SATURDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! You GUYS!!! I LOVE MY ECHO. “She” reads to me when I’m doing housework or cooking! Regular ebooks (not only audiobooks – and she reads good!!! LOL!) I received her for my birthday (my sister and mom took advantage of the big Prime Day sale back in July) but today? They are even cheaper!
ALSO on super-sale today (these are just awesome finds!!):
- Certified Refurbished Kindle Voyage E-reader with Special Offers, Wi-Fi <— WHOA. SUPER-SALE ON THESE TODAY!!!
- Certified Refurbished Amazon Fire TV with Alexa Voice Remote <— and these. I have the Firestick which I LOVE but this whole unit is everything!
- Certified Refurbished Amazon Fire TV (Previous Generation – 1st) <— and these.
- In fact… yep. The Amazon Outlet is having all sorts of deals today!! In fact the Fire Stick is in there too (for cheaper than what I paid for mine). And the Paperwhite.
Happy Veterans Day everyone!! 😀 Thank you to all of the brave men and women that serve (and have served) to protect this wonderful country, and thank you to all of the friends and family members that support these heroes. <3
<— P.S. That one up there to the left is NOW LIVE AND!!! All digital proceeds from this anthology will aid The Mission Continues. www.missioncontinues.org!!!
And it’s time for the Friday Finds list, and this is an extra big list (it’s easily inching up to forty awesome book finds which is making up for Tuesday’s “half-list”). It couldn’t come at a better time, ’cause I’m SO ready to lose myself in a love story (and even better, one with chills and thrills), so now I’m currently reading my one-click from earlier this week (which is still super-bargain priced today) Girl Underwater. A competitive swimmer, her supportive teammate and three young children survive a plane crash, in the Colorado Rockies.
Eeeeep!!!! I can’t wait to devour it! And I will as soon as I post this list. 😉
But if that’s not what you’re in the mood for, we’ve found PLENTY of romance choices to choose from. New releases, bargain finds and 5-star reader recommendations!
Take a look at what we found! (NOTE: some are bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Code Name: Forever & Ever (A Warrior’s Challenge series Book 5) by Natasza Waters <— LIVE!!! MILITARY ROMANCE – SHE FALLS FOR A NAVY SEAL ALERT! “Harvard graduate Margaret Stines rejects the job offered on a silver platter by her father. With a modeling contract in one hand and her possessions in the other, she leaves the neon lights of Glittertown for San Diego. She’d rather enlist in the Navy than marry the Hollywood wannabe executives her father brings home for dinner. A rebel at heart, Marg is seduced into the arms of a sailor. Only he’s the wrong one and when she meets his best friend Patrick Cobbs, she realizes her impetuous act will crucify her in his eyes…“
- Reckless Touch by Veronica Larsen <— LIVE!!! SHE’S IN DANGER ALERT!!! “A terrifying ordeal brings Detective Sebastian Reed into my life. He crowds everything into corners just by stepping into a room. He’s steely, cold, and focused, and I’m inevitably drawn to the safety of his presence.
Except there is no safe and there is no us. There’s only stolen moments and reckless touches, secrets and lies. And the stranger who wants me dead.” Lea found us this one!
Lea: Just went live yesterday!! This book is sexy and suspenseful, and there are some intense, creepy scenes. I was swooning while on the edge of my seat. Lol. The author has the prologue up on her website, and it’ll give you chills.
- Tru Blue (Sexy standalone romance) by Melissa Foster <— LIVE!!! JUST RELEASED FROM PRISON & HE’S RAISING HIS SIBLINGS ALERT!! And already TONS of amazing reviews!! “Truman’s hard, he’s secretive, and he’s trying to save a brother who’s even more broken than he is. He’s never needed help in his life, and when beautiful Gemma Wright tries to step in, he’s less than accepting…“
- How to Date a Douchebag: The Studying Hours by Sara Ney <— MUST READ! LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY & BACK ON THE LIST ’cause I LOVED it and so many of us are having SO MUCH FUN with this story. Here’s my review.
