HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!! I hope we all have amazing weekends full of creative activities (for me, that will be planting stuff!), great food, belly laughs annnnnnnd…. reading! 😉 And maybe 1 or 2 or 3 from this list might just tickle your reading bone!
TODAY’S “BLAST FROM THE PAST” BOOK HIGHLIGHTS:
- 1 year ago today, this moody, alpha had me grumbling and then there was the bathroom scene that had me cackling!! Book Review – Devastated by R.L. Mathewson
- 2 years ago yesterday, this short creepy story had me hooked throughout, and then… the ending!!!! 😲🤐 Fantastic!!! Book Review – The Sleep Tight Motel by Lisa Unger
- 4 years ago yesterday, Leslie brought us some light relief with her favorites list! Reader Favorites – Leslie’s Favorite Low Angst Romance Books
- 7 years ago yesterday, we were HOOKED on this unputtdownable book. One of my 5-STAR ALL TIME FAVORITES!! In fact, I pretty much highlighted the whole book, it was just that amazing. ❤️❤️❤️ Book Review – Making Faces by Amy Harmon
Laurie: LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH!!!
- 8 years ago today, I discovered the delight of Kylie Scott’s post-apocalyptic creepiness and sexy steam that had me hooked!! Currently Reading (and loving!) – Flesh by Kylie Scott
P.S. Don’t forget to check out today’s newsletter sponsor!! ➔➔ “Rogue” is LIVE and it’s Blair Babylon’s latest “Bad Boy” book!
Dirty billionaire Max tries to be good, but it’s not in his nature…
No one had ever argued with Maxence so much in all his life.
Dree Clark was absolutely infuriating.
He liked it.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- ➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! EXTENDED THROUGH DECEMBER ☃️🎄🎄☃️!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- ➔➔➔ AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP SUPER-SALE!!! 😲 4 months for a super-bargain (US). Canada and UK 3 months for a super-bargain!! 😀
- All the Love in the World: A Holiday Anthology by Karina Halle <— LIVE!! KARINA HALLE ANTHOLOGY ALERT!!! “…This collection of five sexy, funny, thrilling, & emotional novellas bring together some of the most beloved characters from such books and series as The Forbidden Man, The Nordic Royals, Experiment in Terror, Dirty Angels, and The McGregors into one amazing anthology. Each novella is all original, never-before published, with each story revolving around a specific holiday…”
- Meant To Be (The Callahans Book 4) by Monica Murphy <— LIVE!!! SHE BROKE HIS HEART!! “…I can’t let go of Ava. I love her. She loves me. Nothing can convince me otherwise. It’s as simple as that. I know no matter what, this girl belongs to me. We may have issues, but we’re meant to be. So I’ll do whatever it takes to get her back. Even if I have to fight dirty.“
- The One Love Collection by Lauren Blakely <— Lauren Blakely 4-BOOK BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!! “…Indulge in four bestselling standalone romances from #1 NYT Bestseller Lauren Blakely in the One Love Collection!”
Linda: Reading Come As You Are by Lauren Blakely. Really cute read so far.
Anne: Lauren Blakely is fast becoming one of my favorite authors.
Jessica: THE KNOCKED UP PLAN is really putting me in the mood for some great pregnancy romances!
- Sorrow by Tiffanie DeBartolo <— TIFFANIE DEBARTOLO RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!
Liz: I just finished Sorrow by Tiffanie DeBartolo. Her writing is extraordinary subtlety. All the feels. I felt a kinship to the book since I live about 8 miles from the library. It was meant to be the book and I.
Colleen Hoover: It’s so good! My favorite author right here 😍 <— YEP!! She commented on my post on Facebook with this!!
Denise: It’s like Christmas coming early 😀😀
Michelle: What’s your 2 favorite books by her Maryse? 🥰
- Explicitly Yours: The Complete Series Box Set by Jessica Hawkins <— JESSICA HAWKINS SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! Nancy found it! “Lola Winters doesn’t think she can escape her life as a waitress—until she receives a shocking proposition from a handsome stranger. Wealthy businessman Beau Olivier is willing to do anything to have Lola for a night. His conditions are explicit: from sunset to sunrise, Lola must submit all of herself to him—body, mind, and soul. But what if Beau decides he doesn’t want to say goodbye in the morning?“
- MONY HAS SOME RECENTLY READ RECOMMENDATIONS!
Some recent reads…apologies if any are repeats…can’t remember. 🤷♀️ Can we create Lost Marbles Wednesdays?
