HAPPY FRIDAY AND HAPPY LONG WEEKEND to many of us!! 🙂 Also, almost Happy Valentine’s Day!!! 😀 I hope you all have an amazing weekend full of relaxation or exhilaration or both. Today’s list is HUGE (new and recommendations alike) so if you’re looking for something to read this weekend… we’ve got it!!
P.S. Today’s newsletter sponsor giveaway!! ➔ Becker Gray’s “Callous Prince” is live and we have an excerpt and a $50 Gift Card Giveaway!!!
TODAY’S BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST 😀 !!
- 2 years ago, we made this list! Our Favorite “Brother’s Best Friend” Romance Books
- 3 years ago, I 4.5 STAR LOVED this one (one of my favorite authors!!) Book Review – Forever Right Now by Emma Scott
- 3 years ago today, this psych-thriller/creepy-ish neighborhood had me on edge!! Book Review – Neighborly by Ellie Monago
- 5 years ago we made this list that tempted so many of us, and scared many others. LOL!!! The “I’ll never forgive you for recommending this to me” hardcore angst book list
- 6 years ago today, look who I interviewed!! Exclusive Sylvia Day Video Interview
- 8 years ago today, this book (and eventual series) had us all going crazy!! Book Review – Arouse: A Spiral of Bliss by Nina Lane
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK! TASHA J LOVED IT!!!
Tasha J: I finished The Four Winds. It was exceptional. I’ve been waiting for this feeling. I told my hubs recently that while I’ve rated several books 5 stars lately, I miss that feeling of being truly blown away and boy did this exceed my hopes!
I cried, a few times actually. So devastating and brutal to read, but also the perseverance and hope push you forward. The humanity or lack thereof gives glimpses into our society today as well.
I don’t think I’ve quite read anything of historical fiction that touched on the rights of the people who fled to California in The Great Depression and a bit of the political aspects of it. Powerful read. 5++ stars
- The Prince’s Bride: Beginning Forever by J.J. McAvoy <— BOOK #3 IN THE SERIES!! “…With the fairytale wedding now over and the reality of their new roles placed on their shoulders, can Gale and Odette survive the sea of politics, family secrets and scandal that awaits them? Can they still be true to themselves and their hearts? The whole country…even the world is watching and not everyone is happy for them.…”
- Benjamin Lennux: BWWM, Arranged Marriage, Billionaire Romance (Tycoons From Money Book 17) by Monica J Charles <— LIVE!!
- Mary Angela’s Kitchen by Karen A. Chase <— LIVE!!
- Runaway Series by Devney Perry <— FIRST THREE BOOKS in the series ARE SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED!!!
- Final Serenade (The Encore Book 1) by N.N. Britt <— THIS ONE MADE MY BEST OF 2020 List, and now KIM LOVED IT!
Kim: Saw your review and I had to read. Stayed up all night I absolutely loved it. I just want to hug Frankie. He was so sweet. I’m onto book two cause that ending OMG!!!!
- There’s a Woman (The Guitar Face Series Book 6) by Sasha Marshall
- Collide: A Flippin’ Fantastic Romance by Stephanie Shea
- I Kissed an Earl (and I Liked It) (That Wicked O’Shea Family Book 1) by Merry Farmer <— LIVE!!
- Don’t Kiss the Bride: An Age Gap, Marriage of Convenience Romance by Carian Cole <— BACK ON THE LIST ’cause Josie (and Ran!!) loved it too!!!
Josie: Just wanna share
New Release Favorite:
Don’t Kiss the Bride by Carian Cole
Age Gap romance 🙂
Hand hugs that’s all I’m going to say.
Maryse: Oooooh what are hand hugs??? INTRIGUED!!! 😀
Ran: If love an age gap done right, then you need to read “Don’t Kiss the Bride” by Carina Cole. The story is unusual and was a refreshing change. So I second Josie’s recommendation. 5 star read for me.
Shaleen: Just completed it…It was so realistic…. loved it, 5 stars from me as well.
