P.S. My TikTok name is @MarysesBookBlog (nothing’s on there yet, but it’s coming!!)
TODAY’S BLASTS FROM THE PAST!!
- 1 year ago today, these questions started my Maryse’s Book Blog FAQ! Reader Question – How do I find what I’m looking for on Maryse’s Book Blog? and Reader Question – Can you tell me how to add a photo in my profile on Maryse’s Book Blog?
- 4 years ago, my sister reviewed this post-apocalyptic series! Guest Review (my sister!!) – Wool by Hugh Howey
- 5 years ago, I went crazy for this “sort of” bully-book! Book Review – Paper Princess by Erin Watt
- 6 years ago, we all went crazy for this incredible slow burn! Book Review – Kulti by Mariana Zapata
- 8 years ago, I read this billionaire romance (when that was pretty much ALL I was reading 😉 ) Book Review – Being Me by Lisa Renee Jones
- 9 years ago, I was still reading paranormal and I 4.5 star loved this one! Book Review – Love is Darkness by Caroline Hanson and Book Review – Love is Fear by Caroline Hanson
- 11 years ago, I 5 STAR loved this one and laughed my butt off!!! Book Review – The Undead Next Door by Kerrelyn Sparks
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
➔➔➔ ALSO!! THE APRIL FIRST READS ARE UP!!!
- I Pucking Love You by Pippa Grant <— LIVE!! PIPPA GRANT HOCKEY STAR ALERT!! SHE NEEDS A DATE… “…I don’t need a date to a wedding. I need a date to a funeral. Clumsy sometimes fits, but then, that’s true for all of us, right? But adorable? No. Misunderstood? Nope again. I’m just your average girl, standing in front of a funeral invitation, asking it to be a winning lottery ticket instead. And I don’t have a brother, or a best friend with a brother available, which means I’m stuck with Tyler Jaeger. Sure, he’s a professional hockey player who also knows advanced calculus, but let’s say we’re not compatible and leave it at that. I should know. I am a matchmaker…”
- Sixpence and Selkies (Manners and Monsters Book 5) by Tilly Wallace <— LIVE!!!
- We’re Made of Moments: A Small Town Single Dad Romance (Cole Creek Book 1) by Molly McLain <— LIVE!!!
- The Midnight Library: A Novel by Matt Haig <— MONY’S HUSBAND ENJOYED THIS ONE!
Mony: My husband read Midnight Library – another award winner- and thought it was very good. He’s usually a harsh critic so that says something…
- Hunting Ember (Pride of Alphas Book 1) by Milly Taiden <— LIVE!!!
- WOLF ENDANGERED: A Shifter Romance (Willow’s Forbidden Pack Book 2) by Avery Song <— LIVE!!!
- MONY HAS READ THESE DARK READS:
Some of my dark reads… They were good & a couple left a deep impression, but now I need “light”.
- The Devil & The Devil’s Advocate by Ashley Jade,
- Priest by Sierra Simone, and
- Huss’ new book Sick Heart (a favourite author).
Now reading some indie & less well known books –
- The Spy Who Loved Me…Sort Of,
- Mostly my Boss, Mostly My Girlfriend by S. Doyle,
- Dirty Dancing at Devil’s Leap & Malcolm & Isabel – both by Julie Ann Long (last book rec from Jan).
- Also the third book in Blair Babylon’s Maxence series – Prince – decent writing with some hawt stuff 🔥. Definitely feeling lighter…
- Bitter Vows: A Twisted Arranged Marriage Romance (Crimson Falls Duet Book 1) by Dani René <— LIVE!!! “…A contract had been signed. An agreement had been made. She was mine. And I never lose my possessions. However, my Little Red is not what I was expecting—sweet and submissive. She’s fire to my ice, and together, we will detonate…”
- Healing Hearts: A friends with benefits, small town romance (Hope River Book 3) by Margaret McHeyzer <— LIVE!! “…We started out as friends with benefits, we were never meant to be anything more. I was content with how we were, but feelings developed and Charlie was asking for something I couldn’t give. However, my past is standing in the way. He wanted all or nothing… Losing him isn’t an option...”
- Eve Langlais <— TESSA LOVES THIS AUTHOR!!!
Tessa: I gotta give love to another author. No new book or anything, but I discovered Eve Langlais during this pandemic and her humor was a godsend. No matter how crappy the day (Over a year with the kid not going to school, just distance learning. YUCK! The first day was yesterday), her books had me giggling.
- Our Finest Hour <— LIZ LOVED ONE THAT HAS BEEN ROCKING THE AMAZON CHARTS!
Liz: Our finest hour, never read it. Don’t remember wanting to read it. I read it and loved it. I read it because she had a tik Tok and I immediately bought it and loved it. Maryse you need a tik tok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maryse: Gosh Darnit, I know it. I’m scared of the TikTok. LOL!!!! Fine… I’ll start. 😂 Is it hard? Okay I just downloaded it. Maybe I will do a book box reveal video to start later… (@MarysesBookBlog)
Liz: Oh my gosh so excited. It’s not hard at all. Colleen Hoover is over there too she cracks me up. Ok I’m following and waiting patiently. You could also do something funny with you and Travis your number 1 bookboyfriend
- Replay: Second Chance Sports Romance by Amy Daws <— LIVE!!!
