Hey everyone! I thought I’d jump in here and see if anyone has any recommendations for a specific trope I’m craving.
It’s where a woman (for whatever reason) leaves her life behind to start over, living and working, in a small town where she meets the man of her dreams.
Oooooh YES!!!! Sweet Dreams is one of my all time favorites and is absolute PERFECTION for this trope! Here’s my 5-star Book Review.
R. Renee: Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks came to mind first, though I like the movie better than the book. 😆
I think these fit the bill too, but the heroine does know someone in the town prior to moving:
- The Lost Husband by Katherine Center and
- Wild Abandon by Jeannine Colette
- Everything Girl by Emily Meyer might have the feel you’re looking for even though the heroine is only visiting for work.
- Same with The Simple Wild by KA Tucker.
Janie: Thank you! I’ve been wondering about The Simple Wild. I always hear good things!
R. Renee: It’s soooo good!
Maryse: The Simple Wild is fantastic!! Here’s my Book Review.
Jan: These aren’t all quite on your request, but along those lines – someone trying to start a new life away from the big city and finding the love of their life:
- The Perfect Hope by Nora Roberts
- True Confessions by Rachel Gibson
- Some of the books in Susan Elizabeth Phillips Wynette, Texas series might fit the bill. A bit old school, but she’s a terrific and entertaining writer.
- Or maybe some of Julie Anne Long’s Hellcat Canyon books.
- You Can Have Manhattan by P. Dangelico.
Janie: Thanks Jan! I actually own The Perfect Hope and the rest of the series, but I’ve yet to read them. I’m definitely adding them to my “read pile”.
- Devney Perry’s Jamison Valley Series
- Kelly Elliot’s Meet Me in Montana Series
- Catherine Cowle’s Sutter Lake Series
- C.A. Harm’s Sawyer Brothers Series
Janie: Thanks Kathy, these all sound right up my alley!!!
Maryse: I LOVED The Coppersmith Farm House. Warm fuzzies but a bit of enemies-t0-lovers at first and I was thrilled with that. Here’s my Book Review.
Mony: Just put part of this list together for a friend looking for same trope…Hard to beat Sweet Dreams though! Hope you find what you’re looking for!
- Welcome to Temptation,
- The Bribe,
- Call Me Irresistible,
- Taming a Maverick,
- Everything Girl,
- Rock Bottom Girl,
- Arrogant Devil
- Kristen Ashley – The Gamble, Rock Chicks (#3), Play It Safe, Soaring
- Jill Shalvis – Rainy Day Friends, Lucky Harbour Series #10-12 + more, Instant Attraction, Instant Gratification, Then Came You
Janie: More Kristen Ashley?! Yes, please!! Thanks Mony!!
➔➔➔ Looking for more of our favorite recommendations? Browse our “Ultimate Favorites Lists” here. Are you in the mood for a certain kind of story? Browse our favorite “genre/trope categories” here and our reader favorites lists too.