Here are today’s latest book releases (and awesome-sounding bargain finds) and I’m stuck. I have no clue which book to start next. I mean, no… I have a clue. TOO many clues. Last week I chose my reads strictly out of the brand new releases (three intrigued the heck out of me) instead of using my trust-y TBR List, and in those, I found two that I absolutely loved —> The Plan and Transcendence. So all in all, a great reading week for me.
This week, I have a few new releases that I want to jump on right away, but there’s that bargain series that is suddenly calling to me, too.
So here are my standouts for this week, and the ones I will likely be choosing from: Scarred Love (she’s saved by a guy running that hears her screams), Escaping Destiny #3 <—- OH THIS ONE!!! But I have to start with book #1, and now that I’m hearing rumblings of that Mac & Barrons feel (with an emphasis on Barrons), I’m extra excited. And you guys know how much I love it when I can barely stand the “love interest” due to his infuriating alpha-jerk ways. YAY ME!!! I’m really thinking this series is next for me (and it’s been on my main TBR list (TOP 17 TBR) for at least a year now. With the release of the latest book, I think it’s time to start this series (here’s the series reading order –> The Fae Chronicles Series)
But then… there’s this one: Unravel (I hear has a dark feel and an absolutely amazing read) and Before You Break (I absolutely loved this author’s book #1 in this series, and this one sounds like it’s my kind of angsty, too!). Plus, there are military men down there, and well… men in uniform and all that. *sigh* What is a girl to do? Any help?
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken <— Tear jerker alert!! PLUS, book #2 and #2.5 are on pre-order, too!! Thanks Jami!! (check out my review of this one).
- Toxic (The Ruin Series Book 2) by Rachel Van Dyken <— pre-order link! (release date will be soon! March 4th)
- Fearless (Ruin Series 2.5) by Rachel Van Dyken <— pre-order link! (release date will be soon! March 9th!!)
- Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles) by Amelia Hutchins <— book #1 and due to the release of book #3 today, I will be starting this series this week. I’m SO excited!!!
- Scarred Beautiful by Beth Michele <— Jen recommends this one: “I loved Scarred Beautiful by Beth Michele. It’s a great emotional book filled with heartbreak,love,and second chances.”
- Twice Begun by Reina Lisa Menasche <— Lea found us this one! “This one dropped down, and given the possible doctor/patient fraternization issues, sounds like a promising read.” Yep… I always like the love stories that are trouble!
- Nine Volt Heart by Annie Pearson <— Lea found us this one, too! “This rock star meets classical musician story sounds different and so good! ”
- Scarred Love (Sulfur Heights Series) by M.S. Brannon <— Aimee found us this one! “all three books in the series – Sulfur Heights Series by M.S. Brannon — appears to have really good ratings and right up our alley — has anyone read these?” It looks so good! He saved her from her abusive step-father one night when he heard her screaming, as he was running past her house and… “Three years later, Darcie is healing and always protected by the man who saved her, but now she’s fighting with something she isn’t prepared to face. The growing love for the man who saved her life three years ago, the same man who’s nine years older. “<— ooooooooh!!! MINE! I’m skipping the synopsis of #2 & #3 so I don’t spoil the series for myself, but I am so one-clicking them all!
- Tragic Love (Sulfur Heights #2) by M.S. Brannon <— book #2
- Blind Love (Sulfur Heights Series #3) by M.S. Brannon <— book #3
- To Love A Shifter: A Paranormal Romance Boxed Set (6 Book Bundle) by Marian Tee <— Aimee found us this bundled super-sale saying: “6 in 1 books…I enjoy Marian Tee books and grabbing it for two of the 6 I have had on my wish list”
- Annihilate Me: Omnibus (Complete Vols. 1-4, Annihilate Me Series) by Christina Ross <— Stephanie found us this billionaire CEO bargain priced bundle!
- Escaping Destiny (The Fae Chronicles) by Amelia Hutchins <— book #3 and I can’t WAIT to start this series. I keep hearing the relationship dynamic is like that of —> “Barrons/Mac” and Kat & Bones. OH YES FOR ME!!!!!!
