HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!! Today’s list has a ton of reader recommendations (one of ’em made Pia lose her mind) so I had to put hers first. LOL!! 😉 Plus some new releases, too. I’ll be adding more throughout the day as I find ’em. 😀
ALSO: Make sure to check out today’s newsletter sponsor ➔ Donna Grant – Sons of Texas Series Reading Order + Five Fun Facts about the series!
Today’s “Blast From Our Book Past” highlights:
- 2 years ago yesterday, I (and so many of us) fell in love with Alaska and a brooding pilot. 😉 Book Review – The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker
- 3 years ago yesterday, this cocky (and hilarious) cop got me through a hurricane. 😉 I 4.5 star LOVED him: Book Review – Disorderly Conduct: The Academy by Tessa Bailey
- 4 years ago today, this duet conclusion had me on the edge of my seat! Here’s my 4.5 star Book Review – Transfer (The Retrieval Duet Book 2) by Aly Martinez
- 4 years ago yesterday, another pilot caught my eye. 😉 Book Review – Playboy Pilot by Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland
- 6 years ago today, this affair gently took me out of my comfort zone. Here’s my 4.5 star Book Review – 53 Letters For My Lover by Leylah Attar
- 7 years ago today, I fell head-over-heels with this shy guy! Not my usual bad boy and OMG I LOVED IT! Book Review – All of You by Christina Lee
- 7 years ago, we made one of our favorite lists EVER!! WE LOVE THIS TROPE! And I just updated it again this year. He doesn’t want her… “Unrequited Love” Book Recommendations
- 9 years ago today, I LOST MY EVER-LOVING MIND over THIS ONE!!!!!!! Back when it was still with a small publishing house. Back before book #3 was even out, and book #2 had just been released. My 5 HUGE STARS Book Review – Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- EXTENDED THROUGH DECEMBER ☃️🎄🎄🎄☃️!!! ➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- The Ravenhood Duet by Kate Stewart <— PIA LOST HER MIND OVER THIS DUET!!!! OMG I NEED TO READ THIS ASAP!
Pia: Reading about your dreams Maryse reminds me of my latest read – The Ravenhood Duet by Kate Stewart. The heroine has the most explicit dreams as well. I know you have read severel Kate Stewart books, and you really have to read this one.
IT HAS RUINED ME FOR ANY FUTURE BOOKS
I have read so many of her books – Drive and Heartbreak Warfare have been my favorites so far. But this one tops everything she has ever written. I finished it last night, and don’t know how I will be able to start another book – I just want to stay in Triple Falls and in Cecilias life.
I could quote the entire book, but this one stood out:
“I do what thieves do, I stole you”.
5 stars are not nearly enough.
- Hollow (Heaven Hill Generations Book 4) by Laramie Briscoe <— LARAMIE BRISCOE’S LATEST!! “…Born a bastard, raised a Walker, and now a Barnett, I’ve never quite known who I am. Not until someone called me Mom. In the aftermath of the biggest deception our club has ever faced, Dalton and I are trying to cope with the miscarriage of our child. The piece of light and hope we had at the end of the darkest times Heaven Hill has ever seen was snatched from us, and even though I’m trying to cope. It’s not going well. Gone are my feelings of belonging. Gone is my excitement to face another day. In it’s place, I’m hollow…”
- Holding Tess (The McKenna Brothers Book 2) by Mariella Starr
- Only Once (Navy SEALs: Home Again Book 2) by Joanna Rose
- The Right Player: A Sports Romance by Kandi Steiner <— HE HAS A THREE DATE RULE… “...I’ve been told I’m the “good time girl,” not the one you take home to Mom. And while that label stung at first, I’ve since embraced it — living the wild and free life and sticking to a three date max. That’s just enough time to have some fun and snuff out the possibility of catching feelings. And it’s been working for me for years… Until Makoa Kumaka. Sadly, he also has a three date rule — and it’s the exact opposite of mine...”
