But that’s because we love the drama of the wondering… of the “OH NO HE DIDN’T” moments, of the cocky bad-boy moments, the romantic indifference, the seemingly unrequited love, and then… the sweeeeet relief when the love finally allllll comes together. YES!!!
But make it hurt first, right? And a maybe a little after… too.
So Viki asks:
Hi there! …I am in need of a great book about an a$$hole guy who love a girl but treats her bad because he doesnt know how to handle his feelings for her. But I like happy endings lol
Suggestions anyone? Let her know in the comments!
Of course I have a TON, since this genre appears to my preferred read, so I’ll start it off with a few of the obvious ones that have been suggested time and time again, ’cause they are exactly this! Viki, if you haven’t read these, you MUST! And while not all of them are our “typical alpha-males”, they fit quite well in the jerk/emotional mess department.
P.S. You really can’t go wrong with a Kristen Ashley book if you’re looking for this kind of guy. Her alpha-males fluctuate from soooooo sweet to infuriating. Alpha-jerks. 😉
- Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James <— my review <— Right off the bat, this is the most obvious one… ’cause yeah… he really has no idea how to handle his feelings. Total jerk-fun here! 😉
- Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley <— my review
- Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley <— my review
- Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley <— my review
- Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan <— my review (and Kim agrees with this one saying: “Deuce from Undeniable…the a$$hole I love to hate!!” <— Tee hee!!!! and Claire too: “I freakin’ love to hate Deuce.”
- Unbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan <— my review
- Night Owl by M. Pierce <— my review
- Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward <— my review
- Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning <— my review
- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire <— my review <— mind you, I personally think Travis treats her pretty great from the start, but he sure messes up BIG time… over and over again ’cause he doesn’t know how to handle… his feelings. 😉
- Surviving Raine by Shay Savage <— my review
- Changing Course by Aly Martinez <— my review (a little more subdued in the “jerkiness” but he’s still a big ‘ol mess).
- The Plan by Qwen Salsbury <— my review (Total jerk!!! Good times!)
- Come to Me Quietly by A.L. Jackson <— my review – perfect for this list!
- Room 212 by Kate Stewart <— my review
- Captive in the Dark by CJ Roberts <— my review – SUPER-DARK read but if you like that, this book is perfect for this list!!
- ???? Okay now your turn! 😀
- Amy Queau – The Progress Series Reading Order <— recommended by “See”. She says: “He’s a total jerk. You have to read it though to see why. I love this series.” and Jesse agrees: “Jesse from the Progress series by Amy Queau”
- Karina Halle – Experiment in Terror Series Reading Order <— Erin reminds me that Dex is perfect for this list! “What about Dex?” and I said… “Yeah I was contemplating Dex… did he treat her badl..??? Ohhhh yes. Yes. Yes he did. I need to put Dex.” 😀
- Reaper’s Property by Joanna Wylde <— (my review) Erin also suggests this one! “Horse from Reaper’s Property FOR SURE!” AGREED!!!
- Because You’re Mine (Capitol Theatre Book 2) by Lisa Kleypas <— Bev suggests it! “So I’m a total Lisa Kleypas fan girl and so have to mention Because You’re Mine.”
- Beautifully Awake by Riley Mackenzie <— Robin recommends this one. “Chase Colton has more than his share of OH NO HE DIDN’T moments! Takes the classic tormented alpha to a new level! Lol!” That. Sounds. PERFECT!!!
- Call Me Irresistible: A Novel (Wynette, Texas Book 6) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips <— And Spandana introduces us to this one!! New to me!!! “I totally agree. We are well versed in book-jerks. But the biggest alpha jerk of all time is Ted in Call me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. You HAVE to read it, Maryse. The chemistry is just explosive.” I love explosive!!!!!
- Risen Glory by Susan Elizabeth Phillips <— Melanie suggests these: “Risen Glory and Kiss an angel by susan elizabeth phillips”
- Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips <— and here’s the other one!
- Jag (Pandemic Sorrow Book 1) by Stevie J. Cole <— Bree suggests this one! “Just finished ‘Jag’ by Stevie J Cole..his an arse and a rocker!! Best book I’ve read in a while”
- Locke (Corps Security Book 6) by Harper Sloan <— and this one’s Courtney’s! “Locke from Corps Security #5!”
- Rule: A Marked Men Novel by Jay Crownover <— Michelle has a few recommendations (Rule, until november, bully! Stepbrother dearest) Yep! I read this one and have to agree! (my review)
- Until November (Until series Book 1) by Aurora Rose Reynolds
- Bully: The Fall Away Series by Penelope Douglas (and here’s my review)
- Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward