ANOTHER HAPPY FRIDAY IS HERE!!! And another Friday Finds list to keep us entertained for the weekend. 😉 Or to continue building our TBR lists (we’re book addicts, we can’t help it). LOTS of great recommendations below and new releases.
TODAY’S “BLAST FROM THE PAST” BOOK HIGHLIGHTS:
- 1 year ago today, Reader Recommendations – Our Favorite Plain Jane or Ugly Duckling Romance Books
- 3 years ago this weekend, we needed more intense romance angst like this book!! What to Read After Drive
- 4 years ago yesterday, this book stole my heart, and then had a gasp-worthy twist!! Book Review – Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
- 7 years ago, Kristen Ashley gave me my very own Colorado Mountain Man, and the prologue made me cry. Book Review – Jagged by Kristen Ashley
- 8 years ago today, I met R.L. Mathewson!!! Behind The Books – Book Signing Edition With R.L. Mathewson in Orlando + I have goodies to give away!
- 9 years ago today, I went 4.5 STAR CRAZY for this age-gap (older woman/younger man) forbidden romance book. And he was homeless. Book Review – Finding Home by Bonnie Dee and Lauren Baker
- 9 years ago tomorrow, our fellow readers wanted to know the difference between these 2 genres: Urban Fantasy Series Recommendations and the Difference Between Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Genres
- 10 years ago tomorrow, these bad-ass vampires had me highly entertained after I needed more like BDB. Book Review – Taken By Midnight by Lara Adrian
- 11 years ago today… I met Acheron. OH MY!!!!! What I’m Reading Today… P.S. I’m skipping ahead, and including my 5-star review too!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- ➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! EXTENDED THROUGH DECEMBER ☃️🎄🎄☃️!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- ➔➔➔ AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP SUPER-SALE!!! 😲 4 months for a super-bargain (US). Canada and UK 3 months for a super-bargain!! 😀
- Fight From The Heart: a small town romance by L.B. Dunbar <— SNOWSTORM HAS THEM STUCK TOGETHER!! “...moonlighting as a personal assistant, life isn’t always blooming lilacs. Especially when she has a crush on the one man she shouldn’t…the ruggedly handsome, horror writer she assists. His demons haunt more places than the page, but she doesn’t scare easily. Jacob Vincent loves all things dark, especially his home – a mansion in the woods. His Elk Lake City retreat brings inspiration but also temptation in the form of his curvy, quiet, and hardworking assistant…”
- While It Was Snowing (Restoring Heritage Novella -2.5) by Tari Faris <— LIVE!!
- Scars He Gave Me: A Dark Mafia Romance (Bratva Crime Syndicate Book 2) by Nicole Fox <— LIVE!!
- Second Chance with Brother’s Best Friend: A Single Mom Secret Baby Romance by Sofia T Summers <— LIVE!!
- The Cabin by Jasinda Wilder <— HUGE HIT ALERT!! BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE OUR CREW CAN’ GET ENOUGH OF IT!!!! WIDOW IS GRIEVING HER HUSBAND… and then… “…I fill my hours with work until I’m too exhausted to remember him, to feel anything at all. One year, 365 days–and then one knock at my door changes everything. A letter from him, a last request, a secret will: My dearest Nadia, Trust me, my love. One last time, trust me. Sometimes the epilogue to one story is the beginning of another.”
Linda: Highly recommend The Cabin by Jasinda Wilder. Wonderful and unique story. Tissues mandatory!!
Lisa A: I tried to resist clicking on The Cabin. I really did!! But then I read the comments and the Kleenex and the sobbing and the hearbreak…so click I did!!! Just gotta carve out the time to read it.
Liz: The cabin. It was my number one book of 2020. It was heartbreakingly exquisite. I’m so glad for your blog I would have never found it otherwise. Thanks for the recommendation girls.
D.G.: I started reading The Cabin yesterday and finished it this morning…break out the kleenex tissues! The first half WRECKED me! I literally sobbed…stopped to clear the tears, blow my nose then started back…to repeat. It just broke my heart…until it didn’t. Would definitely recommend!
