Jen: I read The Silver Cage!!! It was absolutely amazing. Breathtaking and heartbreaking at the same time. The writing is exquisite, and the story is so real. So raw. It’s like nothing I’ve read before. I hope to hear your thoughts!
Lisa: The Silver Cage (I’m still all stabby about it – but it was so fantastic!!!!)
Happy NEW RELEASE DAY!!! 😀 A little over 50 new books today (including that one to the left) and I will be adding more throughout the day as I find them. AND!! This may be a smaller list (at least so far) BUT quite a few have given me blurb-jolts!
What looks extra exciting to me? That one up there to the left Consumed <— (J.R. WARD!! Enough said), Talkin’ Trash (Lani Lynn Vale’s latest! He’s a football star/biker & they can’t stand each other), NEVERLAND (Eeeeeeep!!! TOTAL BLURB JOLT!! Biggest one of the list… he’s got a creepy stalker obsession with her!!), Off the Map (they’re kidnapped and stranded in the jungle together), and Medicine Man (the recommendation that I received for this one gave the blurb jolt! Amal says: “This book was amazing. Sucked me in! Great level of taboo left me asking “uhm how!!!” Ladies, read it read it!“)
P.S. While you’re here, don’t forget to check out yesterday’s earlybirds, and a few fun posts:
- Monday Earlybird Book Releases <— Yesterday’s earlybirds!!!
- Book Review – No Tomorrow by Carian Cole <— SUPER-ANGSTY UNCONVENTIONAL LOVE STORY/ROCK STAR ROMANCE ALERT!! (some of us loved it and sobbed, some of us cringed and gasped. Some of us did ALL of that).
- Rachel Blaufeld’s “Hot For His Girl” is live & we’re talking street tacos!!! My. Favorite!!
LET’S READ!!!! !!!!
P.P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Blood Communion: A Tale of Prince Lestat by Anne Rice
- An Easy Death by Charlaine Harris
- Kill the Queen: Crown of Shards Series, Book 1 by Jennifer Estep
- Consumed: Firefighters Series, Book 1 by J.R. Ward
- Jock Row by Sara Ney
- Lock by Molly McAdams
- His Truth by Riley Hart <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Not Until You by Corrine Michaels
- Alaskan Holiday: A Novel by Debbie Macomber
- Playing with Monsters by Amelia Hutchins
- A Spark of Light: A Novel by Jodi Picoult
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order)
- Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren <— R LOVED it!
R: My favorite book for September was Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren. LOVED IT!
- Lock (Rebel Book 2) by Molly McAdams <— MOLLY McADAMS!!! Her latest was live a few days ago and I missed it, so it’s making THIS list. 😉 P.S. They must be read in order.
- Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty <— Tasha recommends this bargain find!
Tasha: Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty is on sale… I loved this one. You have to have patience to find out what happens at the barbecue, but I loved the build up and getting to know all the characters. And then after you know, it’s that much better.
- Medicine Man by Saffron A. Kent <— TABOO RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!!!
Amal: Just finished Medicine Man and thought to myself who do I tell this story to without them looking at me like I’m some crazy loon!?This book had touched on such an important yet suppressed topic about mental illnesses. I loved Willow and how she was 18 and acted 18 and there were many times that she was beyond her years. Loved loved Dr Blackwood and loved him more for suffering his own demons. This book was amazing. Sucked me in! Great level of taboo left me asking “uhm how!!!” Ladies, read it read it!
PARANORMAL/FANTASY/SCI-FI/DYSTOPIAN NEW RELEASES
- An Easy Death (Gunnie Rose Book 1) by Charlaine Harris <— CHARLAINE HARRIS ALERT!! “...Set in a fractured United States, in the southwestern country now known as Texoma. A world where magic is acknowledged but mistrusted, especially by a young gunslinger named Lizbeth Rose. Battered by a run across the border to Mexico Lizbeth Rose takes a job offer from a pair of Russian wizards to be their local guide and gunnie…”
- Dead of Night (Cold Case Psychic Book 8) by Pandora Pine <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- The King’s Obsession (The Companion series Book 4) by Tanya Bird
- Blood Communion: A Tale of Prince Lestat by Anne Rice <— ANNE RICE ALERT!!!!
- Kill the Queen (A Crown of Shards Novel) by Jennifer Estep <— JENNIFER ESTEP ALERT!! “...a royal woman becomes a skilled warrior to destroy her murderous cousin, avenge her family, and save her kingdom in this first entry in a dazzling fantasy epic…”
- Unchained: Blood Bond: Parts 1, 2 & 3 (Volume 1) (Blood Bond Saga) by Helen Hardt
- Blood Bond: 3 (Blood Bond Saga) by Helen Hardt <— VAMPIRES ALERT!! “…Vampires are rapidly dying out, and humans have long considered them nothing more than a myth. How can he make her understand?”