- Silhouettes Shadows and Sunsets (Summer Lake Silver Book 5) by SJ McCoy
- Man’s Best Friend (The Dogmothers Book 6) by Roxanne St. Claire
- Luna Chosen: Book 5 of the Luna Rising Series (A Paranormal Shifter Romance Series) by Sara Snow
- The Light We Lost by Jill Santpolo <— AMY IS LOVING THIS ONE!
Amy: What I’m reading NOW though has me completely hooked. It’s called The Light We Lost by Jill Santpolo, and it’s written in the form of the h talking to the H, which I don’t think I’ve ever read before. She’s talking about their past from the time they met.
The writing flows perfectly for me, it isn’t over the top in any way, it’s REAL, and the foreshadowing is driving me crazy (in a good way). I don’t know if it’s going to hurt or not, but something big IS coming!
- Boss in the Bedsheets by Kate Canterbary <— JAN & MONY LOVED IT!
Jan: Have you tried Kate Canterbary’s new(ish) Boss In the Bedsheets? It’s better than it sounds from the title. I enjoyed it.
Mony: I loved Boss in the Bedsheets…I’m making my way through some of her books too. (Canterbary is hidden gem, I think.) All because of Jan’s author recommendation a while back!
- Melania (Romancing the Weavers Book 4) by Ray Anselmo
- The Road to Scandal is Paved with Wicked Intentions (The May Flowers Book 6) by Merry Farmer
- Ryder (A Merrick Brothers Novel) by Prescott Lane <— COUNTRY STAR GOT HER PREGNANT… “…Country music headliner, crowd pleaser, legend in the bedroom. You know how your mother always warned you that it only takes one time. Well, I’m proof of that. One night with country music’s hottest star, Ryder Merrick, and I got knocked up. He promised me it wasn’t just a one night stand. But I woke up alone, and a few weeks later found out I was carrying his child…”
- Silver Moon (Four Moons Book 4) by Richard Amos
- Ancient One: Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance (Protectors of the Veil Book 1) by Ruby Wilder
- Not Just Friends (Hot in the City Book 3) by T Gephart
- Now or Never (The Harris Sisters Book 1) by Nyora René <— BEST FRIENDS BUT THEY SECRETLY WANT MORE… “…Crystal Harris has been in love with her best friend, Brendon Marks, since they were in high school. He was the perfect gentleman, always supportive and encouraging her, and she’s spent the last ten years loving him in secret, too scared to tell him how she feels. Brendon has a secret himself…he’s in love with his best friend and doesn’t know how to tell her…”
- Brock (Bolton Brother Billionaires Book 4) by Flora Madison
- Love you…not!: A Romantic Comedy (Reckless in Love Book 1) by Lark Anderson
- Alex (BIG Northwest Book 2) by Janice M. Whiteaker
- Faeted Faeker: A Fairy Reverse Harem Paranormal Fantasy (Fae Prison Trilogy Book 1) by Piper Maki
- Breaking South: A Turner Artist Rocker Novel (The Turner Artist Rocker Series Book 3) by Alyson Santos <— RECENT RELEASE & NANCY LOVED IT!
Nancy: …He changed her life. She just wanted him to know, he was not just an injured hockey player. He was her hero. I really did enjoy this book, as well as the last in the series: FALLING NORTH, and look forward to the next book: FINDING EAST when it is released…
- Scottish Wedding Date (Sexy Scots Book 1) by Tori Pine
- The Defender by Donna Grant <— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! HER COVER IS BLOWN... “...Reyna Harris is used to danger and living on the edge. An ex-CIA operative, she’s been embedded with the Saints for years, trying to take them down from the inside. When her cover is blown, she is forced to trust a man she just met, fighting their way out of one battle after another. But there’s something about Lev that Reyna knows she can trust. And love. She needs Lev – and not just to take a swipe at the Saints. Together they’re an unstoppable force…“
- Slade’s Sanctuary (Saxon Family Book 1) by May Gordon
- Drake (Black Hearts MC Book 2) by Ruth Colby
- When the Night is Over by Lily Foster <— RECENT RELEASE & HARPER ENJOYED IT!
