HAPPY FRIDAY!! I have a nice long weekend ahead of me and it’s loaded in stuff to do!! So excited. 😀 So any reading I’ll get in will likely be at night, and hopefully I don’t fall asleep before I get properly into it. Speaking of which… I’m still trying to decide which book I’m going to choose as my next read.
I’m thinking one from this list, in fact. The Four Winds is CALLING ME!!!
TODAY’S BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST 😀 !!
- 2 years ago, and even now… we were hooked on this trope! Reader Recommendations – Our favorite “Older Man, Younger Woman” romance books
- 2 years ago, I reviewed this creepy child psych-thriller! Book Review – Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage
- 3 years ago, I rounded up our Favorites Lists: Reader Favorites – All of our Best Books of 2017!
- 5 years ago, I read this marital strife… love triangle book! Book Review – Slip of the Tongue by Jessica Hawkins
- 6 years ago, after so many recommendations, I finally read this one! Book Review – The Hurricane by R.J. Prescott
- 7 years ago today, I read this super-dark kidnap/Stockholm syndrome book and then it was banned! Book Review – Her Master’s Courtesan by Lily White
- 8 years ago, I 5-starred another Experiment in Terror book!! Book Review – And With Madness Comes the Light by Karina Halle
- 9 years ago, I went CRAZY for this one (and book #2)!!!!!! HOLY MOLY DID I! Book Review – Playing for Keeps (A Neighbor from Hell Novel) by R.L. Mathewson
- 11 years ago, I was devouring and LOVING Cat and Bones!!! Book review – “Halfway to the Grave” by Jeaniene Frost and Book Review – “One Foot in the Grave” by Jeaniene Frost
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- Candy Colored Sky by Ginger Scott <— GINGER SCOTT YA!!! He’s always been in love with his neighbor… “…when Eleanor’s younger sister goes missing and the national media sets up camp in the middle of their street, the girl with the seemingly perfect life shows up in Jonah’s garage in search of a place to hide from the hurt and chaos. What begins as one night becomes many filled with unexpected surprises and unveiling, healing truths about Jonah’s own messy past. Soon, Jonah gets to know the real Eleanor, and discover all the ways they’re the same…”
- This Broken Wolf: Soul Bitten Shifter Book 2 by Everly Frost
- Outfoxed: Urban Fantasy Reverse Harem by Skye Cavanagh
- Her Fated Mates (House of Wolves and Magic Book 2) by Helen Scott
- The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE LINDA (and Melissa and Becky) LOVED IT TOO!
Linda: The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah was epic!!! No spoilers here but tissues required!!
Maryse: Okay I think THIS will be my next one. Both you and my book twin (Tasha J) went crazy for it, so it must be for me!!! 😀
Melissa: Just finished this book…it was a really good read. Far different than what I normally read!
Becky: Everyone should read this book right now. I went through the entire gamut of emotions.
- Until Tomorrow Comes: A Dark Mafia Romance (Beauty in Lies Book 1) by Adelaide Forrest <— DARK MAFIA ROMANCE!! “…With one look, Isa captivated me. She consumed me, drawing me into her world without ever knowing the dangers of mine. I intend to make her mine, no matter what lies I need to tell to manipulate her into falling in love with El Diablo. It should be simple enough, but secrets lurk in the depths of her multicolored eyes, and I’ll do anything to understand what broke her before I had the chance. Because she’s mine to break…”
- Dark Wizard: a Dark Fantasy Romance (Bonds of Magic Book 1) by Jeffe Kennedy
- Brutal Captor II: Russian Mafia Arranged Marriage Romance (Dark Romance Book Series 2) by Amber Adams
- Bride & Seek (Enchanted Bridal Book 4) by Samantha Chase <— SHE HAS TO HELP PLAN HER EX’S WEDDING! GASP!! “…Just because she didn’t get her own happy ending, doesn’t mean she’s any less committed to helping other couples find theirs. And a new job with the event coordinator at a gorgeous mountain resort is the perfect way to do just that. It would be the perfect fresh start if not for her first assignment: helping her cheating jerk of an ex and his new fiancée plan their wedding…”
- Gilded Tears: A Russian Mafia Romance (Kovalyov Bratva Book 2) by Nicole Fox <— DUET CONCLUSION!!!
- Gypsy Heart by Ann Lister <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Cup of Joe (Bold Brew Book 1) by Annabeth Albert <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Song for the Dead: An Ada Palomino Novel by Karina Halle <— KARINA HALLE ALERT!! Spinoff of Experiment in Terror!!! FIGHTING DEMONS WHILE NURSING BROKEN HEARTS TOGETHER!! “…My name is Ada Palomino. By day, I’m studying my ass off at design school in Portland, Oregon. By night, I’m slaying demons and ghosts who have dared to slip through the Veil. Or at least, that’s what I should be doing. The problem is Jay, who also happened to be my immortal guardian and now ex-boyfriend, was banished from being with me. And now my new trainer is a previously dead friend of mine that I helped bring back to life. With both of us nursing broken hearts, we embark on a road trip to New Orleans to help him win back his long lost love...”