Real Fake Love by Pippa Grant – over the top funny sports romance, hilarious h – 4 ⭐
The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1) by Willa Nash (Devney Perry) – fabulous sheriff, set in an interesting small town in Montana, sweet feel good book. 3.5 ⭐
Troublemaker by Kayley Loring – Loved this book!!…hot & interesting H *sigh*, story about a film producer and a sassy h 🙂 – 5 ⭐
- Love in Numbers: An Enemies to Lovers Romance (Love Distilled Book 1) by Scarlett Cole <— LIVE!! SHE INHERITS HER DAD’S DISTILLERY & HE’S THEIR ENEMY… “...Connor knows he and Emerson don’t make sense on paper. Too many differences between them–and one big secret that could destroy Emerson’s family business tells him to cut and run. But for once in his life, Connor doesn’t care about messy or imperfect–because the fact is, Emerson is the one perfect thing he needs in his life. Now if he can only convince her…”
- Naughty Things: Three Taboo Romances by JA Huss <— LIVE!! J. A. Huss’s latest IS LIVE!!! And SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED!! And… THREE full-length taboo romance books in one! Whoa!!! 😏
- The Troubleshooter: An Enemies-to-Lovers Romance (Norcross) by Anna Hackett
- Left For Wild: A Stranded in the Wilderness Romance by Harloe Rae <— LIVE!! STRANDED & NANCY LOVED IT!!
Nancy: …Love the characters of Blakely & Rane!! If I ever get lost in the Northern Canadian Wilderness Territory, I hope I would be lost with Rane Halder! He seems very happy with Blakely!
- ATrevido by Angel Rose
- How My Brother’s Best Friend Stole Christmas (Kane Christmas Book 3) by Molly O’Keefe
- My Fake Christmas Fiancé (Kane Christmas Book 1) by Julie Kriss
- Peacekeeper (Montgomery Brothers Series ~ Book 2) by Laura Pavlov
- Ivan 2 (Her Russian Protector Book 10) by Roxie Rivera <— LIVE! “...when Erin’s wayward sister is released from jail, he hesitates to allow Ruby to live in their home. He’s worried she hasn’t changed and that Erin will only end up getting hurt again. Trouble follows Ruby from the cell block to their front door, and Ivan finds himself faced with an insurmountable problem…”
Nicole: I’ve read Ivan the Russian protector series. It was FAN Freaking TASTIC!!
Jes: I also loved roxie Rivera Russian protector series!
- Running with Scissors: A Memoir by Augusten Burroughs <— A DIFFERENT KIND OF BLAST FROM THE PAST FROM ME!! No review from me for this one, because I devoured it years before I started this blog! But when we were chatting about books that completely consumed us… this one came to mind!
Maryse: I’ve even read a book while walking through ALL of Busch Gardens once. ALL DAY at that theme park, and all day me reading a physical hard cover book while walking… completely absorbed. Oblivious to everyone. It was “Running with Scissors” by Augusten Burroughs. SOOOO GOOD!!!
Carie: Magical Thinking by Augusten Burroughs is probably the funniest, most twisted book I’ve ever read…
- Home by M. Caspian <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! “…One week. Just one week, and Ryan will be out of his backwater hometown for good. Sell the farm his grandmother bequeathed him, clear his debts, and start fresh with his high-flying boyfriend. That’s that plan. What’s not the plan? Brooding bar owner and high-school crush Vic Ward, community hostility, and mysterious reminders of perfect Ethan. Ethan, who had everything Ryan ever wanted...”
- Entice: A Wicked Sanctuary Novel by Marie Tuhart
- Fraternize: Enemies to Lovers by Hailey Smoke
- Chapter Four: Behind Open Doors by Caressa Pink
- The Beast’s Bride (The Bluestocking War Book 1) by Eva Devon and Maire Claremont
- Happily Letter After by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward <— #1 on AMAZON FOR THE PAST 3 DAYS AND WE HAVE FEEDBACK!! Randi enjoyed it, too!
Randi: I’m all for “lost marbles Wednesday’s” !!!!! I finished “Happily Letter After” by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward. Fun read from a great writing duo.
Also 3/4 of the way through “Over The Fence” by Melanie Moreland. New to me author of “Heart Strings” which was great. She has some unusual ways the main characters meet in her books and very good writing.
- Blu’s Ridge (Mountain Top Series Book 1) by Savannah Maris <— LOVE AFTER LOSS & THEY ARE STRANDED TOGETHER IN A STORM!! “…Blu Thompson unexpectedly lost his wife twelve years ago. Since then, his focus has been raising his son. Women? Not on his radar. Lori Hopkins tragically lost her husband two years ago. Since then, her life has been her job and raising her daughter. Men? Doesn’t have time for them. Until the worst winter storm western North Carolina has seen in fifteen years lands Lori in Blu’s arms…”
- Reforming Kent: A Stand-Alone Angsty Bad Boy Romance (The Kennedy Boys Book 10) by Siobhan Davis
- Harbor Falls by Fiona Rivers
- Before You Ghost by Helena Hunting & Debra Anastasia <— LIVE!!! SHORT STORY BY TWO FAVORITES!! HER BOYFRIEND IS NOW A GHOST! “…It’s hard to miss your boyfriend when he’s standing right next to you being a sarcastic nimrod. I have a temper and he has an attitude. Our antics inside and outside the bedroom are off the charts. Half the time we’re giving each other a hard time just to get to the good times. Things get more complicated when he’s all those things and dead as well. Evan’s a newly formed ghost, and I’m Sammi, the girlfriend whose lady bits are accused of being so strong they shot him off a cliff…”
- Too Brazen to Bite: Gothic Historical Romance (Gothic Love Stories Book 5) by Erica Ridley
- The Shadow Fae: A Sexy Paranormal Romance Fae Series (The Twisted Crown Book 1) by A.K. Koonce and Rebecca Grey
- SSS: Year Six (The Supernatural Spy Academy Book 6) by Avery Song
- Beyond the Sea: A Modern Gothic Romance by L.H. Cosway <— LH Cosway ALERT!!! NANCY FOUND US A SUPER-BARGAIN (US & UK) by one of my FAVORITE authors!!!! She lives with her horrible step-mother and dreams of getting away, and then her step-mothers brother shows up… “…she bides her time and lives quietly, her every move ruled over by an uncaring, heartless stepmother. The hope for freedom is all she has to hold onto. So close she can almost taste it. But when her stepmother’s estranged younger brother comes to stay, he presents a mystery that lures her in…”
- Sophia Kinsella <— ROCHELLE LOVES THIS AUTHOR!!
