So that said, I’m still working on this post for the next couple of hours, so keep checking back, ’cause it will be loaded in tried-and-true AWESOMENESS.
BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST!
- 1 year ago, we wanted steam, shifters and good plots! Reader Recommendations – Our Favorite Smart & Steamy Shifter Romance Books with a Great Plot!
- 2 years ago…. we were DARING! Reader Recommendations – Books that took us out of our comfort zone…
- 3 years ago, I read one from one of my favorite authors! Book Review – Someone Else’s Ocean by Kate Stewart
- 4 years ago, I read one from one of my favorite authors! Book Review – The Difference Between Us by Rachel Higginson
- 4 years ago, I read one from one of my favorite authors! Book Review – Gwendy’s Button Box by Stephen King & Richard Chizmar
- 5 years ago, I read one from one of my favorite authors! 😉 See a theme going on all of the sudden? LOL!!! I was on fire at the end of the July each year… 😉 Book Review – Anything but Minor by Kate Stewart
- 5 years ago, my sister’s reading was on fire too! Guest Review (my sister!!) – Deviation (The Imitation Series, Book 2) by Heather Hildenbrand
- 6 years ago, I made this and it’s one of my most popular posts! Maryse’s Ultimate List of Book Lists!
- 6 years ago, I read one from one of my favorite authors! Book Review – Rush by Emma Scott
- 6 years ago, I LOVED this movie recommendation! “In Your Eyes” Movie Review
- 6 years ago, we wanted to pine… HARD! The Ultimate List of Slow Burn Romance Books
- 7 years ago, I read one from one of my favorite authors! Book Review – Lead by Kylie Scott
- 7 years ago, I read this HIGHLY recommended reader recommendation! Book Review – Fighting Destiny by Amelia Hutchins
- 8 years ago, this was my TBR list! My current TBR (to be read) list… in pictures!
- 9 years ago, we went crazy for this one… but there was something that kept me thinking… Book Review – Fall From Grace by Christine Zolendz
- 10 years ago, this book made us lose our minds! And I said some choice things right in my review even though I gave it 5 stars anyway. BOY WAS I FREAKING OUT!!!!!! Book Review – How to Kill a Rock Star by Tiffanie DeBartolo
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- Dare You (Dare to Try Book 1) by Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE ELLA FRANK & BROOKE BLAINE ALERT! THE FIREFIGHTER SAVED HIM! “...Sebastian “Bash” Vogel, the magnetic, cross-dressing CEO of AnaVoge, has long been a lone island when it comes to his personal life. Self-assured and playful, he’s never left wanting for suitors—but Bash isn’t looking for something permanent. He’s more than fulfilled with his company and his closest friends, and no one is going to shake up the status quo. That is, until he’s thrown over the shoulder of one of Chicago’s finest and hauled out of a burning building...”
- Monster Baller: A Single Dad Sports Romance (Bitsberg Knights Duet Book 1) by KB Winters <— LIVE!!
- Cowboy Bounty Hunter (Cowboy Confidential Book 3) by Lori Wilde and Kristin Eckhardt <— LIVE!!
- Wolf Marked (Magic Side: Wolf Bound Book 1) by Veronica Douglas <— LIVE!!
- The Right Side of Wrong by Prescott Lane <— LIVE!! SINGLE MOM AGE GAP ROMANCE!! “…My heart doesn’t care that I’m ten years older. There’s no age gap in how she makes me feel. My heart doesn’t care that she’s a single mother. It just makes more room. My heart doesn’t care that she’s got secrets of her own. It’s used to keeping mine…”
- The Timepiece and the Girl Who Went Astray: A thrilling new time travel adventure by O.R. Simmonds <— LIVE
- Charlotte: Soul Sisters Book 1 by Nicole James <— LIVE!!!
- City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare <— KAREN LOVES THIS SERIES!
Karen: Reading the final book of Cassandra Clare’s Shadowhunters series, “City of Heavenly Fire’. It is amazingly good!
- Fish out of Water (Scandal in Sweet Side – A Hot and Hazardous Romantic Comedy Book 1) by Josie Watts <— LIVE!!
- Mafia Daddy (Russian Protectors Book 2) by Aster Rae <— LIVE!!
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate <— HEART-WRENCHING & LISA LOVED IT!!
Lisa: I just finished Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate…so well-written and so heart-wrenching. I put it off for a long time because I knew it was going to take an emotional toll and it did…but it was worth it.
Michele G: Before We Were Yours was excellent!
Tasha J: Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate- 5+++ stars for me. This one’s my favorite for 2017, hands down. I’ve never read Lisa Wingate before, but I’ll definitely be looking into more of her work. For ME (my opinion) it was as good as The Nightingale. COMPLETELY different stories, but all the feels were there for me…
- The Lies Between Lovers (The Beast of Moscow Book 2) by Bethany-Kris <— LIVE!!