DG: Finished How To Date A Douchebag….LOVED it! It definitely had a The Deal feel to it!
Alabama Amy: I’ve read this and I highly recommend it for the Low-Angsters and comedy lovers out there. This is probably my “go to” category is for an easy and enjoyable read 🙂 maybe it’s because I’m not too far out of college but I always find these characters very likeable and relatable almost like the old CW shows
Teri: I’m right in the middle of this book! Really enjoying it. The author has a way of taking you as a reader to points where you say ” omg this guy is a crude douchebag and I don’t like him” but then the next second you are totally charmed by him along with the h. Not an easy feat for an author.
Katie: I LOVED this book. I’ve been searching for something similar since I finished it.
- Obsessed: A New Adult Romance by Kelli Wolfe <— LIVE!!! FORBIDDEN LOVE WITH HER BOYFRIEND’S FATHER ALERT! “This couldn’t be happening. What the hell had I done? I’d kissed my boyfriend’s father. He’d kissed me…“
- American Queen by Sierra Simone <— IN LOVE WITH THE PRESIDENT/LOVE TRIANGLE? ALERT! Recent release and we’re getting GREAT feedback. Kim LOVED IT! Actually a few here LOVED it!
Kim: American Queen by Sierra Simone is the best book I’ve read this year. I stopped reading for a bit I was in such a funk and picked AQ up. I was hooked from the first paragraph.
Julie o: Just finished American Queen and was surprised and shocked. Let’s just say it was nothing like I thought it would be.
Some of your readers won’t approve. And I didn’t even know that something was even possible that happened near the end. I must be naive. Also a warning…..ends on a big cliffhanger!!!!! But I loved the book, very good writing.
- Shadows Strike (Immortal Guardians series Book 6) by Dianne Duvall <— SHE CAN READ MINDS & SHE ALWAYS DREAMS OF HIM… (super-bargain find!!) “Heather Lane can read minds. But not the future. The dream of battle and blood that recurs every night must be a fluke, some obscure terror from her own mind. What its significance might be, she can’t guess: an attack from seven psychotic vampires at once, only separated from nightmare by an eighth very different immortal. A handsome, brave man fighting at her side, a man she misses when she wakes…“
- The Lie by C.L. Taylor <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT! She’s in hiding under a new name, and living a wonderful new life (and there’s a BUT!!). “Jane Hughes has a great boyfriend, a job in an animal shelter, and a tiny cottage in rural Wales. She’s happier than she’s ever been…but her life is a lie. Jane Hughes does not really exist…” Amy found us this one on super-sale, saying:
Amy: “Maryse!! I found something for your thrill-seeking heart…The Lie by CL Taylor is on sale… No idea how good it is, but it’s normally *** (ridiculous for an ebook) and click-worthy for that sale price alone!!!”
- Attraction Series by JB Heller <— LIVE!! HE TAKES HER INTO HIS HOME FOR HER PROTECTION ALERT! “Attraction Series consists of 3 full length steamy novels...”
- Arista’s Legacy (The Dragons of Incendium Short Stories Book 2) by Deborah Cooke <— LIVE!!! “Arista’s Legacy is a short story set in the world of the Dragons of Incendium…“
- Something Wonderful (The Sequels series Book 2) by Judith McNaught <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE and Jan laughed over this one and highly recommends it!
Jan: I recently reread Something Wonderful by the same author (Judith McNaught). OMG, the funniest scene when he’s asking his new young wife if she knows how babies are made (she doesn’t….:) OMG literally laugh out loud funny. It’s worth reading it just for that super awkward, super sweet scene
- HALO by R.C. Stephens <— BOOK IS EVEN BETTER THAN ITS AWESOME BLURB ALERT!! Recent release that totally gave me a blurb-jolt and while I haven’t read it yet, we’re getting some great feedback now. In fact, Jenn 5-STARRED THE HECK OUT OF IT!