- Blood Bond: 4 (Blood Bond Saga) by Helen Hardt
- Blood Bond: 5 (Blood Bond Saga) by Helen Hardt
- Runes of Black Magic: A Reverse Harem Urban Fantasy (A Demon’s Fall series Book 3) by G. Bailey
- Abandoning Anarchy: A Time Travel Romance (The Lost in Time Duet Book 2) by Kamery Solomon
- The Darkness We Crave (Together We Fall Book 1) by Katie May
- Dark Moon Rising (Half Fae Hunter Book 1) by J.C. Diem
- Sin’s Gift (Veiled Alliance Book 1) by Delilah Devlin
- Bad Wolf (A Breed MC Book Book 5) by Anne Marsh <— BIKER WEREWOLF ALERT!! “…after I kidnap a midwife, being good gets harder than ever. I need said midwife to nurse my Alpha’s mate through a difficult pregnancy. Kidnapping Rain was supposed to be my good deed for the day and a sure-fire way to make up for the mistakes I’ve made with my pack, but now my arms are full of sexy, smart woman and I’m totally up for a change in plans. I want this woman…”
- Prince of Dreams (House of Terriot Book 4) by Nancy Gideon
- Eve of the Fae (Modern Fae Book 1) by E. Menozzi
- SNIPER WANTED: 1 : The Wanted Series by Justine Winter
- The Dark Awakening (The Chosen Coven Book 1) by D.L. Blade
CONTEMPORARY NEW RELEASES
- Consumed (Firefighters series Book 1) by J.R. Ward <— J.R. WARD ALERT!! SHE USED TO BE A FIREFIGHTER BUT HAD to LEAVE IT BEHIND… “Anne Ashburn is a woman consumed… By her bitter family legacy, by her scorched career as a firefighter, by her obsession with department bad-boy Danny McGuire, and by a new case that pits her against a fiery killer...”
- Forever Now (The Barrington Billionaires Book 6) by Ruth Cardello
- Hot SEAL, Red Wine (SEALs in Paradise) by Becca Jameson
- The Reluctant Warrior (High Sierra Sweethearts Book #2) by Mary Connealy
- His Accidental Baby (Wedded to the Sheikh Book 2) by Holly Rayner
- Bought by the SEAL (Hot Caribbean Nights Book 3) by Zoe York
- Indulge With Me (With Me In Seattle Book 10) by Kristen Proby <— KRISTEN PROBY FESTIVITIES ALERT!! “The beloved Montgomery Family, from New York Times Bestselling author Kristen Proby’s With Me In Seattle series, is big, and it just keeps growing! There are parties and celebrations taking place at every turn, and we are delighted to invite you to all of the festivities!”
- Lead Security (Rouge Security & Investigation Book 3) by Evan Grace
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor
- The Dream Daughter by Diane Chamberlain
- The Love That Saved Him by Sophie Barnes
- A Spark of Light: A Novel by Jodi Picoult <—JODI PICOULT ALERT!!! A GUNMEN TAKES THEM HOSTAGE… “After rushing to the scene, Hugh McElroy, a police hostage negotiator, sets up a perimeter and begins making a plan to communicate with the gunman. As his phone vibrates with incoming text messages he glances at it and, to his horror, finds out that his fifteen-year-old daughter, Wren, is inside the clinic. But Wren is not alone. She will share the next and tensest few hours of her young life with a cast of unforgettable characters: A nurse who calms her own panic in order to save the life of a wounded woman. A doctor who does his work not in spite of his faith but because of it, and who will find that faith tested as never before. A pro-life protester, disguised as a patient, who now stands in the crosshairs of the same rage she herself has felt. A young woman who has come to terminate her pregnancy. And the disturbed individual himself, vowing to be heard…”
- The Rogue Who Rescued Her (The Brethren Book 3) by Christi Caldwell <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE ALERT!! “Martha Donaldson went from being a nobleman’s wife, and respected young mother, to the scandal of her village. After learning the dark lie perpetuated against her by her ‘husband’, she knows better than to ever trust a man. Her children are her life and she’ll protect them at all costs. When a stranger arrives seeking the post of stable master, everything says to turn him out. So why does she let him stay?”
- The Brides United (Civil War Brides Book 9) by Piper Davenport <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE ALERT!! “…Headstrong and independent Gabrielle Butler is determined to oppose her overprotective father and contact her cousin in the War Office. She has sensitive information that could change the course of the combat that is tearing the country apart. Caught up in her mission, she is unprepared for the effect a mysterious and dashing stranger has on her heart. In the midst of the War Between the States, a group of friends make a bold decision to stop the death of one of the greatest men in history...”