- Vampire Most Wanted: An Argeneau Novel (Argeneau Vampire) by Lyndsay Sands
- Demon by My Side by Victoria Davies
- Altered [Part one of three] by Lara Leighton <— zombies
- The Last Viking by <— “He wore nothing but a leather tunic, spoke in an ancient tongue . . . and he was standing in Professor Meredith Foster’s living room. The medieval historian told herself he was part of a practical joke, but with his wide gold belt, callused hands, and the rabbit roasting in her fireplace, the brawny stranger seemed so . . . authentic.” <— Okay this one is a re-release (thanks Tessa!! )
- Reflected (Silver Series) by Rhiannon Held
- Eternal Curse by Toi Thomas
- Before His Eyes (Guys and Godmothers) by Candice Gilmer <— okay I put it here ’cause of the “fairy godmother” aspect “Photographer Bruce Matthews has finally found someone who really, really gets him. He and Greta like the same things, laugh at the same jokes. There’s just one thing—he’s never actually seen her face to face. Her social media profile bears no picture.”
- Unravel by Calia Reed <— this one sounds right up our alley my friends!! “And now…everyone thinks I’m insane. But, I know he’s real, and I know he needs me.“ I’m thinking I want to do this one next or at least ASAP… and I just received this recommendation in my email: “This is seriously good – It’s hard to review because of the spoiler aspect. But it starts with a girl in a mental hospital with no idea why she’s there. Two hot guys that love her and a whole sequence of mind blowing… what?? and then WHAT!!! I think you will love it!”
- Incinerate (Explosive) by Tessa Teevan <— MILITARY MEN ALERT!! Jillian says: “Tessa Teevan’s Incinerate is out! Military men at its best. This is the second book in the Explosive series but can be read as a standalone.“ And… Oh hey, look Sherry!! We’ve seen this model before. CUTE! Plus, this is book #2 after this popular one amongst are group: Ignite (Explosive)
- Sizzle (The MacKenzie Family) by Liliana Hart <— The next installment of the bestselling MacKenzie Series…
- Consequences of Deception by Ella Fox <— Jean is reading it as we speak: “Maryse, I just started Consequences of Deception by Ella Fox last night! OMG…I am only at 40% but I think it is right up your alley…. They loved each other when they were young and suddenly he HATES HER! And I mean HATE….then he buys her! Ugh! Not sure where it’s going yet, but wanted to recommend it to you!”
- Before You Break by Christina Lee <— I LOVED book #1 in this series (although I believe this new book focuses on another couple). “Ella has suffered enough heartache and guilt to fill one of her psychology textbooks, but she keeps that part of herself hidden behind a bubbly exterior. Until she receives an anonymous call while working a suicide helpline and the voice on the other end touches something inside of her that she can’t ignore.” Check out my review of #1: “All of You“
- Fix You by Carrie Elks <— I dunno why but for some reason, this book (title and by this author) is saying something to me… like I’ve heard of it before, way back when. I thought maybe it was a re-release (new publisher?), but I’m not seeing any reference to that. Either way… it sounds right up our angsty alley! “Fix You follows the story of quirky, music-loving Hanna and handsome, driven Richard as they fall in love and are torn apart. Their tempestuous relationship leads to an explosive revelation that threatens to destroy them both.“
- Worth the Chance (book #2) by Vi Keeland <— MMA FIGHTER! (Here is my review of book #1: Worth The Fight)
- Past Imperfect by Alison G. Bailey <— book #2! I read #1 (here is my review of: Present Perfect)
- Lie Next To Me (A Millionaire’s Love) by Sandi Lynn <— so far quite a few great reviews, and the synopsis is intriguing: “My name is Rory Sinclair, and the night I was violently attacked was the night that changed my life forever. One man, a man named Ian Braxton, made it his mission to heal me, to save me, and to show me a world that previously had been only a dream to me. Ian Braxton is far from perfect. He’s a self-absorbed, demeaning, arrogant, and womanizing millionaire. He makes it so easy to hate him, but so very hard to resist him.“
- Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor) by Jill Shalvis
- Dungeon Royale (Masters and Mercenaries) by Lexi Blake
- The Darkest Joy by Marata Eros <— “Deep-sea fisherman Chance Taylor can’t imagine what his life would be if he’d never taken that midnight stroll to the pier. Had never seen the intriguing, raven-haired girl swan dive into the Alaskan sea. Had never plunged into the icy waters to rescue her . . . and finally felt her electric charge.“
- The Lonely Girl by Gracie Wilson
- A Real Disaster by Molly Ryan <— This one sounds like your more usual NA (new adult) romance book. Good girl in college meets bad boy musician with secrets. Of course that title caught my eye, and that cover, and it’s a brand new release.