Jenn: Well I just finished “Halo” and although I have to say it was the blurb that initially attracted me to this book; it was so not what I was expecting…it was so much more!!!!! I do not want to give anything a way; just know for me at least this was definitely a very powerful-heart warming and heart wrenching story that I will remember. 5******
- Here’s to Now by Teagan Hunter <— LIVE!!! THEY GOT MARRIED IN VEGAS ALERT! This one can be read as a standalone… “She convinced me to live in the now, let go of my resentments, untie the chains I’ve bound myself with, and enjoy something for me. Then, things got complicated. Her name is Haley Kamden, and I refuse to regret her…“
- Dominic: a Dark Mafia Romance (Benedetti Brothers Book 2) by Natasha Knight <— LIVE!!! MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!! This one CAN be read as a standalone… “Monsters had been part of my life for as long as I could remember, but none as dark as Dominic Benedetti. None as cruel. None as broken. I had no illusions about what he was. I had no desire to save his soul. And I couldn’t care about his bleeding heart. But love isn’t always beautiful…“
- Endurance : A Sin Series Novel (The Sin Trilogy Book 4) by Georgia Cates <— LIVE!! MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!!! He’s one of their doctors and he’s in love with someone that he doesn’t want to taint with his life, but… “She’ll be initiated as a Fellowship member soon. One of my mafia brothers will go through endurance so he’ll earn the right to claim her. Make her his wife. Kill. Me. Slowly. I’m running out of time. Only a month remains before she’s beyond my reach forever…” (P.S. author says this is a spinoff of her “The Sin Trilogy” series, but can be read as a standalone)
- Taylored to Perfection (Taylor Made Book 2) by KJ Lewis <— LIVE!!! But must be read after book #1.
- Thirty Days: Part Two by Belle Brooks <— LIVE!!! But must be read after book #1.
- Battleground (Battler Series Book 2) by C.L Masonite <— LIVE!!! But must be read in order.
- Honestly Unfaithful: #1 by A.L. Wood & DA Byrd <— FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT! “Maggie is running away from an overly possessive and abusive ex-boyfriend. Marshall is an unhappily married college professor whose marriage is broken…” It’s a recent release and Amber alerted us to it!
Amber: Honestly Unfaithful is a new release and I loved it. It’s something different on the romantic spin, and co-written by two people.
- Your Inescapable Love (The Bennett Family Book 4) by Layla Hagen <— LIVE!!! CHILDHOOD FRIENDS MEET AGAIN… And it can be read as a standalone! “Taking care of her sick grandmother, Emilia Campbell has a lot on her plate. Still, she faces everything with a positive attitude. When the childhood friend she hero-worshipped steps into her physical therapy clinic, she is over the moon…”
- November 9: A Novel by Colleen Hoover <— COLLEEN HOOVER ALERT! Many of us have already read it, but R is reading it now, and it already made her cry! (P.S. Here’s my own review)
R: …I’m LOVING it. She just made me cry in the bathtub! And CoHo NEVER makes me cry…except for that one time, but that was an anomaly!
- Keepin’ The Faith by Beth Rinyu <— LIVE!!! SINGLE MOM TRYING TO MAKE ENDS MEET & HE’S HER NEW BOSS ALERT!! “I’m just trying to be the best mom I can to my little girl, making ends meet – cleaning houses by day, hosting sex toy parties at night, and holding out hope that Prince Charming truly does exist. Then I met him – handsome, successful, and hardworking. The perfect Prince Charming. Right? Wrong. So wrong. I’m carefree. He’s a perfectionist. I’m broke. He’s rich. I’m a single mom. He doesn’t have patience for kids. And…Did I mention, he’s my new boss?”
