Here are today’s latest book releases (and awesome-sounding bargain finds) and I’m stuck. I have no clue which book to start next. I mean, no… I have a clue. TOO many clues. Last week I chose my reads strictly out of the brand new releases (three intrigued the heck out of me) instead of using my trust-y TBR List, and in those, I found two that I absolutely loved —> The Plan and Transcendence. So all in all, a great reading week for me.
This week, I have a few new releases that I want to jump on right away, but there’s that bargain series that is suddenly calling to me, too.
So here are my standouts for this week, and the ones I will likely be choosing from: Scarred Love (she’s saved by a guy running that hears her screams), Escaping Destiny #3 <—- OH THIS ONE!!! But I have to start with book #1, and now that I’m hearing rumblings of that Mac & Barrons feel (with an emphasis on Barrons), I’m extra excited. And you guys know how much I love it when I can barely stand the “love interest” due to his infuriating alpha-jerk ways. YAY ME!!! I’m really thinking this series is next for me (and it’s been on my main TBR list (TOP 17 TBR) for at least a year now. With the release of the latest book, I think it’s time to start this series (here’s the series reading order –> The Fae Chronicles Series)
But then… there’s this one: Unravel (I hear has a dark feel and an absolutely amazing read) and Before You Break (I absolutely loved this author’s book #1 in this series, and this one sounds like it’s my kind of angsty, too!). Plus, there are military men down there, and well… men in uniform and all that. 😛 *sigh* What is a girl to do? Any help?
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken <— Tear jerker alert!! PLUS, book #2 and #2.5 are on pre-order, too!! Thanks Jami!! (check out my review of this one).
- Toxic (The Ruin Series Book 2) by Rachel Van Dyken <— pre-order link! (release date will be soon! March 4th)
- Fearless (Ruin Series 2.5) by Rachel Van Dyken <— pre-order link! (release date will be soon! March 9th!!)
- Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles) by Amelia Hutchins <— book #1 and due to the release of book #3 today, I will be starting this series this week. I’m SO excited!!!
- Scarred Beautiful by Beth Michele <— Jen recommends this one: “I loved Scarred Beautiful by Beth Michele. It’s a great emotional book filled with heartbreak,love,and second chances.”
- Twice Begun by Reina Lisa Menasche <— Lea found us this one! “This one dropped down, and given the possible doctor/patient fraternization issues, sounds like a promising read.” Yep… I always like the love stories that are trouble!
- Nine Volt Heart by Annie Pearson <— Lea found us this one, too! “This rock star meets classical musician story sounds different and so good! :)”
- Scarred Love (Sulfur Heights Series) by M.S. Brannon <— Aimee found us this one! “all three books in the series – Sulfur Heights Series by M.S. Brannon — appears to have really good ratings and right up our alley — has anyone read these?” It looks so good! He saved her from her abusive step-father one night when he heard her screaming, as he was running past her house and… “Three years later, Darcie is healing and always protected by the man who saved her, but now she’s fighting with something she isn’t prepared to face. The growing love for the man who saved her life three years ago, the same man who’s nine years older. “<— ooooooooh!!! MINE! I’m skipping the synopsis of #2 & #3 so I don’t spoil the series for myself, but I am so one-clicking them all!
- Tragic Love (Sulfur Heights #2) by M.S. Brannon <— book #2
- Blind Love (Sulfur Heights Series #3) by M.S. Brannon <— book #3
- To Love A Shifter: A Paranormal Romance Boxed Set (6 Book Bundle) by Marian Tee <— Aimee found us this bundled super-sale saying: “6 in 1 books…I enjoy Marian Tee books and grabbing it for two of the 6 I have had on my wish list”
- Annihilate Me: Omnibus (Complete Vols. 1-4, Annihilate Me Series) by Christina Ross <— Stephanie found us this billionaire CEO bargain priced bundle!
