Jessica Sorensen <— Amnesia victim “Good Maddie goes to therapy, spends time with her family, and works on healing herself. Bad Maddie rebels and has dark thoughts of hurting people and sometimes even killing them.” *eeeeep!*
- With The Band (Luminescent Juliet, Book Three) by Jean Haus
- Wild Ways: The Justiss Alliance Series by Tina Wainscott
- Rider’s Kiss by Anne Rainey “Back in Summit Green to open a new branch of his auto repair service, Rider James barely recognizes the alluring brunette as the clumsy, introverted girl from high school. He always liked her, but back then she was too innocent to mess with. Now she’s all grown up…and turning him on.”
- Stupid Girl by Cindy Miles <— another bad boy messing with (falling for?) good girl, but I like those! 😉 “when his name is drawn to take part in his fraternity’s hazing dare, Brax eagerly accepts the mission to take Olivia’s virginity. But he doesn’t plan on falling hard for the sweet and sassy Texas girl who sees right through his bad-boy persona.” But the harmless “prack” wreaks havoc…
- Then Comes Marriage: A Loveswept Classic Romance by Bonnie Pega <— “Meeting the woman of his dreams—a radiant beauty with soulful blue eyes—while she’s carrying another man’s baby might be the definition of bad luck, but Zac stopped believing in picket fences and happy endings long ago.“
- Wild Thing: A Loveswept Classic Romance by Bonnie Pega
- Only You: A Loveswept Classic Romance by Bonnie Pega
- The Rebel and His Bride: A Loveswept Classic Romance by Bonnie Pega
- The Tree by Katherine Ford
- Inked Armor by Helena Hunting
- Long For Me: A Secrets & Shadows Story by Shiloh Walker
- Mai Tai for Two by Delphine Dryden
- No Distance Left to Run by L.A. Witt & Aleksandr Voinov <— M/M romance!!
- Perfect 10 by Erin McCarthy
- Popping the Question by Cheryl Anne Porter “Chris is everything Dianna wants, but he’s committed to another woman.”
- Desert Heat: A Novel by Elizabeth Reyes <— Oh I love this author!! 😀 “Bethany Amaya is working three jobs, worrying about her family back home, and running from her past. The worst thing that could complicate her life further would be a romance. But after a second-run in with the irresistibly sexy detective Damian Santiago, that’s exactly what she gets. In the blink of an eye, she’s caught up in a passionate romance with one of the most intense men she’s ever met.“
- Dungeon Games: A Masters and Mercenaries Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Lexi Blake
- As Is by Rachel Michael Arends <— “Gwendolyn Golden and Armand Leopold have been America’s go-to couple for home decorating tips, letting the cameras into their So Perfect house, their So Perfect life, their So Perfect marriage. One problem: it’s all an act. Actually, two problems: America just found out it’s all an act.“
- The Bad Boy Billionaire: What a Girl Wants by Maya Rodale
- The Best Medicine (A Bell Harbor Novel) by Tracy Brogan <— “…when intoxicated, law-breaking Tyler Connelly crashes into her life by way of a stolen Jet Ski, unruly emotions defy common sense. Sure, he’s sexy, charming, and determined to win Evelyn’s affection, but all evidence points to him being the worst possible choice. He’s too young for her. Too irresponsible. Too underemployed. And, oh yeah, he’s her patient.” Hehe. Sounds like fun to me!
- Blue Skies and Shining Promises: A Loveswept Contemporary Romance (Sedikhan) by Iris Johansen
PREORDERS (not next week’s but coming up over the next year that look so good!)
- Dirty Angels by Karina Halle <— JAVIER fans!!! Look what’s up for pre-order! – expected release date June 15th 2014 (here is the The Artists Trilogy Reading Order)
- Dirty Rowdy Thing (Wild Seasons) by Christina Lauren <— expected release date November 4th 2014
- After the Rain by Renee Carlino – expected release date November 11th 2014 <— Kandace just found out about this one saying: “I swear my heart squeezed from the synopsis. It sounds like a “feels” story.” Ohhhh yah. That sounds BIG!
For the AOP fans, Tethered by LD Davis is currently .99! It’s a book on Emmys best friend, and I heard it’s an angsty one!