- Reclaiming His Queen by Sage Young <— LIVE!! THE PRINCE ONCE BROKE HER HEART!! “...Charlotte Preston’s heart shattered into a million pieces when the man she loved and trusted walked away. Since then she has closed her heart to love. So, when she discovered her current fiancé cheating, it was easy to move on. With her past behind her, she and her best friends boarded a cruise ship for what she thought would be fun in the sun, until she came face to face with her heartbreaker…”
- Heaven’s Devil: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance by Storm Song <— LIVE!!
- Keeping The Biker (Royal Bastards MC: Charleston, WV Book 4) by Glenna Maynard <— LIVE!!
- How to Save a Life by P. Dangelico <— RECENT RELEASE & BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE LISA M IS LOVING IT!
Lisa M: I just reading How to Save Life & I am HOOKED!!!!
- Lords of Pain (Dark College Bully Romance): Royals of Forsyth University by Angel Lawson and Samantha Rue <— LIVE!! REVERSE HAREM DARK/BULLY ROMANCE ALERT!! This is the first book in the series. “…Killian, Rath, and Tristian aren’t the only ones who want me. There’s someone far more dangerous out there who’s been stalking me since I left town the first time. Someone who makes the evil I know feel less dangerous than the evil I don’t. But being their Lady is more than just fancy clothes and reputation. I might be under their protection, but I’m also at their mercy…”
- Meet Me in Montana series by Kelly Elliott <— MICHELE G & KATHY ENJOY THIS SERIES!!
Michele G: I just realized I’m now two books behind in Kelly Elliott’s Meet Me in Montana series. I read the first two, but these recent ones snuck by me! Thanks for including them Maryse…I really like this series.
Kathy: I love this series too! I have read all in Kelly Elliott’s Series except the new one!!
- Command: An Everyday Heroes World Novel (The Everyday Heroes World) by Amélie S. Duncan <— LIVE!!! HER EX IS NOW A COP… “…nothing prepared me for the sight of Nathan Donleavy wearing a uniform. After all this time he still made my knees weak and my mouth water— for a split second I couldn’t help but remember happier times. Then his badge caught the light and reminded me that this wasn’t some walk down memory lane. He was a cop and we were standing on opposite sides of the law. I see the way he looks at me…I didn’t need his pity then, and I don’t need it now…”
- The Rogue’s Countess: A Reckless Rockwoods Novel : Reluctant Rogues (Reckless Rockwoods Novels Book 2) by Monica Burns <— LIVE!!!
- Built to Fall: A Rock Star Romance by Julia Wolf <— KATHY RECOMMENDS THIS ONE!
Kathy: If you are looking for a rockstar book, I read one over the weekend that was recommended by the author L.B. Dunbar. It was Julia Wolf’s Built to fall. Definitely worth the read.
- Craving Cinderella: My Curvy Valentine by Frankie Love <— LIVE!!
- Don’t Taunt Me (Broke & Bullied Book 3) by Kai Juniper <— LIVE!!
- Hunter (Revenge & Legacy Book 1) by M.C. Cerny <— LIVE!!
- Rebels and Runaways: Eden Academy Book One by Grace McGinty <— LIVE!!
- Throne of Vengeance: An Arranged Marriage Mafia Romance (Throne Duet Book 2) by Rina Kent <— DUET CONCLUSION ALERT!! “…The road to the throne is paved with loss, betrayal, and blood baths. To win, we go all in. Our lives included…”
- The Lost Siren: Rise of the Drakens Book 1 by Raven Storm <— LIVE!!!
- How to Fire an Action Hero: A Secret Hearts in Hollywood Novella by Susanna Rose Green <— LIVE!!
- Brutal Captor I: Russian Mafia Arranged Marriage Romance (Dark Romance Book Series 1) by Amber Adams <— LIVE!!!
- Virgo (The Zodiac Queen Book 6) by Gemma James <— LIVE!!
- The Escape Room: A Novel by Megan Goldin <— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! I JUST ONE-CLICKED THIS ONE SO HARD!!! OMG!!!
Kathy: I’m not really a thriller reader but I have to admit that this one sounds good. It is on sale… and is called The Escape Room by Megan Goldin.