- Escaping Destiny (The Fae Chronicles) by Amelia Hutchins <— book #3 and I can’t WAIT to start this series. I keep hearing the relationship dynamic is like that of —> “Barrons/Mac” and Kat & Bones. OH YES FOR ME!!!!!!
- Vampire Most Wanted: An Argeneau Novel (Argeneau Vampire) by Lyndsay Sands
- Demon by My Side by Victoria Davies
- Altered [Part one of three] by Lara Leighton <— zombies
- The Last Viking by <— “He wore nothing but a leather tunic, spoke in an ancient tongue . . . and he was standing in Professor Meredith Foster’s living room. The medieval historian told herself he was part of a practical joke, but with his wide gold belt, callused hands, and the rabbit roasting in her fireplace, the brawny stranger seemed so . . . authentic.” <— Okay this one is a re-release (thanks Tessa!! :D)
- Reflected (Silver Series) by Rhiannon Held
- Eternal Curse by Toi Thomas
- Before His Eyes (Guys and Godmothers) by Candice Gilmer <— okay I put it here ’cause of the “fairy godmother” aspect 😉 “Photographer Bruce Matthews has finally found someone who really, really gets him. He and Greta like the same things, laugh at the same jokes. There’s just one thing—he’s never actually seen her face to face. Her social media profile bears no picture.”
- Unravel by Calia Reed <— this one sounds right up our alley my friends!! “And now…everyone thinks I’m insane. But, I know he’s real, and I know he needs me.” I’m thinking I want to do this one next or at least ASAP… and I just received this recommendation in my email: “This is seriously good – It’s hard to review because of the spoiler aspect. But it starts with a girl in a mental hospital with no idea why she’s there. Two hot guys that love her and a whole sequence of mind blowing… what?? and then WHAT!!! I think you will love it!”
- Incinerate (Explosive) by Tessa Teevan <— MILITARY MEN ALERT!! Jillian says: “Tessa Teevan’s Incinerate is out! Military men at its best. This is the second book in the Explosive series but can be read as a standalone.” And… Oh hey, look Sherry!! 😉 We’ve seen this model before. CUTE! Plus, this is book #2 after this popular one amongst are group: Ignite (Explosive)
- Sizzle (The MacKenzie Family) by Liliana Hart <— The next installment of the bestselling MacKenzie Series…
- Consequences of Deception by Ella Fox <— Jean is reading it as we speak: “Maryse, I just started Consequences of Deception by Ella Fox last night! OMG…I am only at 40% but I think it is right up your alley…. They loved each other when they were young and suddenly he HATES HER! And I mean HATE….then he buys her! Ugh! Not sure where it’s going yet, but wanted to recommend it to you!”
- Before You Break by Christina Lee <— I LOVED book #1 in this series (although I believe this new book focuses on another couple). “Ella has suffered enough heartache and guilt to fill one of her psychology textbooks, but she keeps that part of herself hidden behind a bubbly exterior. Until she receives an anonymous call while working a suicide helpline and the voice on the other end touches something inside of her that she can’t ignore.” Check out my review of #1: “All of You“
- Fix You by Carrie Elks <— I dunno why but for some reason, this book (title and by this author) is saying something to me… like I’ve heard of it before, way back when. I thought maybe it was a re-release (new publisher?), but I’m not seeing any reference to that. Either way… it sounds right up our angsty alley! “Fix You follows the story of quirky, music-loving Hanna and handsome, driven Richard as they fall in love and are torn apart. Their tempestuous relationship leads to an explosive revelation that threatens to destroy them both.“
- Worth the Chance (book #2) by Vi Keeland <— MMA FIGHTER! (Here is my review of book #1: Worth The Fight)
- Past Imperfect by Alison G. Bailey <— book #2! I read #1 (here is my review of: Present Perfect)
- Lie Next To Me (A Millionaire’s Love) by Sandi Lynn <— so far quite a few great reviews, and the synopsis is intriguing: “My name is Rory Sinclair, and the night I was violently attacked was the night that changed my life forever. One man, a man named Ian Braxton, made it his mission to heal me, to save me, and to show me a world that previously had been only a dream to me. Ian Braxton is far from perfect. He’s a self-absorbed, demeaning, arrogant, and womanizing millionaire. He makes it so easy to hate him, but so very hard to resist him.“
- Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor) by Jill Shalvis
- Dungeon Royale (Masters and Mercenaries) by Lexi Blake
- The Darkest Joy by Marata Eros <— “Deep-sea fisherman Chance Taylor can’t imagine what his life would be if he’d never taken that midnight stroll to the pier. Had never seen the intriguing, raven-haired girl swan dive into the Alaskan sea. Had never plunged into the icy waters to rescue her . . . and finally felt her electric charge.“
- The Lonely Girl by Gracie Wilson
- A Real Disaster by Molly Ryan <— This one sounds like your more usual NA (new adult) romance book. Good girl in college meets bad boy musician with secrets. Of course that title caught my eye, and that cover, and it’s a brand new release.