- The Coach Next Door (Laketown Hockey Book 3) by A.J. Wynter
- Rookie Move (Indianapolis Eagles Series Book 9) by Samantha Lind
- Big Man on Campus: an Enemies to Lovers College Romance (Big Men on Campus Book 1) by Stephanie Queen <— BAD BOY JOCK & HE’S STUCK ON A GIRL THAT’S HIS NEMESIS!! “…the one girl on this campus I want doesn’t give a sh*t about football. She thinks bad boys are, well, bad. Worst of all, she’s my nemesis from back home. It’s messed up that I’m stuck on Joni, because she’s the biggest threat to my goal of winning the Heisman Trophy…”
- Confessions of a Cop by Lexi Noir
- Breaking Free (Delta Force Strong Book 4) by Elle James
- Gulf Coast Secrets (Blackbird Beach Book 2) by Maggie Miller
- Played by the Rockstar: A laugh out loud rom com escape! (Mile High Rocked Book 1) by Christina Hovland <— SHE’S A WAITRESS & HE’S A ROCK STAR!! “…He’s looking for something—anything—to keep him occupied until they can all get back to making music. When he saunters into his friend’s bar, he finds the perfect diversion. Becca’s presence is a breath of fresh air. The sizzle she ignites in him is precisely what he needs. Bonus: no-stress, no-strings hookups are his specialty. But when things between them tip toward serious, his band implodes, and Becca’s leave of absence ends, they’re forced to decide what their “real” lives should look like…“
- Crazy For You by S.B. Alexander
- Tainted Rose: A High School Bully Romance (Rosehaven Academy Book 2) by Leila James
- Hotshot: An Everyday Heroes World Novel (The Everyday Heroes World) by Jenna Hartley
- Darynda Jones <— JODY LOVES DARYNDA JONES!!
Anyone been reading Darynda Jones’ Betwixt and Between series? I love it. But then I’m drawn to books about witches and magic. It’s got a different take, as compared to other books I’ve read, so far I like it. I read the first two over the weekend and finished the third the same day it was released. Now the wait for #4…
Maryse: Wow you are devouring them so they must be good!!!! I haven’t read anything by Darynda Jones yet, but I know her Charley Davidson series is HUGE and often recommended.
Jody: I LOVED the Charley Davidson series. I didn’t start it until all the books were out except for the last one. So I got to burn through them at my rate. I definitely want to own those.
I have read the first book in the Sunshine Vicram series. It’s been a long wait for book 2. I think over a year by the time it’s out. I recommend all 3 series.
Mony: thanks for the recommendation Jody! I loved A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram, #1)! Love her writing. Just the teensiest bit of magic in this book.
- Whole Lotta Love (A Calamity Falls Small Town Romance Novel Book 8) by Erika Kelly NANCY WANTS US TO KNOW ABOUT THIS ONE! She’s going to be the host of a cooking show, and the injured football star will be her co-host. Eeeeeeep! “...Lulu nails her audition, but before she can pop open the champagne, the producers drop a bombshell: they’re giving her a co-host. Sparks fly when Lulu and Xander compete for the spotlight. And when a tight filming schedule forces them together around the clock, their sizzling chemistry starts a blaze that can’t be quenched…”
Nancy: ACTION CALL! The amazingly talented author Erika Kelly is in Houston with no internet or electricity. If you are up and running and can help share her release today, it would be greatly appreciated! Stay warm, everyone!
- Undertow: A Forbidden Love College Sports Romance (Rising Tides Book 1) by Kaia Knight <— I MISSED THIS ONE ON RELEASE DAY SO HERE IT IS NOW! “…When Gabriel dives off a cliff to save Kailani, neither expected to be swept away by more than the current. …Grab this slow-burn, action-packed story of forbidden romance today.“
- Ground Zero (Heroes For Hire: Missions Book 1) by Jessika Klide
- The Fight In Us: A Brother’s Best Friend College Romance (The Four Book 4) by Becca Steele
- The Alaskan by Bill Burrows <— ANOTHER NEW RECOMMENDATION BY NANCY!
Nancy: I Love Reading Alaskan Books! Have not read many lately but just finished one… a good Alaska Romance Book that can be read by teenagers or adults. It was sitting in my TBR list, until my husband had started reading it & he told me it was very good. After I got into the story there is lots of adventure & mystery. I finished it rather quickly!
- Leave Him Loved: A Swoony Small Town Romance by Harloe Rae <— JUST WENT LIVE & NANCY LOVED IT!!
Nancy: It starts out with a slow-burn, but when it catches fire it is blazing hot. There is plenty of chemistry between a gorgeous country boy from Bampton Valley, Iowa and the pretty girl from the Big City of Minneapolis.
