HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! I hope everyone has an amazing weekend whether you’re hoping for fun and adventures, peaceful and cozy, or loaded in reading time! 😀 Speaking of which, we’ve found and gathered some amazing book recommendations AND a few new releases!!
Today’s “Blast From Our Book Past” highlights,
- 1 year ago today, we made this list! Our favorite books featuring childhood friends to adult lovers
- 3 years ago today, I reviewed the first book in this forbidden love trilogy!! Something in the Way by Jessica Hawkins
6 years ago, today, these were my choices for this question: Ten books that have stayed with me in some way…
- 7 years ago today, we built this list! These books were so good, that we forgot to eat! Part one…
- 8 years ago today, this one hurt me!! Book Review – The Dom of My Dreams by M.F. Sinclair
- 9 years ago today, I enjoyed her brooding, rugged, loner of a new neighbor! Book Review – Sweet as Sin by Inez Kelley
P.S. Make sure to check out today’s newsletter sponsor!! Blair Babylon’s latest release “One Night in Monaco” is LIVE and it’s on sale today!! <— She gives us awesome detail about his new series and her writing process. 😀
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- EXTENDED THROUGH AUGUST!!! ➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. 😲👏👏👏 WE ARE LOVING IT!
- A Guy Walks Into My Bar by Lauren Blakely <— LIVE!! LAUREN BLAKELY M/M HOCKEY STAR & BARTENDER ROMANCE ALERT!!! “...Every bartender should follow one simple rule—don’t go home with the customers. That’s been easy for me to stick to, until the night a cocky, confident, and sinfully charming hockey star walks into my bar. This sexy athlete is too hard to resist, especially when he makes it clear how much he wants the “sarcastic, witty, hot AF” guy behind the bar—also known as me...”
- How to Catch a Bachelor: A wake up married MM romance (Chester Falls Book 4) by Ana Ashley <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Crescent Wolves (Supernatural Shifter Academy Book 1) by G. Bailey and Regan Rosewood <— LIVE!!
- That Forbidden Life: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel (Blackwell Djinn Book 4) by Nikki Kardnov <— LIVE!!
- Wolf Bonded (Wolfish Book 1) by Eden Beck
- Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover <— RECENT RELEASE & LIZ & ASHLEY LOVED IT!!
Liz: I just finished Heart Bones, it was absolute perfection. There is nothing I would change about it. I sure had my doubts when I was in the middle of it, but the beauty of it all emerged.
I imagine that Colleen started the book and got her inspiration with A line from her book. “There’s a saying from Maya Angelou that reminds me of our situation. When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time”.
My heart bones sure felt this one.
Ashley: Ok I’m sure you are on it, but gah! You have to read Heart Bones immediately. She’s done it again! It’s one of those books where I feel like I need to take a reading break because it’s not fair to the other perfectly wonderful books if I read them next. It’s that good. Ahhh
- Boys of Preston Prep series by Angel Lawson and Samantha Rue <— MARYVIC RECOMMENDS THIS SERIES!!
Maryvic: Hi Maryse! Happy Friday! I hope this is the right place to put this but I would love to make a book rec, two actually, because I believe they deserve more attention.
The books are written by an author duo Angel Lawson and Samantha Rue called Devil May Care and A Deal With The Devil, a series featuring different couples from the same world/high school setting.
I highly recommend both! Well written, solid storyline, developed characters, and filled with swoony moments—the sa-wooon kind! I wish I could experience reading them for the first time again. They are that good!
- Wicked Forever (Wicked Bay Book 8) by L A Cotton <— The conclusion to the edgy, angsty, addictive YA/NA crossover series from L A Cotton <— LIVE!!
- The Boyfriend Diaries: A Romance Box Set Collection by S.E. Law <— SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!!
- If You Break (The Redeemed Book 1) by J Rose <— LIVE!! M/F/M ROMANCE!! “…Forced back into a body she longed to escape, Lexi is initiated into the world’s best kept secret. The shadowy society of The Redeemed. A motley collection of lost causes brought back from death by a mysterious force, known as the Vitae. It is a fresh start, but this second chance does not come without a price. Lexi will be tested, forced to confront the trauma of her past and the danger of her present. Because a war is brewing beneath the surface and every good army needs a survivor. All she needs to do is stay alive, and somehow keep her fragile heart intact against the two men determined to claim what is left of her soul...”
- Sanctum (Blackwater Pack Book 1) by Hannah McBride <— LIVE!!
- House Of Dragons 5: The Siblings (The Cami Bakersfield Saga) by Samantha Snow <— LIVE!!
- Kitty Valentine Dates a Fireman by Jillian Dodd <— LIVE!!
- Wasted: A Single Daddy Rockstar Romance by Andrea Smith and Gina A. Jones <— LIVE!! SHE THINKS HE LOVES HER!! “...Stacie Coulter is from the wrong side of the tracks, but that doesn’t stop her from fan-girling Emmett’s band: Wasted. She is infatuated with Emmett, and mistakes a one-night stand as a declaration of love, and is determined to prove that to Emmett. She continues to pursue, too immature to realize that things with a wannabe rock star often fizzle long before they sizzle. Right before Emmett is due to leave on tour with the band, Stacie drops a bombshell that will forever change his life...”
- Shadow Lake Vampire Society: The Vision by Wendi Wilson and Katie French <— LIVE!! “…I take a job at Camp Shadow Lake, a place where nothing is what it seems. Every counselor is beautiful and aloof, including Levi Kass—who is as hot as he is hostile. I don’t know what I did to make him hate me, but he seems to want to eat me alive...”