Maryyyyyyse! I’m stuck in a freaking rut! And yep, I’m using my whiny voice here. I finished Tempt My Heart, and that makes *two* books in a row where I skimmed quite a bit and felt pretty indifferent by the time I finished each. Ugh, I don’t know if I am being too critical or if I’m just jaded. Or just being a bee with an itch. Or all three. Aw, hell…
Okay, I’m shooting for Loving Mr. Daniels or Perfectly Damaged (realllllly liked her Disastrous series). I’m leaning towards LMD – teacher-student forbidden stuff is sounding good right about now. 😉
Lindsay, that’s Donya, right? Ooooh, maybe I’ll start that one. I *loved* the AOP series. It’s a good one, right Maryse? Oh, that’s right…you haven’t read it yet! 😛 Alright, taking my cranky a** out of here now…
Amy, That would be the one, I snuck in the prologue during work and Luke is in it! That’s just the prologue! I didn’t even know this was related! Maryse needs to get on this AOP bandwagon. She’s missing out big time. 😉
Wait…What? What is AOP and why is my name being used? Is there a book with a character with my name!!?? OOOHHHH…I’m soooo buying that!!!
IT IS MY NAME!!! Oh I have found a new series!!! Thanks guys!
Donya, yay! The series is called Accidentally on purpose and you can get the trilogy for 2.99. This series will give you major anxiety but it is so worth it. Hope you love it!
Lindsay, I actually bought Tethered when it came out and knew it was related to AOP, but I never actually read it. It just moved up on my TBR list again though.
LOL @ Donya!! If you don’t like spoilers though and plan on reading the AOP series, read Accidentally on Purpose first (the first book in the AOP series). The other two AOP books won’t be spoiled by Tethered (I’m pretty sure?) but the first book would be spoiled as there is a love triangle in it. If not, have fun reading your namesake’s book! 🙂
P.S. – But I *do* recommend reading the AOP series, Donya. Lindsay’s right – anxiety, angst, the whole bit. *giggle*
Right out of reading “The Driven Trilogy” – shall we say “out of the pot and into the fire” – I’m such a glutton for punishment but I have to read it now!
The last Thorne series book by Mia Michelle is out!!! Been waiting a long time for this 1
OMG. I was gonna buy Scala today and also Very Wicked Things, but King has totally made me squirrel! Serious “Barron” feeling. I’m only on the first one but definite Hot!!!
Ooooh, I love tuesdays;) Maryse, I have just started The Afterlife saga again, and I cannot stop LOVING the Dravens:) Just saying..<3 I'm still looking for books in the same league. I thought of starting the Morning feever series by Karen Marie, When I'm done with the Afterlife books. And Darkhouse by Karina Halle. Have any of you enjoyed these books?:) I know I will get a big book-hangover when I'm done with the Dravens :-O
I am sooooooooooooooooo in a reading rut too! I have been reading to be done rather than not wanting my book to end. I want something AMAZING–can’t put it down–read it at every stop light–angsty–major, hot book boyfriend–fun–hilarious heroine–sexy–steamy–kind of read! Is that too hard? Any recommendations?
I feel the same way as you, Meg. That’s what I gave up and started my favorite book of all times;) Have you read the Afterlife saga? I LOVE love love looooooooove these books 🙂
YES, Meg, exactly!!
By the way, the Captive series by Erica Stevens is really, really good if you like PNR. Braith is just…well, he’s no Edward. 😉 I swear I fell for him more with each book. And! She is continuing the series but following other characters’ stories. 😀
Ohhhh yesssss Accidentally on Purpose… that’s the one with the guy that is so BAD… such a jerk that many didn’t know how he could possibly be redeemed, right?
Oh yah… what the heck is taking me so long to read that. That’s right up my alley! 😛
Donya… LOL!! I love that you caught your name in the comments like that! That was hilarious. 😀
Tessa!!! Keep me up to date with the Barrons-feels, ’cause I’m SO looking for another alpha that “I love to hate to love” again. That one is calling me…
Yep, Marit and Meg. I get you both. I definitely don’t continue reading after a certain point if I’m just not into it. Well… that’s not true… every once in awhile I push myself (if I think I might miss something big, or I’m just “missing” something altogether), but there are just so many books out there, and I read to have fun, so… you know. 😉
Gah Amy! I was so busy Book Bashing (the signing, not actually “book-bashing” <--- LOL!!!) that I haven't started any new books this week (and therefore didn't read "Tempt My Heart". The last one I read was...? Was Push? Oh no.... it was "Look After You" and then I went into full-work mode. Bummer that you didn't connect to it as much as I'd been told we would. *sigh* But I'm back home now, and ready to get into Mr. Daniels... let's see if this one "does it" for me. 😉 No work tonight for me!!! Just reading and chatting with u guys! 😀
Oh and Amy I just bought more nudes. *shakes head* (and yet I LOVE ’em). Mind you they both looked much pinker in the containers, but on me… nude. LOL!
Bite “Lip Contour” in nutmeg (and I love it ’cause it neutrals out my “spot pink” “La Laque Fever” gloss a little… which I love). I had a similar lipliner color from Mac called “Dervish”, and I love it but it doesn’t go on very well. The lighter colors I always have to dig into my lipline hard, to make ’em show up… but this new ones goes on nice!