- Reckless Mind by Heather Wiginton <— another brand new release with a title and cover that caught my eye. Has a “dark” look to it. Not sure though, by the synopsis?
- SALVAGE HER HEART by Shelly Pratt <— ooooh! In an abusive marriage and then she meets someone else… “He’s the kind of man that might be able to give her a second chance, but Evie wonders at what cost to both of them will she be free of her husband’s clutches.“
- No Such Thing by A.M. Arthur <— M/M romance!
- Tricks (Take It Off) by Cambria Hebert
- On The Rocks (The Last Call Series) by Sawyer Bennett <— “He left to travel the world for fame and glory, but only after spurning Gabby Ward and crushing her young heart.” (and then when he comes back, they end up having to work together… *eeep*). Sounds like it could be fun!
- Organized Chaos by Ava Catori
- Love & Other Profanities by J.S. Bernhardt <— Falls for her much older boss…
- Love and War 3 by Jackie Chanel <— she’s a mob boss?
- A Lover’s Secret by Bethany Bloom <— she meets up with an old flame, who’s now a famous author (with secrets. But of course!! ;))…
- Falling Spear (Spear Series) by Maritza M Carreon
- Full Strength: Book Two in the Las Vegas Sinners series (Crimson Romance) by Katie Kenyhercz
- Game of Love (Love in Bloom: The Remingtons, Book 1) Contemporary Romance by Melissa Foster
- Deceptive Innocence, Part Two (Pure Sin) by Kyra Davis
- Crazy Love by Michelle Pace <— “The day she finally agrees to go out with him, his younger brother, Sam, shows up. Sam’s first words about Trip chill her: “Don’t be fooled by the act. Prince Charming is a toxic monster.”
- Back Forever by Karen Booth <— Sounds angsty! Life seems perfect… “Christopher’s band is making a run at it after a long hiatus. Claire lands a magazine job she never dreamed she could get. Only a ring on Claire’s finger and a baby on the way could make things more complete, and Chris is determined they’ll have everything they ever wanted.” until things start to unravel…
- Better by Carey Heywood <— “Unable to hide from each other Adam’s overprotective nature thwarts Aubrey’s desire to find her own way.”
- A Stillness of Chimes: A Novel by Meg Moseley
- Summer Fling (Compass Girls) by Mari Carr, Jayne Rylon
- Surrender to Fire (Maison Chronicles) by Skylar Kade <— D/s book! “Damien is unprepared for the way her beautiful submission gets under his skin. And Camille never thought she’d fall, hard, for just the kind of man she’s sworn off.”
