<— BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!!! THIS ONE IS LIVE!!!! I’ve been hearing that this one is her best yet… and it JUST WENT LIVE!!! The Empty Jar by M. Leighton and OMG the blurb makes me want to cry… and Brandi LOVED it! :D!!! “The Empty Jar by M. Leighton is LIVE, out early ahead of its Sunday release day!!! This is such a beautifully written and personal story!”
…And this is the ultimate sacrifice. One stunning act of true love. This is our story. Our true love story….
And look at what else went live!! Behind The Hands That Kill (In The Company Of Killers Book 6) by J.A. Redmerski!!! And here’s the “In The Company Of Killers” series order.
Happy Friday and I hope we have a fun-filled reading weekend AND that everyone has a great mother’s day (I think it should be called mother’s weekend). 😉
Some brand new releases that just went live and look so good (like that one there to the left – HOLY MOLY what a blurb) but today is a BIG recommendations day. So many of you are reading different books and loving them. We have so many tried-and-trues to choose from. So I’m still adding to the list (i’ll be adding to it all day) so keep checking back to see what else we’ve found).
P.S. I’m on Instagram. Well I’ve been on there for awhile, LOL! But I’m posting funny pics of me ‘n Pim (my minpin puppy) and… books! She hates photos, but too bad. She’s too cute and I take her picture anyway.
P.P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
JUST WENT LIVE!!
- Taxi (Take It Off series Book 11) by Cambria Hebert <— STANDALONE BOOK & SHE’S KIDNAPPED BY A TAXI DRIVER ALERT & OMG HELP ME!!!! This read sounds AWESOME!!!!!! “…she finds herself captive, at the will of a man who isn’t a driver, but a bona fide psychopath. Trapped in a taxi she can’t escape, Rose begins to panic. As the miles between her and safety grow, hope dwindles. It isn’t until someone else joins her in captivity that her spark of hope is rekindled.Derek is strong, capable, and surely together they can fight their way to freedom. Then Rose finds out exactly why she’s been driven into hell. Derek may be an unwilling captive, but he isn’t going to help her.
In fact, he’s there to do the exact opposite.“
- Blood Instinct (Blackthorn Dark Paranormal Romance Series Book 6) by Lindsay J. Pryor <— LIVE!!! (here’s the series reading order)
- Jack & Coke (The Uncertain Saints Book 2) by Lani Lynn Vale <— MAJOR LOVE TRIANGLE (and he’s married)… “…she traps him into a marriage he wants nothing to do with, saddling him with a kid that he knows doesn’t deserve to be in a world like his. He’s doing a pretty bang-up job at ignoring everything but his responsibilities as a DEA officer and a member of The Uncertain Saints MC. Then his neighbor knocks on his door, and everything he thought he knew is blown out the window…“
- Highlander Unraveled (Highland Bound Book 6) by Eliza Knight
- Head Start (Cedar Tree Book 7) by Freya Barker
- Release (Hold Book 2) by Claire Kent <— Book #2 for that sci-fi dystopian one that I read a week or two ago. Remember the woman that ends up in a prison and has to find a man to protect her?! *gasp* Here’s #2. (my review of #1)
- My Secret Submission by J.M. Witt <— SHE’S A WIFE & MOTHER BUT SHE HAS DESIRES THAT HER HUSBAND WANTS NO PART OF… and then she meets him… “We all have a public life, a private life, and a secret life… He would be mine. We all have a public life, a private life, and a secret life… He would be mine. He was my safe place, my secret escape. He was my Sir. He was My Secret Submission.” And it’s only from HER POV.
- A Perfect Chance by Becca Lee <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! “Lena desires nothing more than to break free from her past and to start afresh. But fear and anxiety threaten to keep her hostage, leaving her frustrated and stifled. The last thing she expects is another brooding man to be her possible way out…“
FIVE-STAR READER RECOMMENDATIONS (and bargain finds!) 😀 (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Aflame: A Fall Away Novel by Penelope Douglas <— SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED!!! Lauren found it for us saying: “Huge sale! I’ve been waiting on this to go down forever!!” and Tessa LOVED it (loves the whole series in fact!)
Tessa: “Aflame is Jared and Tate from Bully a little more grown up. *squees* …I honestly can’t read anything after Aflame… My problem is the first story is so deeply embedded in my heart, other romances aren’t cutting it for me.”
- Intent by A.D. Justice <— Fabi is enjoying this one as we speak!
“I hold my breath as I pull out yet another ovulation predictor stick.” Intent by A.D. Justice <— This is a hidden gem Maryse posted on a list about a month ago. I dropped it into my tbr then and just started reading it now. It has started out with a huge bang. I’m like this ”
“awwww guyyyys, I just finished Intent and I’m sitting here with a goofy smile on my face and all kinds of warm and fuzzies. Yes, yes, when you’re in the mood for a contemporary romance, read it, read it. Hugz all around just because. *grin*”
- When Nothing Is All You’ve Got by Kirsty Dallas <— ANGSTY ALERT! Tessa loved it!
“…finished When Nothing is All You’ve Got. REALLY good. Angsty, but satisfying and the end… *shakes head* It’s a standalone, btw. The whole thing was insane and nuts. Just, yeah. I really, really liked it. I’ve had it on my mind all day, even when I couldn’t read it. Gah, just read it.”
- A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses) by Sarah J. Maas <— Ali is going crazy over this new release!
“Court of Mist and Fury! I’ve been waiting patiently for this and let me tell you it is so intense and addicting! Could not put this down when I bought the Kindle version but also got the Target book version (because there’s a short story in it). No spoilers but ajdaljglajl;a aljladsklj gfad; my heart. Can’t wait until the next book by Sarah Maas.”