…He seemed to be just as taken with Audria as she was with him. She fast became Reeve’s dream girl and he became her idea of a “perfect” boyfriend. Their only problem was a major one. Her teaching contract was a temporary one. When it ran out so did her time in Bampton…
- Savage Liar: A Dark Mafia Enemies to Lovers Romance (Sinfully Savage) by Kristen Luciani <— HE KIDNAPPED HIS ENEMY’S SISTER!! “...she’s my captive not my plaything. I need to keep my mind and my hands off the leather-clad siren to protect my empire, no matter how badly I want to punish her for running her smart mouth. I will claim her. Break her. Use her. Jaelyn, you will be mine...”
- Magical Midlife Madness: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel (Leveling Up Book 1) by K.F. Breene <— AFTER HER HUSBAND LEAVES HER, SHE’S STARTING OVER IN A TINY TOWN… “...Eager for a fresh start, I make a somewhat unorthodox decision and move to a tiny town in the Sierra foothills. I’ll be taking care of a centuries old house that called to me when I was a kid. It’s just temporary, I tell myself. It’ll just be for a while. That is, until I learn what the house really is, something I never could’ve imagined. Thankfully forty isn’t too old to start an adventure...”
- And I Love You the Most (This Love Hurts Book 3) by W. Winters <— RECENT RELEASE TRILOGY CONCLUSION & NANCY WAS HIGHLY ANTICIPATING IT!
Nancy: This is the third and final book in the This Love Hurts trilogy. I have been waiting for this one!!!!
- My Saving Grace (Vested Interest: ABC Corp Book 1) by Melanie Moreland
- Wolf Spell: Shifters Bewitched #1 by Tasha Black
- The One That I Want (Scorned Women Society Book 3) Piper Sheldon
- The Return of the Queen Complete Series by L.A. Grant <— SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! “…She’s never fit in, but didn’t exactly think it was because she’s the literal stuff of legend. When a sword-wielding maniac and a giant boar try to kill her, four handsome knights save her, and tell her she’s their lost queen. Just like that, she’s whisked away into a world of shifter knights and magic...”
- Cowboy Protector (Cowboy Confidential Book 2) by Lori Wilde and Kristin Eckhardt
- Cowboy Seeking a Second Chance (Cowboy Classifieds Book 2) by Janice Whiteaker
- Taking Control: A Billionaire Boss Romance (Playboys of New York Book 4) by JA Low
- Shh… It’s a Secret (Baby) by Annie J. Rose
- Ménage in Manhattan: The Complete 5-Book Ménage Romance Collection by Tara Crescent <— SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!!! “…I wasn’t supposed to want both men. But I couldn’t choose. What if I didn’t have to? If you love steamy ménage romance that’s all about her, grab this Complete 5-book Ménage in Manhattan collection…”
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
These just went LIVE!!!
- Played by the Rockstar: A Laugh Out Loud Rom Com Escape! (Mile High Rocked, Book 1) by Christina Hovland
- Magical Midlife Love: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel (Leveling Up, Book 4) by K.F. Breene
- Wild Fire: A Chaos Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Kristen Ashley
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Wedding Game by Meghan Quinn – March 1st 2021
- Infinite by Brian Freeman – March 1st 2021
- The Affair: A Novel by Danielle Steel – March 2nd 2021
- When He’s An Alpha (The Olympus Pride Book 2) by Suzanne Wright – March 2nd 2021
- Every Last Fear: A Novel by Alex Finlay – March 2nd 2021
- A Discovery of Secrets and Fate (Chronicles of the Stone Veil Book 2) by Sawyer Bennett – March 2nd 2021
- Covet (Crave Book 3) by Tracy Wolff – March 2nd 2021
- Dotted Lines (Runaway Book 5) by Devney Perry – March 2nd 2021
- When He’s An Alpha (The Olympus Pride Book 2) by Suzanne Wright – March 2nd 2021
- Chain of Iron (The Last Hours Book 2) by Cassandra Clare – March 2nd 2021
- Life After Death: A Novel (The Coldest Winter Ever Book 2) by Sister Souljah – March 2nd 2021
- Underboss: A With Me In Seattle Mafia Novel Kristen Proby – March 2nd 2021
- Bridge of Souls (City of Ghosts #3) by Victoria Schwab – March 2nd 2021
- Left to Envy (An Adele Sharp Mystery—Book Six) by Blake Pierce – March 2nd 2021
- Later by Stephen King – March 2nd 2021
- We Begin at the End by Chris Whitaker – March 2nd 2021 <— Michele G LOVED THIS!!
Michele G: Maryse, I just finished We Begin at the End by Chris Whitaker yesterday. Absolutely amazing! Gave me serious Where the Crawdads Sing vibes.
It wasn’t set near the coast and wasn’t the same time period…it was all in the character development. I really loved it. I believe it releases on 3/2…but I had to pop in and let you know.
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!