- Kingdom of Shadow and Light (Fever Book 11) by Karen Marie Morning <— SERIES CONCLUSION!!! MichelleS FINISHED IT!
MichelleS: Howdy y’all. I’m popping in to say HI.
I just finished the last book in the Fever Series, A Kingdom of Shadow and Light. It’s finally done. I love it when a series is over, but it also makes me sad. I miss the characters and the world. It wrapped up super quick in the last quarter of the book, Like WHAM…. all wrapped up. Wasn’t expecting that. Anyone else stay with the series to the end?
Jan: I gave up on the series a while ago, even though I did like the first few I read. Maybe I should go back and try the last few. I know what you mean about finishing a series. Totally mixed feelings.
Tessa: I still have to read Shadow and Light. The last book really made me happy, honestly. Wrapping up the character’s storyline like that just… so happy. 😀 But now I’m scared to read this one knowing it’s the last. lol
Mony: wow, quite the accomplishment! I also find it hard to say goodbye to characters in a series 🙁
- The Bridge Kingdom by Danielle L. Jensen <— MichelleS LOVED IT!!!
MichelleS: The Bridge Kingdom – LOVED IT!! Totally a must read for Sarah J Maas fans. Now to see what you’ve been reading and loving.
- Tempted by Deception: A Dark Marriage Mafia Romance (Deception Trilogy Book 2) by Rina Kent <— LIVE!!!
- All Rhodes Lead Here by Mariana Zapata <— RECENT RELEASE AND KELLY & MONY LOVED IT!
Kelly: I just finished reading All Rhodes Lead Here by Mariana Zapata and it was amazing!!! She is so the queen of the slow burn and it was everything you would want and more. The story was really good and OMG Rhodes!
Mony: I loved this book! My favourite trope is enemies to lovers and Zapata delivers with Rhodes as the grumpy hot DILF. 🙂
And, as usual with Ms Z, it’s the kind of book where I had to be patient to read about all the changes and growth in Aurora, Rhodes and his son Amos (with great secondary characters). She did a great job, and I enjoyed and savoured all the bits as the story unfolded.
I felt the same as Harper about the last quarter or so..that part was too long and was disappointing in bringing it all together. But then I thought, so what…the book was really good!
Overall, I’d say this is an epic and beautiful love story about the evolution of two complex and interesting people. 4-4.5 stars for me.
Much better than Hands Down!
- Maybe Baby Box Set (Maybe Baby Series Book 5) by Andrea Smith <— COMPLETE SERIES BOXSET SUPER-BARGAIN!!!
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Not Pretending Anymore by Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland – April 12, 2021
- Vampire: A Dark Protectors/Rebels Novella by Rebecca Zanetti – April 13th 2021
- When the Stars Go Dark: A Novel by Paula McLain – April 13th 2021
- How to Catch a Duke (Rogues to Riches Book 6) by Grace Burrowes – April 13th 2021
- The Venice Sketchbook: A Novel by Rhys Bowen – April 13th 2021
- Bombshells by Sarina Bowen – April 13th 2021
- What You Never Knew: A Novel by Jessica Hamilton – April 13th 2021
- Near You by Mary Burton – April 13th 2021
- Man Eater: A romantic suspense by January James – April 15th 2021
- Words We Never Say by Heidi Dischler – April 18th 2021
- The Last Night in London by Karen White – April 20th 2021
- Hour of the Witch: A Novel by Chris Bohjalian – April 20th 2021
- State of Affairs by Marie Force – April 20th 2021
- The Son of Mr. Suleman: A Novel by Eric Jerome Dickey – April 20th 2021
- Autumn Night Whiskey (Tequila Rose Book 2) by Willow Winters – April 20th 2021
- Lodestone by Katherine Forrister – April 20th 2021
- Mirrorland by Carole Johnstone – April 20th 2021
- Lover Unveiled by J.R. Ward – April 20th 2021
- The Crown of Gilded Bones by Jennifer L. Armentrout – April 20th 2021
- Quit Bein’ Ugly (The Southern Gentleman Series Book 3) by Lani Lynn Vale – April 20th 2021
- The Perfect Daughter: A Novel by D.J. Palmer – April 20th 2021
- Chaos and Love: College Sports Romance Stand-Alone (Campus Hotshots Book 2) by Michelle A. Valentine – April 20nd 2021
- The Virgin Rule Book (First To Score 1) by Lauren Blakely – April 23rd 2021
- The Healing by Lynda Faye Schmidt – April 23rd 2021
- Broken French: A widowed, billionaire, single dad romance by Natasha Boyd – April 26th 2021
- Bad Intentions (Intentions Duet Book 1) by Ella Frank – April 26th 2021
- Mafia King: A Mafia Royals Novella by Rachel Van Dyken – April 27th 2021
- Finding Ashley: A Novel by Danielle Steel – April 27th 2021
- Find Me: A Novel by Alafair Burke – April 27th 2021
- From the Embers by Aly Martinez – April 28th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!