<— LOOKIE what’s on sale right now!! I’ve been told a million times that this is a MUST read (and so incredibly twisty and crazy-like) so I just bought it. YAY!!! Plus,
today’s latest recommendations feature a bunch of new-to-me reads (I think only a couple that have appeared on here before). In fact, I even dug in and looked for some “different” looking blurbs that *got* me, and I think I found a few freaky ones! A teacher-student that I’ve never heard of before… a “purchased” stripper (this one looks like it gets messy!) and one of a stripper being stalked.
Oh and what am I reading now? Stinger (Sign of Love, Scorpio) by Mia Sheridan. It’s #3 in the series, but reads perfectly as a standalone (I haven’t read the other two). They (our fellow readers) have been telling me how awesome it is, but it’s when someone actually told me what HE does for a living… that’s what had me jumping on it. Tee hee! Very different indeed! Hey, I can’t help being intrigued with how a relationship between a law-student and a male porn star could possibly work. It’s a “social” study. 😉 And yes! I am very much enjoying it. I think the angst is about to hit the fan as we speak. I’m heading right back to it, now. 😉
Okay so here are today’s goodies!!!
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn <—- OH LOOKIE!! (thanks Sandra!) I know this book IS HUGELY POPULAR (almost 14,000 reviews!) and many of our fellow readers LOVED it! Claudia says: “If you didn’t read this book..READ IT NOW!!!! This is the kind of book that has a twist, so twisted. Lol… Seriously…one of my favs books!!!!” and Sadie says: “…I’m not confirming or denying a HEA, … I LOVED it, but I don’t think it’s for everyone. It’s not a love story, IMO. More like a revenge story with lots of mystery, suspense and twists that keep you guessing.” <– okay. I bought it!
- Sing (Songs of Submission #7) by CD Reiss <— just released!! (I hear this series is awesome and I gotta get to it ASAP!!) Here’s the series reading order.
- Silent Fall (Sanders Brothers #2) by Barbara Freethy <— can be read as a standalone. “Dylan Sanders is attending a wedding in the mountains when his trip takes a terrible turn. A former lover appears out of nowhere, demands a private conversation, and lures him into the woods, then leaves him there, drugged and disoriented. The next morning, the woman has disappeared, and Dylan is accused of her murder.”
- Phoenix by Raine Anthony <— Kat found us this (a fighter and a teacher!) – Tiffany says: “Read it and it was very Good!”
- Flawed by Kate Avelynn <— Oh look I read this one last year, and this one has that taboo aspect. Pretty creepy. 😉 (check out my review)
- Every Rose by Lynetta Halat <— Lori found out that this one is on sale today, too! (here’s my review)
- Living Again by LL Collins <— (thanks Kat!) <— oh this one sounds sad and angsty!! “…she loses her husband in a tragic accident. No longer sure how to navigate life after her enormous loss, Kayley clings to her newborn baby, her family, and her friends to keep herself living.“
- Beneath the Burn by Pam Godwin <— I hear this one’ll be going off sale any time now. Crazy rock-star/kidnap read! Marsha says: “I really enjoyed this one”
- The Missionary by JackWilder <— new release by Jasinda Wilder’s husband!
- Dazzled by Jane Harvey-Berrick <– Stephanie found us this one! “Dazzled by Jane Harvey-Barrick is on sale!” Hey I remember reading about this one!! Actor in Hollywood that meets much success but doesn’t love it and he’s friends with “normal girl next door” who’s in love with him…
- Embrace (Evolve Series #2) by S.E. Hall <— recommended by Carrie: “You will love Embrace by S.E.Hall! I know you were wondering how it would all play out after Emerge. I think you will love Evan in this one!! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts. To anyone that is looking for something to read Emerge and Embrace are fantastic”
- Emerge (Evolve Series) by S.E. Hall <— (see my review). Oh riiiight! I just re-read my review and I just remembered that intense ending.. okay.
- More Than This by Jay McLean <– Michele is loving this one! “I am starting more than this, for some reason, I read the sample back when and then pushed it to the side. Then I thought, lets give it another guy, IM FEELING CONSUMED!!!! yay me, happy night with a book boyfriend perhaps – hubby won’t know.. shhhhhhhhh“
- Brother’s Keeper by Elizabeth Finn <— oh and look at this one!! Thanks Kandace for bringing it to my attention! She said: “I felt everything she was going through. I loved the forbidden relationship and how it all played out in the end.” and Georgie agrees! “i finished brothers keeper last night and you’re right it was really good.” FORBIDDEN!! I love that keyword!! 😉
- Love Realized (The Real Love Series) by Melanie Codina <— Courtney recommends this one: “Just read Love Realized by Melanie Codina. Enjoyed it and there is a new book, companion standalone coming out in the series later this month. It was refreshing to see a book with older characters.” and Kandace agrees! “I really like this one two. It is one of my favorite second chance romances. I hated the ex husband. It’s nice to read about older characters.”
