I am in my countdown to Book Bash mode, making a list, checking it twice… I’m trying to find out who’s naughty or nice. Er…. oh wait. That’s Santa. But I feel like it’s Christmas right now so it works! 😀
I swear I can barely sleep, double-checking everything, “pre-experiencing” it in my brain, *squeeing* about it in text messages with anyone that can stand me right now. I’m even dreaming about it. And I have those typical dreams, you know? The ones where you “forget” to show up and realize that you missed your own test (or in my case… “event”). Then there was the one where I did show up but forgot to bring… everything. Now, i’m just expecting the next one to be me walking in… in my underwear.
Only in my dreams, though… ’cause in real life, it’s just gonna rock, and no worries. My mom’ll be there to make sure I get dressed. 😉 Thanks mommy!!
So overall, I’m just a big happy *squeeing* excited mess. One thing I am missing though, is the reason for this whole celebration in the first place. Books. Over the last month or so, I’ve temporarily slowed down my usual reading schedule for this great big book event (it’s worth it though). Eight more sleeps, people!!! Eeeeeeep!!! Actually 7 more sleeps, ’cause I’ll be meeting a ton of you on Friday! 😀
But let me tell you, on July 1st… I’m turning back into a reading machine. Read books, *squee* and then review books. I will read, read, and read some more. I’m seriously craving laying on my couch for days on end, with my nose in book after book. Will y’all join me in my upcoming book indulgence?
Yah!? Cool! Okay so in the meantime, I’ll just continue to “collect” books, and post the reviews of the books I have read, this weekend.
So here are the latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
- For Everly by Raine Thomas (major league pitcher!!) <— Aimee & Kathy found us this deal!
- Finding Catalina by Amy Baker <— Stephanie found us this one: “Don’t forget to check out Amy Baker’s, Finding Catalina, for 99¢ today! Yes, it’s a stand alone novel! Yay!”
- VAIN by Fisher Amelie <— I really enjoyed this one (my review). Maddie just reminded me of it saying: “It has been on my TBR list for awhile and finally got to it. What a great book! Totally not what I was expecting and I highly recommend it! 5 Stars!!
- Beyond Shame (Beyond, Book One) by Kit Rocha <— another one I loved (see my review) and Stephanie just found it!
- A Night to Forget (Emma’s Story) by Jessica Wood <– Meghan found us this one saying “This one looks really good”. So I looked and sure enough… it does! (A spring fling and when she runs into him again later, he doesn’t even remember her!)
- Falling Into Us by Jasinda Wilder <— Just released!!!
- Following Me by K.A. Linde <— Also just released!!!
- Leo’s Chance (Sign of Love #2) by Mia Sheridan <— Just released!!!
- Remember When 2: The Sequel (The Remember Trilogy) by T. Torrest <— Just released!!! (thanks Megan & Lori). Sharon says: “The first book in this series was awesome, can’t wait to read this one!”
- Remember When (Remember Trilogy #1) by T. Torrest <—- (and here’s the first book)
- FALLEN CREST FAMILY (Fallen Crest Series) by Tijan <— Just released!!! (thanks Jess!) and Ashley is extra-excited: “About freaking time! I’ve been waiting for this for ever!!!!!! Yippie”
- Take Care, Sara by Lindy Zart <— a reminder about this one. A super-deal (here’s my review) and Tina loved it, too saying: “100% 5 star book for me! Amazing read.”
- Off The Record by Sawyer Bennett <– Stephanie found us this deal, and I jumped on it!! It’s the latest release in this series —> (here’s the series reading order)
- Fading by E.K. Blair <— Lori found us this one!
- The Do Over by A.L. Zaun <– found by Stephanie & Tricia.
- Savor You by Emily Snow <— Georgia recommends this one: “loved it, 4 stars. I love the whole Devoured series and this didn’t disappoint. Just wish there was an epilogue. … Technically it’s part of the devoured series but focus on Lucas’s sister, Kylie, and one of the band members, Wyatt.”
- Eversea by Natasha Boyd <– and this one (which is high on my TBR list). She says: “4stars, great characters, romance, angst but be warned cliffhanger.” Cassie recommends it, too: “Great read! It’s one of my favorites of the summer so far. I absolutely cannot wait for the sequel to come out. If you haven’t added this one to your list, do so immediately! “
- Jet: A Marked Men Novel by Jay Crownover —> Jillian loved #1: ” I just finished Rule this morning and absolutely LOVED it! Looking forward to reading about Jet soon!” and Amy loved this new release: “This book is amazing !!”