And then I bought “Nails, inc. “Gel effect polish” in Mayfair lane thinking it would be pinker than it was… and well you guessed it. Nude. So nude it’s naked. 😉 I find this one a bit streaky, and a bit clunky. I have yet to find nail polish that I love as much as Illamasqua…
Yes!! Elizabeth Reyes came out with a new book!! I love her. It sounds so good!!!
Oh, and have you read Anna Banks’ series? Of Neptune (The Syrena Legacy #3) came out today. I’m so excited! I’ve waited like a year for this book to come out!
What the heck is taking you so long to read AOP, you ask? Maybe it’s all of those yummy new releases that keep coming out. 😉 You may have been doing the fun “Book Bashing” stuff, but I was busy doing my own book bashing in my head. *snicker* Not nice, I know…
You *really* need to get one of Urban Decay’s Naked palettes which have neutral eye shadows but also some color thrown in there as well – that will help brighten up all the nudes you keep getting, LOL! All three are beautiful, but my favorites are the Naked original and Naked2. Um, yeah…I have all three. They’re so pretty though! I was going to mention the new MAC Lustre lipstick I picked up in Fresh Brew (I’m in love!), but seeing as how it is a total and complete nude, well… 😛
Okay, Mr. Daniels it is tonight!! 😀
Oh! And check out Zoya’s Naturel collection. I bought all six (no comments, ‘kay??) when it came out, and OMG they are beautiful and some are nudish and others have color! The Zoya polishes tend to go on smoothly and build up nicely with 2 to 3 coats – I haven’t had any issues with it being “clunky.” 😉
I finished To Professor, With Love last night by Linda Kage and LOVED it. I’d recommend reading Price of a Kiss first as the main characters in this book are in TPWL and there is a scene where you won’t get the full effect if you haven’t read it first. Loooved both and the author writes in a way that makes me want to read every word. They truly are that good. Really look forward to next in Forbidden Men series.
Loving Mr. Daniels is a must read for anyone who loves teacher/student stories. It was so good! Just one part that was a little too much (it was just something that was so out of left field that it took me,out of the story for a minute), but for the most part it was perfect! Funny, interesting characters, lots of good and achy feelings, no cliffy, so all wrapped up. Read it!
Started Wicked Nights today. I promised myself at least a new release and a new and old TBR selection each week because I’ll never catch up the way my TBR keeps growing!!
I really liked the Company of Killers. Swan and the Jackal being my fav of them.
The Dravesn!! Afterlife and Captive are both fantastic PNR series. Have you read Fae Chronicles??? Yes I’m pushing this series AGAIN!! LOVE IT!
Just finished The Year We Fell and loved it! It’s sweet and funny and sometimes makes you cry. Not the ugly cry but the empathy kind of cry. It’s the kind of book that makes you want to be 18 again and in college with the characters so you could be their friend. Sorry, Maryse, no angst, but well written and it pulls you inside the story.
So far I’m saying “Loving Mr. Daniels” is the closest in “feel” and emotion, and connection and sweetness and touching-ness to “Slammed”. I don’t want to say a copy, ’cause it’s got it’s own things going on, but the feel and overall progression and pacing of the story? If I were to recommend a “What to Read After Slammed”? THIS!!! This one for sure.
And you know… sometimes a girl just wants to read another like Slammed, you know? I’m loving Mr. Daniels myself. 😉
I like Rebecka’s idea for tackling her TBR list. If you can stick to that then you have more willpower than me! Hell, I think everyone here has more willpower than me, even Maryse…or except maybe Maryse. *giggle* 😛
And Loving Mr. Daniels is looking good so far! *fingers crossed*
Maryse, right?!? I’m verrrrry happy right now climbing out of my rut. 😀 I so needed this one.
I read both of the KING books and I LOVED them. Dying and I do mean dying to read the next one!!!
Added heaps to my Goodreads, but I one-clicked Kings, Chosen, and the Captive boxed set (can’t resist 99c sales!!) I’m currently reading and loving Renee Carlino’s Nowhere But Here (so dreamy!!), so can’t wait for her pre-order in November!! And the Lust boxed set has some of my absolute favourites, and some authors I’ve been dying to check out. Thanks for your list!!
Just finished both of the King books out and definitely a Barron feel. Not as awesome as Fever, but really, really good.