- Wrong by Jana Aston <— SHE HAS A CRUSH ON HER GYNECOLOGIST ALERT! And it’s super bargain priced today!! I enjoyed this one!! (my review). 😀
Lisa: Just finished Wrong by Jana Aston. Loved it!!! Cute cute cute story!! Light read sometimes you just need one of those. The kind you find yourself smiling & laughing to yourself & yet there’s still drama & lots of hotness!!! Has anyone else read it yet? Finished it in one day!! Heavy sigh!!
Allison: …has anyone else read Wrong by Jana Aston? It was yummy. …So, the book is super fun. And super hot. I was totally in lust with the H. My only minor complaint was that it wrapped up so easily. Such minor angst over something that I thought would have been more angst-worthy. But it was really well-written and fun. If you need a break from a heavy read, it’s the perfect book!
- Blood Shadows (Blackthorn Dark Paranormal Romance Series Book 1) by Lindsay J. Pryor <— THE ALPHA-VAMPIRE IN THIS BOOK WON OUT AS BEST ALPHA EVEN AGAINST BARRONS & OUR OTHER FAVORITES!!!! Okay so THIS series has been a revelation to me!! It was the answer to one of today’s reader questions (a best “alpha-paranormal” contest, and THIS vampire beat out BARRONS!!). *thud* And now that I’ve backtracked over my series reading order post, I see that a fellow reader also said it was better than The Black Dagger Brotherhood. WHAT WHAT WHAAAAAAAAT??!! *thud* HOLY MOLY. I need some of that paranormal-alpha-male loving feeling STAT! P.S. Book #1 us super-bargain priced today! AND! Here’s the series reading order (where two readers – one… a popular author – said better than BDB!).
Tessa: Kane Malloy from Blood Shadows series was the last one up against him. Kane wone the whole thing.
Kelly: Yes, is was Kane Malloy from the Blackthorn series by Lidnsay J Prior. Awesome series. Blood Shadows is first book.
Nancy: Read it!! It’s really good very diff in terms of supernatural world!
Michele: Better than BDB?? I don’t believe it!! Guess I’m going to have to check it out!
Tracey: Don’t resist Maryse! The Blackthorn series is awesome. I’m a huge BDB fan and the Blackthorn series is right up there with it. So dark and the plot is superb. Love Lindsay J.Pryor’s writing.
- Gabriel: MC Romance (Steel Knights Book 3) by Liz K. Lorde <— LIVE!!! VIGILANTE BIKER RESCUES THE ABUSED WAITRESS ALERT! “Trapped in an abusive relationship, because of an addiction I couldn’t stay away from – life has me in its toothy grip. I’m stuck reliving my horrible past, attending college I never wanted, and busting ass at the diner. Until my dark, ripped, tattooed and pierced savior bursts into my life like a ravaging storm…” (this can be read as a standalone!!)
- Kicked by Celia Aaron <— FOOTBALL STAR ALERT!! Jen read this one TWICE!!!
Jen: I loved Kicked! I have read it twice already. Hot football player (I had Marcus Mariotta in my head because he played for Oregon) and hometown girl he left behind. Classic stuff!!
- For the Win (The Perfect Play Series Book 1) by Sara Rider <— SOCCER STAR ROMANCE ALERT! Alabama-Amy found us this one!! (And yep… we have TWO Amy’s now). 😉 And they both have great taste in books, I must say. She recommends this one saying:
Alabama-Amy: I also purchased a book from an author I had never heard of, Sara Rider. It’s called For the Win. It’s the first book in a sports romance series and is definitely for me fellow low-angsters. It was light and funny with likeable characters. Definitely romantic comedy and I enjoyed it enough to buy the second book.
- Find Me Alastar by T L Swan <— RECENT RELEASE WITH AMAZING REVIEWS!!! HOLY MOLY. The blurb doesn’t say much but it sure does intrigue me, and just checking out the number of reviews (almost ALL 5 stars, and just a few 4 stars and nothing lower), I think I HAVE TO HAVE IT. “He was the best experience of my sheltered life. But do you ever really know who someone is? What if the story I know isn’t the story at all? I thought I knew him. I was wrong.” I kind of have shivers right now. And Samantha 5-starred it!