Traci: I’m reading The Cabin and I’m 30% and am ugly crying and thinking why did I do this to myself? It hits very close to home without giving too much away. It’s so good though I have to continue it.
- The Christmas Blanket: A Second-Chance Holiday Romance by Kandi Steiner <— SHE’S STUCK WITH HER EX-HUSBAND IN A STORM!! “...I haven’t been home in four years, not since I left this town with my eyes set on adventure. And my heart set on forgetting the only man I’ve ever loved. River Jensen — my ex-husband. I don’t plan on seeing him during my visit. I definitely don’t plan on him saving me when my little rental car slides off the icy road. And the last thing I could have ever prepared for is being stuck in a tiny cabin with him, waiting out the storm…”
- Faded Mirrors : A Memphis Love Story by B. Love <— LIVE!!
- Boss’s Secret : Fake Love Rich Boss Series Book 1 by Sloane Peterson <— LIVE!!
- Tell Me When It’s Over by B. Celeste <— LIVE!!
- The One: A Novel by John Marrs <— PSYCH-THRILLER SORT OF… AND BARGAIN PRICED & OMG I LOVED THIS ONE and it’s on super-sale right now (US & Canada)!! AND!!! IT’S GOING TO BE A NETFLIX SERIES?? OMG YAYYYYY!!!! I will SO watch this. Thriller/love stories/craziness and unforgettable! The premise is AMAZING. There’s only one soulmate out there for each person, and science has discovered YOURS via a DNA test…
Maryse: Don’t let that sinister cover fool you (although of course… that alone pulled me in). This IS a story of love, falling in love, and the dream come true. —> Well… except for the ones that are NOT “the one”. Eeeeep! And sometimes even the one that IS the one. Double eeeeeeeep!! 😬😬 P.S. Here’s my review.
Paula: My favourite read from February is probably The One by John Marrs – unique concept and it just stuck with me for a while. This is on my all time favourites list – it is so thought provoking.
- The Language of Flowers: A Novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh <— SUPER-BARGAIN & Tasha J GAVE IT 5 STARS! And holy moly almost 6,000 reviews and look at all the high stars!
Tasha: …It’s written really wonderfully and it goes back and forth between past and present throughout so you find out slowly what all happened to shape her into who she is. There is some romance as well but it isn’t the entire focus of the story and it works so well for this book.
So heartwarming and also heartbreaking. There were many times I wanted to shake the mc too!! Awesome read, 5 stars from me.
- Date Me Like You Mean It by R.S. Grey <— LIVE!! THEY USED TO BE BEST FRIENDS… but she’s hiding her feelings for him… “…Not to brag, but Aiden Smith isn’t hard to resist if you’ve been doing it for as long as I have. In fact, we might have continued as best friends forever if not for the fact that I needed him to play the part of my fake boyfriend. Date me like you mean it, I told him. Nudge nudge. C’mon, just go along with a little lie, help a girl out, and then we can all return to life as we know it. Except he veered from the plan…“
- The End of Our Story: Can time and distance keep a great love apart? by Graciela Mayrink
- The Pope (Gypsy Bastards MC Book 2) by Jade Marshall <— LIVE!!
- How to Save a Human (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes Book 4) by Alice Winters <— LIVE!!
- A Deal with the Elf King (Married to Magic Book 1) by Elise Kova <— LIVE!!
- Little Secrets by Jennifer Hillier <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT! Michele G is enjoying this author! Here and below in the audiobooks!
Michele G: I also enjoyed her book, Little Secrets. I’m thinking maybe you read Creep by her?? I can’t remember for sure though.
Maryse: YES!! That was it. Creep!!!!! Wow you have an incredible memory, Michele! Here’s my Book Review.
Shirley: Little Secrets was ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! Highly recommend on audio…the narrator was terrific. SO many twists and turns, I could never guess what was going to happen next! This will definitely be one of my fav’s for 2020! Maryse, you have to read/listen to this. 5++++ stars!
Maryse: Oh sheeeesh!! I really need to start reading more of this author’s books. SHE IS TOTALLY UP MY ALLEY!!!