- Joker’s Wild: A Loveswept Classic Romance by Sandra Chastain
- The Kreutzer Sonata: A Novel by Margriet De Moor
- Lean Mean Loving Machine: A Loveswept Classic Romance by Sandra Chastain <— she’s a mechanic: “…when Gavin Magadan walks into her shop dressed for a country club and presents a high-stakes business proposal, she’s skeptical of falling for another man with big dreams—no matter how hot he may be.“
- Every Part of You: Resists Me (#2) by Megan Hart
- Flashes of Me: An Erotic Novella by Cynthia Sax <— Er… Oh! Tee hee! She works for a corporation and her boss has a “wrathful” reputation. And ummm… I think she strips in front of her big/bad/mean (and quite possibly misunderstood) boss’s cameras.
- His Obsession Next Door (In the Line of Duty) by Cathryn Fox
- Hold On To Me (Against All Odds Series #2) by Elisabeth Naughton
- Hot Property by Karen Leabo <— Cop alert! “Wendy Thayer’s week just went from bad to worse. After being framed by a client, she’s drawn the interest of a hard-nosed—and hard-bodied—cop. Under different circumstances, Wendy wouldn’t mind being cuffed by the sexy sergeant. But she’s a personal shopper, not a criminal. With her business and her reputation at stake, she must convince Michael of her innocence. Will he break the case without breaking her heart?“
- Earth Angel: A Loveswept Classic Romance by Linda Cajio
- Dream Dress, The (Weddings by Design Book #3): A Novel by Janice Thompson
Hands in the air for UNRAVELED!!!!
Worthy of copious explanation points!!! This is the first I’ve heard of this author and she seriously blew me away! Now I’m reading back through the book which I almost never do. I really need others to read it so I have someone to share ‘???!!!’ reactions with! 🙂
By the way – the less you know about this one going in, the better. Stay away from any spoilers. Be warned.
I hope you pick this one, Maryse – I’m excited to see your opinion on this.
That would be:
EXCLAMATION points… not EXPLANATION points. LOL Although both kind of apply. 😛
Curses, Fates and Soul Mates – 5 novels 99 ¢
Epic Love: 8 Bestselling Authors, 8 Bestselling Romance Novels
Scarred love is AWESOME, Maryse! I read it a whole ago..It blew me away and wrenched my heart out :O I could not put it down. It’s such a beautiful story. Enjoy 😀
I finished Saving Forever. Maryse, I’m going to need your caveman for a bit of “cuddling.” Nuh-uh, you just stay there and let me drag him away by his hair. I promise to return him as I found him. 😉 He can handle my frustration right now. 😛
Tee hee!!!! Okay, Amy… he’s very sweet towards of alpha-females. 😉 And he LOVES to cuddle. LOVES IT!! I miss my Ehd…
Okay Snafuzled, I’m on it. 🙂 That one’s my next read (today!) and I’ll save the Destiny series for the next one right after. Anyway, everyone says I’ll eat ’em right up, one after the next if I start them, so it’s best to save them for when I have enough days in a row to read them. Thurs/Fri/Saturday and Sunday. 😀
Yay Marit!! That is the other one that is tempting me so bad right now. Okay so I think I have an amazing reading week ahead of me…
Thanks Bobbye! I’ll be adding it. 😀
The Pairing by Katie Ashley came out today too!
Oooh loved Unravel! I finished in one sitting!
Oh Amy, I was wondering what happened with you and that trilogy!! I highly recommend Consequences of Deception!! I loved it!!! Crazy twists!
Maryse – I agree with those who said stay away from spoilers of Unraveled! It wasn’t spoiled for me but I figured the big twists early and it definitely impacted my enjoyment of (or rather connection to) it. Grrrrr 🙂 I think many people will love it!
I can’t wait to start Unravel! Super excited!!!
Besides reading Unravel this week I’m also looking for a love story you can’t help but get a cheek ache from. Any suggestions?
i love ‘the less you know the better books’, ones you need to go back and re-read, i’m in
Jean, picture Regina George after finding out about the kalteen bars. That’s how I felt. 😛
Make sure people know that The Last Viking is a re-release. It’s a great book, but definitely not new. 🙂 (org. 1998)
One clicked the second Rachel Van Dyken story, loved Ruin! Also looking forward to Scarred Love sounds soooo good!