Samantha: Just had to tell you the AMAZING book I have just read easily a five star read for me! Find me Alastar by T L Swan, you have to read this book!
- #Junkie (GearShark Book 1) by Cambria Hebert <— M/M ROMANCE CAMBRIA HEBERT ALERT! This one is SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED TODAY!
- Idol (VIP Book 1) by Kristen Callihan <— ROCK STAR ALERT!! Kat found us this one on super-bargain today (book #2 about another character will be out soon!), and this one was good!!! (here’s my review)
- Hummingbird by LaVyrle Spencer <— LOVE TRIANGLE HISTORICAL ROMANCE LOVERS!! Claudia highly recommends this one!
Claudia: Maryse, you need to read Hummingbird by Lavyrle Spencer, is an oldie but one of my favorites!!
- 367 Days by Jessica Gadziala <— LIVE!! SHE DOESN’T HAVE AMNESIA BUT INSISTS SHE LOST A YEAR OF HER LIFE ALERT!!! And a private detective is trying to help her… “Sawyer is nothing you’d want in a friend- a little detached, cool, sarcastic, cocksure. But he’s everything you’d want in a private investigator- calm, capable, experienced, and just jaded enough by the darkness he’d seen to take a chance on some random girl who insists something more sinister must have happened to her than simple memory loss.” YAY!!! Nay found us this one!!!
Nay: Maryse–I just added a book to my ‘to read’ shelf on GR that sounds really good, and I didn’t see it listed with your upcoming releases. It’s called 367 Days by Jessica Gadziala and is a romance mystery standalone about a woman who wakes up and has lost a year of her life. It’s up for preorder on Amazon and coming out in just a few days! 11/11/17.
- The Hard Count by Ginger Scott <— FOOTBALL HERO COMES FROM BAD SIDE OF TOWN & SHE’S THE PRIVILEGED DAUGHTER OF HIS COACH ALERT! “When two ugly worlds collide, even the strongest fall. But my world…it hasn’t met the boy from West End…” and Theresa 5-starred it!
Theresa: Hey Maryse…I just finished The Hard Count by Ginger Scott and it was easily a 5 star read for me! A beautiful tale filled with adversity and triumphs that lead to achieving one’s dreams. This book was certainly an emotional journey that had me laughing out loud one minute and reaching for the Kleenex the next…I love when I read a book that fundamentally challenges and changes me. Thank you to Ginger Scott for an amazing journey! Enjoy!
- A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner <— SUPER-ROMANCE ANGST TRAINWRECK FUN ALERT!!! I just read this and enjoyed it, and it’s making HUGE waves amongst our romance-reader community. People are hooked, and Robyn LOVED it!! P.S. Here’s my review.
Robyn: Maryse! I just finished Love Letter to Whiskey and I loved it! It did not remind me of the Thoughtless series but The Avoiding Commitment series by K A Linde! This would be a great What To Read After recommendation. It was totally just as angsty and screwed up as AC. A trainwreck you can’t get off of!
- The Blood & Roses Series Box Set by Callie Hart <— DARK READ SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! Oh I SO one-clicked this one!!!! He’s one of the most dangerous men in the criminal underground world… feared and reversed but “When Zeth’s employer decides buying and selling kidnapped women is a lucrative sideline, Zeth’s usually uncomplicated life suddenly becomes very complicated indeed. And his biggest complication goes by the name of Sloane Romera...”
Kate: Just read Deviant by Callie Hart. Holy Jesus crap. Down the rabbit hole and I want more! Had the book tinglies for the first time in foreeeeeeeeeeeever. The thinking about it all day fog. Now I’m in the sad “I’m never gonna start another book cause they’re just not gonna be as good” sadness.