Maryse: OHHHHH AWESOME DEAL!!!! I’m adding it and I wanted it. THANK YOU KATHY!!
Nay: So excited to try to finish The Escape Room today. I’m at 65% and still loving it.
Nay: I finally finished The Escape Room and I really enjoyed it. It was completely different from what I expected–it didn’t have as much of an escape room as a game feel as I expected, but there’s a definite cleverness to it, even if you may have to suspend belief a bit here and there.
Shirley: The Escape Room. SO good!! I have never heard of this Author before. This lady can write!
Michele G: Yes! I enjoyed The Escape Room too!
- Fighting For You (The Callahans Book 5) by Monica Murphy <— LIVE!!! MONICA MURPHY BLURB JOLT ALERT!! SHE FOUND OUT HE’S CHEATING ON HER & NOW SHE’S PREGNANT!! “…Diego Garcia. Class bully. Football star. My boyfriend. I fell hard and fast for the resident bad boy and he fell just as hard for me too. We were the perfect couple, until things turned sour. Senior year and we’re both super busy. He has football. I have volleyball. Soon enough, I hear the rumors – Diego’s cheating on me...”
- Kiss Me by Kat Baxter <— LIVE!!
- Let’s Kiss by Barbra Campbell <— LIVE!!
- MONY RECOMMENDS THIS AUTHOR:
I have her book Absinthe on my TBR list & will definitely be reading this one…
- Fractured (Recovery Enforcement Division Book 2) by Cheyenne McCray <— LIVE!!
- Mister Temptation (Bachelor International Book 1) by Tara Sue Me <— LIVE!!
- Callous Prince by Becker Gray <— ENEMIES TO LOVERS!!! SHE’S TRYING TO AVOID HIM… “...He’s arrogant. Intolerable. Cruel. From the moment we exchanged our first glance, Lennox Lincoln-Ward has been out to destroy me. So I keep my head down at Pembroke Prep, and I stay out of the Hellfire Club’s way. Even so, Lennox finds me…” P.S. The author is today’s newsletter sponsor giveaway!! ➔ Becker Gray’s “Callous Prince” is live and we have an excerpt and a $50 Gift Card Giveaway!!!
- Crew by Melody Anne <— LIVE!! MELODY ANNE ALERT!! “…Crew’s world is knocked off its perfect axis when a letter comes in the mail telling him he has a child, and if he ever wants to find her, or have a chance of meeting her, he needs to pay five-million dollars to a go-between. If he goes to the law, he’ll never find out who the child is…”
- All the Pretty Lies by Melissa Toppen <— HE USED TO IGNORE HER BUT NOW HE HAS AN OFFER… “…imagine my surprise when out of the blue, after nearly four years of pretending like I don’t exist, he offers to swoop in and save the day by promising to help me catch the eye of the boy I’ve been pining after for nearly two years. The only catch… I have to lie. To everyone. Pretending to be his girlfriend turned out to be a lot easier than I thought it would. I was surprised by how well I fit into his world, and how well he fit into mine. Before long though, the lines between fake and real started to blur. I began to see Callum as more than just Norwood High’s star football player and manwhore extraordinaire…”
- Escape (The Covington Heights Crew Book 1) by Deana Birch <— SUPER-BARGAIN TODAY!! CRIMINAL UNDERGROUND IN HER NEIGHBORHOOD & SHE’S TRYING TO STAY OFF THEIR RADAR! “…they’ll keep the girls from their neighborhood safe—for a price. No money? No worries. They have quite creative payment plans. Messed up? Yeah, they know. They’re criminals. Twenty-one-year-old Fiona Thompson was happy to stay off the radar of the twisted drug dealers who encourage her mother’s habit. She’s sure that she can work her way out of Covington and find a better life for herself and her baby sister. But then she beeped. Loud…”
JulieO: Looks good. YES PLEASE!!!!!
- You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle <— COMEDY ROMANCE SUPER-BARGAIN & it sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!! “…When your nemesis also happens to be your fiancé, happily ever after becomes a lot more complicated in this wickedly funny, lovers-to-enemies-to-lovers romantic comedy debut...”
Tracy: One of my favorites from last year.
