HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!! I’m so excited about my weekend, and I’m starting a new book tonight by one of my favorite psych-thriller authors that totally gave me a blurb jolt (Under the Influence: A Psychological Thriller by Layne Deemer).
It’s coming out in just a few days so hopefully I have my review up right before or the day of release. 😀
BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST!!
- 2 years ago, I fell in love with a State Trooper. 😉 Book Review – Single in Sitka by Katy Regnery
- 3 years ago, I enjoyed this short marital strife story by one of my favorite authors! Book Review – Evidence of the Affair by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- 4 years ago, our beloved book buddy “Bev” was in a book funk and you guys helped her choose! bev is in a book funk, and she needs our help to choose out of these:
- 5 years ago, Emma Scott rocked our world with this duet: Book Review – All In (Full Tilt Book 2) by Emma Scott
- 7 years ago, this angsty, kindle-throwing book rocked my 5-star world!!!! Book Review – Deeper by Robin York
- 8 years ago, this dark kidnap book rocked my 4.5 STAR world and is utterly unforgettable. What an ending!!!!!! Book Review – Held by Edeet Ravel
- 8 years ago, I also had fun with this celebrity *ahem* (he’s a porn star) romance!! Book Review – Stinger by Mia Sheridan
- 9 years ago, in my earlier indie-discovery days, I fell HARD for this amazing teacher-student story!! 5 STARS!! Book Review – Losing It by Cora Carmack
- 9 years ago, I also read this HUGE hit! Book Review – Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard
- 10 years ago, I fell in love with this story and it had an amazing twist!! Book Review – Please Don’t Stop the Music by Jane Lovering
- 10 years ago, I was still into vampires. 😉 Book Review – Sexiest Vampire Alive by Kerrelyn Sparks
- 11 years ago, this was one of my favorite series ever (she was falling for the actual devil himself)!! 5 STARS!! Ooooh the whole series was GREAT!! Book Review – Silent Night, Haunted Night by Terri Garey
- 12 years ago, I fell DEEEEEPLY in love with the broooooding Nykyrian and his dimples (if he smiled 😉 ): Book Review – Born of Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- The Lost Fisherman by Jewel E. Ann <— LIVE!! DUET CONCLUSION BY ONE OF OUR FAVORITES!!! And our fellow book lovers went crazy for it to go live!!
Charity: The first one was soooo good! Can’t wait for this one
Dominique: you won’t be disappointed! Loved it!!
Christine: I’m reading The Lost Fisherman which I’m loving.
Reno: Jewel is truly an AMAZING author I happened to stumble upon. Friends, if you haven’t read her stuff – you need to. Every book is better than the previous one. So excited to read this duet this weekend!!
Cleida: Re reading The Lost Fisherman by Jewel E. Ann This duet is everything 5 stars reading
- Ricochet (Fastball Series Book 1) by Cole Lepley <— LIVE!!! BULLY/SPORTS ROMANCE ALERT!! HER GRUMPY BASEBALL NEIGHBOR WHO’S NOT VERY WELCOMING (and she just transferred to the new College after a broken heart)… “…When Sidney meets her new roommates, everyone is welcoming except for one. The moody guy downstairs whose attitude is warning her to stay away. But Sidney’s pain is like a magnet to Ryan, and he intends to find out why…” P.S. She’s today’s newsletter sponsor and she’s sent over a super fun post for us —> Cole Lepley’s “Ricochet” is LIVE & she’s sent over fun facts, an excerpt & the playlist + a signed copy giveaway!
- French Country Frights: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel: (Hallowed Homes) (Haven Hollow Book 9) by J.R. Rain and H.P. Mallory <— LIVE!!
- Nuts About You (Midnight Bluff Book 1) by Susan E. Farris <— LIVE!!
- Wish Upon A Star by Jasinda Wilder <— LIVE!!! OMG BLURB JOLT!! JASINDA WILDER ALERT!! SHE’S DYING & SHE HAS ONE MORE THING ON HER BUCKET LIST… HIM. HE DOESN’T KNOW SHE EXISTS… “…I’ve crossed off just about everything on my bucket list—I’ve seen the Eiffel Tower and the Coliseum and I’ve been swimming in the Caribbean; I’ve lived like I’m dying, because I am. There’s just one thing left on my list: I want to be a bride. I want to wear white and have my dad walk me down the aisle. I want a first dance and cake and a night to feel like a princess…and I want it with Westley Britton. The perfect guy. Musician, actor, and every girl’s dream man. My dream man. Only, he doesn’t even know I exist...”
- Blue Collar Brothers: The Complete Series by Piper Rayne <— LIVE!! FIRST RESPONDERS SERIES BUNDLE!!! “…Three single women. Three hot first responders. Three first dates. Will there be three happily ever afters?…”
- Speeding Hearts: A Friends to Lovers Romance (Blue Collar Romance Book 7) by Claire Wilder <— LIVE!!
