<— This blurb tickled my “unconventional love story” fancy, so I’m thinking… maybe this one verrrrry soon for me. Right now I’m in Book Bash-mode (only a few weeks left to go and I’m in that “final stages” rush), so my reading has taken a slight hit. But!! It’s all in the name of our love-of-books, so I’m good with that.
Still though, I’m hoping to take the weekend off, and finally indulge in… either of these two from my TBR list (I’m gonna try to stick with it this week ): Maybe the “Addicted Series“ <— I hear it’s angsty, tumultuous and addictive in every way. Or…. The Year We Fell Down ’cause it sounds sweet and uplifting but with that pining/unrequited love angle that I’m craving. Or… “Frenched” ’cause I keep meaning to read this. I’ve been told it’s not too… “anything-crazy”, but just has that awesome romance feel.
Mind you, there are a few below that have the potential to make me *squirrel*. Like the escort *sideeyes him up there* or… the one said to have a “BDB-feel”. <— Eeeeep!!! I noted a bunch more below (great-sounding finds and brand-new releases alike) that are making me nod and my one-click finger itchy, like… many military “bad boy” heroes that don’t intend on falling, a live-in nanny living with her charge’s “jerk” of a father (she calls him anti-christ <– heh!), a girl in love with a drug-dealer bf, a girl that falls for a good guy, but soon discovers he’s actually… bad…. oh! And a man, grieving his brother and caring for his brother’s pregnant wife. Yep. *nods*. It feels like a good list.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- At Your Beck & Call by Jane Harvey-Berrick <— JUST RELEASED!!! A popular author amongst our crew has a new book for us! Annnnnnnddd….. he’s an escort!
- Drawn 2 – Redemption (Damien) by Lilliana Anderson <— JUST RELEASED!! hrmmmm… interesting premise on this. WE get to choose the guy of her final choice in this love-triangle.
- Love, Chocolate, and Beer (Cactus Creek) by Violet Duke <— Nancy found us this one! Lots of great reviews, and this one’s blurb seems to have that “fun” romance feel.
- Breaking Alexandria by K.A. Robinson <— Kat found us this one! Caught between a drug-dealer bad boy and a good-boy farm boy… “Soon, she finds herself caught between two very different men, and the struggles within her heart just might end up breaking Alexandria.”
- Fire Inside: A Chaos Novel by Kristen Ashley <— and Stephanie found out that another from the queen of bad-boys (Kristen Ashley) is on sale today!
- Beloved (The Belonging Series) by Corinne Michaels <— NEW RELEASE! She doesn’t believe she can be loved until she meets a “sexy former Navy SEAL”… (thanks for pointing it out, Kandace!!)
- Otherwise Alone (Evan Arden) by Shay Savage <— prequel to one of my fav series is on sale! Thanks Sally! Here’s my review.
- The Devil’s Contract (Contracts & Deceptions) by Claire Contreras <— Jules loved this recent release, saying: “Loved The Devil’s Contract! It was suspenseful, steamy and riveting. Kept me guessing until the very end. Big cliffhanger. Can’t wait to read the sequel!”
- A Life Less Broken by Margaret McHeyzer <— Nancy found us this one! “On a day like any other, Allyn Sommers went off to work, not knowing that her life was about to be irrevocably and horrifically altered. Three years later, Allyn is still a prisoner in her own home held captive by harrowing fear. Broken and damaged, Allyn seeks help from someone that fate brought her.” Rachel says: “It’s an amazing book!!! … It starts out as a dark read but turns into so much more. I loved it.” and Tracie says: “It was pretty good.”
- Blurred Lines by Jennifer K. Brand <— JUST RELEASED!! Has an intriguing blurb-jolty blurb. “I wanted to know him, claim him the same way he had claimed me. But you can’t claim that which doesn’t exist. A mirage. A man who showed me one face while showing the world another. A complicated man. A dangerous man. Now I’m caught up in his world. Trapped under all that is dark and dangerous. From hearts and flowers to guns and knives. I want out. But I fear it’s too late.” Thanks for pointing it out, Annie!
- Whispering Wishes by Jennifer Miller <— JUST RELEASED! This one looks cute! At the urging of her bff, she sends her “wishes out into the universe” but… her wishes backfire on her —> “She gets fired. Her car breaks down. She gets kicked out of her house. And of course there is the crap icing on the cake of doom, falling for flirtatious and sexy, Wes, who sees her as nothing more than his “little sis”. It might not be so bad if his house weren’t the only place she had to go.“
- The Bastard (Baddest Boys in History) by Inez Kelly <— Oh THIS paranormal looks right up our alley!!! “Real men. No vampires, no werewolves, no magic. Just down and dirty raw power —sin to sin, evil to evil, bad to bad. They fight for humanity. It was that or eternal damnation. They agreed to risk their souls. No one told them they would lose their hearts.” and Tess HIGHLY recommends them saying something that made my eyes pop right out of my head in excitement. She said: “OMG! Maryse you have to check out The Bastard by Inez Kelley. Absolutely amazing, couldn’t put it down. Has a definite BDB feel….” <— Did she say what I think she said?
