HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!! I have my weekend planned out and I’m so happy the weekend is finally here!! 😀 What are your plans, and will you be reading? And of so… what are you reading?
TODAY’S BLASTS FROM THE PAST!!
- 1 year ago, we made this list!! Our Favorite Book Boyfriends
- 2 years ago, I 4.5 STAR LOVED this Emma Scott book! Book Review – A Five Minute Life by Emma Scott
- 4 years ago, we were still talking about Book Boyfriends! LOL! Reader Confession – If you were to write a “book-boyfriend personals ad” what would it say?
- 4 years ago, I finally read this amazing g 5-STAR masterpiece!!!! Oooooof so often recommended and boy did it deliver (and there’s my reaction video on it, too)! Book Review – God-Shaped Hole by Tiffanie DeBartolo
- 5 years ago, I read this one from one of my favorite authors! Book Review – One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- 6 years ago, I read this much-loved comedy romance!! Book Review – The Virgin Romance Novelist by Meghan Quinn
- 6 years ago, I also went to the RT Book Lovers Convention and it was AMAZING!! My trip to the RT Book Lovers Convention 2015 – Recap Part 1…
- 7 years ago, I was introduced to the awesomeness that is Aly Martinez! 4.5 stars for my Book Review – Changing Course by Aly Martinez
- 8 years ago, I interviewed an author that we were going crazy for!! Behind the Books – An Interview with Samantha Young
- 9 years ago, I was falling for this gritty & bossy biker!! Currently Reading… Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- Deliverance (The Deviant Hearts Book 2) by N. N. Britt <— ROCK STAR ROMANCE!!! “…Almost no one knows she’s on the run from a violent past. But when handsome drummer Zander enters her life and rattles all her defenses, she can’t deny the fact that their chemistry is through the roof. Problem is, she’s not sure she’s ready to dive into a relationship. Especially since her divorce isn’t finalized yet...” P.S. Want a chance to win a signed copy of both the books in this series? N.N. Britt – Deviant Hearts Series Reading Order + two signed books giveaway!
- Stalking Gideon Cain by Kerry Alan Denney
- Trust: A Friends-to-Lovers Rockstar Romance (Full Moon Book 1) by Stacy Stone
- Queen Of Sins: A Vampire King Paranormal Romance (Transfusion Book 12) by Stephanie Hudson
- The Soulmate Equation by Christina Lauren <— RECENT RELEASE & BACK ON THE LIST ’cause we have feedback!
Cézanne: It was super cute to me!
- All Rhodes Lead Here by Mariana Zapata <— RECENT RELEASE & BACK ON THE LIST ’cause Melinda & Sandi loved it!
Melinda: Hi Maryse, I’m currently on holidays in Western Australia a place called Margaret River where they make fantastic wines. Have great surf and sharks. 😬
Anyway in between my holiday I read All Rhodes lead here. Loved it Amazing 5 stars for me. Mariana Zapata builds the characters and you feel that deep connection with them, you feel their pain, happiness and building of relationships. It’s as if the characters become family.
Sandi: I loved All Rhodes Lead Here!
- The Monster Keeps Me Safe by Kitty Thomas <— KITTY THOMAS DARK READ ALERT!! “…At some point, right before my memory clicked off, the nightmare fairy must have paid the world a visit. Everything is just… gone, a tangle of blank confusion. And now I live in a castle. Every little girl’s dream, right? Except it’s not. It’s twisted and abandoned and fake. I’m supposed to be safe here with my husband, but how can I be safe when I don’t remember him? How can I be safe when he feels so wrong? Then a new monster comes to take me to a new life and a new cage far from the castle and the promise of safety…“
- Enticed by an Alien Warlord (Fated Mates of the Ferlaern Warriors Book 1) by Ava Ross
- Chosen by the Alien Dragon: A Fated Mates Sci Fi Romance by Ava Hunter and Milly Taiden
- Take A Chance: A Love Triangle Romance (Jersey Girls Series, Book 1) by S.J. Rosalie <— NANNY IS CAUGHT IN A LOVE TRIANGLE!!!! YES PLEASE! 😉 “…It’s tough working for a man like Carter Anderson. For one, there’s a stick up his ass, and two, he makes me weak in the knees with every passing glance. To keep my live-in nanny job secure, Bossman is off-limits, but it isn’t easy when he enjoys pushing them. There’s someone who can keep me on track, and that’s Cole Scott, my boss’s associate. His charm alone can sweep a girl off her feet, and with those icy blue’s stirring my insides, how can a girl refuse a date. Our connection is loud and clear, but our forming relationship can’t catch a break…”
- In Living Color: A Contemporary Multicultural/Interracial Romance by Margo Diamond
- Roommates with Complicated Benefits by J. S. Cooper