Sally: Maryse and ladies I am binge reading The Blood & Roses series by Callie Hart. You all know I only start screaming from the roof tops when I am hooked. I. Can’t. Stop. Reading!! Loving these HARD ladies if you haven’t read them yet GET ON IT! I’m on book 3 and Zeth is easily becoming my new book boyfriend. It’s sexy and with an interesting storyline love the flow. Yep I’m hooked!
Theresa: Obsolutely loved these. Story spins off as well so keep reading
Annemarie: This series is one of the best!!
- Pansies (Spires Book 4) by Alexis Hall <— M/M ROMANCE and Nikki LOVES IT and HIGHLY recommends this one. She says:
Nikki: I’m writing to tell you about someone/something you must read right now. *Pansies* by Alexis Hall. I searched your website and couldn’t find any mention of him, so if you know about him, forgive me. I am NOT a member of a street team. I’m pretty sure he doesn’t have one. The guy barely publicizes his books, which I believe is the only reason he’s not famous. No, really.
He’s the kind of author who is so knock-your-socks-off good you want to stop people on the street and tell them about him. That’s why I’m writing. You’re my person on the street. He writes about male-male relationships, but his writing is transcendent. You will find yourself going, “yes, exactly that.” And the prose is so beautiful! …Check him out. I promise you won’t be sorry.
- AUDIOBOOK LVERS ➜ For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle ebooks are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. !!! VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (next few days & next week’s!!! )
- Steel Rain: A Military Romance Collection by A. Gorman, Carmen Jenner, C.J. Pinar, Danielle Jamie, Delisa Lynn, Elizabeth Miller, Katherine Rhodes, Michelle Graves, Niquel, Renea Porter <— GOING LIVE TOMORROW November 12th 2016 AND!!!
These men and women may fight in the forces which guard our country, but they’re about to declare war on your heart. In this emotional and sexy anthology, ten popular authors deliver stories of sacrifice, hope and redemption, all to bring awareness to the struggle our home grown heroes continue to battle. Don’t miss this irresistible limited edition set.
All digital proceeds from this anthology will aid The Mission Continues. www.missioncontinues.org.
- Drowning on Dry Land: an erotic short story by Megan Hart – November 13th 2016
- Dirty Deeds (An Office Romance #2) by J.L. Beck – November 13th 2016
- Sweet Cheeks by K.Bromberg – November 14th 2016
- Santa, Baby by Lisa Renee Jones – November 14th 2016
- Daring Fate (Silver Tip Pack Book 1) by Megan Erickson – November 14th 2016
- Managed (VIP Book 2) by Kristen Callihan – November 14th 2016
- Fractures in Ink by Helena Hunting – November 14th 2016
- Split by J.B. Salsbury – November 15th 2016
- Beautifully Broken by Laura Lee – November 15th 2016
- The Takedown (The Hookup Book 2) by J.S. Cooper – November 15th 2016
- Turbo Twenty-Three: A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich – November 15th 2016
- Claimed (Nightwind Pack Book 1) by Kele Moon & Laurann Dohner – November 15th 2016
- Beauty and the Billionaire: The Wedding (Billionaire Boys Club) by Jessica Clare – November 15th 2016
- In This Life by Christine Brae – November 15th 2016
- Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty Book 1) by Raine Miller – November 15th 2016
- Dark Crime by Christine Feehan – November 15th 2016
- Mischief and the Masters (Masters of the Shadowlands Book 12) by Cherise Sinclair – November 15th 2016
- Twined Bond (Holly Woods Files, #7) by Emma Hart – November 17th 2016
- Falling For The Billionaire (One Night Stand Series Book 5) by J.S. Cooper – November 17th 2016
- Tristan’s Temptation (Wired Series Book 2) by Sabrina York – November 17th 2016
- Hold My Breath by Ginger Scott – November 18th 2016
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).