Harper: I finished You deserve each other last night and really enjoyed. For me, it was the right amount of comedy and light-heartedness. It gave me the chance to think about the way we act sometimes and the way it is perceived by other people. I don’t want to give anything away, but I recommend.
Ashley: I listened to ‘You Deserve Each Other’ by Sarah Hogle and it was really really good! It’s about this couple that are trying to get the other one to end their engagement so they don’t have to pay for non refundable wedding bill. It was really witty, funny and had the best banter! It made me laugh and smile a lot. …such a good story!
Lisa: Thanks for sharing this! I just got it!
- Can’t Run From Love by Monica Walters <— LIVE!! FRIENDS-TO-LOVERS!! “…Kyla Taylor is an independent woman, who is doing her best to make a loveless relationship work. At least, it’s loveless on her end. All her life, she has tried loving the wrong men, expecting to have a connection similar to the one she has with her best friend, Nicholas Sheffield. While she is aware of his love for her, the closeness of their families and the age difference between them are factors that cause her to keep her distance. However, a trip to visit her family has her trying to rationalize her decision about keeping him in the friendzone…”
- Demon Marked: Book 1 of the Venandi Chronicles ( An Urban Paranormal Romance Series) by Sara Snow <— LIVE!!
- Only Once: A Second Chance- Celebrity Romance by Ashley Munoz <— LIVE!! HER EX IS NOT A FAMOUS ACTOR & HE SHOWED UP WHERE SHE WORKS!! “…I assumed he wouldn’t even recognize me, not with the actress on his arm and the crowd pressing in around him. Ryan Prince didn’t just recognize me; the angry tilt of those lips on that too perfect face told me he remembered exactly what I did when I left. I thought maybe this was a gift, a way to put the past to rest…but the look on his face told me he had plans to dig up everything that was unfinished between us…”
- The World Apart Completed Series (The World Apart Series Book 5) by Robin D. Mahle <— SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! **All four books in The World Apart Series plus an extended prequel AND *Exclusive* Bonus Content!** Can two broken souls fix a world that’s been shattered?
- The Seduction of Mr. Yarnsby (The Humphries Series Book 2) by Hildie McQueen <— LIVE!!
- Split by JB Salsbury <— SUPER-BARGAIN TODAY!!! THRILLER WITH A TWIST?? “...Lucas spent the first half of his life protecting himself from others, but now his own mind is his biggest enemy. He doesn’t know what happens when the blackouts overtake him, but he can recall the feelings—the rage, the confusion, the fear. Thankfully the quiet life he’s found in Payson, Arizona has kept the darkness at bay. Until his boss’s estranged daughter shows up in town..”
- MONY’S LATEST RECOMMENDATIONS!
Wolf Girl by Leia Stone, Just finished and I really loved it. It’s a Cinderella type story about young werewolves, where the upcoming alpha has to choose a mate. Well done. YA, low angst, good world building and the H is adorable. Just what I needed. 4-5★
Re-read Exodus (Book #2 Ravenwood series) in preparation for Book #3, The Finish Line (recently released). Exodus was just as amazing as ever…maybe even better than the first time around! 5★+
Sound of Silence by Dakota Willink…a GR group read. About a newlywed and her new husband Ethan and the unveiling of Ethan’s secrets. !!! Very intense…in fact too much for me (I am a big wuss). Great for those who like scary! The GR group loved it.
Ride with Me by Ruthie Knox – A great enemies-to-lovers slow burn romance about two pro cyclists, Tom and Lexie, as they complete the Trans-American Trail. Paced just right with good writing and hot sweaty MCs. Down to earth, real. Bonus was learning about cycling, the terrain across several states and what it takes to do this trek. Recommend. 5★
- A Modern Fairytale: Four-book, limited-time collection by Katy Regnery <— SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! “Now available in a limited-time* boxed collection, four of Katy Regnery’s beloved, award-winning modern fairytales, including full-length novels inspired by: “Beauty & the Beast,” Hansel & Gretel,” “Camelot,” and “The Little Mermaid.”
Steph N: The Vixen and the Vet surprised me with how much I loved it.