- Unchained: A Thrilling Romantic Suspense/Dark Romance Blood Brothers Novel Book #3 by Samantha Wilde <— LIVE!!
- The Psycho: A Dark New Adult Stalker Romance (The Soldiers of Anarchy Book 1) by Nikki J Summers <— LIVE!!! STALKER ALERT! “…From the moment I laid eyes on Olivia Cooper, I knew… She was mine. She didn’t agree, but I wasn’t going to let that stop me. She was all I thought about. She was my obsession. So, I watched. I studied. I toyed with her and I played my games. In her I’d found my perfect match, because she met every single one of my challenges with one of her own...”
- In Love with the Wrong Man (Scandalous Sheiks Book 1) by Elizabeth Lennox <— LIVE!!!
- Hot Seal Daddy: An Age Gap Secret Baby Romance (Alphalicious Daddies) by Sofia Finn <— LIVE!!
- Dare to Love My Fake Husband: Sweet Romantic Comedy (Forever Marriage Match Book 3) by Ellie Hall <— LIVE!!!
- Vic Vaughn is Vicious by J.A. Huss <— SUPER STEAMY!! AIMEE READ THIS ONE!
Aimee: I finally finished reading a J A Huss book called Vic Vaughn is Vicious. Very cute and sexy story! But sexy is common for her books! 😉 it wasn’t one of her best to me but it was worth the read!!!
- Until Melissa by AJ Alexander <— LIVE!!!
- Virgin Cowboy: A Husky Virgin Hero/Curvy Girl Romance (Whiskey Run: Cowboys Love Curves Book 1) by Kat Baxter <— LIVE!!!
- Jude (Green Hill Pride Book 5) by Catherine Lievens <— LIVE!!!
- The Bratva’s Heir: A Dark Bratva Romance (Underworld Kings) by Jane Henry and Sophie Lark <— LIVE!! PRISONER & HE KNOWS A SUBMISSIVE WHEN HE SEES ONE… “…Prison’s a dark, bleak place. But Clare brings me light. My sweet little bird will be my ticket to freedom. The first time I saw her, I had to have her. From her big, dark eyes, to the curves she can’t conceal… The way she can only hold my gaze so long…”
- The No Strings Theory (College Boys of New Haven Book 4) by Hayden Hall <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!
- Every Mended Heart (Far From Ruined Book 3) by Nikole Knight <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- Hallow’s Eve (Royal Bastards MC: Nashville, TN Book 1) by Morgan Jane Mitchell <— LIVE!!
- Give Your Heart a Rake (That Wicked O’Shea Family Book 6) by Merry Farmer <— LIVE!!!
- Head Over Feels: A Friends to Lovers Romance by S.L. Scott <— LIVE!!! S.L. SCOTT’S LATEST!! SHE MOVES INTO HIS SPARE BEDROOM!! “…As a prominent divorce attorney and Manhattan’s most eligible bachelor, I’m as sought after in the courtroom as I am in the bedroom. Winning in both arenas is my specialty. The only thing I ever lost was the nerve to tell the girl of my dreams how I felt about her. Seven years later, I might be getting the opportunity when she moves into my spare bedroom...”
- HERE’S MONY’S LIST OF BOOKS SHE ENJOYED RECENTLY!
Finishing up The Orc Wife for our Goodreads’ Hallowe’en Monster Love group read…hilarious. 🙄😉
Sammi (h): “I hadn’t watched Lord of the Rings a hundred times for nothing.”
Her lips suddenly curve into an angry smile. “Naked works for me just fine.”
Orgath: “If you insist…It is fortunate, because this gives me the perfect opening to examine you.”
- Kiss of a Blade (No Mercy Book 4) by Lea Griffith <— ASSASSIN!! THIS SERIES WAS ONCE HUGELY POPULAR & SHE’S FINALLY WRITING IT AGAIN!!
Robyn: Don’t forget Lea Griffiths 4th book in the No Mercy series, Kiss of the Blade, comes out Oct. 15th. It’s up for pre order. One of my most beloved series finally gets the next book! I’ve been waiting a long time for Blade!
Gosh, I love these books. I’ve reread them tons of times and they never get old.
Jennifer: Remy in Bullet to the Heart….she is an assassin. This is part of the No Mercy series by Lea Griffith. All the books are about a team of female assassins. Can’t recommend them enough…strong female characters.
Georgia: Totally agree with Jennifer, the Leah Griffith series – No mercy is an amazing series with female assassins.
Drea: Just finished Bullet to the Heart by Lea Griffith. WOW! This story was amazing and I am obsessed with this series. I can’t wait to read the next one. Thank you for adding it to your list. I never heard of it until you added it on your bargain list the other day. 5 stars
- The Lost Daughter of a Serial Killer series by CM Stunich<— Cathy loves this series!!