- Northern Escape (Northern Rescue Book 1) by Tonya Burrows <— NANCY FOUND US THIS SUPER-BARGAIN ALASKA ROMANCE!!! “…When Ellis Hunter enlisted in the Army at eighteen, he put Alaska—and his womanizing drunk of a father—in his rearview mirror. He promised himself he’d never return, but even he can’t resist Bree’s panicked plea for help. If she’s hell-bent on trekking into the bush to find his father, then he’s determined to go with her. But Ellis isn’t the only one shadowing Bree’s rescue attempt… When the search for answers leaves Ellis and Bree trapped together in the wilds of Alaska, they’ll have to put aside their differences—and an attraction hot enough to melt glaciers—to survive the elements…”
- Devil You Know: A Dark Mafia Enemies to Lovers Romance (The Diavolo Crime Family Book 2) by J.L. Beck and C. Hallman
- Making Their Vows by Jessa Kane <— HE’S AN UNDERGROUND FIGHTER & SHE GOES TO PREP SCHOOL!! “…The moment Grace Foster locks eyes with the brutally beautiful underground fighter, she knows her life is never going to be the same. There is something about North Whitlock that makes her temperature rise dramatically, her scruples vanishing into thin air. They are drawn together like magnets, despite their obvious differences. Grace attends a wealthy prep school while North must fight to survive.…”
- Axe’s Devotion (Devil’s Riot MC: Southeast Book 3) by E.C. Land
- Written in the Beat (Heart Beats Book 1) by Breanna Lynn
- Forbidden by Karla Sorensen <— WIDOWED SINGLE FATHER FIGHTER & UNREQUITED LOVE!! “…The former fighter is a lot of things- a devoted single dad, a widower trying to start over, and a watchful presence that knocks her off her very capable feet. To make matters worse, Isabel had a crush on him for the entirety of her teenage years. Doodles in her diary, and letters declaring her admiration—while never sent—haunt the absolute crap out of her now that she has to face him every single day. She’s not the only one affected…”
- Feels Like Love (Feels Like Falling Book 3) by J. S. Cooper
- Matchmaker (Empire High Book 4) by Ivy Smoak
- Amusement : A Stalker Romance by Albany Walker <— SHE’S A STRIPPER & HE’S STALKING HER!! “...the moment she walked into my club, she became mine. She just didn’t know it. I’ll be the one to ruin her, and she will love every second of it. My life seems rather simple from the outside. I’m the devoted daughter of a former rodeo champion, but my boots are firmly planted in the dirt of our family ranch. I never wanted to follow in my mother’s footsteps and perform in the arena. I’ve never craved the spotlight. But an accident changed everything. Now I spend my nights on a stage and my days in the barn. Dancing has paid the bills for the past two years, but no one knows my secret. Or so I thought…”
- THE COMPLETE STARS DUET by Amie Knight <— NANCY FOUND US THIS ONE!!! Here’s a snippet from her 5-STAR review:
Nancy: THE COMPLETE STARS DUET by Amie Knight is now a box set & Live!
…Amie Knight’s writing does not disappoint! Her writing shines like the stars in this tale of two-star-crossed-lovers.
…They both have changed drastically from what they were after all those years apart. Two different people then when they spent magical time under the stars.
Adam is now a successful businessman and she is just a shadow of her former self. But whatever made the changes in these two star gazers they still wanted to be “them against the world!”
No matter wherever they were, he wanted to be in her space. Even after all these years they were two magnets drawn to each other…
- Reclaimed Love (The HeartFelt Series Book 1) by Alina Lane <— HER PENPAL BROKE HER HEART!! “...With a pen pal like you, who needs enemies? It’s bad enough that you broke my heart twelve years ago, but you’re the one who won’t let it go. I returned every letter, declined every call, deleted every email. What I didn’t tell you was that I wanted to read every letter, almost answered every call, and have craved you ever since I left...”
- The Proposition by Judith Ivory <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE & JAN ENJOYED THIS ONE!!
Jan: I recently read and enjoyed The Proposition by Judith Ivory for a GoodReads group Book of the Month. It’s an oldie but goodie. Published in 1999, but it hasn’t dated. A historical romance, Victorian era. It’s kind of a Pygmalion story (as in the movie My Fair Lady) with the genders reversed.
Get this, at the start, the hero is a RATCATCHER. IK,R? I nearly gave up when I realised that. But I stuck with it, and it turned out to be a great read. The ending was not what I expected. But a lovely HEA of course. (Otherwise, why else would I read romance LOL).