- Rebound by Nikki Mathis Thompson <– Lori says: “Has anyone read this?” and Sally said: “This one actually looks good, something a little different I’m intrigued” <– okay now I gotta check this out! BRB… Okay. I’m back! Hrmm… newly divorced, gets a new job, fling with boss… and someone else? “But when a man from the past enters her life and as she grows closer to her new boss, she is forced to re-evaluate the whole fling concept.“
- WHEN FANGIRLS LIE (How (Not) To Be Seduced By Rockstars) by Marian Tee <— Barbara brought this ROCK STAR series to our attention, and it has really good reviews! “19-year-old Saffi March is not the perfect girl everyone thinks she is. When the pressure of pretending becomes too much, she escapes for a weekend and transforms herself into another persona – a hardcore groupie for the rockstar also known as Sweden’s #1 Sex God, Staffan Aehrenthal.“
- WHEN FANGIRLS CRY (How Not To Be Seduced By Rockstars, Book 2) by Marian Tee <– (and here’s book #2)<— a continuation of book #1.
- Learning to Live by R.D. Cole <— Kathy found us this one! “This is on sale. Has good reviews.” <— “Between growing up in foster care and her abusive boyfriend she has no idea what life can be.”
- The Bro-Magnet (A Nice Guy Romance Novel) by Lauren Baratz-Logsted <— Stephanie found us this one saying: “The Bro Magnet (A Nice Guy Romance Novel) … *This comedic novel is a different take on a guy trying to reinvent himself to win a woman!” and Shannon liked it! “I REALLY liked this book. Male POV and funny!”
- Discovering Us by Harper Bentley <– Khamla recommends this saying: “Best Angst and Heartache book ever.” “When Jag is drafted to the Dodgers as the hot, new pitcher of the team, Ellen decides to go with him, transferring colleges and leaving her friends and family behind. But things get more and more complicated when busy schedules, a slimy agent and a supermodel disrupt their lives, which makes Ellen question whether they’ll ever get their perfect forever.” Sounds angsty for sure… and I believe there is a cliffhanger…
- Night Owl (The Night Owl Trilogy) by M. Pierce <— Justine recommends: “Just read this book in one sitting. If you liked 50 Shades then you will probably really like it”
- Snowed Over (A Novella) by Angie Stanton <— It looks so cute! “…when a friend of a friend needs a ride north, Alex finds that having beautiful Katie seated by his side proves to be just the distraction he needs. A simple ride home for Christmas turns into a nightmare when light snow rages into a full-scale blizzard. Katie and Alex find themselves stranded, and a vacant cabin becomes a haven from the storm. Under different circumstances, time alone with Alex would be the ultimate Christmas gift, but Katie knows Alex is engaged and she must hide her growing attraction.” <— ahhhhh a sweet Christmas relief from our crazy reads. 😉
- Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City) by Penny Reid <— back on the list ’cause our fellow readers are lovin’ it!! Jennifer: “I am 3/4 of the way through and I absolutely love it!!! It is just as good…if not better….than the first book!! You DO NOT need to read book #1 to read this one. This is a stand alone!” and Claudia: “I think this one is better than the first.”
- Her Billionaires: Boxed Set (The Complete Collection, Books 1-4) by Julia Kent <— Billionaire series, (459 pages!!) – oh okay… she makes an online ad in a dating site, gets two replies and… “Caught between two men — literally — who turned out to be roommates and secret billionaires, Laura makes a startling discovery about her own capacity for passion.”
- Broken Ever After by Natalie Graham <— student teacher romance… (takes place in England so her being in the “6th form” I believe she’s 19 – soooo safe-ish taboo?) 😉
- Torch (Take It Off) by Cambria Hebert <— FIREMAN! “Now she’s being stalked by someone who’s decided it’s her time to die. The only thing standing in the path of her blazing death is sexy firefighter Holt Arkain.”
- Tease (Take It Off) by Cambria Hebert <— stripper who “… manages to hang on to her job and catch the eye of the Mad Hatter’s best looking bartender, Cam. She’s also caught the eye of someone who wants to do more than look, someone who’s decided that she’s nothing but a tease.”
- Playing With Her Heart by Lauren Blakely <— recommended by author Abbi Glines during the chat a few days ago, (when a reader begged her to give at least one book recommendation). Ohhh I’m curious!! Wow it has great reviews!
- The Dumont Diaries by Alessandra Torre <— okay this one looks up our VERY MESSY alley… strip-club stripper, hired by rich guy to “marry”… one of those contracts-thingies. 😉 I think there’s a crazy triangle that happens (I skimmed a very appalled review – LOL! And I got even more interested. Tee hee!!) “Sex with Nathan was easy. More than easy. Panty-melting, can-never-get-enough HOT. I had begun to think that I could live this new life, showered in luxuries, orgasms, and diamonds. Then I started tripping over secrets.”
- The Haunting Season by Michelle Muto <— and one for our Halloween needs <— “Notoriously haunted, it has remained empty until college-bound Jess Perry and three of her peers gather to take part in a month-long study on the paranormal. Jess, who talks to ghosts, quickly bonds with her fellow test subjects. One is a girl possessed. Another just wants to forget. The third is a guy who really knows how to turn up the August heat, not to mention Jess’s heart rate…when he’s not resurrecting the dead.” YES PLEASE!!! AND! It has lots of great reviews!!