- Behind Closed Doors: A Novel by B. A. Paris <— DOMESTIC PSYCH-THRILLER!! Tammi just finished this one (and OMG YES!! IT. WAS. CRAZY!!! Here’s my 4.5 STAR Book Review)
Tammi: Ok, it was creepy but fantastic. What an absolute psychopath
Jennifer: So good!!!!!!
Nikki: This book still creeps me out. Soooo good!!!
- Dallas (The Wildflower Series Book 2) by Rachelle Mills <— BACK ON THE LIST ’cause is loving it!
Genevieve: I am reading Dallas, bk 2 Wildflower series, by rachelle Mills. I am loving it and Rya’s journey of growth so much. I can’t believe they are shifters, they are much more. She is me. 😍
Shaleen: …Dallas is book boyfriend material…
- Just The Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James <— CELEBRITY ROMANCE!! Teresa recommends it!
Teresa: Have you read Just The Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James? A great scene in that one where the BFF is gobsmacked when the movie star walks in the heroine’s house.
- Flame and Blade by Meredith Hart <— LAURA IS LOVING THIS SERIES!
Laura: Dark Waters (Flame and Blade 3) by Meredith Hart. A swoon worthy fantasy romance series with well-written and unique characters. September is too long to wait for the final book.
- Burn (Fuel Series Book 3) by Ginger Scott <— LIVE!!! GINGER SCOTT’S LATEST!! TRILOGY CONCLUSION SO YOU CAN DEVOUR IT WITH GLEE! **Burn is the third and final book in the brother’s-best-friend, friends-to-lovers Fuel Series by Ginger Scott. This second-chance romance completes this angsty, steamy, new adult trilogy.
- Silver Silence by Nalini Singh <— DANIELLE IS RE-READING!
Danielle: I’m rereading Silver Silence by Nalini Singh.. And it’s fantastic.. Not my favorite of her Psy-Changeling series but it’s still a great book!
Danielle: lol.. That’s why I’m on Silver Silence, I decided to reread them all before getting into Last Guard.. Kinda wish I’d started with Silver Silence rather than Slave to Sensation though. I’m getting anxious for Last Guard lol
Elaina: oh I bet! I hadn’t planned a reread, but I just love Ethan and Selenka.
- Where We Went Wrong by Kelsey Kingsley <— TEARJERKER ALERT!! AIMEE LOVED IT!
Aimee: Another tearjerker!!! I was bawling my eyes out!!! It was in the same series by Kelsey Kingsley it actually is supposed to be before the Scars and silver Linings
Called Where We Went Wrong
It has addiction and the female character is a medium….
- Real (Lost Red Wolves Book 2) by Amy Bellows <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- The Poison Thread: A Novel by Laura Purcell <— ALISSA LOVED THIS ONE! “...when she meets one of the prisoners, the teenaged seamstress Ruth, she is faced with another strange idea: that it is possible to kill with a needle and thread–because Ruth attributes her crimes to a supernatural power inherent in her stitches...”
Alissa: I just finished The Poison Thread. It was fantastic Gothic horror
- The Vicious Vet: An Agatha Raisin Mystery (Agatha Raisin Mysteries Book 2) by MC Beaton <— AUTHOR MAGAN VERNON IS LAUGHING! I love when authors are reading too!
Magan: That time I forgot what I was reading…OH its an Agatha Raisin book. Vicious Vet maybe? It fulfills my medical professional category for the library reading challenge. It makes me laugh
- Red Thorns by Rina Kent <— SHANNON IS READING THIS ONE!! HE MADE HER TWISTED FANTASY COME TRUE!! “…Sebastian Weaver is the star quarterback and the college’s heartthrob. Rich. Handsome. Bastard. Everyone’s attention flocked toward him and all the girls dreamed to be with him. Not me. At least, not until he made a move on me. See, I thought I was stronger than Sebastian’s charms...”
Shannon: Red Thorns by Rina Kent … A dark story but so far it’s great!
- Comatose (Vixen Bluff Book 1) by Catherine Black <— SUPER-BARGAIN & NANCY LOVED IT! NEW MALE NURSE caring for a coma patient (victim of her own doctor assigned to her that she was once in a relationship with… GASP!!)
Nancy: …When requested on the 3rd floor is when he meets the “Coma Girl” for the first time. Alex doesn’t realize that Shaye can hear and understand every word while still unable to wake up.
Every visit with this girl makes it feel like they have a connection. Every time he walks away from her, he can practically hear Shaye begging him to stay…”
- Loyal Lawyer: A Standalone Novel by Jeannine Colette & Lauren Runow <— LIVE!! HE’S A LEO!!! Her ex causes her trouble, so she tries to call him but mis-dials… And Nancy 5-star loved this one too!