Harper: Just finished When the Night is Over by Lily Foster. I was so worried about the hidden pregnancy trope, but I loved it!!! The h had very good reasons. The story is very well written and detailed. The love between them was so genuine and sweet that it won me over pretty quickly.
The story is also very realistic when it comes to the behavior of a sixteen and eighteen years old couple living in very bad environments. I recommend it! I gave it 4 stars.
- Playing with Fire: A Bad Boy College Romance by L.J. Shen <— RECENT RELEASE & Tasha J IS LOVING IT!
Tasha J: So, I have literally 19% left of Playing With Fire. The book I started yesterday about this time. Yep, I’ve been all consumed. It’s so well written and I loooove it!! I’ve so been missing the new adult/college underground fighter trope, but even better, the characters feel more unique to me.
I’m not annoyed at all, lol. That’s harsh, but after reading so many of these books, it’s usually about the same formula every time. I’m not even skimming the smexy scenes, not at all. 😳 I went to bed at 7 last night, stayed up till 2. This is becoming a habit.
- The Never List by DL White <— A LIST OF ADVENTURES… “…On the cusp of her 40th birthday, the time is now. All she needs the right man. When a date with a potential love interest goes very, very wrong, she’s rescued by a tall, bearded, stylish gentleman. What could have been wonderful fizzles instantly; the vibe between them crackles with animosity. Sometimes, though, you get a second chance to make a first impression…”
- Happily Enemy After (Hawthorne Brothers Book 2) by Ashlee Price
- Fight Dirty: A New Adult Enemies-to-Lovers Romance (Black Rose Kisses Book 1) by Eva Ashwood
- The Bluebell Girls: An absolutely gorgeous and uplifting summer romance (Lake Summers Book 2) by Barbara Josselsohn
- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman <— RECENT RELEASE & TASHA J LOVED THIS ONE TOO!
Tasha J: I’ve just finished Anxious People by Fredrik Backman. I’m emotionally spent, as is typical when finishing one of his books. It took a minute to get into the way it’s written, in the beginning, but boy when things start getting serious and coming together, 🥺🥰😢.
I laughed, came close to crying, and totally connected because it’s relatable. I am an anxious person, but also it’s just human.
- Night In A Waste Land (Hell Theory Book 2) by Lauren Gilley <— LAUREN GILLEY’S LATEST!! “Night in a Waste Land” is the second in a new supernatural/horror erotica series based loosely on the legends of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table, set in the not-too-distant future. Featuring angels, demons, mythology, monsters, plenty of steam, and an eventual OT3. Dark, weird, and sexy, Hell Theory isn’t for the faint of heart…”
- ➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
- ➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Subversive: A wizard. An unwilling assistant. An explosive secret. (Clandestine Magic Book 1) by Colleen Cowle – September 27th 2020
- When You Come Back to Me (Lost Boys Book 2) by Emma Scott – September 27th 2020
- Headlines (Prime Time Series Book 3) by Ella Frank – September 28th 2020
- Lilac: A Reverse Harem Romance by B.B. Reid – September 28th 2020
- Imagine With Me (With Me In Seattle Book 15) by Kristen Proby – September 29th 2020
- Rifts and Refrains (Hush Note Book 2) by Devney Perry – September 29th 2020
- Crowne Rules by CD Reiss
- Happily This Christmas: A Novel (Happily Inc Book 6) by Susan Mallery – September 29th 2020
- The Return by Nicholas Sparks – September 29th 2020
- Seduced in Ink (Montgomery Ink: Boulder Book 4) by Carrie Ann Ryan – September 29th 2020
- Follow Me Darkly by Helen Hardt – September 29th 2020
- Toward That Which is Beautiful: A Novel by Marian O’Shea Wernicke – September 29th 2020
- Burn You Twice by Mary Burton – September 29th 2020
- Tame his Beast – a Beauty & the Beast retelling Part 2: A Devil’s Highwaymen MC romance story (A Devil’s Highwaymen Romance) by Claire C. Riley – September 30th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).