Oh boy today’s list sure got a fun reaction, especially when it came to the “Bad Reviews” post below. Tee hee!!! Check ’em all out:
TODAY’S BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST 😀 !!
- 1 year ago today, this Kristin Hanna book 5 STAR rocked my world (and had me on the edge of my seat SO many times)!! Book Review – The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
- 2 years ago, this book had us ALL in an edge-of-your seat, romance angst, forbidden love frenzy!! HOLY. MOLY!!!!! Book Review – Heartbreak Warfare by Heather M. Orgeron & Kate Stewart
- 4 years ago today, I posted this reading order so that some of us would get some relief from book #1. 😉 Kim Holden – Bright Side Series Reading Order
Connie: Thanks so much for including the Blasts from the Past books. I upped some on my TBR list and had some some great reminiscing. Brings me to Brightside . . . sigh. While it was lovely having closure for Gus, what I really need closure on, and, therefore, another book in the series, is the college boyfriend, Keller Banks, and his young son! Pretty please, Kim Holden, one more! Love your blog and your lists!
- 5 years ago, I was titillated by this forbidden romance/marital strife book! Book Review – Pure Abandon by Jeannine Colette
- 5 years ago, we also had TONS of fun with our confessions for this topic. 😉 What a post!! Bad reviews that actually make you want to read the book!
R. Renee: OMG the bad review post cracked me up. IDK how I missed it! I’ve been lucky. I have some brutal reviews but I agree with some of them and many I just find entertaining. My favorite begins, “Oh dear…” 😆 And this one actually sold books to the age gap crowd! “Kinda over the age gap here (16 years in a modern love story with a 21 year old is a bit rough for me generally).” <– Thanks! 🤣
Maryse: OMG that post WAS hilarious!!! And then Suanne’s comments in the comment section. 😂😂😂
R. Renee: Yes!! OMG! 😆🙈
Harper: I was just reading it too. That was hysterical. I still want the title of the book Suanne described. I am guilty of writing bad reviews when I don’t like a book. I write them more for myself than for any other reason. In a few months, when this book crosses my path again and I feel tempted to read it, I want to remember why I shouldn’t ou should. And, the first thing I do when deciding if I want to read a book or not is read the reviews. If you guys recommended it, I read it. If an author I follow liked it, I read it. Then I go to the one-star reviews and see if what they complained about is something I would too. So they help me a LOT.
R. Renee: I 100% think bad reviews are as important as good ones, so keep writing them. Whether you mean to or not, you’re directing future readers either to or away from the book, and both are good. I don’t go into the age gap in my blurb so if a reader hates those, I kind of hope they see that bad review to steer them away from it!
Carrie: Yes! I have “key words” from bad reviews that almost always guarantee I’m going to love it! LOL I also read bad reviews for spoilers if I’m on the fence about something.
- 6 years ago today, we made this ultimate list. ‘Cause you know if it’s on here, it’s got to be AMAZING! Books that are “re-read” good!
Megan: Oh beautiful disaster, black dagger series, shatter me… All amazing!!
Rebecca: Lover Awakened…*sigh*…
Tasara: I came here to literally comment about Zsadist.
Rebecca: YES! Such a great character.
Sherry: LOVE this list
- 7 years ago, I was going down the exciting “Evan Arden” rabbit hole. What a delightful angsty, bad-ass mess that was!! Book Review – Otherwise Unharmed by Shay Savage
- 9 years ago today, Kristen Ashley (with her hero bad boy “Ty”) rocked my world again!! Here’s my 5 star Book Review – Lady Luck by Kristen Ashley
- 9 years ago, I started this one, and was already so blown away, I had to tell you guys about it! Currently Reading… Poughkeepsie by Debra Anastasia
- 10 years ago today, I was HEAD-OVER-HEELS over this series!! Currently Reading…Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead
- 11 years ago, I jumped into this one ’cause I was needing something… anything that had that “BDB feel”. AND I FOUND IT! Here’s my 4.5 star Book Review – Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian
➔➔➔ Looking to reminisce even more? Check out all our “Blasts from our Books Past” posts here on my blog. 😀