- White Ivy: A Novel by Susie Yang <— LIVE!! PSYCH-THRILLER BLURB JOLT ALERT!! SHE’S OBSESSED WITH HIM and ooooh how did I miss THIS one a couple of days ago?!!! “...A young woman’s crush on a privileged former classmate becomes a story of love, lies, and dark obsession, offering stark insights into the immigrant experience, as it hurtles to its electrifying ending…”
Michele G: White Ivy does look really good Maryse! Thanks for posting it…*adds another book to the pile 🙂
- Obsidian Boxed Set by Victoria Quinn <— VICTORIA QUINN SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! PLUS A BONUS BOOK! “…For a limited time, you can get this entire boxed set for a SUPER low price. This deal will expire shortly after release, so get your copy while you can.”
- Read My Mind by Natasha Preston <— LIVE!! NO PASSION W/ HER BOYFRIEND & HER NEIGHBOR IS SECRETLY IN LOVE WITH HER!! “…When the two are finally thrown together, and fate lends a hand, entwining their lives in a way that forces them to face their true feelings for each other, Reid finally has his chance to make her see him. It’s just a shame Mila is already taken…”
- Shelter Me: A Small Town Family Romance (Lost Coast Love Book 1) by Allyson Charles <— LIVE!!
- HOT CEO: Strong Girl CEO Romance (HOT SERIES Book 2) by Anna Kane <— LIVE!!
- Damian: A Dark Mafia Romance (Dark Mafia Kingpins Book 3) by Naomi West <— LIVE!!
- Steamy Gamble: A Enemies to Lovers Forced Marriage Romance (Decadent Dawes Book 3) by Tori Pine and Victoria Pinder <— LIVE!!
- Love Next Door by Sikya Trishay <— LIVE!!
- The Prince’s Bride (Part 1) by J.J. McAvoy <— LIVE!! ARRANGED MARRIAGE ALERT! “…He is a spoiled playboy prince whose family is in desperate need of money. She’s an American heiress who can only get her inheritance through marriage. According to their families they are a perfect match. According to each other, arranged marriages have no place in modern times and this could not possibly work…”
- The Fox Demon’s Kiss by Keri Moore <— RECENTLY WENT LIVE!! “…Often times, the best way to move on is to move forward. At least that’s what Dana Jones thinks when she and her younger sister Nikki fly to Kyoto, Japan to fulfill their late mother’s wish. But as a young black college student in a new land, Dana’s skills are put to the test—and no amount of work can prepare her for what comes next…”
- To Where You Are by K.A Hobbs and H.A Robinson <— Melinda LOVED this one!
Melinda: I did read To where you are by K.A Hobbs and H.A Robinson really loved that.
- Holidays Bite: A Limited Edition Collection of Holiday Vampire Tales <— LIVE!! SUPER-BARGAIN ANTHOLOGY! “…one-click now for 25 holiday vampire reads you’ll never forget—even if you live forever.”
- It’s The Chase For Me: A Heights Story (Heights Stories Book 1) by Christina C. Jones <— SHE WASN’T TRYING TO GET INVOLVED WITH HIM… “...In my defense, I wasn’t the one who messed up. And if that hadn’t happened, I wouldn’t have run into him the first time, in the first place. But then there was the second time, in the second place. And then the third time, in the third place. Then the fourth… you get it, right? I really wasn’t trying to get involved with him like that, but the happenings kept happening, and well… what had happened was…“
- The Many Sins of Lord Cameron by Jennifer Ashley <— MAKING JAN FAN HERSELF!! 😉
Jan: I’m reading a highlander HR for a book of the month read on goodreads. The Many Sins of Lord Cameron by Jennifer Ashley. Those men in kilts. Oh my! There is a scene when the heroine actually does find out what he wears under his kilt (or not). *fans self* Ha ha ha.
- Irons and Works: The Complete Series by E.M. Lindsey <— SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! In the small town of Fairfield, Colorado lies an unobtrusive shop with band flyers in the windows and a neon sign blinking Tattoo. And while it might seem like a nothing little place with nothing little people living their nothing little lives, behind those doors lay epic tales of love and romance.
- Finding Our Forever: Single Dad Romance (Stepping Stones Series Book 1) by Laura Riley <— LIVE!!