- Fall From Love by Heather London <— Meghan found us this one! “I read Take Care, Sara last weekend and LOVED it. This looks like it could be a similar story and it has really great reviews.”
- Inevitable (Book 1) by Angela Graham <— although Ashley warns us of a cliffhanger: “Just read (and really enjoyed) ‘Inevitable’ by Angela Graham, only to discover that it was a cliffhanger at the end! Hate when that happens!”
- Real Ugly (Hard Rock Roots) by C.M. Stunich <– Maria brought this one to our attention and Angel recommends it! “was good and gritty. It ends in a cliffhanger but book to Get Bent will be out July 4th I believe… My jaw just dropped with how it ended, I said out loud, “No way!” when I finished it. I am dying for the 2nd book too!!!”
- AnguiSH by Lila Felix <— Oh this one looks good! An agoraphobic guy and a girl… “A simple note pinned to a corkboard will lead Ash right to Breaker’s solitary world and she will learn that just because a guy doesn’t fit her ideal, doesn’t mean she won’t fall head over feet in love.” Shannon highly recommends it: “Have you read AnguiSH by Lila Felix? If not you should!!! Five stars for me. Her writing just gets better and better in my opinion. So beautifully written that the lack of smut isn’t even missed. 🙂 Really interesting characters and I just got sucked right into the story. Pick it up!!!”
- Neanderthal seeks Human (Knitting in the City) by Penny Reid <— everyone just seems to LOVE this one like crazy
- This Man (This Man Trilogy) by Jodi Ellen Malpas <— very popular series and book #1. Jennifer pointed out this deal: “… the 3rd of the Trilogy will be out on July 2nd. I really enjoyed this series.”
- Beneath This Man (This Man Trilogy) by Jodi Ellen Malpas
- Bind Me (Roommate Romance #2) by Rene Folsom <— Paige found us this one! “Not sure how this short (abt 6600 words) didn’t find me! PErfect for when you just don’t have the time but need to get your sexy on!! Roommates…light BDSM (very light) and the rest is YUM! Plus the author is a great writer…”
- Irreparably Broken (Irreparable) by KJ Bell <— Kat found us this sale price! (and it’s a standalone!)
- Saving Dallas by Kim Jones <— Susan recommends it but beware of cliffhanger: “Just finished reading “Saving Dallas” by Kim Jones. Just loved it!! Have you read it? Great Biker alpha bad and beautiful!”
- Three Hearts One Soul (The Soul Series #1) by Bec Botefuhr <— Stephanie found us this one, and wrote: “Note: Every review is 5 stars!!! Warning…reviews state that this is a “real tear jerker.” and Jess says: “Wow! Just finished this and I loved it! But be warned, it has a cliffhanger ending. I still loved it tho! very emotional and deep”
- Limits (Lengths) by Steph Campbell & Liz Reinhardt (thanks Lori!)
You can count on me Sweetpea!!! and I’ll make sure you are completely dressed for the occasion… have no fear! 😉 LUV U xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Absolutely loved fallen crest family. 2nd book in a series but no cliffhanger between the books. Thank God bc I am so sick of cliffhangers! I love these 2 books, so great.
I loved Eversea, Limits (Lengths), and Savor You. They all deserve a spot on your TBR list, particularly Eversea. I can’t wait for the second book.
Haha Mom! *phew* what a relief. 😉
I am just want to put out there again, if you have not read this one be sure to get it, very, very good – just loved it. It is on sell right now for .99
The Edge of Darkness (Darkness Trinity) (Volume 1) by Melissa Andrea
I just finished reading Bully by Penelope Douglas (It was released this week). It as a really great read. And best do all? It was FREE!!! It was definable a re-read for me.
Aw crap, I now have over 300 unread books on my Kindle, mostly because of the shopping spree I go on every Friday after your posts. 😉
I can’t wait for Book Bash either!!! I am super, super excited to meet you Maryse. The Count down is on!!!
I can’t wait to meet you too, Shanda!!! Here’s a pre-hug!!!
Hi Maryse thanks for sharing 🙂 so I wanted to know is Jet book 2 to Rule?
Yes, I believe so, Mihaela. 🙂
Can’t wait till book bash!
Lindsay, thanks for the suggestion to read Bully. I finished it this morning. It was great. A re-read for sure. Love those freebies.
can’t wait for Friday,,, even though i have about a 7 hr drive to get to book bash,,,, can’t wait:),, checking into hotel friday, so want miss anything LOL,, its a girls weekend for me and my sister:)