- Shelter of the Most High (Cities of Refuge Book #2) by Connilyn Cossette <— HISTORICAL
- The Duke of a Thousand Desires (The Boscastle Series Book 15) by Jillian Hunter <— HISTORICAL
- Fated Love: The Titans of the Revolution, Book One (A Caversham Chronicles Novel) by Sandy Raven <— HISTORICAL
- Ashes and Ecstasy by Catherine Hart <— HISTORICAL
- The Christmas Heirloom: Four Holiday Novellas of Love through the Generations
- Talkin’ Trash (The Bear Bottom Guardians MC Book 2) by Lani Lynn Vale <— LANI LYNN VALE ALERT!! BIKER & FOOTBALL STAR & SHE’S NOT INTO ANY OF THAT… “…every time Conleigh’s name is mentioned, he squirms. She’s everything that he wants, wrapped up in a cute little package that is stamped ‘hands freakin’ off.’ She’s four years younger than him, in school to be a doctor, and thinks football is stupid. Even more, Linc and Conleigh get along like oil and water. There’s not a single second that they’re in each other’s presence that they’re not at each other’s throats. But all it takes is hearing that she’s in trouble for Linc to drop every single thing—football and MC duties alike—and head to her side…”
- Where You Go (The Rambler Battalion Series Book 1) by Claire Cain
- Another Day in Winter: NEW from the No1 Bestselling Author. A perfect winter treat! (A Winter Day Book) by Shari Low
- If the Shoe Fits by Rachel Lacey
- Flow (Men of Inked: Southside Book 2) by Chelle Bliss <— THEIR FAMILIES ARE MORTAL ENEMIES… “...Our fathers were mortal enemies—Chicago crime bosses from rival families. But that didn’t stop Leo Conti from pursuing me. Being together was dangerous, reckless, and totally hot…”
- Just This Once (The Wedding Date) by Mira Lyn Kelly
- Secret Date (The House of Morgan Book 8) by Victoria Pinder
- Ritt (The 13 Book 2) by Anne L. Parks
- NEVERLAND by Melissa Jane <— GASP!!!!! TWISTED OBSESSION ALERT!! “…He remembered her well. She was the one everyone talked about. The poor girl down the street born into a family of monsters. The one he’d obsessed over, taunted and harassed. The very same girl who’d one day suddenly disappeared. Accepting his hand, he lifted her off the dirty, vile street and whispered a promise, “No good deed comes without payment,” and from that day on, she was destined to pay the ultimate price. Seeing her for the first time since she’d vanished all those years ago, had only made him realize his obsession never truly ended…”
- Lady Luck’s Cowboy: A Contemporary Western Romance by Gina Cole
- Couldn’t Ask for More (The Southern Gentlemen) by Kianna Alexander
- Alaskan Holiday: A Novel by Debbie Macomber
- Off the Map by Sierra Dean <— STRANDED IN THE JUNGLE ALERT!!! “…Diego Morales is in Colombia doing research for his next book. The mild-mannered professor was expecting dusty books and boring lecture halls, not a beautiful woman sweeping him onto the dance floor and planting a kiss on him before being chased out of the building by armed guards. Harper and Diego find themselves neck-deep in trouble when they’re kidnapped by the drug kingpin, but things go from bad to worse when they both go overboard and end up lost in the middle of the Colombian jungle…”
- Death Is Not Enough (The Baltimore Series) by Karen Rose
- Lovefool by Ian Lewis <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- The Messenger by Adrianna Dane <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Tiny Pieces by Stephanie Henry
- Torment (Book Two of The Twisted Novel Duet 2) by Emily Rose
- Fighting for Chloe by Eva Jones and Harper Phoenix
- America’s Sweetheart: A Novel by Jessica Lemmon <— FAMOUS ACTRESS GOES BACK TO HER HOMETOWN… “When I left for California, I gave myself a new name and never looked back. Now my carefully crafted good-girl image is getting torn to shreds in the press thanks to my Oscar-winning A-hole of an ex-boyfriend. So I escape to the only safe haven I know and trust—my hometown—to take a breather while I plot my triumphant Hollywood comeback. However, when I arrive at my parents’ house, Jackson Burke answers the door instead. And suddenly the past comes rushing back. . . .”
- The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee <— TASHA IS EXCITED ABOUT THIS ONE!!! “…Felicity Montague has returned to England with two goals in mind—avoid the marriage proposal of a lovestruck suitor from Edinburgh and enroll in medical school. However, her intellect and passion will never be enough in the eyes of the administrators, who see men as the sole guardians of science. But then a window of opportunity opens—a doctor she idolizes is marrying an old friend of hers in Germany. Felicity believes if she could meet this man he could change her future...”
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! )
- Bluebird by Ann Penny – October 3rd 2018
- Dragon Night: A Dark Kings Novella by Donna Grant – October 9th 2018
- Wild (Heaven Hill Generations Book 2) by Laramie Briscoe – October 5th 2018
- Once Upon A Wild Fling by Lauren Blakely – October 8th 2018
- The Forbidden Door: A Jane Hawk Novel by Dean Koontz – October 9th 2018
- This Love (Cowboys and Angels Book 6) by Kelly Elliott – October 9th 2018
- Welcome to Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand – October 9th 2018
- Fight or Flight by Samantha Young – October 9th 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).