Leslie M: The Vixen and the Vet? Great swoony, broken hero story.
Lauren: Never Let You Go is one of my favorite books of 2015. I’ve already re-read it a few times.
Jillian: Never Let You Go is a great book. Interesting take on Hansel and Gretel woven into an nontraditional love story.
MichelleS: I just read never Let You Go. I won’t forget it, that’s for sure. Very cool retelling of Hansel and Gretel – what if two kids got “taken” and then formed a bond? Yup. Pretty cool.
- Wildflower (Cricket Kendall Book 2) by Willow Hadley <— LIVE!! HER MAGIC IS GETTING STRONGER & SHE’S BEFRIENDED THREE HOT WEREWOLVES!! “…As her eighteenth birthday looms closer and closer, her magic and abilities grow stronger than she ever imagined they could. Theo, Hollis, and Cas do their best to help and support her, but tensions are high between the long-time friends. Between miscommunication, keeping secrets, and the tentative hope that one—or all—of them might end up being Cricket’s mate after her birthday...”
- The Carneys Collection: A Boston Irish Dark Mafia Romance by Sophie Austin <— SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!
- Run This Town: The Complete Series by Avril Ashton <— SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!
- The Burning Girls by C.J. Tudor <— RECENT RELEASE PSYCH-THRILLER THAT I’m dying to read!! And Michele G says it’s creepy!!
Michele G: I’m reading The Burning Girls right now. The creep factor is absolutely there and I love it!!
Maryse: I WANNA READ THAT!!!!! I’m dying to know if the creep-factor lasts the whole way. 🙂
Michele G: Maryse, I finished The Burning Girls and definitely recommend it. I’ll be giving it 4 1/2 stars. It was a creative and creepy book with a strong plot. I really enjoyed it!
- Betting on Love: A Second Chance New Adult Romance by Kani Sey <— LIVE!! “...Despised and constantly degraded, Binta can’t wait to leave home when she discovers her family never wanted her. She is determined to cut a path and succeed in her life without love and emotional connections. Until she bumps into her former best friend, Bass…“
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
Shirley: I’m currently listening to In Five Years and its SO good on Audible!
Maryse, you need to read/listen to The Moonlight Child by Karen McQuestion. Highly recommend! I couldn’t stop listening!
Maryse: Okay I just saw The Moonlight Child and that is RIGHT UP MY ALLEY!!!!!!! Thank you, Shirley!!! Psych-thriller here I come!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Heart Of Darkness by Stephanie Hudson – February 14th 2021
- Beguiled: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel (Betwixt & Between Book Three) by Darynda Jones – February 15th 2021
- A Court of Silver Flames (A Court of Thorns and Roses Book 4) by Sarah J. Maas – February 16th 2021
- Vitale by M. Robinson – February 16th 2021
- Like You Love Me (Honey Creek Book 1) by Adriana Locke – February 16th 2021
- Hard to Score (The Play Hard Series Book 3) by K. Bromberg – February 16th 2021
- Submission Impossible (Masters and Mercenaries: Reloaded Book 1) by Lexi Blake – February 16th 2021
- Hack (The Covington Heights Crew Book 2) by Deana Birch – February 16th 2021
- My One Week Husband by Lauren Blakely – February 19th 2021
- Two Forces: Crescentwood 2 by R.A. Smyth – February 19th 2021
- Claiming 10: Boys of Tommen #4 by Chloe Walsh – February 21st 2021
- Tequila Rose by Willow Winters – February 23rd 2021
- The Crush by Penelope Ward – February 22, 2021
- The Last True Gentleman (True Gentlemen Book 12) by Grace Burrowes – February 23rd 2021
- Magic Misled (The Lizzie Grace Series Book 7) by Keri Arthur – February 23rd 2021
- Quiet in Her Bones by Nalini Singh – February 23rd 2021
- The Marriage Pass by Briana Cole – February 23rd 2021
- Make It Sweet by Kristen Callihan – February 23rd 2021
- Conjugal Visits (Souls Chapel Revenants MC Book 2) by Lani Lyn Vale – February 23rd 2021
- Candy Colored Sky by Ginger Scott – February 26th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!