Hey Maryse…you forgot to add to the pre-order for Unraveled by K. Bromberg. Goes live on Sunday if Amazon approves it she says. I got & read it before the Bend collection was pulled by Amazon. I know there’s lots of talk about it but damn, it’s HOT! Sooo not the Driven books. K nailed how so many of us married women feel, and then she makes you question how you can be turned on at the same time being uncomfortable by pushing you outside of your comfort zone. Like a train wreck you want to but don’t want to see. You know the outcome but it’s what gets you there that is wowzers. Definitely had me questioning myself and then hinting to the hubby afterwards…lol
I just finished Loving Mr. Daniels this morning and loved it. I agree with you, Maryse, it did remind me of Slammed (which I LOOOVE). And, I can’t believe you haven’t read POS–it’s awesome. I’ve been getting nagged to read Against the Cage, I think I’m going to start it this afternoon. It’s an ARC which usually aren’t as good. Fingers crossed. I’ve been reading some great books lately and I want to keep on with the awesomeness streak. Happy readying ladies (and gentlemen ?). : )
Oh good Lord …. I stumbled upon this website while looking for reviews of Megan Hart’s Deeper. I’ve been struggling trying to find something to read … No more though, looks like I’ll be busy reading for a while based on all the recommendations here. Gotta say thanks !
Hi guys! Been incognito for a couple days but I’m back! I feel like I am in the same rut as everyone else…..Just reading to finish and get them off my list. I think I will try the AOP series which I know I downloaded already. I did 1-click the Kings books…. They look good….. And a couple others…lol!!
And I really wanted Sweet Filthy Boy and Somebody Like You but those prices……gah!….. gonna have to hope they go on sale or eventually I will break down and buy them; )
Jean!! It looks like Loving Mr. Daniels is the go-to book around here right now – it pulled me out of my rut! Oh man, was I in a rut. And craaaanky about it. I’m curious to see what you think of the AOP series! 🙂
Kindra, keep coming around here and you’ll be a one-click addict in no time. 😉
I read all about your “crankiness” Amy……haha! Yeah I was thinking about Loving Mr Daniels but I just recently read Slammed and Undone so I need a change!
In that case, AOP will be perfect. At least, that’s what *I* think. 😉
OMG..I meant AOP not POS (Freudian slip). I meant, I really liked AOP series. It is definitely not a POS.
Lol Sue Amn!
*snort* I was wondering what the POS series was!
LOL. I want to reiterate…I loved AOP! I don’t want the author to think I didn’t love it or that I was being mean. What was on my mind? On a different note: began Against the CAge and holy cow…WOW. I’m on a good book frenzy.
Just finished the 3rd book in the Breath of Life series. Definitely had some angst. While there were editing problems and the writing was choppy, I stayed with it because of the storyline and wanting to know what happened in the “OR that night.” Paxton and Jack certainly take you on a roller coaster ride with their “wishy-washy” relationship, or lack of one. I admit I skimmed thru parts of the book and was yelling -just make up your damn minds. The big kicker is there is quite the twist at the end of book 3 that ends on a cliffhanger and there is a 4th book, due out flu/winter!!!
I still feel like I am in a book rut because I haven’t read a book lately that
was like what Meg said above- looking for something amazing, well-written, and that I can’t put down. Ugh!!!
**Snort**I meant Fall not flu!
Just finished Sweet Filthy Boy and it was AMAZING. I’m just so sad it’s over. I was in a major book slump for weeks, couldnt get swept away and this book did it for me. It’s just sooooooooo good! I can’t touch anything right now bcuz I’m mourning the end and I miss the characters already but after the space I will definitely read Loving Mr. Daniels next!
I rarely if ever post, but live by your suggestions. Loving Mr.Daniels I guess is next! (Or maybe Frenched). But…I just finished Monster in His Eyes and had to tell you about it since I haven’t seen you mention it! He’s in the mob (she doesn’t know it), twice her age (she’s 18), and hot as all get out! Second book comes out in the fall & I can’t wait!
All this praise for Accidentally on Purpose made me go and by the thing. I’m addicted. 🙂
Oh TESSA!!! Okay maybe I’ll make that one next. TONIGHT!!! YAY. Oh gosh if someone could remind me when I get home and start scrolling through my TBR list trying to choose a new one… that would be so helpful. LOL!
*snicker* All of you reading AOP are gonna get ovary punched!! *dancing around*
Um, that didn’t sound nearly as odd when it was just in my head. I’m probably too wound up to be hanging out here…I’m just gonna go burn off this caffeine…or something… *giggling and ducking out*
Then read Fae Chronicles or Fallen Crest! 😛 Both are insanely good.
Started reading AOP. So far not “feeling it.” I assume it gets better because of all the positive recs. Fingers crossed this gets me out of my book rut!!! 🙂
Switched from AOP to Eversea. I loved it!!! Just started book 2. THIS has gotten me out of my book rut!!!