This was a chat that I was thrilled not to have missed. A full two and half hours of pure silliness. J.R. Ward (aka WARDen), Jessica Andersen (aka Doc Jess), and “Twisted” (from what I gathered, he’s apparently the tattooed, kilt wearing? chat moderator) really let loose.
Now…not too loose on all the book secrets, mind you, but, we did get a few great tidbits that are making me all crazy-anxious for more BDB. All in all, an informative chat with lots of funny antics between the hosts. J.R. Ward and her cohorts even got crazy enough to get kicked off the chat room a few times *gasp* (and I could swear the WARDen kicked herself off once too.) LOL!
Here’s an example:
J.R. had a *choice* word about “Rabbit” not being a part of tonight’s contest giveaway…
[J R Ward] MAN I DO IT EVERY TIME
[J R Ward] DON’T I
[Twisted] BRACE YERSELF YA KNOW WHATS COMING…
[Jessica Andersen] I’M TELLING YOUR MOMMY
[J R Ward] *PREPARES TO BE BOOTED*
[J R Ward] KICK ME
User J R Ward has been kicked.
It’s all good. She came back 😉
Ok so here’s the scoop. Let’s start with Jessica Andersen’s chat regarding her Final Prophecy / Nightkeepers Series (look at my recent post detailing the series and her reading order list):
Jessica Andersen – Final Prophecy (Nightkeepers) Series Reading Order
- How she came up with the series? She read something regarding the 2012 Doomsday of the Maya, and while researching it, realized that they contacted the spiritual realm through sexual rituals and decided to write about it.
- On character building: She seems to just go with the flow:
IT’S BEEN A CASE OF STANDING BACK AND SEEING WHAT THEY BUILD TOGETHER. OR IN RABBIT’S CASE, BLOW UP.
- She mentions that the “hinting” in Blood Spells of someone being brought back was true. But she won’t say who.
- J.R.’s favorite character is “Rabbit”. She asked if Jessica knew he would be pivotal to the series, since he’s such a scene stealer. Jessica admits that when she started, he was a “bit” player, but now the series pretty much is his story “OF HIM GROWING UP AND INTO HIMSELF…”
- Rabbit will be the hero of the final book.
- What does Jessica find the most difficult when writing? Writing the “tough stuff” and letting it happen. Relationship-wise, she feels a need to “pull back” and smooth things over, but Jessica mentions that after J.R. Ward read her draft, she brought it to her attention.
- Her novella will be about a couple that have not been in any of the books yet, but will lead into Storm Kissed.
- Starting May of next year, her next three Harlequin books will be her Bear Claw CSI series.
- In the next book, Rabbit loses a friend, and Anna get’s a message from beyond.
That answer (above) sparks J.R.’s interest and spurs her into a bratty moment:
[J R Ward] WHICH FRIEND?
[J R Ward] OW!
[Jessica Andersen] REALLY?
[J R Ward] YOUCOULD HAVE JUST TOLD ME TO SHUT IT!
[Jessica Andersen] LOLOL! NOT TELLING.
[J R Ward] OKAY FINE
[J R Ward] WHATS THE MESSAGE-
LOL!!! She’s hilarious. One of my absolute favorite writers. She’s so real.
*SPOILER alert here I think* so don’t read if you’re not that far in the series — sound like a “love triangle” to me… woohoo!
- She mentions that while “Brandt” was a character that was supposed to eventually die (she called him a “red shirt” which J.R. Ward clarifies for us), she says that he wouldn’t die, kept fighting for his family, and she knew he’d be “chosen” (but she didn’t know, necessarily, that Rabbit” was the first choice, until it happened).
- Middle of the series –> About Jox and Hannah – she didn’t know it was “time for them” until half way through the book but decided they deserved it considering how Jox was there to see them through since book#1.