- Mountain Hero Warrior Series: Complete Box Set (Books 1-5) by Misty Moore <— LIVE!!
- The Power of Us (Us Duology Book 1) by Skylar Shoar <— LIVE!!
- Stealing Destiny (Mafia Sisters Book 1) by Maya Reed <— LIVE!!
- MONY HAS BEEN RETRO-READING!! 😉 Here’s her list:
Retro reads. Lots of “comfort” books in last couple weeks…books fantastic as ever. Little bit of rock, sport, bully & manwhore. 😏
🎸Idol (VIP, #1) & Managed (VIP, #2) by Kristen Callihan. Hot lead guitarist Killian & sweet Libby. Gorgeous British band manager Scott & sassy Sophie. Both are wonderful stories…quirky, chemistry, banter.
🏕Teardrop Shot by Tijan. A different kind of sport romance set at a nature camp where team is training. Hot & caring NBA player Reese & “crazy” Charlie…feel good story.
🤨Devastated (Anger Management, #1) by R. L Mathewson. Awesome bully story…especially like Hunter in last third of the book. *sigh*
🥂Manwhore/ Manwhore #1 by Katy Evans. What can I say…I like egotistical billionaires & IMHO, this one of the best. Both characters, Saint & Rachel, are fabulous and must find their way in an unusual relationship.
- Goodbye, Orchid: To Love Her, He Had To Leave Her by Carol Van Den Hende <— WHAT A GORGEOUS COVER!! DISASTER STRIKES!!! “…One July morning in Manhattan, handsome athlete and entrepreneur Phoenix Walker accompanies his love, half-Asian beauty Orchid, to the airport. Neither believes today is goodbye. But after she leaves, disaster strikes. Phoenix wakes in the hospital, broken, forever changed. He longs for Orchid but remembers the tragedy in her past that makes her panic over images of trauma. Now, he’s faced with the hardest decision of his life…”
- Crazy Eights (Stacked Deck Book 8) by Emilia Finn <— LIVE!!
- Axel’s Promise (Inferno’s Clutch MC Book 4) by E.C. Land <— LIVE!!
- Tempt Me: Tattoos and Temptation Book 5 by Mia Monroe <— LIVE!!
- Gideon (Boyfriend for Hire Book 3) by RJ Scott and Meredith Russell <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! “…Rowan hiring his boss for a trip back to his moms’ place for Christmas sounded like a good idea at the time. Killing two birds with one stone, he can cheer up Gideon and possibly steal a kiss under the mistletoe. After all, he’s been hiding his attraction to the man for years, and maybe with some Christmas magic, he can help Gideon see what is right under his nose...”
- All Screwed Up by Beth Bolden and Brittany Cournoyer <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Stealing Time: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel (Crow’s Feet Coven Book 3) by Christine Gael <— LIVE!!
- One Hundred Reasons (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 1) by Kelly Collins <— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! SHE’S STARTING OVER & HE’S THE SURLY BARTENDER… and Nancy found it for us! Here’s a snippet from her review!
Nancy: …She heads to Aspen Cove, never imaging that small town would make all her wishes come true. Including the man of her dreams would be one surly bar owner, that has a one-eyed cat named Mike, a cantankerous & alcoholic dad, and was her next door neighbor…
This is the first book I have read by Kelly Collins. I really liked her writing and look forward to reading the next book in the series.
- The Takeover (The Miles High Club Book 2) by T L Swan <— SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED!! SINGLE MOM & HE WAS TRYING TO TAKE OVER HER DEAD HUSBAND’S COMPANY… “...Six months later, he was the guest speaker at a conference I attended in France. Still arrogant and infuriating—but this time, surprisingly charming and witty. When he looked at me, I got butterflies. But I can’t go there. He’s just a player in a hot suit, and I’m just a widow with three unruly sons…”
Mony: The Takeover by T L Swan was kinda magical…love the title…you’ll see why if you read the book. Best characters I’ve read in a while. 5 big ⭐!
Lisa M: I read the Takeover last weekend oh how I loved it & laughed my head off on some parts. When I finished I reread the Stopover. I have read all of TL Swans books & reread some of them a few times.