- Infernal Sin (Primal Sin Book 3) by Ariana Nash <— M/M ROMANCE!!! “...As the lies of the ancient past come crumbling down, Severn and Mikhail must harness their differences and unite two warring races. They must fight for truth and for love, together. Or all of London will fall...”
- Nathan: An MM Romance (Johnson Family Rules Book 2) by Carly Marie
- Sacrifices: A Multicultural Arranged Marriage Romance (The Cold Fire Series Book 1) by Rose B. Mashal
- Snake: Sacramento California Chapter (Battle Born MC, book 1) (Sacramento California Battle Born MC) by Scarlett Black
- From Rags by Suzanne Wright <— WAREESHA RECOMMENDS THIS ONE!
Wareesha: I just read a book that wasn’t from the trope, like at all…. but it was really good so I just wanted to shout it out (figuratively… which I’m sure you already got…) it’s “From Rags” by Suzanne Wright! Also, thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it!
Christine: From Rags… I love-love that book. …I’ve never seen anyone else but me mention this book treasure. ❤️❤️❤️
Dannika: I actually have three books on sale:
- SEVEN YEARS, and the
- CROSSBREED BOXED SET. The boxed set is limited time and goes off sale 5/27.
MichelleS: Love the Crossbreed series. Must. Get. Caught. Up. Christian Poe is just so yummy with his accent & vampire hotness.
Robyn: I’m sneaking in to report that Christian Poe, in Gaslight, is not disappointing me. He’s one smexy Irish Vampire! If you haven’t read Dannika Darks Crossbreed series you are so missing out!
Sabrina: straight onto Crossbreed series and i just can’t get enough.
Tessa: Dannika Darks Crossbreed series! So excited!
Rebecca: Just bought it! Love a good vampire story!
- Thicker than Blood by Madeline Sheehan & Claire C Riley <— SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED AND MUCH LOVED IN OUR CREW!!
Amy: MichelleS, you have to read Thicker Than Blood. HAVE. TO. I’m serious. It’s typical Madeline Sheehan, but more like her Holy Trinity series than her MC series. It will make your heart ache in a couple of parts but it’s SUCH a great story with some hope at the end. Will you read it? Pretty pretty please?? *folds hands under chin and bats false lashes*
Tasha J: Michelle S- I loved Thicker Than Blood- one of my favorite dystopians ever. I loved that it was more about the bond between the girls and survival with just a touch of romance. And I felt the characters were well written and relatable. That book got me out of a funk and put me right back in one, lol.
MichelleS: I’m hafway through Thicker Than Blood. I have no clue why I abandoned it months ago, because it is awesome! I should have guessed – Madeline Sheehan… I mean really? That girl can write.
Jean: Yes, Thicker Than Blood….. total tearjerker and guess who recommended it to me? You guessed it….Amy!!!!!! Yoohoo Amy, did you hear me cursing you all the way over there on the west coast? Yeah, Thicker Than Blood…..why do you do that to me? The ending killed me!
Amy YES to Thicker Than Blood. Definitely YES. That book needs some love aside from mine around here. 😉
Tasha J: Haha, I loved Thicker Than Blood, ending and all. One of my favorite dystopian reads. I also read Beneath Blood and Bone and there’s this part in it that I still have a question about and drives me crazy, though it’s a spoiler. I don’t think I can read book 3 though.
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Grumpy Cowboy: A Hot Single Dad, Enemies-to-Lovers Romance by Max Monroe – May 22nd 2021
- For Lucy by Jewel E. Ann – May 23rd 2021
- Tie Me Down: A Small Town Friends to Lovers Romance (Bellamy Creek Series Book 4) by Melanie Harlow – May 24th 2021
- Dream Spinner (Dream Team Book 3) by Kristen Ashley – May 25th 2021
- Wildflower Season: A Novel (The Carolina Girls Book 1) by Michelle Major – May 25th 2021
- A Fate of Wrath & Flame by K.A. Tucker – May 25th 2021
- Malibu Rising: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid – May 25th 2021
- All My Darkest Impulses (House of Crows Book 1) by Lisa Unger – May 27th 2021
- Fog Descending (House of Crows Book 2) by Lisa Unger – May 27th 2021
- Circling the Drain (House of Crows Book 3) by Lisa Unger – May 27th 2021
- Love the Way You Lie (House of Crows Book 4) by Lisa Unger – May 27th 2021
- Good To Be Bad (Good In Bed Book 2) by Lauren Blakely & Lili Valente – May 28th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!