Cathy: I’m anxiously awaiting CM Stunich’s next book in The Lost Daughter of a Serial Killer series. Books 1 and 2 had me riveted. Book 3 is scheduled for release in December.
Maryse: OMG I’m in LOVE with those covers. Thank you for letting us know about this one, Cathy!!
- The Alpha (Black Arrowhead Series Book 2) by Dannika Dark <— JAN IS STARTING THIS ONE!!
Jan: I’m about to start the new Dannika Dark pnr, The Alpha 😀
- Varsity Captain by Ginger Scott <— LIVE!!! GINGER SCOTT’S LATEST!!! BEST FRIENDS & HE BROKE HER HEART ONCE… “…We existed, apart. But no matter how hard I tried to not think about her, I just couldn’t stay away from the funny, adventurous, steadfast girl with wild green eyes. She’s back. We’re seniors now. We’ve grown—all of us. And while I might be different, she’s different too. She takes risks, stands up for herself and doesn’t back down. The more we’re forced together, the more I miss her. But for June to be a part of my story, I need to tell her the whole truth, everything that happened. And I’m not sure any of us are ready for that...”
- Forbidden Honor (Dragon Royals Book 1) by May Dawson <— LIVE!!!
- Messing With The Billionaire: A Sweet Romantic Comedy (Maid In Miami Book 1) by Breezie Bennett <— LIVE!!
- Blade (Holy Sinners MC – California Book 1) by Evie Monroe <— LIVE!!!
- The Widow of Rose House by Diana Biller <— JAN ALSO ENJOYED THIS ONE!!
Jan: I just read The Widow of Rose House by Diana Biller which is a gothic style historical romance with ghosts, (but not scary ones). Now I see The Brightest Star in Paris is out, which looks like it’s about a brother from the hero of the first book. And more ghosts, I suspect. I just might have to try it 😀
Tasha J: Oh, sounds good. I’ve been wondering how to decipher what makes “gothic” style. I’m bad with narrowing down specifics of genres. But, I’m reading The Lighthouse Witches, which a blogger described as gothic suspense. Now, I remember Mexican Gothic described as gothic thriller or horror. So, what exactly is gothic?
Jan: I’m not exactly sure, Tasha, but this book seems to have some of the elements to me – a spooky old haunted house, for starters, with a ghost and a mystery from the past to solve.
- Royals of Forsyth University by Angel Lawson & Samantha Rue <— DARK REVERSE HAREM!!! LISA LOVES THIS SERIES!!
Lisa: I just finished reading an ARC of Lords of Mercy, which is the third book in Angel Lawson and Samantha Rue‘s Dark RH romance series. This series is difficult to put down and is dark, twisty, and has all kinds of things that will keep you on your toes. Heed the trigger warnings though, as these books can be rough on people.
Nikki: Lords of Mercy by Angel Lawson and Samantha Rue Love this series so much!!!!
- Lords of Mercy: Royals of Forsyth U (Royals of Forsyth University Book 3) by Angel Lawson and Samantha Rue <— LIVE!!! P.S. This is book #3 of the above series that Lisa and Nikki recommended!!
- The Lighthouse Witches by C. J. Cooke <— TASHA J IS LOVING IT!!! SHE CAN’T PUT IT DOWN!
Tasha J: I’ve got to say, Im currently halfway through The Lighthouse Witches and am obsessed with this story thus far! One of those I can’t put down or turn the pages fast enough. Perfect read for spooky season, and intense!
Tasha J: Ok, technically this is the first line in the book, then I’ll do the first chapter line.
FLT- “They bind our feet and ankles, tear off our clothes, and douse us with alcohol.” <- It gets more intense after that. 😬
Then, chapter 1, “The lighthouse was called the Longing.”
Tasha J: Gah! I love it! I’ve got 20 pages left in The Lighthouse Witches. This book should be a movie. I’d say top fave for me, up there w/The Sundown Motel & The Other People. And a new fave author! Definitely want to read some more from her. Now not sure what to read next, too many choices!
- Bad Alpha by Kathryn Moon <— HARPER IS ENJOYING THIS ONE!
Harper: Bad Alpha by Kathryn Moon came out yesterday. It’s from the same author of Lola and the Millionaires. It’s a reverse harem omegaverse full of action. The h is an alpha assassin and her mark is an omega. I’m 90% in and really liking it.
- JR LOVED THESE!!
Hi Maryse! It’s been a while since I commented but I have read some really good books I wanted to share.
I got the rec here to read The Love Hypothesis and loved it! A fake dating story set in the academic world.
I also really liked The Last Thing He Told Me. It’s more a mystery than a romance but was a page turner that kept me guessing.