- Come to Me Quietly: The Closer to You Series by A.L. Jackson <—- I read and really enjoyed this one a few months ago, and Kat found out it’s on sale right now! (here’s my review)
- Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park <— one of my original FAVORITES is only $2 right now!! (check out my review)
- The Intern: Vol. 1 by Brooke Cumberland <— Tabby recommends it: “Maryse this is a must read!!!” “He’s the boss. She’s the intern. Nothing can happen. It’s against the company rules. Then again, rules were made to be broken.”
- Finding Home (Home Series) by Ann Vaughn <— okay of course, the cover got me, but then… two more things did. The fact that he’s a former army ranger, and the GREAT number of amazing reviews this one has. The blurb didn’t jolt me so much (more like an angsty “bad past” sweet sounding story) but lightly skimming the reviews, this one sounds like it “plays out” awesomely.
- Etched in Sand by Regina Calcaterra <— A TON of great reviews for this one! “Regina and her four siblings survived an abusive and painful childhood only to find themselves faced with the challenges of the foster-care system and intermittent homelessness in the shadows of Manhattan and the Hamptons.A true-life rags-to-riches story, Etched in Sand chronicles Regina’s rising above her past, while fighting to keep her brother and three sisters together through it all.“
- Inflame (Explosive, #3) by Tessa Teevan <— recent release!! Looks good. Two best friends (he’s in the military, she’s a schoolteacher) have a “friends with benefits” arrangement… but then… feeeeeelings start to change things. Lots of great reviews on this one (and this series, even!)
- Sweet Temptation (Men Of Honor #2) by K.C. Lynn <— another good looking recent release from a “military hero” series with bad boy that suddenly finds himself falling for someone. Lots of great reviews. Author says can be read as stanadlones but best read in order, so here’s book #1. I skimmed VERY LIGHTLY the one lowest review, (just the first line) it actually made me wanna read it. LOL!
- Fighting Temptation (Men Of Honor) by K.C. Lynn <— here’s #1! Great reviews, too.
- Frenched by Melanie Harlow <— Tons of recommendation for it have come my way, and it’s one at the top of my TBR list.
- Overexposed by Noelle Adams <— JUST RELEASED
- Autumn and Summer by Danielle Allen <— JUST RELEASED!! “Best friends since elementary school, Autumn and Summer kick off the summer by embarking on a dating experiment. Unfortunately, expecting the unexpected doesn’t prepare them for what the dating world has in store.”
- The Seduction by Roxy Sloan <— JUST RELEASED!! Oh myyyyyy!! That blurb made me go OH NO HE DIDN’T!!! I can’t even… *blush* Wha… Bu…. *harumph* Heh. It’s the first part of a “serial” so it’s a bit short.
- Hold Me Closer: A Rebel Walking Novel by Hilary Storm <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Live In Position by Sadie Grubor <— JUST RELEASED. She’s a nanny… “When Sophia steps into the Bishop home to care for emotionally neglected Victoria, she’s positive Dr. Collin Bishop, aka The Anti-Christ, despises her. The intensity of his glare is unsettling and frustrating.” <— this sounds like it could be fun, if his “meanie-ness” really plays out.
- His Billion Dollar Baby (Entangled Indulgence) by Lea Nolan <— RECENT RELEASE and he finds himself having to care for his deceased brother’s pregnant wife…
- Devil’s Game (Reapers Motorcycle Club) by Joanna Wylde <— expected release date June 3rd 2014 <— EEEEEP!!! “Em has lived her entire life in the shadow of the Reapers. Her overprotective father, Picnic, is the club’s president. The last time she had a boyfriend, Picnic shot him. Now the men in her life are far more interested in keeping her daddy happy than showing her a good time. Then she meets a handsome stranger—a man who isn’t afraid to treat her like a real woman. One who isn’t afraid of her father. His name is Liam, and he’s The One. Or so she thinks.” (here is the Reapers Motorcycle Club Series Reading Order)
- Fall From India Place by Samantha Young <— YAY! Here’s the On Dublin Street Series Reading Order
- Twisted Together (Monsters in the Dark) by Pepper Winters <— expected release date June 3rd 2014 (DARK READ!!) Here’s the Monsters in the Dark Series Reading Order
- There’s Wild, Then There’s You (A Wild Ones Novel) by M. Leighton <— expected release date June 3rd 2014 (here’s the The Wild Ones Series Reading Order)
- Heated: A Most Wanted Novel by J. Kenner <— expected release date June 3rd 2014
- Shield of Winter (A Psy/Changeling Novel) by Nalini Singh <— expected release date June 3rd 2014 (here’s the THE PSY-CHANGELING SERIES Reading Order)
- Tempt Me Eternally by Gena Showalter <— expected release date June 2nd 2014