- Live For This by Kathryn R. Biel <— SHE’S HOMELESS & HE HAS A SPINAL INJURY!!Look at what Nancy found us at a super-bargain price!! This book sounds SO SO sooooo good, and I just one-clicked it. ;)”Alone and homeless, she encounters Michael Salinger, a man carrying his own baggage in the form of a spinal cord injury, not to mention his former fiancé is marrying his former best friend…”
- Wild and Free (The Three Series Book 3) by Kristen Ashley <— KRISTEN ASHLEY ALERT!! Nancy found us another super-bargain priced one! And MichelleF loves it:
“Reading KA’s Wild and Free right now and loving Abel and Delilah, their families, and all the characters from the previous two books also. I love that feeling of connecting to previous characters and remember their journey and seeing how their story is going to weave into this current story.”
- Reason To Breathe (The Breathing Series, Book 1) by Rebecca Donovan <— AN ORIGINAL FAVORITE OF MINE!! I read this one back in 2011 or 2012 and it was SO good. Heartbreaking and shocking… and what an ending! Yes, an absolute cliffhanger BUT the series is complete now. 😉 Super bargain priced today! (my review)
- That One Night (That One Series Book 1) by Josie Wright <— Kelly recommends this one!! And it’s super-bargain priced on the Kindle Countdown today! She says: “Just read That One Night by Josie Wright and loved it. It’s book 1 in a series. Chock full of comedic characters, chaos and true love.” And while we’re at it, here’s book #2 that was just released: That One Day (That One Series)
- Mr. Perfect: A Mister Standalone by J.A. Huss <— Here’s DG’s pick!
“Finished Mr Perfect by JAHuss and I must say….he is Mr Perfect!!!! LOVED it….shed loads of hottie hot scenes, with a total hottie, a fashion forward and connected + lovable h, and throw in a little bit of a backstory… Add to its a standalone with a whole series to follow…MAN…I can’t wait to meet the rest of Mr Perfect’s crew!”
- Bounty (Colorado Mountain Series) (Volume 7) by Kristen Ashley <— LisaM is another HUGE fan of the latest KA book!
“I just finished Bounty by Kristen Ashley!!! Heavy sigh!! Love love her books!!! Every single one I have ever read just warms me up inside!! Deke!!!!!!! Always in the mood to read one of her books!!! Highly highly recommend this one!!”
- Breaking Him (Dante & Scarlett) (Volume 1) by R.K. Lilley <— EMOTIONAL ROLLER-COASTER ALERT!This one is still super-bargain priced!! Book #2 is already out (and now the “duet” is complete) and Tessa loves it!
“My heart hurts than rejoices, pain than happy. Ugh. Emotional roller-coaster alert! Yep, loving it.”
- The Game Plan (Game On) (Volume 3) by Kristen Callihan <— JenC found us a super-bargain: “The Game Plan (Game On Series Book 3) by Kristen Callihan… 1-clicked so fast…“
- The Fall Up by Aly Martinez <— FUNNY AMAZING BOOK BOYFRIEND ALERT! Lauren found us this one super-bargain priced! And Anne LOVED it!
“Finished The Fall Up and loved it! Sam is my new book boyfriend! Why can’t I find someone like him? Lol Oh and I want a book with Henry. He’s so funny and amazing!”
- Beg Me To Slay by Lisa Kessler <— DEMON SLAYER! And it’s super-bargain priced today! “Four years ago, a strange creature attacked Tegan Ashton and no one believed her. Determined never to be a victim again, she’s devoted her life to martial arts and self-defense. When her assailant returns to finish what he started, she has to find the one man who might be able to help…”
- Vandal (Ashes & Embers Book 2) by Carian Cole <— EMOTIONALLY DAMAGED & MANIPULATIVE ALERT! And Paula found us this super bargain priced book today!
- Forgotten Promises by Jessica Lemmon <— HE JUST GOT OUT OF PRISON ALERT! “Fresh out of jail, Tucker has a score to settle with Baybrook’s crooked chief of police—his own father. Nobody will believe Tucker’s explosive accusations without proof and a good lawyer, neither of which he has on his side. Until he sees someone he used to know, someone who just so happens to be the daughter of the best lawyer in the county…” (super-bargain priced!)
- And for AUDIOBOOK LVERS
- For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —>Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
PRE-ORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- Dear Heart, I Hate You by J. Sterling <— I’M READING THIS ONE NOW & IT’S GOING LIVE IN JUST A DAY OR TWO. So far, I am LOVING it!! Pure contemporary romance, but it aches SO good. They meet on a business trip in a hotel bar, sparks fly, they spend a few days hanging out together, and then they must part. And then… the story really kicks in. I. AM. IN!!!!
- Love Emerged (Love Surfaced) by Michelle Lynn – May 9th 2016
- Reader Abduction (Alien Abduction Book 7) by Eve Langlais – May 9th 2016
- His to Love: A Fireside Novel by Stacey Lynn – May 10th 2016
- Glitter on the Web by Ginger Voight – May 10th 2016
- Falling Under You: A Fixed Trilogy Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Laurelin Paige – May 10th 2016
- Make Me Feel by Beth Kery – May 10th 2016
- Danger, Sweetheart by MaryJanice Davidson – May 10th 2016
- His to Love: A Fireside Novel by Stacey Lynn – May 10th 2016
- Conflicted by Ruby Black <— This one’s written by a NYT Best Selling author (but she’s writing under a new pen name) – May 10th 2016
- Wrong Place, Right Time (The Bourbon Street Boys) by L.A. Casey – May 10th 2016
- Honor Me (Men of Inked Book 6) by Chelle Bliss – May 10th 2016
- Hetch (Men OF S.W.A.T Book 1) by River Savage – May 11th 2016
- Forget You, Ethan by Whitney G – May 12th 2016
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).