I’m late to the game, but finally read Beach Read and loved the characters and all they were working through individually and together.
In between the above, I’ve read some just ok stores. Now I’m trying to decide what to read next which is always the hardest part!
- The Trapped Wife by Samantha Hayes <— LINDA LOVED IT!!
Linda: The Trapped Wife by Samantha Hayes!! Brilliant read.
Maryse: OH YESSSSSSS!! THIS IS SO UP MY domestic psych-thriller alley. Thank you so much Linda. Squeeeeee!!!
- JUST IN!!!! MONY’S GOT ANOTHER LIST OF RECOMMENDATIONS FOR US!
Mony: Some recent reads
About Last Night by Ruthie Knox – A melty, romantic book that wraps you up with the goodness of a good guy who is sexy and smooth. Set in London, American tatted Cath gets in trouble after a blind date & a very British man she dubs “City” takes her home. Much goodness ensues, even within the hour.
City: “Is your head feeling better, Mary Catherine?” Cath: “Yes, thank you.” He licked her collarbone, kissed behind her ear, nibbled her lower lip. “Call me Cath” City: “No, I don’t think I shall.” He grasped her by the waist and lifted her… “I’m taking you to bed now Mary Catherine.” Cath: “Yeah.” she whispered “I think I’d like that.” 5⭐ (Shades of Smooth Talking Stranger)
The Good Lie by A.R. Torre – This is story about a serial killer with six teens already murdered. Psychiatrist Gwen Moore, expert on killers, gets drawn into an analysis of the case by attorney Robert Kavin, one of the fathers whose son was killed. Romance, good writing & well developed characters. I think I held my breath the whole time cause it was always moving so fast & my eyes were glued to the page. Very clever…not sure if all the ends were tied up. 5⭐
Mr. Perfect by J.A. Huss – Talked about this book before…so good! McAllister Stonewall is one sexy dude & celebrity concierge, Eloise Hatcher’s, boss. The chemistry between the two is sizzling hot & rivals the best office romance book around. Great banter. Watch out for the office breakfast scene. 5⭐
Finished up the Sex, Love & Stiletto series by Lauren Layne. Read it between my darker reads. Thought it would be fluffy & pink but it’s more than that. Good writing, great guys, clever stories and supportive girlfriends make it special. 4⭐
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
I am listening to several books this week.
- Mountain Man by Keith C. Blackmore <— AIMEE IS LOVING THIS ONE!!
Aimee: I jumped on the Halloween band wagon and listened to a zombie book called Mountain Man and it was gory but funny! Starting the second one in the series!! So I will be checking this out!! For some reason I thought I seen it mentioned here in the comments. I’m listening to it and the first 2 are free for Audible members. The narrator does an awesome job!!! It’s by Keith Blackmore. Narrator is R C Bray
- The Awakening: The Dragon Heart Legacy, Book 1 <— DANIELLE LOVES this series!
Danielle: I’m about to start listening to the audio book for The Awakening by Nora Roberts then I’m going to read my ARC of the next book in the trilogy The Becoming (both of which are rereads for me) and I really enjoyed them both..
Beth: Got my copy of The Awakening on my kindle! Can’t wait to start!!
Michele G: The Awakening definitely has me intrigued!!
- Havoc by Debra Anastasia <— INTERRACIAL ROMANCE & AIMEE LOVED THIS ONE!!
I did finish an Audible book in a series that each book was a stand-alone. I finished the first and it was really good!! 4 1/2*
It’s by Debra Anastasia called Havoc. It’s a gang related romance and I usually hate that type but decided to give this one a try. The narrators are what I went by because they are some of my favorites. Its an interracial love story and I like the way this author had you guessing, like is it going to happen or not!? Angsty tearjerker with an HEA!!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Moonlight and Magic: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel (Betwixt & Between Book Four) by Darynda Jones – October 18th 2021
- What If I Never? (Necklace Trilogy Book 1) by Lisa Renee Jones – October 19th 2021
- A Shadow in the Ember (Flesh and Fire Book 1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout – October 19th 2021
- The Lilac Cadillac by Jane Harvey-Berrick – October 19th 2021
- Whisperwind: A Friends-to-Lovers-Rockstar Romance (The Wind & the Roar Trilogy Book 3) by Cat Porter – October 20th 2021
- Red Hot Harmony: A Rockstar Romance (The Encore Book 4) by N.N. Britt – October 21st 2021
- Under the Influence: A Psychological Thriller by Layne Deemer – October 21st 2021
- Well Played by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward – October 25th 2021
- Rebel North (The North Brothers Book 2) by JB Salsbury – October 26th 2021
- Until April (Until Him/Her Book 10) by Aurora Rose Reynolds – October 26th 2021
- Savage Hearts (Queens & Monsters Book 3) by J.T. Geissinger – October 29th 202
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!