- Reckless Mind by Heather Wiginton <— another brand new release with a title and cover that caught my eye. Has a “dark” look to it. Not sure though, by the synopsis?
- SALVAGE HER HEART by Shelly Pratt <— ooooh! In an abusive marriage and then she meets someone else… “He’s the kind of man that might be able to give her a second chance, but Evie wonders at what cost to both of them will she be free of her husband’s clutches.“
- No Such Thing by A.M. Arthur <— M/M romance!
- Tricks (Take It Off) by Cambria Hebert
- On The Rocks (The Last Call Series) by Sawyer Bennett <— “He left to travel the world for fame and glory, but only after spurning Gabby Ward and crushing her young heart.” (and then when he comes back, they end up having to work together… *eeep*). Sounds like it could be fun!
- Organized Chaos by Ava Catori
- Love & Other Profanities by J.S. Bernhardt <— Falls for her much older boss…
- Love and War 3 by Jackie Chanel <— she’s a mob boss?
- A Lover’s Secret by Bethany Bloom <— she meets up with an old flame, who’s now a famous author (with secrets. But of course!! )…
- Falling Spear (Spear Series) by Maritza M Carreon
- Full Strength: Book Two in the Las Vegas Sinners series (Crimson Romance) by Katie Kenyhercz
- Game of Love (Love in Bloom: The Remingtons, Book 1) Contemporary Romance by Melissa Foster
- Deceptive Innocence, Part Two (Pure Sin) by Kyra Davis
- Crazy Love by Michelle Pace <— “The day she finally agrees to go out with him, his younger brother, Sam, shows up. Sam’s first words about Trip chill her: “Don’t be fooled by the act. Prince Charming is a toxic monster.”
- Back Forever by Karen Booth <— Sounds angsty! Life seems perfect… “Christopher’s band is making a run at it after a long hiatus. Claire lands a magazine job she never dreamed she could get. Only a ring on Claire’s finger and a baby on the way could make things more complete, and Chris is determined they’ll have everything they ever wanted.” until things start to unravel…
- Better by Carey Heywood <— “Unable to hide from each other Adam’s overprotective nature thwarts Aubrey’s desire to find her own way.”
- A Stillness of Chimes: A Novel by Meg Moseley
- Summer Fling (Compass Girls) by Mari Carr, Jayne Rylon
- Surrender to Fire (Maison Chronicles) by Skylar Kade <— D/s book! “Damien is unprepared for the way her beautiful submission gets under his skin. And Camille never thought she’d fall, hard, for just the kind of man she’s sworn off.”
- Joker’s Wild: A Loveswept Classic Romance by Sandra Chastain
- The Kreutzer Sonata: A Novel by Margriet De Moor
- Lean Mean Loving Machine: A Loveswept Classic Romance by Sandra Chastain <— she’s a mechanic: “…when Gavin Magadan walks into her shop dressed for a country club and presents a high-stakes business proposal, she’s skeptical of falling for another man with big dreams—no matter how hot he may be.“
- Every Part of You: Resists Me (#2) by Megan Hart
- Flashes of Me: An Erotic Novella by Cynthia Sax <— Er… Oh! Tee hee! She works for a corporation and her boss has a “wrathful” reputation. And ummm… I think she strips in front of her big/bad/mean (and quite possibly misunderstood) boss’s cameras.
- His Obsession Next Door (In the Line of Duty) by Cathryn Fox
- Hold On To Me (Against All Odds Series #2) by Elisabeth Naughton
- Hot Property by Karen Leabo <— Cop alert! “Wendy Thayer’s week just went from bad to worse. After being framed by a client, she’s drawn the interest of a hard-nosed—and hard-bodied—cop. Under different circumstances, Wendy wouldn’t mind being cuffed by the sexy sergeant. But she’s a personal shopper, not a criminal. With her business and her reputation at stake, she must convince Michael of her innocence. Will he break the case without breaking her heart?“
- Earth Angel: A Loveswept Classic Romance by Linda Cajio
- Dream Dress, The (Weddings by Design Book #3): A Novel by Janice Thompson