Liz: The takeover, I never laughed out loud so hard when he went to Her house and met the kids.
- The Descendants Complete Series: Books 1-3 by L.D. Hall <— SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!! She’s discovering her power and he’s the vampire sent to protect her… “…Alaric, a centuries-old vampire, lives a solitary life by choice. When he’s assigned to protect Naomi, long dormant emotions stir to life...”
- Bear Outlaws: Paranormal Biker Reverse Harem Romance by Lilly Wilder <— LIVE!!
- Christmas Scandals : Billionaire Christmas Edition (A Billion Scandals Book 7) by L.A. Pepper <— LIVE!!
- Yours (Beautiful Sinner Series Book 4) by Elena M. Reyes <— LIVE!!
- Van Helsing Rising (Immortal Hunters MC Book 1) by Helen Scott and Lacey Carter Andersen <— LIVE!!
- Love Me Like You Mean It: A Sweet Romantic Comedy (Love Me Romcom Series Book 2) by Laura Burton <— LIVE!! SHE LIKES TO TRY ON WEDDING DRESSES WHEN SHE’S HAVING A BAD DAY… “…So, I’m innocently trying on a dress. MY dress. The one I’m going to mortgage my apartment to pay for when Mr. Right finally comes along. When Shelly Bones, my arch-nemesis from highschool walks in. Our eyes meet, and for a second I don’t think she recognizes me. But her entourage of ladies twitter to each other. One of them points at me...”
- ➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
- ➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Until the End of the World by Sarah Lyons Fleming <— R. Renee recommends it!
R. Renee: I can’t remember if I recommended it yet but the Until the End of the World series is awesome on audio. It’s zombie apocalyptic, which I *should* hate, but I loved it! Julia Whelan narrates.
Maryse: I LOVE HER!! Wow.. then of course it is awesome. If I can remember right, Amy went pretty crazy for this series.
Amy: OMG I loved that series. Even though years later I’m still traumatized by the second book, And After. 😩
R. Renee: Agreed. The second book needs to sit in a corner and think about what it’s done.
- Jar of Hearts by Jennifer Hillier <— Michele G is LOVING it!
Michele G: Currently, I’m listening to Jar of Hearts by Jennifer Hillier….wow!! What a story and great narration!! I keep thinking…”why did I wait so long?” Of course, I’m pretty early on…so a lot could still happen…but, so far so good…
Maryse: OMG she has the best eerie covers!!!! I really need to start reading more of this author’s books. SHE IS TOTALLY UP MY ALLEY!!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- A Treacherous Trade (The Business of Blood Book 2) by Kerrigan Byrne – November 10th 2020
- Nobody Knows (SWAT Generation 2.0 Book 11) by Lani Lynn Vale – November 10th 2020
- Shine With Me: A With Me In Seattle Novella by Kristen Proby – November 10th 2020
- The Arrest: A Novel by Jonathan Lethem – November 10th 2020
- Dog Tags: A romance anthology featuring military and canine heroes – November 10th 2020
- Noble Prince (Tin Gypsy Book 4) by Devney Perry – November 10th 2020
- The Kingdom: A novel by Jo Nesbo – November 10th 2020
- Decompose: A Psychological Thriller by Layne Deemer – November 10th 2020
- Shades of Darkness (Guardians of Eternity Book 16) by Alexandra Ivy – November 10th 2020
- A Problematic Christmas Love (Love On The Pacific Shores Book 8) by Rebecca Rohman – November 10th 2020
- Reclaim: A Standalone Friends-to-Lovers Romance by Aly Martinez – November 12th 2020
- The Lighthouse Inn: Shattered Cove Series Book 4 by A.M. Kusi – November 12th 2020
- Wicked Truths (The Hunt Legacy Duology Book 2) by Jodi Ellen Malpas – November 12th 2020
- See Me After Class by Meghan Quinn – November 12th 2020
- The Rancher and The Heiress by Anna DeForest – November 13th 2020
- Lavender’s Book by H. Hunting – November 16th 2020
- Little Lies by H Hunting – November 16th 2020
- Dark Alpha’s Caress: A Reaper Novel by Donna Grant – November 16th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).