Rochelle: I always click Sophia Kinsella. Looking forward to her new release “Love Your Life ” she is a few of the Authors who never fail to make me laugh. Our souls need laughter. Especially in 2020.
- The Trouble With Christmas by Ashley Bostock <— LIVE!! CHRISTMAS FUN! SHE HAS ZERO BAKING SKILLS BUT WANTS TO RE-OPEN HER GRANDMOTHER’S BAKERY! “…Lily has absolutely zero baking skills, but she’s not going to get her tinsel in a knot over that. Her real challenge will be finding a way to sneak a little private time under the mistletoe with Jagger, the sexy single dad next door. Just when things seem well on their way to merry and bright, Lily learns her sisters have been working behind her back to secure a buyer for the bakery. Instead of enjoying sleigh-rocking fun with Jagger, Lily battles family fallouts and kitchen disasters…”
- Falling for Madness (Tiaras and Treats Book 6) by Claire Ashlynn
- Witsec and Whiskey: A Steamy Romantic Suspense (Last Chance Security Book 1) by Allison LaFleur
- Into the Fire (The Elements Book 1): A Millionaire Romance by J B Glazer
- Savage Lands by Stacey Marie Brown <— FAE FANTASY ROMANCE ALERT!! “...Nineteen-year-old human, Brexley, has grown up in privilege, but not without heartbreak. After being orphaned, she is taken in by General Markos, living in a walled city rife with power grabs and ruthless political games. Then one night the course of her life changes, and Brexley is thrown into the most feared prison in the east. Halalhaz, the House of Death—where you go in but don’t come out. She must learn to live with the worst of fae and human criminals. The rule of hierarchy puts humans on the bottom, where the only way to survive each day is to make alliances with the fae…”
- ➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
- ➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- The Last Girl by Kitty Thomas <— AUDIOBOOK IS LIVE!!! DARK READ (or listen!!) ALERT!
Amy: The Last Girl by Kitty Thomas? I REALLY liked that one! Dark and vampire-y and PHEW! *fans self* Typical Kitty Thomas hawtness. …ohhhhhh man, this vampire is NOT like our other vampire guys. He has his moments of being sorta nice but…
- The Game Maker by Kitty Thomas <— AUDIOBOOK IS LIVE!! DARK LISTEN ALERT!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Three Women Disappear: with bonus novel Come and Get Us by James Patterson – October 26th 2020
- Ruthless: Black Mountain Academy by Mila Crawford & Aria Cole – October 26th 2020
- The Boss Upstairs (Orchard Heights Book 3 (standalone)) by Roya Carmen – October 27th 2020
- Victory at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys Book 5) by C.M. Stunich – October 27th 2020
- Spells (Bayou Magic Book 2) by Kristen Proby – October 27th 2020
- Code Name: Rook (Jameson Force Security Book 6) by Sawyer Bennett – October 27th 2020
- Left to Kill (An Adele Sharp Mystery—Book Four) by Blake Pierce – October 27th 2020
- Far From Destined (Promise Me Book 3) by Carrie Ann Ryan – October 27th 2020
- Blacklisted (Loveless, Texas Book 3) by Jay Crownover – October 27th 2020
- Stroke of Midnight: A Cinderella Novel by K Webster – October 27th 2020
- The Woods Are Always Watching by Stephanie Perkins – October 27th 2020
- Return To Sender (The Hart Duet Book 2) by J.S. Cooper – October 27th 2020
- Looking for a Cowboy (Heart of Texas Book 5) by Donna Grant – October 27th 2020
- Crown of One Hundred Kings (Nine Kingdoms Trilogy Book 1) by Rachel Higginson – October 27th 2020
- Love Your Life: A Novel by Sophie Kinsella – October 27th 2020
- The World According to Vince – A romantic comedy (Gym or Chocolate Book 2) by Stuart Reardon & Jane Harvey-Berrick – October 28th 2020
- Dark Guardian (Black Hoods MC Book 3) by Avelyn Paige & Geri Glenn – October 30th 2020
- KATE (Madison Kate Book 4) by Tate James – October 31st 2020
- A Licentious Storm by Aziza Sphinx – October 31st 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).