Nancy: …She had deleted his phone number & had dialed from memory. This is how she found Sebastian Blake, who happens to be one of the best lawyers in Philadelphia.
Sebastian Blake is perfect. He is everything she always wanted in a man…
- Whispered Prayers of a Girl by Alex Grayson <— RECENT RELEASE & NANCY 5-STAR LOVED THIS ONE TOO!! HE’S RECLUSIVE & WANTS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYONE & SHE’S A WIDOW STARTING OVER IN HIS TOWN…
“…This is where she has taken a teaching assignment and rented a home. Hoping for a new beginning.
Alexander David Christenson is a very broken man with scars on the outside and inside as well. He hides away on his horse farm with his faithful dog Gigi. Only going to town for supplies when he absolutely has to. It is at the grocery store that he first meets Gwen.
She has forgotten her wallet and he impatiently pays her bill so he may leave the store. Fate has brought them together and she is not done with them yet…”
- A Crowe’s Song by Leddy Harper <— RECENT RELEASE & NANCY ALSO 5-STAR LOVED THIS ONE!!
Nancy: …They met one Fourth of July on a dock that belonged to Black Bird Resort. She was a guest and he was the son of the owner. They felt like they always knew each other and had an electrifying connection. They spend every moment they could together. In fact, it was like they were being coordinated by powers beyond their control.
It was as if Fate had schemed with Destiny and was devising a elaborate plot to bring them together. It was a slow beginning to their romance, but that first kiss was a life changing first kiss. Regardless of how either of them felt, it would not change the fact that she couldn’t stay and he couldn’t leave…
- Suit (Sex/Life Book 4) by B.B. Easton <— TERTTU (my original book-bud) is back this week and STILL LOVING this series!
Terttu: Currently reading BB Easton’s Suit and I just got to tell you that I’m loving these individual books off these 4 men and I’m still crying my eyes out and have a lump in my chest because of the first one. So so so goooood! 👌
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- We Shouldn’t by Vi Keeland <— SALE PRICED IF YOU’RE AN AUDIBLE MEMBER!!!
- The Naked Truth by Vi Keeland <— SALE PRICED IF YOU’RE AN AUDIBLE MEMBER!!!
- Drunk Dial By: Penelope Ward <— SALE PRICED IF YOU’RE AN AUDIBLE MEMBER!!!
- When August Ends By: Penelope Ward <— SALE PRICED IF YOU’RE AN AUDIBLE MEMBER!!!
- Grayson’s Vow By: Mia Sheridan <— SALE PRICED IF YOU’RE AN AUDIBLE MEMBER!!!
- The Score By: Elle Kennedy <— SALE PRICED IF YOU’RE AN AUDIBLE MEMBER!!!
- Stay By: Elle Kennedy, Sarina Bowen <— SALE PRICED IF YOU’RE AN AUDIBLE MEMBER!!!
- Pieces of Her By: Karin Slaughter <— SALE PRICED IF YOU’RE AN AUDIBLE MEMBER!!!
- The Air He Breathes By: Brittainy C. Cherry <— SALE PRICED IF YOU’RE AN AUDIBLE MEMBER!!!
- Midnight Blue By: L.J. Shen <— SALE PRICED IF YOU’RE AN AUDIBLE MEMBER!!!
- Kiss the Stars By: A.L. Jackson <— SALE PRICED IF YOU’RE AN AUDIBLE MEMBER!!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Apology Project: A Novel by Jeanette Escudero – August 1st 2021
- Heart of the Highlands: The Raven: Prequel (Protectors of the Crown) by April Holthaus – August 1st 2021
- The Woods Are Always Watching by Stephanie Perkins – August 3rd 2021
- Monkey Around by Jadie Jang – August 3rd 2021
- A Lesson in Vengeance by Victoria Lee – August 3rd 2021
- Gods & Monsters (Serpent & Dove Book 3) by Shelby Mahurin – August 3rd 2021
- Dark Roads: A Novel by Chevy Stevens – August 3rd 2021
- Cul-de-sac: A Novel by Joy Fielding – August 10th 2021
- Viral by Robin Cook – August 17th 2021
- Complications: A Novel by Danielle Steel – August 17th 2021
- The King of Faerie (Stariel Book 4) by AJ Lancaster – August 19th 2021
- Game Changer (Field Party) by Abbi Glines – August 24th 2021
- Where I Left Her: A Novel by Amber Garza – August 24th 2021
- Winning With Him (Men of Summer Duet Book 2) by Lauren Blakely – August 27th 2021
- There Was an Old Woman by June Summers – August 30th 2021
- True Dead (Jane Yellowrock Book 14) by Faith Hunter – August 31st 2021
- Breaking Badger (The Honey Badger Chronicles Book 4) by Shelly Laurenston – August 31st 2021
- The Royals Next Door by Karina Halle – August 31st 2021
- The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!