LOL Amy…I actually had to Google that to find out who you were talking about….you are too funny!! So it was that good huh?
Ugh, Jean, I was irritated. There were *four* POVs, and I ended up skimming a good portion of the book. It was just a bit too predictable for me without any real angst or comeuppance, and there should have been *plenty* of both after book #2. Yeah, I know what that says about me that I want that kind of craziness in what I read. 😉
So Amy, can I read just the first one and not have to worry about the others…..because I 1-clicked the first book during one of my obsessive book buying sessions (or maybe I can return it..haha)! Don’t we all want the angst and unpredictability – – that’s what we depend on Maryse for!
I have to recommend Broken Pieces by Riley Hart. The best book I have read in months and one of my favorite books EVER! I’m pretty new to the M/M romance genre and I can’t believe how the author pulled off this menage. Totally amazing, this is definitely a MUST READ!
Read Fix You. Covered a lot of years and didn’t feel rushed. Great stand alone
Everyone needs to put down what they are reading NOW…and meet Vince Stone!!! Worth the Chance is SOOOOO worth the read!!
Vi Keeland has literally hit this one out of the ballpark! Liv and Vince are electric and Vi does such a great job at tying in their past to their present. It was sweet but edgy…Vince was hot and alpha. Yet there was a softer side to Vince also. I love Vince and Liv’s tie to one another and their chemistry just pulled me in from the very start. If you are looking for steam between the characters…OH YA…it’s in there. Conflict is there too. The only spoiler I will tell is….uou may want to have a couple tissues on hand …I did shed several tears…some happy tears and some hurting tears.
Vi has a true talent when she writes dialogue. She truly makes you feel not like an observer to the story but a participant in the story. The story flows very easily. This was literally a book I couldn’t put down (thank god for eyedrops) and one I will definitely read again. Vi Keeland’s female characters tend to be assertive and take a more mature approach to the relationship they are in and that is much appreciated by this reader.
I can’t wait to read Worth Forgiving…Jax’s story and the final installment to this series. I am sure that book will be just as great. If you haven’t read her other books…do youself a favor and grab ANYTHING this woman writes!!!! Vi Keeland rocks!!
Jean, you *could* just read the first book but stop at 96%, lol. After that, stuff happens that leads into book #2. To be honest, book #3 finishes up in a way that most readers will probably be really happy with. I just need some angst and a dash of realism when a story wraps up, like with the Love Me With Lies series. Loved those books!!!
Haha! Ok and I agree, Love Me With Lies was the best! When is her new book coming out anyway…Mud Vein?!? Anyone???
If you have not read Marian Tee’s To Love A Shifter a 6 book bundle set,you are missing out. I have already read it twice and I have over 2000 books on my kindle that I have not even read yet and about 50 for tbr read in the next month,but I loved this book, I could not help rereading the stories again,I read the whole book and then read a story in between the next 6 books I read lol I gave it a 5 star rating on Amazon.com under my name Sharon Chalk aka Mageverse And I just can’t tell you how much I loved each story and what each was about,but you can get that info in the description part of the book,all I can say if that
Worth the Chance by Vi Keeland was FANTASTIC!!! The back-story between the two main characters makes them so easy to relate to, and there are just the right amount of conflicts that arise and then get resolved that had me turning the pages to find out what happened next.
It’s currently the #1 BestSeller on Amazon in sports fiction, and it has an average rating of 4.8/5.0 (71 reviews)
HUGE fan of Vi Keeland!!!
Darn you Marybeth and your recommendations !!!
Love love love the fae chronicled series…had to buy all of them and read them with sleepless nights for 2 days straight! Great series for paranormal, would be top of my list with fantasyland series by Kristin Ashley was it?
You have to update your top paranormal series list 😉
Oops sorry for autocorrect maryse