- Some Like It Greek: A completely laugh-out-loud romantic comedy by Sue Roberts <— LIVE!!
- Fated Silk Book One : Memoirs of the Apprentice by P. Willow <— LIVE!!
- One Night in Monaco by Blair Babylon <— SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED TODAY!! HE DISAPPEARED... “...too many people in Monaco think he might be a danger to them. He never should have been there. But he was. And so was Simone. She’s trouble from our past at boarding school. Her husband is a good friend of some of the people who would be happier if Maxence wasn’t around anymore…“ P.S. The author is today’s newsletter sponsor!!! 😀
- Legacy Academy: Year One: Paranormal Academy Romance by M Guida <— LIVE!!
- Leslie M is looking for her next read:
Leslie M: What can I read that won’t stress me out? I just can’t do sad and emotional but yet I’m not in mood for an over the top comedy either. A light, happy romance is what I need.
Diana: Idk if u like historical fiction or fantasy, but they’re my go-tos when I want to escape. HF is generally more light hearted, so it might be your best bet. I’m a stan for anything Julie Garwood, Lisa Kleypas, Judith McNaught, etc. I’ve read them all multiple times, so I’m biased.
Leslie M: Hi Diana! Thanks for the suggestions. I pretty much only read contemporary romance (despite my love for Twilight) but probably need to give historicals another try.
Mony: Hi Leslie, Hmm…light, happy, contemporary romance, you say? Here are some of my favourites…maybe you’ll find one in this list…Good Luck!
Note: * = Really loved these
- *Bossman by Vi Keeland
- *The Baller by Vi Keeland – athlete
- Sex, Not Love by by Vi Keeland
- Stuck-Up Suit by Vi Keeland
- *Boss Man Bridegroom by Meghan Quinn
- Accidental Tryst by Natasha Boyd
- You Can Have Manhattan by P. Dangelico
- Too Good to Be True by Kristan Higgins
- Most Eligible Billionaire by Annika Martin
- *NSFW (Play, #2) by Piper Lawson – boss
- *That Guy by Kim Jones – Belly laughs…
- *Managed by Kristen Callihan – rock band
- The Boyfriend Experience by J.A. Huss – matchmaker
- *Wallbanger by Alice Clayton – great little read
- Pool Man by Sabrina York – very light…an amuse-bouche 🙂 <— Sidenote from Maryse: Tee hee!!! I just saw that cover and what you said and… my mind *poooof *
- The Artists Trilogy by Karina Halle <— NANCY’S PICK FOR A BLAST FROM OUR PAST SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!!! She found it on super-bargain!!! We went CRAZY for it. Ahhhhhhh Javier. BAD BAD Javier. 😏❤️😏❤️❤️❤️ P.S. Here’s the proper reading order including Javier’s prequel (where I fell in LOVE with him) and the spinoffs:
Nancy: I think I was one of the only ones who preferred Camden over Javier!!
Kat: No, Nancy I preferred Camden too. I loved Camden so hard
Nancy: I felt back then like I was all alone! I really was out-numbered!
Kat: Nancy yes we still are out numbered. But I stand with you Camden love always
Isabel: Oh, I loved Javier!! 😍 I should re-read this series. I’m not sure I’ve read the kids’ books.
Cézanne: He’s so terrible and yet I love him so lol.
Maryse: I think he was my first “bad guy” love. LOL!!!
Sherry: Oh Cam 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰 I remember our conversations about our two favorites. Me Cam, you Javier ☺️
Teri: Nope Nancy you were not alone. I hated Javier. Much preferred Camden!! I think this series was Karina Halle’s best work
Rebecca: Thank you- just bought the first one!
Vesper: Thanks for spreading that awesome news. Bought immediately ❤
- ➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes 1 free audiobook + 2 audible originals)
- ➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
- ➔➔ And… if you’re not an audible member yet, you can get the first 4 months for 46% off this summer!!!
- Dangerously: A Femme Fatale Romance by M. Never <— JUST WENT LIVE!! “…A femme fatale caught between two men. One a Boston crime boss. The other an Irish gun for hire. Both my enemies. Both dominant. Deadly. And dangerously seductive. Both want something from me…”
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Nights at Westwood (The Academy Boys Book 1) by Chloe Walsh – August 23rd 2020
- The Wife’s House: An absolutely unputdownable psychological thriller by Arianne Richmonde – August 24th 2020
- The Takeover (The Miles High Club) by T.L. Swan – August 25th 2020
- Always Crew (Crew Series Book 3) by Tijan – August 25th 2020
- Taunting Callum (Big Sky Royal Book 3) by Kristen Proby – August 25th 2020
- Hidden (The Texas Murder Files Book 1) by Laura Griffin – August 25th 2020
- Quarter Miles (Runaway Book 3) by Devney Perry – August 25th 2020
- EL DIABLO II by M. ROBINSON – August 25th 2020
- Her Bad Idea (Polyamorous Passions Book 7) by Sagan Morrow – August 25th 2020
- Temptation on Ocean Drive (The Sunshine Sisters Book 2) by Jennifer Probst – August 25th 2020
- Soul of the Crow: An Epic Dark Fantasy (Reapers of Veltuur Book 1) by Jessaca Willis – August 25th 2020
- The Wedding Date Disaster by Avery Flynn – August 25th 2020
- My Warrior (Bewitched and Bewildered Book 12) by Alanea Alder – August 25th 2020
- Penthouse Prince by Kendall Ryan – August 31st 2020
- Desiring the Dancer (Risqué Novellas Book 1) by Lilly Avalon – August 31st 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).